Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When is the Next EP Announcement Coming Out?

Last EP was in November 2016 and announced 2 months prior, yes? So an announcement means 2-3 months of waiting for the release. Well, it's almost March and that's 3 months with no EP announcement which means that if it takes 2-3 months for release then (assuming we have to wait 6 months for a new EP) do you guys think we'll hear an announce next month or in April?

I hear we'll be getting Pets, yes :love: I am seriously hoping that we get 2 EPs this year, but assuming that we only get 1 then Pets is definitely the way to go!

When do you guys think the next EP announcement will be?

Comments

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    July (beginning of second quarter) for a September launch, maybe? I know there's code sitting there, but I find it really hard to convince myself that it's not just going to sit there till fall, between EPs being about a year in development (we're told) and September being about the earliest that makes sense for pulling in in-store wrappable December gift sales. Pets aren't top of my personal list (though I've always bought the pack anyway), so I'd be okay with that, personally. I'm not dying for them.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    July (beginning of second quarter) for a September launch, maybe? I know there's code sitting there, but I find it really hard to convince myself that it's not just going to sit there till fall, between EPs being about a year in development (we're told) and September being about the earliest that makes sense for pulling in in-store wrappable December gift sales. Pets aren't top of my personal list (though I've always bought the pack anyway), so I'd be okay with that, personally. I'm not dying for them.

City living was released a month and a half after the announcement. I assume we can expect next EP to be released a month and a half after its announcement as well.

Now I have a feeling it may be released in late May which would set an announcement date to late March - early April.

Ps: EPs take about a year to make, but it's been said that they are working on multiple things simultaneously. There's a high chance that they've been working on City living, pets and maybe something else at the same time.
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Last EP was in November 2016 and announced 2 months prior, yes? So an announcement means 2-3 months of waiting for the release. Well, it's almost March and that's 3 months with no EP announcement which means that if it takes 2-3 months for release then (assuming we have to wait 6 months for a new EP) do you guys think we'll hear an announce next month or in April?

I hear we'll be getting Pets, yes :love: I am seriously hoping that we get 2 EPs this year, but assuming that we only get 1 then Pets is definitely the way to go!

When do you guys think the next EP announcement will be?

Pets and we'll first see it in the April Quarterly Teaser.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    City Living was so basic with the new animations basically coming from 3 new objects karaoke, basketball and the bubble machine so I could easily see Pets being worked on as they moved the team over after those were finished. Hopefully its announced in the April quarterly teaser why else start patching in code.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    I'm pretty optimistic right now and I think pets will be announced in April and released in June, so by the end of the year we'll have seasons, either through GPs or an EP
    21mbz47.jpg
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Well we just got a GP, probably after the next two stuff Packs, For March, April. So I think April We'll hear about a EP and the next Coming SPs and GPs
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • mmertormmertor Posts: 186 Member
    I think it will be announced in the next quarterly teaser.
    Pets are one of the core EP's of the Sims franchise and it needs a great development time (more than GTW or CL type of packs). Probably they were already working on it for a long time. So expecting 2 EP's this year makes sense, Pets in June and something else (seasons:grey_question: ) in December maybe?
    mmertor wrote: »
    I think it will be announced in the next quarterly teaser.
    Pets are one of the core EP's of the Sims franchise and it needs a great development time (more than GTW or CL type of packs). Probably they were already working on it for a long time. So expecting 2 EP's this year makes sense, Pets in June and something else (seasons:grey_question: ) in December maybe?

I hope seasons drops in Oct or Nov.
  • MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Let's take a look at what we know.
    Get To Work - Announced 4th February 2015, Released March 31st 2015
    Get Together - Announced 5th August 2015, Released December 8th 2015
    City Living - Announced 13th September 2015, Released November 1st 2016
    The average time between the announcement and release of an expansion pack is about 2 months. Get Together definitely took a lot longer. So after the release of the bowling pack the quarterly teaser for April May and June (quarter 2) would probably drop at the start of April, so the earliest we could see Pets is late may or early June
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    MrMonty96 wrote: »
    The average time between the announcement and release of an expansion pack is about 2 months. Get Together definitely took a lot longer. So after the release of the bowling pack the quarterly teaser for April May and June (quarter 2) would probably drop at the start of April, so the earliest we could see Pets is late may or early June

Which would be only 6 or 7 months after the previous EP, when the spread we've been seeing has been 8 months and 11 months. I just don't see it. And I think that people who expect this EP to be only 6 months after the previous one because there's some code there are going to be disappointed. We saw toddler-related code ages and ages ahead of actual toddlers, didn't we?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • 911TruthBear911TruthBear Posts: 625 Member
    edited February 2017
    As far as I'm concerned, I too hope that Pets will be one of the next EPS. Then after that, I hope University and Seasons will follow asap, and hopefully DRIVEABLE cars like we had in Sims 2 (I have no idea what happened to cars in Sims 3 since I never bought it) will somehow be added either as a patch like toddlers were added, or a EP or whatever it will take to get driveable cars!

Then, after that, I'll be happy as a clam...no more comlaints from me! B)

(And yet, I have this odd feeling that by the time they get to fulfulling my wish list, they'll announce Sims 5, and all this complaining will start all over again!) >:)o:)
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    Sims 3 had driveable cars too.
  • brinadaniellebrinadanielle Posts: 96 Member
    Am I the only one hoping that we get a generations type ep next ?

Not sure...Can you refresh my memory? Was ths an EP for Sms 3? Since I didn't play Sims 3, could you please describe this one to me? Thanks! :)

Not sure...Can you refresh my memory? Was ths an EP for Sms 3? Since I didn't play Sims 3, could you please describe this one to me? Thanks! :)

Sure !

So the generations ep brought more "real life" aspects to the game. Midlife crisis. moody teenagers. scrapbook. romantic reputation "tracker", family events, school dances/prom/ after school activities, more elder interactions, more family interactions, teenager chores and punishment, parents could go on vacation and leave teens alone, teen pranking was an actual activity and not a "rabbit hole" activity, Bunk Beds, Spiral Stairs, teaching teen how to drive, Bachelor/bachelorette party...I would like for them to add funerals, baby showers, FAMILY REUNIONS, Roommates, owning a vacation home or more than one house...a few worlds...

Sure !

So the generations ep brought more "real life" aspects to the game. Midlife crisis. moody teenagers. scrapbook. romantic reputation "tracker", family events, school dances/prom/ after school activities, more elder interactions, more family interactions, teenager chores and punishment, parents could go on vacation and leave teens alone, teen pranking was an actual activity and not a "rabbit hole" activity, Bunk Beds, Spiral Stairs, teaching teen how to drive, Bachelor/bachelorette party...I would like for them to add funerals, baby showers, FAMILY REUNIONS, Roommates, owning a vacation home or more than one house...a few worlds...

Being able to let you NPC family members live on your lots...so you could have like a family trailer park...and we need more story progression...I would like for NPC to go and make babies, get married without me (toggle option of course).
    edited February 2017
    Well, by all means, lets pester Maxis/EA/Orgin to get giggy with this one and create it for Sims 4! :)
    Post edited by 911TruthBear on
    Well, by all means, lets pester Maxis/EA/Orgin to get giggy with this one and create it for Sms 4! :)

Lol...not to pester you...if you like it, can you hit the like button for me. I need more points so that I can become a member and post pics and links lol. I only have like 20 pts and I think we need 50? something like that...
  • MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    I'm pretty optimistic right now and I think pets will be announced in April and released in June, so by the end of the year we'll have seasons, either through GPs or an EP

Same here. I don't think it'll be a year like last time.
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
    Vampires GP came out January 24th. January to July is 6 months so that makes since we'll get GP 5 in July. I hope anyway.
    Thanks y'all!!!
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    I hope we dont have to wait too long! :)
  • DecafHighDecafHigh Posts: 669 Member
    I wouldn't really expect to hear anything until after the next GP. We should see the next game pack dropping mid to late summer. Probably hear about the EP early to mid fall.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member

Which would be only 6 or 7 months after the previous EP, when the spread we've been seeing has been 8 months and 11 months. I just don't see it. And I think that people who expect this EP to be only 6 months after the previous one because there's some code there are going to be disappointed. We saw toddler-related code ages and ages ahead of actual toddlers, didn't we?

I agree with this^^

Pets may be the next EP, but I don't see it coming until the end of the year. They are going to want to make use of the holiday shopping season.

I agree with this^^

Pets may be the next EP, but I don't see it coming until the end of the year. They are going to want to make use of the holiday shopping season.

I don't know I think we'll see it in May or June. For one toddlers are done so they probebly will have more Gurus working on the expansion now. Also a lot of the gurus have said this is going to be an awesome year for The Sims 4 so that leads me to believe that we will be getting more packs this year. I hope Pets does come in May or June so we have a shot at Seasons this Fall. I want two expansions and two gamepacks this year.

Vampires came out 7 months after Dine Out so there is a chance we could get Gamepack 5 by July or August. If were not getting another expansion till Fall and I'm wrong I hope they pump out more stuffpacks and more free content in patches.