Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• Options
    SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    This thread *may be* one of the biggest reasons why we go toddlers back. I hope it's never forgotten. We stood together and actually accomplished something huge with this thread.
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• Options
    Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    I think that many folks are busy playing or are busy with things in RL. I know I've been playing Sims 4 much more with toddlers.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Happy Valentine's Day :smile:<3

14707916_1817049635244387_5287023386566810104_o.jpg?oh=15d6e5cba28d1d254a7516f333eb5c33&oe=5904B50C

Feel free to share Valentine's Day pictures in my new thread :smile:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/912599/show-your-the-sims-3-valentines-day-pictures-2017#latest
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Frogprincess_qFrogprincess_q Posts: 1,269 Member
    I've been loving TS4 lately :astonished: I still have things that irk me, but overall it's a much better game with toddlers in it :blush: I have finally caved in and gotten Master Controller and I think that that helps a lot too (plus a few other really awesome mods).
    Edits made and not mentioned will be for typos.

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I've been loving TS4 lately :astonished: I still have things that irk me, but overall it's a much better game with toddlers in it :blush: I have finally caved in and gotten Master Controller and I think that that helps a lot too (plus a few other really awesome mods).
    I agree. I do wish that some Simmers would be a little more polite towards other Simmers who would like to have features that they wouldn't. It's kinda sad and unfair in my opinion. But yeah, I think the game is so much better right now. The devs have been on fire lately. They did a great job with toddlers and vampires. I hope they can still address things like the "object" babies, lack of little details + issues with/on the retail system from GTW and add new club perks to Get Together. Also I would love multiple packs including things like hobbies for every Sim age, stuff packs for toddlers and teens and maybe another one for kids or maybe even elders. I welcome basically every single theme for the game at the moment, as long as it's well thought out (which it likely will, as the latest packs have been a lot better for TS4).
    Oh, back to the topic. Great pictures everyone! I LOVE to see these family pics! They always inspire me to play TS4 again and again. It's so exciting to even think about what they will have in store for us later this year ;)
    BTW, I'm SO excited for that Bowling SP! I know bowling is not everyone's cup of tea, but I bet the pack will be interesting and well done at least. <3
    Keep being positive and optimistic everyone! Have a great day! <3
    -ULIBABA66
  • Options
    ThrippaThrippa Posts: 678 Member
    I'd also like to see a few more club logos for Get Together. I created a club and there was nothing in the available ones to fit the theme. Have been playing a lot of Sims 4 recently, and had to find an add skill levels cheat because I started playing a few premades. Apparently they can get up to level 8 or 9 in a job without any skills whatsoever as long as they are NPSims, but as soon as I start playing I have to get them to, say, level 9 mischief and level 6 charisma for another promotion, when the only skill this elder has is 2 points of Handy. . . So I've been catching up to minimum for the job level and adding 5 points of cooking to all adults and elders. Also, since most of the NPSs had aged to elder or died, I've managed the two original worlds to add some teens and children for my player sims' kids to interact with. (Have now shut off aging unless I'm playing my primary family. Secondary families are presumed to be concurrent with primary, so townies don't need to age extra!)

I'd like to see some more vacation destinations. Possibly a few more game packs like OR for, say, skiing trips and a theme park sort of deal, and an expansion with the foreign destinations.
  • Options
    OilbasedoleanderOilbasedoleander Posts: 2,967 Member
    The babies in TS4 look so bad...

In comparison to the sims themselves and now the fleshed out toddlers, they really need to update those poor object babies. I don't want to claim ugly baby, but they do make me cringe a little.

Poor things. I think I'd rather take swaddled baby from TS3 instead. xD
  • Options
    AndygalAndygal Posts: 1,280 Member
    edited February 2017
    I wish they'd do them like Sims 2 babies, they are still the best babies in the series. Meanwhile I have a few toddler pictures.

02-12-17_12-40-36AM_zpsbnsoeot9.png
    02-12-17_12-43-47AM_zpso0zoitpo.png
    02-12-17_12-44-27AM_zpszruawn4u.png

• Options
    bythedreadwolfbythedreadwolf Posts: 832 Member
    Andygal wrote: »
    I wish they'd do them like Sims 2 babies, they are still the best babies in the series.

I'd be happy with just a baby mat so it wouldn't feel like the baby is eternally glued to the bassinet. Sometimes I even forget my sims have babies until they start crying because they are always stuck in the same corner of the house.. It's so sad.
  • Options
    bethyGracebethyGrace Posts: 709 Member
    Andygal wrote: »
    I wish they'd do them like Sims 2 babies, they are still the best babies in the series.

I'd be happy with just a baby mat so it wouldn't feel like the baby is eternally glued to the bassinet. Sometimes I even forget my sims have babies until they start crying because they are always stuck in the same corner of the house.. It's so sad.

It's also the fact that the sims don't respond to the babies very well - for example, the baby is crying in the same room as the parents and they just keep on sleeping? I don't know, but I'm pretty sure most people would wake up to the sound of a crying baby next to their bed :neutral:
  • Options
    MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    Sorry to hear you've been ailing @sparkfairy1, hope you are feeling better soon.

Love all the pictures of the toddlers! I make them, but never play any of them. I make lots of sims and houses, but never play with them, so I really like seeing what others are doing.

Babies need a do-over seriously too. Babies crying are something I never can ignore, even when out and about. I hear a baby crying and I just want to go hold it and sooth it, not that parents would welcome my interference. LOL Sims parents are apparently less sensitive.

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
  • Options
    The babies are much cuter with these mods, they are nearly at the top of the list of "must have mods" for me, for TS4:
    http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=537752
    http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=556018

That said it would be wonderful to have the same attention to detail for babies as we currently have for toddlers. TS2 babies were so good. TS4 babies on the other hand are so limited that I tend to age them up relatively quickly. Having them age into toddlers still makes me happy, though :blush:

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
    WIP: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851667/australian-world-version-1-0-uploaded/p1
  • Options
    MzB06MzB06 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Hi all!

I finally got a chance to play a bit. This is my first TOT Briana <3

Playtime_with_Bianca.png
  • Options
    MzB06MzB06 Posts: 1,200 Member
    I love how they can play!!!

02_14_17_7_22_50_PM.png
  • Options
    OilbasedoleanderOilbasedoleander Posts: 2,967 Member
    The babies are much cuter with these mods, they are nearly at the top of the list of "must have mods" for me, for TS4:

That said it would be wonderful to have the same attention to detail for babies as we currently have for toddlers. TS2 babies were so good. TS4 babies on the other hand are so limited that I tend to age them up relatively quickly. Having them age into toddlers still makes me happy, though :blush:

The mods give them clothes, which is nice, but there isn't any definition to the babies and I think that's what makes me cringe. They look like someone molded them out of play-dough and left features diluted. Like their ears. Not much definition to those.

Give me chunky rolls. Maybe some lashes. Have babies of different sizes and skin tones depending on the parents. Drool. Hiccups. Some babies with more hair, or completely bald like they are now. Give them defining characteristics that makes them unique and lovable.

Not animation putty.
  • Options
    Juniormints74Juniormints74 Posts: 288 Member

Give me chunky rolls. Maybe some lashes. Have babies of different sizes and skin tones depending on the parents. Drool. Hiccups. Some babies with more hair, or completely bald like they are now. Give them defining characteristics that makes them unique and lovable.

I love these ideas for the babies! They would be so great!

• Options
    bythedreadwolfbythedreadwolf Posts: 832 Member

Yeah, the baby overrides make them look so much better and cutter, I personally use these:

http://budgie2budgie.tumblr.com/tagged/ts4-dl-baby-clothes
    http://budgie2budgie.tumblr.com/tagged/ts4+dl+baby+clothes/page/2

I think babies need hair. I don't think I've ever seen a bald newborn in real life.

I just wish EA would give us a couple of objects for them. A baby mat and changing tables would do wonders. I also wish we could bathe them. It's so frustrating that they don't seem to need any care at all. They are like dolls. :(
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member

Yeah, the baby overrides make them look so much better and cutter, I personally use these:

http://budgie2budgie.tumblr.com/tagged/ts4-dl-baby-clothes
    http://budgie2budgie.tumblr.com/tagged/ts4+dl+baby+clothes/page/2

I think babies need hair. I don't think I've ever seen a bald newborn in real life.

I just wish EA would give us a couple of objects for them. A baby mat and changing tables would do wonders. I also wish we could bathe them. It's so frustrating that they don't seem to need any care at all. They are like dolls. :(

I don't know if much be done with babies now. I think they will always be 'objects attached to a crib'

:disappointed:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    SelSel Posts: 430 Member
    edited April 2017
    i revisited an old save earlier and saw my second generation "golden child" aged up to an elder, i totally forgot i was already in the 3rd gen!! :D so have some elder love cause they're really cute sims <3

ofqv3gp.jpg
    Post edited by Sel on
    Origin ID: Selxna
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited February 2017
    I agree, @sparkfairy1. Even I don't say 'never' any more. :D #TeamFreeTheBabies

I haven't been playing TS4 - just still can't get interested in that game, mostly because I need mods to play it and they patch too often and break them and I'm just not in to all the hassle of that.

But I've been doing all sorts of fun and creative things in my TS3 game! Rflong7 made the Brandi and Skip Broke family for her Legacy Island III world and I saved them to the bin and placed them in an empty world that I've slowly been building up. I had Brandi join the Day Care career and with NRAAS mods the unplayed families will use the daycare instead of calling babysitters. I also have the Wolfs from Sunset Valley in this game and they had three toddlers (which I may or may not have influenced, hehe) and Morganna brought Brandi her two toddler girls when Brandi started up her daycare. Then when Brandi got to Level 2 in the career Morganna also brought her son so she was caring for all three Wolf toddlers. I haven't played that career in a long time and I'm having so much fun! :D

It's not a great picture, but here is Juliana and Elsie Wolf and Beau Broke.

32135909714_900eef6c4d_c.jpg
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    To all the responses to my comment about the babies, I totally agree :lol: I find TS4 babies very limited and more than a little uncanny valley. Mods - however wonderful - can only do so much. They need a framework to hook onto and if that framework isn't even there it's not so easy :disappointed:

@bythedreadwolf Those are very nice baby retextures! I really wish that we had the possiblity of baby genetics such as hair and eye colour showing up, TS2 style. I always loved being able to see the early indicators of how the sim would grow up. Not to mention having the realism of it.

I really, really hope that we will see more improvement of the various lifestages, particularly making teens feel younger and babies less doll-like. I

also still wish that they would talk about upcoming features. How much happier would we have been knowing that toddlers were in the pipeline? I would have bought a lot more content and been less vitriolic about the game to everyone I know, I know that for sure :confused: I have quite a backlog of things I didn't buy, so who knows how much of the content that I skipped will find it's way into my library now...

- Froggie
    1nr15n0.jpg
  • Options
    JessicaSimstonJessicaSimston Posts: 2,519 Member
    I've heard of a few modders who have been experimenting with babies, I'd link to their blog posts but I can't find them now. They were basically saying that new animations were possible but they could only programme animations with the baby lying on it's back in the bassinet, and there's not really much you can do with that.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    TS4 babies have gotta be the ugliest and creepiest of the series for me, and their legs... well, the less said about them the better! I think they look worse because the clothing looks painted on rather than real clothing (which, I'm guessing, is what it is). I mean, look at this thing!
    07-10-15_1120c2a0pm-2.png
    If they could improve the clothing (especially from the waist down) and add some bits of hair, they would be so much better. And, of course, if they didn't all look like the exact same model of doll bought from the same store - that would help a great deal too! #FreeTheBabies
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top