Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is still missing for you?

Comments

• OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Would very much like to see a Sims2 style screenshot management system that puts the photos in bins attached to the households, rather than the current one folder gets the whole business, which is nothing but a mess. Allied with this is that the shots appear in the order in which they were taken. I don't know what the sort system is, but they are all over the show, regardless of whether the photos in the screenshots folder are flagged by date or in succession. The Sims2 (even Sims1) way of doing it makes the current method seem like it was built by amateurs after a week long bender.
  • Sim2BladeSim2Blade Posts: 550 Member
    🐸🐸🐸🐸 has drivable sims 4 cars and flyable space ships ALL FREE to download with NO adfly links or timer downloads!
    http://🐸🐸🐸🐸/sims4_cars.html
    http://🐸🐸🐸🐸/sims4_objects_sets_scifi.html
  • KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member
    - Memories
    - In law's/Step relationships in the relationship panel
    - Open neighborhoods
    - More GTW careers
    - Funerals and more parties in general
  • storyweaveronestoryweaverone Posts: 13 New Member
    In our household we miss vehicle enthusiast, and fixing up a classic car. I don't miss the time it took to get into the car, I'd rather have a loading screen. We miss vacations and the Outdoor Retreat doesn't seem like it fills the gap. While Weather was great, and I would certainly add it back in were it offered, the ability to be on a boat again would way out weigh the weather. I thought that was so neat to be able to drive around on the boat.

The military career would be important to bring back. Though I think what I would like to see is the way careers operate change. I would like some base careers and more branching within them and perhaps cross-over potential. Government (basic job family) - Politics, Legal, Military, Astronaut, Secret Agent (career paths within it). Each career path would then have levels within the job like today. With the right skills you could get the option to change your career path. Overlapping would be the Science (basic job branch) - Medicine, Astronaut, Computers, Inventor, etc. and the Astronaut might be able to change to Military or something else within a new job family. I am in HR and may have some personal bias for wanting job families and career paths. LOL.

What I like is that Supernaturals are an add on pack. If you want them in your game you can have them. I don't want them in my game and I won't buy that pack, but for those that do want that game play, they can have it. I think it would be fun along those lines to have more packs like Vintage Glamour Stuff to do different eras like the 1950's or take us way back to Medieval for those who want their home to truly be their castle.

While I do miss University, I think that it could be brought back differently as an additional school day option. Register for College then each day the Sim goes to class like they do now as teens and children. Then when they are done, based on their grades they can get an advance job within the career path. Maybe they would have to develop writing, logic, and another skill based on their enrollment into classes that directly impact the job family.

Overall, I am completely pleased with the game and while I miss some of what I have mentioned here, the game seems to run a lot smoother and have superior social interactions - especially with the parties.
  • mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    Chip_the_Dancer_02.png

Bunny_the_Dancer_01.png

Chip and Bunny need to come back.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • SamaramonSamaramon Posts: 77 Member
    I miss being able to modify the land (rise or lower it). I loved that option in the Sims 2, making small mountain houses and having many stairs leading to it. I also miss adding water to our lots, aside from the fountain and pools. It made houses feel a bit more natural :)
    sig11.png
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    Chip_the_Dancer_02.png

Bunny_the_Dancer_01.png

Chip and Bunny need to come back.

Oh, god yes.

Bachelor parties in TS3 were fun and all, but the cake dancers just had so much more character.
    And I loved how there was a chance of a Tragic Clown (or Sim in a gorilla suit, or that skinny boxer guy) as well.

The Tragic Clown part is doable, anyway, since it's part of the base game, and we've got plenty of Sims in animal suits already, so I could totally see Maxis including some more.

Bring on the cake dancers!
    wJbomAo.png
  • RedQueenEffectRedQueenEffect Posts: 3 New Member
    TS3 World Adventures was my favourite expansion pack of any Sims ever, and TS4 Outdoor Retreat does not even come close to satisfying my desire for travel and adventures.
  • SoapBubbleSoapBubble Posts: 7 New Member
    I would love to see more hobbies, I absolutely loved Sims 2 Freetime. I would love to see things like knitting, sewing, canning, making floral arrangements, candle making, ballet, ice skating, pottery, etc... especially when these hobbies create objects that your sim can sell and potentially make a living from. It can be really fun having a sim make a living in an alternative way from the traditional rabbit hole careers. Speaking of, I definitely think many more careers are still needed. I would love to see the return of dance, architect, slacker, and education careers.

And lastly, I would love to see the addition of things that make the game more life-life. Funerals, prom, post offices (and the ability to send cards/gifts), farmer's markets, family reunions, community events, etc. It's the little details that make the game more special, in my opinion :smile:
  • Valkyrie040Valkyrie040 Posts: 42 Member
    I think a Mrs. Crumplebottom counterpart would be interesting. A grumpy, old, reclusive man living at the far-end of the neighborhood; someone who's the stuff of urban legends. When kids go anywhere near his lawn, he comes out to angrily shoo them away. Anyone who encounters him should have an annoyed moodlet or make the kids crack up when they're out of earshot. He could be the Scrooge during Christmas and also when kids are trick or treating. Heck, he could be Scrooge all year round! :smile: I miss NPCs, I guess. I even miss the NPC thief, which is kind of like the vampires now, which I think is awesome. Made me feel nostalgic just watching Vlad waltz into my Sim's room for a bite. Wish they'd bring the old, classic NPCs back. Are they not a thing now? :wink:

I agree to having more careers for each GP and EP that comes out. A vampire slayer job (just like Van Helsing) or trait should've been included with Vampires. We also shoud've gotten more new recipes for food and drinks that are vampire-related so that we can open an exclusive vampire restaurant or bar. It would be great to see new recipes as we get more packs. I'd like to see some more diverse cuisine like Italian, French, Greek, Thai, Mediterranean, Chinese, Korean, etc. Wish they'd bring back the brick oven or even allow Sims to create pizza recipes that can be made via the regular stove but has more specific ingredients. ^-^
  • LindaD2015LindaD2015 Posts: 141 Member
    I would like to see longer hair styles for the men and a storage device for the herbs collected so my sims don't have to carry all the herbs around.
  • ymccauleyymccauley Posts: 1 New Member
    I really wish that EA will come out with children strollers and drivable cars as their next patches because I cannot drive anything and I would really like to try or have my Sims Drive and I would really like to take my kids out for a walk and if so possible if they can put baby carriers so that babies can be carried on from the hospital and I would really like to be able two or more then one home.
  • brinadaniellebrinadanielle Posts: 96 Member
    Today...one of my sims died of electrocution. I loved this sim. She died young and I had big plans for her. she died at the karoke bar and back on her home lot...no one missed her. no one knew that she was gone. This was highly disturbing. I think the sims household and loved ones should know that the sim passed. Also, I miss being able to have a funeral or memorial service for the dead sim. There should be an official event for this.
    Perhaps we could have an ep that allows funeral and other life events...I miss generations though...
  • jineratorjinerator Posts: 377 Member
    I have a long list of things I would like to see come back. I would have to say my top three things would be weather/seasons, nectar making, and I really would love to see a more in depth version of the expansion pack Into the Future. I was starting to really like the robots thing, and having the different versions of the future.

An honorable mention would be the houseboats with the mermaids. Neat stuff.
    jinerator wrote: »
    I have a long list of things I would like to see come back. I would have to say my top three things would be weather/seasons, nectar making, and I really would love to see a more in depth version of the expansion pack Into the Future. I was starting to really like the robots thing, and having the different versions of the future.

An honorable mention would be the houseboats with the mermaids. Neat stuff.

Yes ! I loved the nectar making in world adventures and the seasons pack and the way the seasons pack worked with the generations ep. The ability to have resorts/hotels in island paradise/house boats where some of my favorite sims3 features. Being able to deep sea dive as a hobby...not that it would be difficult, but I wonder how some of this would work out with the new mechanics of tS4. and Yeesss to future

kwanzaabot wrote: »

Oh, god yes.

Bachelor parties in TS3 were fun and all, but the cake dancers just had so much more character.
    And I loved how there was a chance of a Tragic Clown (or Sim in a gorilla suit, or that skinny boxer guy) as well.

The Tragic Clown part is doable, anyway, since it's part of the base game, and we've got plenty of Sims in animal suits already, so I could totally see Maxis including some more.

Bring on the cake dancers!

I get that they may not be able to simulate everything in reality "life" , but there are so many things missing...just adding some of the basics would make a world of difference, like adding a few events like bachelor/bachelorette parties, baby showers, prom, and I know there's a mod for it but me and mods haven't been getting along.
  • SamaramonSamaramon Posts: 77 Member
    LindaD2015 wrote: »
    I would like to see longer hair styles for the men and a storage device for the herbs collected so my sims don't have to carry all the herbs around.

Yes please! For the females too! There's no option for just straight, long hair (as far as I can tell from my game and stuff packs).
    As someone with waist-long super-straight hair I just can't replicate myself in-game. So...my sim wears a hat :3

Also sometimes when I get extra frustrated I wish for auto-roof again.
    sig11.png
    Samaramon wrote: »
    LindaD2015 wrote: »

Yes please! For the females too! There's no option for just straight, long hair (as far as I can tell from my game and stuff packs).
    As someone with waist-long super-straight hair I just can't replicate myself in-game. So...my sim wears a hat :3

Also sometimes when I get extra frustrated I wish for auto-roof again.

Same here ! The roofing has always been a bit complicated for me...if you look at my gallery items, you can tell my roofing and just exterior in general on builds look kinda weird. I'm just starting to get it after playing the sims for years, if you want look at the last item I uploaded to the gallery named the hidden lair...this is one of my better roof builds...automatic roofing could do that in a simpler manner I think. I'm new so I cannot post links or pics.
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited February 2017
    Some of these are past basegame, but it is hard to reign it in sometimes. :p

CAS things:
    boyfriend/girlfriend/fiancée added to CAS relationship menu <3
    long hair both straight and curly <3
    piercings
    likes(food, music, color) and turn ons(black, blond, skinny, elder, artistic ect.) <3

Wish List: <3
    bunkbeds <3
    hammocks
    spring riders/playground equipment
    cars-antique
    dolls <3 -porcelain collectable, rag, baby
    playmat <3 , mobility, outfits, playpen, swing, carry sack, changing table, rattle, passies <3 for infants
    bouncy seat, blow kiss, fav blanky,
    plank box coffin
    blank neighborhood to put lots on such as bowling alley, spa, massage parlor, and other we will get

Lots:
    grocery store <3
    pet store

careers:
    housebuilder <3
    interior designer
    stylist
    farmer <3
    nanny- our sims can do the job
    jobs that have no list of things to do: factory, food preparer, ect.

traits:
    faithful <3
    irresistible <3
    romantic/likely to woohoo lot trait

EPs:
    Farming <3
    Seasons <3
    World adventures hoods <3

Later after the above:
    Island paradise type of world
    University

What favorites do you have or would like to see?
    davina1221 wrote: »
    Some of these are past basegame, but it is hard to reign it in sometimes. :p

CAS things:
    boyfriend/girlfriend/fiancée added to CAS relationship menu <3
    long hair both straight and curly <3
    piercings
    likes(food, music, color) and turn ons(black, blond, skinny, elder, artistic ect.) <3

Wish List: <3
    bunkbeds <3
    hammocks
    spring riders/playground equipment
    cars-antique
    dolls <3 -porcelain collectable, rag, baby
    playmat <3 , mobility, outfits, playpen, swing, carry sack, changing table, rattle, passies <3 for infants
    bouncy seat, blow kiss, fav blanky,
    plank box coffin
    blank neighborhood to put lots on such as bowling alley, spa, massage parlor, and other we will get

Lots:
    grocery store <3
    pet store

careers:
    housebuilder <3
    interior designer
    stylist
    farmer <3
    nanny- our sims can do the job
    jobs that have no list of things to do: factory, food preparer, ect.

traits:
    faithful <3
    irresistible <3
    romantic/likely to woohoo lot trait

EPs:
    Farming <3
    Seasons <3
    World adventures hoods <3

Later after the above:
    Island paradise type of world
    University

What favorites do you have or would like to see?

I like where you're going and I can dig it.

I think we need more for young adulthood/elder...we need a generations/ambitions ep.
    I'm looking for life events, like bachelor/bachelorette parties, FAMILY REUNIONS, prom, graduation, baby showers, funerals and/or memorial services maybe an events EP...then I'm missing the family stuff from the generations packs, maybe something we could use in our community made legacy challenges, a physical school would be cool for children/teens if they add a university pack.

I know they cannot simulate everything in life but more actual life events would be cool...

Also RANDOM life events...like random unexpected job offers, your sim decides on their own they no longer want to be a scientist but a musician and there could be consequences positive/negative for going with or against your sims whims. Sims coming into and losing simoleons...random life stuff...kinda like my sim just randomly being electrocuted to death in public yesterday :neutral: . I do miss universities and the hotel/resort chain you could have in island paradise.

Being able to own more than one home, or to have a roommate...a npc live on your lot.

I really would like more family interactions so my sims could get to know all of their cousins...aunts...uncles...and I also had a glitch where half siblings were being romantic and flirting autonomously...weird
    I know my ideas are random and sporadic...pardon me lol
  • chocolate343chocolate343 Posts: 2 New Member
    As weird as this is I actually miss getting robbed. It made the game more interesting and give it an element of unknown.
  • S1MSLYS1S__QARDS1MSLYS1S__QARD Posts: 206 Member

1. more relationships in CAS (twins, aunts, uncle,nephews, triplets, fiancee, boyfriends,grandma, granddad) sometimes you only get these options if they are connected to the child parent or sibling you should just be able to choose them so you don't have to go through the hassle because sometimes I lose the grandparent relationship because the parent isn't there.
    2. SEASONS! <3<3 they should definitely be added to base game. them you sims you each have they own season they are born on and age to that season, it would be so cool to see the changing season and we have more of a purpose the Halloween and Christmas stuff. Be able to choose if you just want changing season or to stay or to choose just one for a time then change to another. WE should get every season not divided into different packs that take away the fun and is a rip off, I wouldn't be >:) pleased if they did that.
    3. Transportation. <3 family van, the sport car, buses, bikes, train station, cabs , lorry driver, motorbike etc. then depending on what transportation you use depends on how fast you get there if you get there early, on time or late (add to base game)
    4. PETS <3
    5. Bunk beds and hanging, crib,seats and swings Bags/Backpacks we can use them as a inventory to store thing we want to travel with.( plus gender choices for clubs)
    6. teen pregnancy cheat. it make your game play more interesting and it does happen that why it should be a optional cheat. that only allows teen to get pregnant with other teens. Its a cheat because only if you go looking for you get it, sometimes you like to play more real life scenarios on problem situation in fact they can make been pregnant teen harder.
    7. JOINING DAYCARE <3 , PRESCHOOLS <3 , SCHOOL <3 , UNIVERSITY <3 etc aka Get TO STUDY (though the ditched that 'get' idea)
    8. Travel to the hospital, police station, science lab at anytime without having to been in that career. it should be in the travel section so you can visit family friends at workplace or just go there, its a pointless restriction.
    9. Beach/ hotels resort pack <3 (maybe a game pack so we have another place to go on holiday) and FINALLY be able to be landlords and own more than property if we can own more than one business in get to work then why cant we (should be add to city living) own more than one property and be landlords
    10. Crawling babies <3 we don't get much interaction with babies and their should be a bit more, other than to take care of them. you should be able to move a baby from one crib to another in a different so you can always keep a eye on them and if you 'place baby down' on the floor they can crawl making more realistic when they become toddlers
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    more family medium size apartments with balcony's, that we can place instead of the karaoke or museum lots. so we have apartments we can place on any lot we wish except the apartments that are already there. new crest would be great as an off shoot of the city with apartments.
  • BeAuthrizedBeAuthrized Posts: 1 New Member
    one HUGE with I see missing is your character being able to work in its own business. I personally refunded the Dine Out expansion and get to work exansion because after buying them I realized my character cannot cook, work the cash register, and some other key features. I would love to see them add those back like the Sims 2 had. I play the sims 2 more again just because I can work at my own businesses. Haha.