Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Post-Apocalyptic Murkland: The Starter Challenge

Comments

• BrennachanBrennachan Posts: 2,055 Member
    Wow, so much is happening here! Love it!

@Pebblycat -- that's why I don't have sims start families in Challenge 1 BUT since your sim was abducted, there's not much you could do about it! Please buy a little toilet for the toddler. They can sleep on a chair so you can buy a little chair for them or a little bed -- your choice. Not ideal but we gotta make due. I'm glad they eat the trashfruit and I'm glad that they don't mind being dirty. This is an awesome twist!

@lisabee2 -- I love your story! It makes me so happy!

@SoulGal7 -- thank you for being such an awesome Murklander!

I have uploaded a new build with a household.

For both lots in Acquisition Faction: your sim must have a Level 7 in gardening and a Level 8 in Charisma to visit these two lots. They may become friends with either household if they meet these sims around town but they cannot visit those sims at their homes until the appropriate skills have been met.

Cliff City

https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/A6FAE143F3D311E685BC390F294AFFB1

Cliff Dwellers

https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/B0012DA9F3D311E685D1390F294AFFB1
  • PebblycatPebblycat Posts: 861 Member
    @Brennachan I did end up buying a bed and toilet for Abbie although a few times she may have slept on the floor :#
    I haven't updated my progress again but Abbie has aged up to a child. I haven't sent her to school or do her homework (figured there wouldn't be a school?) but I make her help out by selling items on the table. I gave her the glutton trait and social butterfly aspiration (she's completed it). I hope what I've done so far is ok. Chris still has a long way to earning the 15,000 as well as max the skills required. Most of his trash plants are at magnificent and pristine level :)

My Origin ID: Pebblycat
    Visit Pebblycat's Showcase to see what I've created
    oh no!! Thought i'd have a quick play of my game this afternoon and look what happened...

yJbbk4x.png

What is my game doing to me?!?! All Chris wanted to do was evolve all his plants :o
  • KittenayngelKittenayngel Posts: 15 Member
    @Brennachan I have been trying your challenge, it's fun! I love Dusty Boots, she is a really neat Sim. Just curious, can we use our satisfaction points to purchase traits? I am almost complete part 1, can't wait for part 2!
    @Pebblycat -- another alien abduction??? I can't believe it. You know, I have never had one single sim abducted ever! As for your child going to school. I think if there grades drop to F they can be sent away but I am not sure of this. So I'm gonna say if that is the case, then going to school is fine because we have to work within the perimeters of the game. So let me know what happens with that. I hardly play kids so I can't remember but I wanna say that bad grades equals a social worker coming? I hope I am wrong about that!

@Kittenayngel -- you can use rewards but not the potions. Because I want you to make the deodorizing cream instead of using those potions. But other rewards are fine. Some peeps are storing them and others are using them. Either way is fine but the potions are off limits. Yay, for becoming a Murklander! Have a blast!

Raccoon hip bumps for all!
  • lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    Pebblycat wrote: »
    @lisabee2 you're welcome, let us know when you update it :)

Lol, they sure do. I wasn't even aware it was happening...I had him fishing and he was needing to go to sleep so I clicked for him to walk back to his camp. Not wanting to watch him walk the entire way I waited at camp and was wondering why he wasn't coming back. To be honest this is only the second time I've had a pregnant male Sim so perhaps I should try and keep it ;) I guess it would make the challenge harder, hopefully toddlers love trash fruit :D
    331bb1n.png
    f3Fv3m6.png
    vMJ76sJ.png
    @lisabee2 you're welcome, let us know when you update it :)

Lol, they sure do. I wasn't even aware it was happening...I had him fishing and he was needing to go to sleep so I clicked for him to walk back to his camp. Not wanting to watch him walk the entire way I waited at camp and was wondering why he wasn't coming back. To be honest this is only the second time I've had a pregnant male Sim so perhaps I should try and keep it ;) I guess it would make the challenge harder, hopefully toddlers love trash fruit :D
    331bb1n.png
    f3Fv3m6.png
    vMJ76sJ.png

OH MY GOSH .. his tummy has me rolling .. poor you .. survive with a baby!
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
    It's pretty much a first for me too @SoulGal7, the first time it happened to my Sims I stopped playing the save :#

Here's update :) I've put all the pics under the spoiler as it's pic heavy...
    Finally the day arrived, after a long labour Chris welcomed Abbie into the world
    wlfVpdG.png
    32WqYzA.png
    Chris fell in love with Abbie Straight away and was the best father he could be...
    XqMnIl1.png
    NXIOCDG.png
    dftl0nl.png

After just a short time Abbie aged up into the cutest little toddler...
    ynrPUXh.png
    Abbie's disguise..
    4WMRYzR.png

Chris and Abbie are inseparable :love:
    RWJXFn9.png
    gsKfWxc.png

Abbie doing her own thing..
    ei6wuUq.png
    5QiYIgM.png

and then this happened..
    Q1OFBr1.png

Luckily everyone got out of this situation alive!

Chris was busy with his garden to notice what was going on when this happened...
    vaONndA.png
    rKav1QL.png
    Ap3NmSn.png

I swear my game is really upping the entertainment stakes...

@Brennachan some things I worked out/noticed while playing with a toddler:
    • You can't bathe them without a bath or use deoderising cream. Abbie ended up having no hygiene but it didn't affect her too much, if everything else was good her mood was happy
    • Toddles will happily eat trash fruit
    • Toddlers can't use the bush as a toilet or sleep in the tent

SOOO adorable
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    SoulGal7 wrote: »
    @lisabee2 - I read your story - such a great start. How do you take such great pics? I look forward to reading more adventures...

OH TY for reading and the sweet compliment .. I use tab a lot to get in and really move my angles around .. plus I take tons to pick from <3
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    oh no!! Thought i'd have a quick play of my game this afternoon and look what happened...

yJbbk4x.png

What is my game doing to me?!?! All Chris wanted to do was evolve all his plants :o

OH MY GOSH .. I DIE!! That is horrible (seriously funny .. but horrible too)

[img][/img]laugh_zpsszcciqbf.jpg
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,627 Member
    @Pebblycat - oh my gosh! So funny! I can't believe this happened to you twice! This has never happened to me once! lol You must have some fertile land! lol hahaha!
  • JaylfJaylf Posts: 285 Member
    Brennachan, could you please post the Murkland world map here?
    @Brennachan I just finished "Friend of the World" aspiration, are we able to change aspirations? Or would you rather we wait till part 2?
    Another strange question, are we allowed to become vamps? My sim was asked, I declined because I am not sure of the rules governing that.
    @lisabee2, @Brennachan and @SoulGal7 I can't believe it happened again but I think this time he isn't pregnant, it's bee three days (I think) and no notification has come up.

An update...

Abbie aged up learned how tough it can be to live in Murkland. Abbie has been helping out her dad collecting items to sell on their table...
    9r7MAXz.png

When they aren't collecting or selling, Chris and Abbie spend as much time as they can together. BFFs for life <3
    07Jhx9G.png
    lwNt0OW.png

@brennachan No social worker came to collect Abbie. Now that she's a teen we'll see what happens for high school. Also are we allowed to buy a mirror so we can change their appearance?
  • MistySmudge01MistySmudge01 Posts: 317 Member
    Hi guys, i am usually on the FB Murkland page, i asked Brennachan if we could use Nukecrest (Newcrest) as some of us had added homes and needed to move them for Brenna's amazing builds. I made 3 lots The Shack a restaurant, that i had in Murkland but moved to Nukecrest. Then a park, set in the ruins of a castle. Then last night i made a generic lot, that is filled with things for skill building, you can have your sims camp too. Crafts & Retreat Acres. I made them as a thankyou to Brennachan, and for fellow Murklanders :D:D<3
    Nukecrest Ruins Park

Newcrest once had a beautiful castle, but after the apocalypes most of it was in ruins, it is a miracle so much remains, so the local people of the now Nukecrest and Murland, worked together to make it into a park. The place has a romantic glow now, candles everywhere, as the only thing that uses electric is the DJ booth that a clever Murklander managed to make with bits and bobs :) Whether a romantic date, a party, or family time this place is great for the sims in your life :D Don't forget to bring your guitar! #moo #nocc #murkland #nukecrest #apocalypse #postapocalypse
    Place on the largest lot Pinnacle Point.

https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/ADDA187AF15911E6837C66E3E080B4FA?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=MistySmudge01&max=50&maxis=false

Crafts & Retreat Acres
    This place has arts and crafts, camping, things for kids and adults, fishing, yoga, meditation, library, and much more! Murals painted by my sims Dusty and Rev :D A bit run down but then, it is apocalyptic times in Nukecrest. Placed on Avarice Acres #murkland #nukecrest #postapocalypse #apocalypse #rundown #skills
    Place on Avarice Acres

https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/7613BC47F4D511E68C7DA77867244042?category=all&max=50&maxis=false&searchquery=murkland&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=downloads&time=all

The Shack, is a restaurant i made for Murkland It is post apocalyse, creepy but cosy too, love how it contrasts with Murkland (Oasis Springs! #murklandchallenge #apocalyptic #apocolypse
    I placed it on one of the lots on the opposite side (Fern Park?)
    https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/0B367831E8E811E680117CC7D57F72DD?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=MistySmudge01&max=50&maxis=false
    I had to put one of my cats to sleep yesterday so I've been a bit MIA and I am sorry about that.

I will get a map going @Jaylf

@Pebblycat -- so glad he's not preggo AGAIN! :smiley:

@MistySmudge01 -- great lots for Nukecrest!

@Kittenayngel -- you can pursue the other Outdoor Retreat aspirations but the second challenge will deal with a different aspiration and if you start early, maybe the second challenge will be less fun? I'm gonna say no on changing into a vampire (if you play the challenge strictly) but if you decide to be loosy goosy with the challenge, then please post the results because I'm not sure how a vamp will do camping in a tent and living mostly outdoors...

Thank you all for being such a great part of Murkland!

Big raccoon hugs!
    @brennachan So sorry about your fur baby :( Hope you are ok. Thank you for answering my questions. I am going to wait to change aspirations, I do not want to take away from the challenge. I will also stay away from the vamp side of life, Vlaad may be annoying, he has asked me twice lol.
  • EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    edited February 2017
    @Brennachan
    Re: Children/Teens and school
    Schools have days off available just like careers. With careful planning your child can use the days off and only go to school a few days.
    They can build skills even without special items.
    Fishing builds logic and cloud gazing/star gazing builds creativity.

- @EuphorialQueen - Official Murkland Lurker or would that be MurkLurker?
    edited February 2017
    I have an updated map! Still more to come! Woot! Woot! This is for everyone but I want to tag @Jaylf for requesting it.

16797157_1863560210571087_8424809675429086695_o.jpg?oh=ff3667466ca4a82444ca81d812304fc4&oe=5948F8AA

• tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    I've finished the starter challenge and it was so much fun! Thanks for creating such a wonderfully fun challenge ....

I just have 1 question ... when is the next Murkland challenge coming out??? :smiley:
    @lisabee2, @Brennachan and @SoulGal7
    I can't believe it happened again but I think this time he isn't pregnant, it's bee three days (I think) and no notification has come up.

An update...

Abbie aged up learned how tough it can be to live in Murkland. Abbie has been helping out her dad collecting items to sell on their table...
    9r7MAXz.png

When they aren't collecting or selling, Chris and Abbie spend as much time as they can together. BFFs for life <3
    07Jhx9G.png
    lwNt0OW.png

@brennachan No social worker came to collect Abbie. Now that she's a teen we'll see what happens for high school. Also are we allowed to buy a mirror so we can change their appearance?

You did such a great job @Pebblycat .. that is awesome!
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    Everyone is doing so great in here .. I am still a draggin' wagon BUT for tonight HOT off the presses ... More Murkland <3

BTW I have never played my simself in a situation where romance might be a consideration .. UNTIL now! Talk about AWKWARD .. OH well as my friend says what happens in the sims STAYS in the sims :)

[img][/img]02-17-17_2-20-45nbspAM_zpsrehdbwby.png

https://lisabeesims.wordpress.com/2017/02/24/the-post-apocalyptic-murkland-starter-challenge-2-murky-love/
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
    Whew! Just finished reading all of this thread and the other one with the lots on it. This looks like so much fun! Thanks to @lisabee2 I had to at least look and see what the rules and stuff are. Of course, being the challenge addict that I am, I'm most likely going to start this tonight or tomorrow morning. I've got almost 2 weeks worth of chapters pre-written for my other challenges and was trying to decide if I wanted to restart an old one anyway.

As to the question of children/teens not going to school... nothing happens. In Sims 3 you didn't get to pick traits but in Sims 4 you just get calls from the principle. I'd suggest queing up something for them to do around 8am so that you can easily cancel the "go to school" action out when it pops up. I figured you might want this info for upcoming parts of the challenge as I doubt there will be many other abductions! I recently had several in a row in my drifter save too. So strange.

It will be really weird playing my simself. I plan to give her a post-apocalyptic makeover! How fun. I'd seen the mutant raccoons and other pics on Twitter but didn't realize they were for a challenge until Lisabee started it. Okay, enough chatter from me! Time to go set up everything!
  • StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
    edited February 2017
    Some quick questions that I wasn't sure about!
    Brennachan wrote: »
    For both lots in Acquisition Faction: your sim must have a Level 7 in gardening and a Level 8 in Charisma to visit these two lots. They may become friends with either household if they meet these sims around town but they cannot visit those sims at their homes until the appropriate skills have been met.

Which lots are Acquisition Faction?

Your main task is to grow 16 trash plants from scratch using your own trash to start them.

There is no trash can. Am I to buy one or is there another way?

EDIT: One of the girls from the welcome wagon dropped something on the ground and it became a pile of trash. Can I use this since it technically wasn't from a can?
    EDIT AGAIN: I think I figured it out! When they go to take the plate (as trash) to the bonfire if you cancel it out it drops to the ground as trash! Is this allowed?

They may use the vendor’s table for selling items around town.

Is this a requirement for selling things or can we sell via inventory because I don't see any vendor tables at any lots.

EDIT: Oh duh! I totally didn't know that was a vendor table on her lot.

Post edited by StormyDayz on
    edited February 2017
    *comes running in shouting (sorry for the noise everyone) @Rainydayz179 You're HERE!! <3<3<3<3

[img][/img]dark%20side_zpsewzq8opm.jpg

UHHH I mean Murkland :) We also have a Murky FB group :)
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top