Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Maria's Realty and Contracting (AKA Losaru's Housing Showcase)

LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
edited January 2016 in The Sims 4 Lots
Hello and welcome to my showcase thread. As I am not one that simply builds, I have a lovely lady that helps. This is Maria Stewart, the realtor and essentially my 'boss' as she's the one that manages the 'clients' and finances.

Maria3_zpslw1iksge.png

How my thread works is that Maria 'finds' clients and we try to build what we can for them depending on their budget and preferences. Of course, there are limits. One cannot build a full furnished mansion with just 10k and while you can get a tiny home for 100k, you could also get so much more.

We also have some standards. All builds have a fire alarm and sprinkler system somewhere near the kitchen area. Additional systems are also required in areas with fireplaces. As well, we try not to build with custom content. Content from other packs may be used, but something such as the more carpets CC or special wallpapers will not be used. This is so they are easier to find and download on the gallery.

An example of our first practice work: Bitty Boho

00.jpg
02.jpg

So if you have a sim that is looking for a home and the project seems reasonable, Maria and I will give it a shot.

List of Past Clients
Harlow Vlorn - Cosy Corner Cutter
Twiggy Caesar - Sunny Side-Out

D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
Post edited by LosaruTaiyo on

Comments

• LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    edited January 2016
    Client #001: Harlow Vlorn

00.jpg

Looking for:
    - Two bedrooms and basic facilities
    - A quiet neighbourhood, far from Oasis Springs
    - Some means of music
    - Comfortable beds
    - A teddy bear for daughter Lacey

Budget: $10,000
    Result: Cosy Corner Cutter

00.jpg

02.jpg

Total Cost: $9,960

Extras included:
    - Toy Box
    - Activity Table
    - Some second level appliances
    - Plants

What was omitted:
    - Standard corners

D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,520 Member
    Hello :) It is very nice that you have set up a showcase thread for your builds. Maria Stewart is very nice. It is nice the way you have set up your thread, by describing the clients and posting a picture of them and what they would like for their home, then showing the completed build.
    Cosy Corner Clutter is a very nice home :) The roofing is very nice. The lavender in the front of the home looks homely.Very nice layout of the interior of the home. The pink colour of the bed and flooring in the girls bedroom is pretty. The teddy looks cute in the corner of the room! The girl will have fun doing artwork on the activity table.Nice corner nook sofa seat sitting area in the living room area for sims to enjoy sitting there resting and reading a book from the bookcase.
    The home is very nice :)
    Thank you, @rosemow. Always a pleasure to get a post from an awesome person such as yourself. :)
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I meant to also post that Bitty Boho is very nice! :) The items from the Movie stuff pack look very nice in the home! The bohemian theme of the build looks very great! Very nice sitting area on the front porch, for sims to enjoy resting there watching sims pass by their home. The lights look pretty there. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The patterned floor rug adds a nice look in the bedroom. Very nice living room area for Sims to enjoy relaxing on the sofa watching tv.
    The home is very nice. :)
    edited January 2016
    Client #002: Twiggy Caesar

00.jpg

Looking for:
    - Lots of space
    - Rural
    - House itself doesn't have to be huge, but does need at least two bedrooms.
    - Space for gardening
    - Area for writing with a computer for her brother Carlos
    - At least semi-eco friendly

Budget: $20,000
    Result: Sunny Side-Out

01.jpg

02.jpg

Total Cost: $19,867

Extras Included:
    - Outdoor firepit
    - Cooler
    - Extra outdoor sink
    - Awning area in garden
    - Trees

What was Omitted:
    - Traditional house layout
    - Other traditional electronic entertainment

D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

The layout and design of Sunny Side Out is very nice! :) The different areas of the build looks great! It is nice that there is a separate study building for Carlos to enjoy doing writing on the computer. Very nice outdoors areas! Sims will enjoy sitting on the log seating around the firepit toasting food and chatting. They will enjoy eating meals at the dining table in the outdoors air, Very nice fenced gardening area! The glass roofed gardeming area looks very nice! Sims will enjoy growing and harvesting plants in the planters, gardeming boxes and gardeming patch. Very nice bed and living areas inside the home. The red colour of the single bedroom walls looks nice.
    The home is very nice! :)
    Thanks rosemow
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

edited February 2016
    Client #003: Ava Abaven

jWzJQtG.png

Looking for:
    - Place close to a playground/park
    - Three bedrooms
    - A study.
    - Workshop for crafting.
    - Activity table for Lexie

Budget: $50,000

Result: Sandy Dune Oasis

00.jpg

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

Total Cost: $46,199

Extras Included:
    - Higher end furnishing
    - Pool and fenced area
    - Patio set
    - BBQ
    - Extra Bathroom
    - Extra TV in bedroom
    - A toy and teddy bear for Lexie.
    - Plants
    - Trees
    - Extra furniture in study

What was Omitted:
    - Stereo equipment
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

The slanted roofing on Sandy Dune Oasis looks great! :) Nice roof covered front patio. The plants look nice how they are placed along the front edge of the home. It is nice that there is a basement level for the sims to enjoy doing crafting on the woodwork table. The fenced pool patio is nice. Sims will enjoy swimming in the pool. Very nice layout of the levels of the interior of the home! The blue teddy looks cute in the kids bedroom! Kids will enjoy doing art work on the corner activity table. Very nice study room! Sims will enjoy relaxing on the sofa reading a book or enjoy sitting at the study desk using the computer. It looks nice how the study desk is angled into the corner nook. Sims will enjoy watching tv whilst in bed.
    The home is very nice! :)
    They have mostly just played on the computer...lol. Thank you as always, rosemow.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

Client #004: Mortimer Goth

HbqwwOh.png

Looking for:
    - A library in Newcrest
    - Victorian Style
    - Candles
    - Paintings
    - Statues
    - Lots of flowers on front lawn.

Budget: $150,000
    Result: Tranquil Public Library

00.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

Total Cost: $143,313

Extras Included:
    - Higher end furnishing
    - Higher end computers
    - Magazine racks for decor
    - Kids area with toys

What was Omitted:
    - AV area
    - Gazebo
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

Tranquil Public Library is a very nice library venue for Newcrest! :) The Victorian style of the build looks very nice! Very nice design of the exterior! The wraparound porch is very nice! The spandrels look very pretty how they are used in the build. The roofing and dormers are very nice! The windows look very nice how they are placed in the build. The flowers look pretty in the front areas of the library. Nice outdoors seat bench sitting area on the side patio for sims to enjoy reading outdoors in the sunshine, Very nice layout of the interior levels in the library. The red colour scheme of the interior looks very nice. Very nice sofa seats sitting area for sims to enjoy resting there reading a book and chatting. The bookcases look nice how they are placed in the build. Sims will enjoy using the computers at the library. It is nice that there is a kids play area in the build.
    The library is very nice :)
    Thank you as always, Rose. I almost didn't have the kids section in there, but as a librarian myself, I do know that, if you're working in the public sector, a children's section is pretty much essential. This was probably my biggest build to date, although more will probably be in store.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

Thank you as always, Rose. I almost didn't have the kids section in there, but as a librarian myself, I do know that, if you're working in the public sector, a children's section is pretty much essential. This was probably my biggest build to date, although more will probably be in store.

Hello :) It is very special that you built a library, with you being a librarian as your real life career. You would enjoy having your sims visit libraries in the game.
  • sarahj0781sarahj0781 Posts: 38 Member
    This is a great way to think about builds. I might try something similar as building seems to be my favourite part of simming at the moment ☺
    sarahj0781 wrote: »
    This is a great way to think about builds. I might try something similar as building seems to be my favourite part of simming at the moment ☺

Go for it. Hope you have fun.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

• MarleyTheWizardMarleyTheWizard Posts: 962 Member
    Love your concept @LosaruTaiyo!
    My (World Legacy) Clara Bjergsen might give you a call for some interior renovation in the future.
    Money is a little tight right now after she bought The Brickery
    I Sometimes Tweet About The Sims 4
    Gallery ID: MarleyTheWizard
    Oh! Thank you @Marley V Haven't really done much with this one in a while for a few months since I played Maria's save file but definitely hit me up by all means if you want something. :)
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

• Monet_MonroeMonet_Monroe Posts: 63 Member
    I <3 this great idea. keep up the work
    Everything is Awesome
    Everything is cool when ur part of a time B)
    Everything is Awesome

Origin ID: Monet_Monroe85
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    @LosaruTaiyo are you doing commissions?? My spencer lewis Kim family would like to move into the city, in 1010 Alto apartments. If so let me know and I'll give you their wishes.
    I haven't actually actually done much in building requests in a while. Maybe give me the weekend and see what I'm up to? AKA Tomorrow after work. @feetinstockings
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184