Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♦ The Gifting Directory ♦ Happy 11th Anniversary!

Comments

• AstreiaAstreia Posts: 262 Member
    edited February 2017
  • Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,696 Member
    @Nomiko13 the family thing I can answer. If it is family you just all share the same Origin account when you want to share a game. I don't know how many, but I know the account does allow multiple installs, as long as they are all under "your" account. That's how my account name ended up as "JoeJude16." My ex-husband and I shared the account. We weren't going to buy two copies of everything. This was back before Origin though, so it was really about basic registration. Back then we would have to run the "no disc crack" because we couldn't both have the latest release in our computers at the same time.

It was quite the site to see. Our computers were at either side of the couch with our monitors on couch tables. We'd be Simming next to each other as we watched TV. Total ADDers. But most of the time I'd be playing a family and he'd be building a grand mansion. He was way more into the building aspect than the playing.

Speaking of building: I've just built a cute Small Park to place next door to my current Sim so that his cat has somewhere to go socialize while he's at work. The house is outside of town, so there are no neighbors nearby and I thought this would be more fun than just plopping a family in.

I put in tons of stuff to do. A playground for kids, horseshoes and chess for adults, a firepit for after dark, an all in one outhouse for necessities and a bottomless pet food bowl because one of the first things I do when I play a new town is go around in Edit Town mode and place food bowls in all the public lots so that the animals don't starve when away from home. Especially since the time that the game generated a persistent stray dog at the Greenhouse that I couldn't manage to adopt. He was always hungry. I'd give him treats, but that only goes so far. It broke my heart until it occurred to me to edit the lot to give him a food bowl, some toys and a dog house. After that it was a cool part of the story for the greenhouse to have it's own resident dog.

I'd love to share the lot, but due to my being unable to sign on in-game I can't load it to the Exchange. I'll have to look into The Sims Resource or one of the other sites. I'm pretty pleased with it.

Oh, it it was so cool to play the game for two hours, including this complex build, with no problems! No glitches, crashes, twitches. It was wonderful!
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
  • LillaGrisenLillaGrisen Posts: 510 Member
    Nomiko13 wrote: »
    Jude525 wrote: »
    Ok, my question is: are used codes valid? I always assumed that once they were registered to someone's Origin account that they couldn't be transferred.

I can't say for sure, but I think that used codes are valid for both TS and TS2 games. Maybe someone who knows for sure (@Nomiko13?) could tell you for certain what the case is, but from what I remember when I was younger and had lots of friends that played TS2 we used to lend each other EPs just to install them and it worked simmingly! :smile: (Sorry, I saw the opportunity for a great pun and seized it :sweat_smile:)

@Jude525 and @LillaGrisen I don't think it matters for TS2 since the advisors register the Ultimate Collection onto your account. As for TS3, you cannot register used codes onto Origin, however, you can still download the pack onto your PC manually and it'll create a shortcut and download onto your launcher. I did this with Fast Lane, Late Night, and World Adventures because my mom had copies of 'em and I downloaded them onto my laptop. I got annoyed that I kept having to manually download them because I kept having bad luck with laptops, so I bought new codes for cheap on eBay.

As for The Sims, other simmers told me you can reuse codes for The Sims 1.

Lastly, for TS4, nah. You can't use used codes :neutral: You have to buy it new. For all packs. Even if it's a physical copy. I have Get to Work and the base game physically, and downloaded them for my mother onto her PC, however, since TS4 requires the usage of Origin, she had to login to my account every time she wanted to play and once she logged in onto her laptop, Origin logged me out of my account on my laptop.

I think they may do this piracy reasons... I dunno, but I think it's a load of craptastic crappery because what if your household all play sims? Then, what? You can't download your PHYSICAL copy onto their laptops? You have to come out of pocket hundreds of dollars. :expressionless:

I wasn't talking about TS2:UC, I was talking about physical copies of TS2. :confused:

I didn't know that TS4 required Origin to run, though maybe it's not that surprising considering what patch 1.69 did to TS3.
    I honestly don't think that this kind of behaviour (forcing a player to use Origin to play a game) is going to discourage piracy; in fact, I think more and more people will feel inclined to pirate TS games if they're going to have to buy multiple copies for the rest of their household (because there is bound to be a hack out there that allows you to bypass Origin when playing TS4 even with a pirated copy of the game). Pride may come before the fall, but I'm pretty sure that greed does as well.

I can't say that I know how this "multiple installs with one account" works that @Jude525 mentioned, but if you try it I hope it works out for you. :smile:
    Don't worry about it ;)
    Speaking of building: I've just built a cute Small Park to place next door to my current Sim so that his cat has somewhere to go socialize while he's at work. The house is outside of town, so there are no neighbors nearby and I thought this would be more fun than just plopping a family in.

I put in tons of stuff to do. A playground for kids, horseshoes and chess for adults, a firepit for after dark, an all in one outhouse for necessities and a bottomless pet food bowl because one of the first things I do when I play a new town is go around in Edit Town mode and place food bowls in all the public lots so that the animals don't starve when away from home. Especially since the time that the game generated a persistent stray dog at the Greenhouse that I couldn't manage to adopt. He was always hungry. I'd give him treats, but that only goes so far. It broke my heart until it occurred to me to edit the lot to give him a food bowl, some toys and a dog house. After that it was a cool part of the story for the greenhouse to have it's own resident dog.

I'd love to share the lot, but due to my being unable to sign on in-game I can't load it to the Exchange. I'll have to look into The Sims Resource or one of the other sites. I'm pretty pleased with it.

Oh, it it was so cool to play the game for two hours, including this complex build, with no problems! No glitches, crashes, twitches. It was wonderful!

That park sounds really nice! If you could post screenshots I'd love to see it!

I rarely build myself, but when I do I usually think it's really fun and relaxing. In my current game I have seven grown sims (with tiny simmies on the way) in my household, so I've been trying to build budget houses for some of them to move into. I really like planning the space and it's so satisfying when it all just works :blush:
    Don't worry about it ;)
  • neenahhhneenahhh Posts: 130 Member
    A very heartfelt thank you to @TrevorJ <3
    Hi, I'm Nina! | WishlistTop 5 | Currently on a mission | Daily DealsCascades
    o02kvr.png
    "You've turned out to be the first doctor ever actually to make a difference to my life."
  • Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    edited February 2017

I wasn't talking about TS2:UC, I was talking about physical copies of TS2. :confused:

I didn't know that TS4 required Origin to run, though maybe it's not that surprising considering what patch 1.69 did to TS3.
    I honestly don't think that this kind of behaviour (forcing a player to use Origin to play a game) is going to discourage piracy; in fact, I think more and more people will feel inclined to pirate TS games if they're going to have to buy multiple copies for the rest of their household (because there is bound to be a hack out there that allows you to bypass Origin when playing TS4 even with a pirated copy of the game). Pride may come before the fall, but I'm pretty sure that greed does as well.

I can't say that I know how this "multiple installs with one account" works that @Jude525 mentioned, but if you try it I hope it works out for you. :smile:

OOH that I don't know. I'm sorry. And I completely agree. Haha, I'd never trust a pirated version of any game though, because I know someone who did that with TS3 and their game eventually crashed and stopped working completely :lol:

As for my issue, I just bought my mom the base game during the anniversary, however, I'm infuriated I stumbled across a freakin' bundle pack with the base game, Dine Out game pack, and a stuff pack for 30 bucks (which is CHEAP). I spent 18 bucks on the base game alone on Origin for my mother, so to find out that I could've saved my hard-earned cash and spent less to get more is angering. :angry::triumph: And to think I thought I had a great deal with me having a promo discount code on top of Origin having that anniversary sale for TS4 titles.

*inhales*

Lol well, at least she has her game and she doesn't have to use my Origin account, nevertheless, she still hasn't touched it yet. Haha as I think about it, she completely ditched TS3 once she went onto TSR for CC for her Sims 3 and saw the CC for TS4. :joy: She was like, "You didn't tell me that their CC looked this good for The Sims 4! I need the Sims 4!" :sob: I just hope she enjoys it and if she does, I'll snag her a bundle pack some time.

This was the bundle here
    gift-bundle-cover.png
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
    Nomiko13 wrote: »

OOH that I don't know. I'm sorry. And I completely agree. Haha, I'd never trust a pirated version of any game though, because I know someone who did that with TS3 and their game eventually crashed and stopped working completely :lol:

As for my issue, I just bought my mom the base game during the anniversary, however, I'm infuriated I stumbled across a freakin' bundle pack with the base game, Dine Out game pack, and a stuff pack for 30 bucks (which is CHEAP). I spent 18 bucks on the base game alone on Origin for my mother, so to find out that I could've saved my hard-earned cash and spent less to get more is angering. :angry::triumph: And to think I thought I had a great deal with me having a promo discount code on top of Origin having that anniversary sale for TS4 titles.

*inhales*

Lol well, at least she has her game and she doesn't have to use my Origin account, nevertheless, she still hasn't touched it yet. Haha as I think about it, she completely ditched TS3 once she went onto TSR for CC for her Sims 3 and saw the CC for TS4. :joy: She was like, "You didn't tell me that their CC looked this good for The Sims 4! I need the Sims 4!" :sob: I just hope she enjoys it and if she does, I'll snag her a bundle pack some time.

This was the bundle here
    gift-bundle-cover.png
    On the topic of pirated games, besides the risk of downloading malfunctioning software I would imagine that updating a pirated game would be tiresome as well (because I assume you would have to do it manually).

I'm sorry to hear that you feel like you overpayed. I hate when you really want something and get it, only to realise you could've gotten it cheaper. I hope your mom enjoys TS4, though, even if it's just the base game. Make sure she doesn't go crazy on the CC; As someone who has downloaded my fair share of CC for TS3, I find that eventually you just sit there with a bunch of pretty CC you never use, trying to figure out which you should get rid of :lol:
    Don't worry about it ;)
    @LillaGrisen Haha, I just snagged her this cheap bundle from CD Keys (I found out from SimsVIP here). I gambled my chances of possibly being scammed according to mixed reviews I stumbled across, but they required a phone verification and then immediately sent me the code. It took a good 5 minutes.

Haha, as I looked over the reviews of scammed buyers, I realized that they were talking about CJS CDKeys, which is a completely different site from CD Keys. :lol: Though, I don't think I'm gambling my chances with 3rd party sites anymore after my experience with G2A, who nickeled and dimed me out 2 bucks over a Sims 3 stuff pack. The site claimed to have canceled my order but then when I checked my account balance, they took the money out of my account. I sent in for a refund and never got it back, so I angrily deleted my account in fury and have been dragging their name through the dirt over my wasted 2 bucks.
    ▼add/follow▼

mario_10.jpg
  • taratownietaratownie Posts: 167 Member
    Thank you @bluegayle_ for the gift <3
    I have everything I want from the Sims 3 Store. Thanks again for everyone who helped <3
  • GREENEYAGREENEYA Posts: 7,796 Member
    From my TOP 5!

@mw1525 thanks for the Wash Up Sink and Walking Through Cornfields !!! <3

I have updated my Top 5 list HERE :D
  • simsfanatic9simsfanatic9 Posts: 223 Member
    Link to my wishlist in my signature. I am down to only one set that is CYS eligible. Thank you all for the gifts. Soon, I will be adding individual items to my wishlist once I own Collectionne Stäncké.

1. Collectionne Stäncké (pieces of set in wishlist)
    2. The Boardwalk
    3. The Last Venue of Amore
    4. Tiny Prodigies Early Learning Center
    5. Gothique Library

My top 5 has been updated. I am sorry I missed updating it when I was able to buy Victorian Fashions. I just bought Fifth Avenue Fashions today. Only one more CYS set left and then all big sets and worlds. Thank you all so much for your help!
  • AstreiaAstreia Posts: 262 Member
    Hi! I've updated my wishlist. It contains 4 items that I need for the "Everyday Kids Collection" and one other for me to be able to purchase "Mid-Century Modern Dining and Style Set".
    Updated Top 5 here!

Thanks to @LillaGrisen for gifting me and thanks to @gnlovew for offering their consolation prize to me (from my giveaway... haha what a twist xD). But, thanks, y'all!
    ▼add/follow▼

mario_10.jpg
    @Nomiko13 You're very welcome :wink:
    Don't worry about it ;)
    Thanks @TrevorJ for your gift! <3

Top 5 updated
    I have everything I want from the Sims 3 Store. Thanks again for everyone who helped <3
    edited February 2017
    Thank you so much, @TrevorJ, for the gifts! I can confirm that I got them this time! Yay! :mrgreen:

Updated my top 5!
    Don't worry about it ;)
    Thank you @TrevorJ again for your gifts! <3 Much appreciated!
  • JahnnaJahnna Posts: 406 Member
    edited February 2017
    You're all so lucky I'm still not getting any ads really. Q_Q Still stuck with 3 simpoints. Real life has been a bit hectic too but I am most excited as my computer is about to receive a massive upgrade.

Replacing my old Intel i5-2320 with an Intel i7-4790K (coming with a new Gigabyte Z97X Motherboard too) ♥ And my old ancient terrible Radeon HD 8350 1GB is saying goodbye to welcome the most loved MSI Geforce GTX 970 Gaming Edition 4GB graphics card. And soon enough the 8GB RAM will be replaced with 16GB.
    Now, after years and years of struggling I might finally be able to play Sims 3 with all my expansions and store content on the highest settings without any lag or massive graphical problems! I'm so excited about it! Recently I haven't been playing at all because my computer just couldn't handle it anymore. But also because I realised I just don't enjoy Sims 3 as much when the graphics are not right. It just doesn't look or feel right. But it wasn't only Sims 3 I couldn't play anymore. My hardware couldn't even reach the minimum system requirements for some new titles which is very frustrating when you are a vivid gamer. These days I only really managed to play small indie games, hidden object games and the only bigger game I could play was my most loved "Dead by Daylight" but even that recently got an upgrade to Unreal Engine 4 making it almost unplayable for me. -___-

I hope everybody here is fine. :) I haven't been reading in the forums for quite a while and I see a lot new usernames. :D I would love to send you all nice welcome gifts but as I mentioned above my ad-drop rate is still almost nil. Does anybody have any updates on the still not working MMAO page?

PS: After 4 months I've finally given my Top 5 List post a little update. :)
    Post edited by Jahnna on
    I own the store since March 4th, 2017! Thanks to everybody who has helped me achieve this!
    TheSims3.com: Jahnna
  • xJullexJulle Posts: 272 Member
    edited February 2017
    I just need to complain a little little bit. I'm not getting any ads, and now the broadwalk will appear on daily deal and all I have is 200SP :'(

EDIT: and it is down by 49% :o
  • CunninghamCunningham Posts: 1,310 Member

Updated My Top Five:
    Link To Wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=Robertjameess
    Link To top-five: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/14528289/#Comment_14528289
    Removed: Hidden Springs
    Replaced With: Sunlit Tides
    Extra Information: Removed the world 'Hidden Springs', due to buying on my own with the simpoints given by Electronic Arts.
    'I'm Just Another Plum Faced Irishman, Am I Not?'
    "Dr Moose's daycare challenge "
    The Sims 3 - Wishlist/Top5
    oGh7KNi.gif
  • CandySims14CandySims14 Posts: 475 Member
    I also wanted to let @CandySims14 know, that your gift of Princess Tiara is not working either. D: I hope you did not get charged Sim points for that. I guess gifting me just doesn't work anymore :P That's alright, I am very rarely on anyway.

@Loveandhate - for some reason I can't gift people anymore, it just bombs out ... I assumed you wouldn't even know I tried, lol. Sorry about that!
  • Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,696 Member
    @BenjaminBankss where did you get that hair and beard?
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
    @BenjaminBankss where did you get that hair and beard?

By the looks of it, it appears they have a Sims 4 sim as their profile picture. It's just the back of the head lol
    ▼add/follow▼

mario_10.jpg