Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you refer to your sims?

2...Next

Comments

• the_greenplumbobthe_greenplumbob Posts: 6,105 Member
    I generally call them by their names: Ellen, Trinity, Liam, Evangeline etc. (these are actually the four main sims in my current game :lol: )

However, I often say "I" when taking about them: then I went to the gym, I think I need to tend to the garden now... (Does anyone else do this??)
  • JestinaJestina Posts: 1,609 Member
    Usually as lazy and slow about everything.
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    My simmies
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,513 Member
    I never referred to myself as a Sim. For instance, if I were telling about what happened in my game, I wouldn't say, "My husband did thus and so." Rather, I would say, My Sims' husband did thus and so. This is a simulation, not a 'role' playing game. I am NOT my Sim.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited February 2017
    Well when I'm playing with my simself, Mason King.
    I usually use the First Person point of view. I don't Say "Let's have Mason do x,y,z."
    when I play I say "I want to do this, or I'm going to go over there. I'm going to bed."

My Mother Juliava is "Mom/Mother" Only When I'm playing as my Simself, or Sim Sister Desireé
    When I'm playing as Her Parents She is Juliava.
    when I'm playing as her Husband. Julia
    When I rotate households and play as her friends/coworkers, She is Julie.

Same with my Sim Father Trent, when I'm Playing as his kids He is Father/Dad/Daddy/Daddy-o
    As His parents: he is Trent, Son, or his father's favorite "Disappointment/Regret"
    As his Wife: Babe, or Trey
    friends he is: Trent or Trey.

Grandma Viv. Papa Merlin or Master (In Fantasy, Once my family becomes Sorcerers again)

My Best Friend, Tyler: I usually Call Him Ty, Bro or Bubba. only call Him "Tyler" if I'm angry at him.
    My Girlfriend Ariana: Aria, Ari, and some other Terms that I can't really say her as Her Boyfriend, .

There's a royal Family, I have Cora "The Queen" "The Red Queen" "The Queen of Hearts"
    King Henry "Your Majesty"

Ursula Hudson who is the Manager of the Hottest Restaurant in my game, She is also known as "Big Mama" She's inspired by Queen Latifah and Jennifer Hudson.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    edited February 2017
    I feel like an author who writes in third person when playing, so I always call my sims by their names and pronouns, and sometimes other names (that are censored here) when they don't do what I want them to. I have a few absolute favorites, but don't feel personally linked to any of them to the point I call them "my boo" or whatever. :D
  • JodainJodain Posts: 95 Member
    I usually only talk about my Sims with my girlfriend, and she knows them about as well as I do, so I refer to them by name. Otherwise, I just refer to them as 'my Sims.'
  • Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    I have one Sim that is my special Sim. He and his wife are "My Sims" and I know all about them. Most of the Sims that I play when I want to add new Sims or do something different... Half the time I don't even know thair names without looking.