Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I want more challanges

Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
edited February 2017 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
I know it's not a very popular feature around here, but I actually did enjoy the egg hunt, growfruit and día del muerto challange, even the trick and treat one. I don't care much for the boosts, but I do enjoy the other type of challenges.

I really don't think developers are wasting resources on this instead of new content in patches. The whole point of the monthly patches was to make up for the missing base game features, right now all I can think that is missing from basic content are:

Cops
Burglars
Firemen
Carpool
School bus
Newspaper

I think it's about time to get all of those features and many many bug fixes , but I really don't think challanges really affect that. We can't expect pets, weather and preteens to be patched in, that will never happen.

I mean it's about time to face that this game is becoming more and more online with time. We already have the gallery.
21mbz47.jpg

Comments

• stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I don't reallly see carpools/school buses returning -- probably not newspapers either but I'd love to see a Community News feature on the tablet and computer. If we ever got any sort of story progression I could see that as an option.

I think it's more likely that we get NPCs like firefighters back. Cops/burglars? Not sure -- police would come in handy for wandering toddlers, and if we ever had a return of curfews (whether standard or player-controlled) police would be a necessity for wandering teens as well.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    I don't reallly see carpools/school buses returning -- probably not newspapers either but I'd love to see a Community News feature on the tablet and computer. If we ever got any sort of story progression I could see that as an option.

I think it's more likely that we get NPCs like firefighters back. Cops/burglars? Not sure -- police would come in handy for wandering toddlers, and if we ever had a return of curfews (whether standard or player-controlled) police would be a necessity for wandering teens as well.

Why wouldn't carpooling, school buses and newspaper returning.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • AndiratymeAndiratyme Posts: 728 Member
    There's no open world or need for cars so it wouldn't make sense for them to use resources for such a thing when it's just visual. Unfortunately the newspaper is a dying breed in the real world so again I think they'd be wasting resources that could go towards other more important things.
    edited February 2017
    Andiratyme wrote: »
    There's no open world or need for cars so it wouldn't make sense for them to use resources for such a thing when it's just visual. Unfortunately the newspaper is a dying breed in the real world so again I think they'd be wasting resources that could go towards other more important things.

It doesn't matter if we have no open world. TS and TS2 had it. It's just for immersion. I mean visuals are important, if not why have clutter? It's not like SPs add much things and clutter is completely useless.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    If they do bring carpools and buses back, I would just want them to be quieter. If some guy honked for an hour in front of my neighbor's house, I'd beat him senseless with his own steering wheel.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

If they do bring carpools and buses back, I would just want them to be quieter. If some guy honked for an hour in front of my neighbor's house, I'd beat him senseless with his own steering wheel.

Can't be more annoying than your apartment neighbor knocking on your door for every little thing lol
    21mbz47.jpg
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I agree. I like the challenges, it has sparked some new ideas for storytelling and game play for me at times... when I chose to engage with them. It's helping right now... with both platonic and romantic relationships in a Sims 2 themed world I just populated. Sometimes I only go so far with the challenges ...either way I usually engage on some level. If I miss the challenges completely by accident or even if I'm not just feeling it at the time that's when it can irritate or sadden me... but that's my issue.
    When it comes to weather I still have some hope that when some EP featuring it does come there will be some patch that aligns with it some... hopefully a basic weather patch without all the fun seasonal stuff associated with it that you would only get if you bought the EP. To me things like that create more excitement and the urge to engage (by buying stuff).
    I do agree though with facing the fact that it's becoming a more online game... with the option to play offline. Sign of the times for better or worse.
    egTcBMc.png
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    I agree. I like the challenges, it has sparked some new ideas for storytelling and game play for me at times... when I chose to engage with them. It's helping right now... with both platonic and romantic relationships in a Sims 2 themed world I just populated. Sometimes I only go so far with the challenges ...either way I usually engage on some level. If I miss the challenges completely by accident or even if I'm not just feeling it at the time that's when it can irritate or sadden me... but that's my issue.
    When it comes to weather I still have some hope that when some EP featuring it does come there will be some patch that aligns with it some... hopefully a basic weather patch without all the fun seasonal stuff associated with it that you would only get if you bought the EP. To me things like that create more excitement and the urge to engage (by buying stuff).
    I do agree though with facing the fact that it's becoming a more online game... with the option to play offline. Sign of the times for better or worse.

I also get frustrated when I don't have enough time for some challanges, cause with several household I try to have more than one sim doing the challange. I really run out of time there, but since I complain about how easy the Sims has gotten through out the years this is kind of refreshing.

Yeah online is gonna be a thing for sure. I mean TS4 was about to be an online game for real, I wouldn't be surprised if TS5 accomplishes it.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    I agree with you... I prefer the challenges over the boosts. To me, boost weeks just seem like "hey, here's a way to make already easy stuff even easier!" and it just annoys me. I know I don't have to use them, and I don't, but I'd rather they give us more monthly challenges and just drop the boost weeks altogether. Mardis Gras is coming up soon and it would be really cool if they did something for that because it's such an overlooked holiday in some parts.

I also really hope they'll be bringing back firemen, cops, and burglars. I especially miss the burglars and their creepy intro music. I don't care about carpools but having busses back would be nice. Hopefully our Sims will be able to have their own cars soon, too.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
    I agree with you... I prefer the challenges over the boosts. To me, boost weeks just seem like "hey, here's a way to make already easy stuff even easier!" and it just annoys me. I know I don't have to use them, and I don't, but I'd rather they give us more monthly challenges and just drop the boost weeks altogether. Mardis Gras is coming up soon and it would be really cool if they did something for that because it's such an over looked holiday in some parts.

I also really hope they'll be bringing back firemen, cops, and burglars. I especially miss the burglars and their creepy intro music. I don't care about carpools but having busses back would be nice. Hopefully our Sims will be able to have their own cars soon, too.

:open_mouth: pretty masks!!!
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Couple things to add to your list, changing career outfits, bed animations, stalls/urinals
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • ExxCeeExxCee Posts: 353 Member
    I love the challenges as well - I'd like to see more
    Origin ID: ExxCee