Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The T rated argument...

Comments

• MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,751 Member
    about depression:

I really don't like have to go into talking about symptoms of depression but just an FYI (I believe I have a minor form of it): Not interested in anything that used to be interested in, sometimes they don't even eat, skip school a lot, and even if they do go-it's basically they're not there mentally, and in a VERY, VERY bad case-the person can even SELL or get RID of items..that once meant something to them (and I'm not talking about breaking up). In a video that's a Mental Health First Aid role-play scenario-the depressed person had been a great hockey play but then quit hockey, didn't go to school (college or high school in the videos case) and the friends were worried about him and he came in and I think mentioned he got rid of his hockey equipment.

MadameLee wrote: »
    Orchid13 wrote: »

Nothing he says pushes the T rating, not even the developers are pushing the T rating. I mean @luthienrising posted a tweet from one of the gurus saying that they were kinda pushing it with vampires, but I don't see how, actually @luthienrising do you know how? Was it cause of how they look? Or how they behave?

Also just out of curiosity LGBTQ+ what does the Q+ stand for?

Q = Queer

And no, I don't know how. I know they use "plasma" not "blood" to keep it under the rating, and I suspect that being able to push toward an emotional extreme that then results in death is just skirting the line too. I'm sure @SimGuruNinja would love to go into detail but might not be able to because of exactly the can't-discuss-the-non-T-thing rule. Or he's just totally exhausted from the pack launch frenzy.

So why there isn't suicide in this game? I mean, the extremely emotional death of Sad could have been "Depressed", but even this was removed before the official release. (Anyone remember the words of Lyndsay Pearson in that first look video?)

"Poor Ollie, I'M PUSHING HIM OF LIMIT"

Because it's too close to home for a lot of people? Just the other week @Loanet I believe? had a thread about how he didn't like something about the insane trait's moodlets about "hearing voices" is making fun of mental illness and such a thing as hearining voices makes light of stuff. I believe the thread's delete now..

But I can't really talk since I write a T rated story..which shows PSTD and it's implied at one point there's depression but I do have some Mrated stuff also included.

"Hearing voices" is more associated with sensory persons, instead of the insane ones :confused: ...no?

Actually no it isn't . just associated with sensory person .it's actually a common symptom (basically the MAIN one) of Schizophrenia which is a mental illness. I go to a day-program which has a lot of people with mental illness who had mental illness in the past (well they still do, but they'e able to go better with it).
    6adMCGP.gif
  • riccardougariccardouga Posts: 436 Member
    Triplis wrote: »
    EDIT: Not that I have anything against Tetris. Or will ever confess just how much sleep I lost to it once upon a time.
    :lol:
    THANK YOU! <3 graham didn't sound like it was a problem with the actual rating
    YW. :smile:

Also, sort of related but not really... I wanted to expand on a thought in that post. Maybe it's just one of those "I want to give my hypothetical kids what I never had" things, but in my teen years, I really had no clue when it came to taboo subjects and I didn't really have anyone I felt I could talk to about it. I explored it anyway, of course, but it was that much harder to come to terms with. And the reason is because my parents were raised in an environment where their parents weren't comfortable discussing it and so they passed that down.

I was (lucky for my parents) one of those goody-two-shoes, straight-edge types in pretty much every way, so I didn't go and do crazy things. But there are so many kids who are not.

As it is, those taboo subjects are still difficult for me to talk about casually, to this day, and I'm in my twenties.

So just a sort of general note about what repression and lack of communication can do. (Not directed at anyone. I just felt like sharing it.)

You are right. My mom has been pretty liberal with me and thanks to that I've hardly had any real surprises in life and I'm ready for many things and I've avoided a lot of things cause I already know how many things work. You have no idea how many classmates I've got that have extremely conservative parents and they end up having a lot of problems cause they don't have the tools to protect themselves. That's why it's so important to face "the talk" that by the way even sims had in TS3 and prepare your kids, especially when they are teenagers. I'm also in my twenties :)
    Glad to hear it. :smile: It doesn't surprise me there are so many; it seems to be a pretty common theme, at least in my part of the world (the US - I don't know what country you live in). Hopefully the generation that came after us is having a better time with it, on average. I know classes on human sexuality have become more of a thing.

And yeah, that talk... funny thing is, my dad did try, bless his heart. He did try to give a talk. Unfortunately, he sounded more nervous and out of his element than I was listening, and I didn't learn much of anything from it, due to it being extremely vague. The poor guy lol.

I'm Latin American :) but my mom lived in the US and she had to learn many things the hard way there cause her mom never prepared her for anything, and her father would get nervous like yours lol especially when it comes to talking to a daughter.

My mom was the exception and learnt from her mom's mistake and had "the talk" with me. I was more uncomfortable than her, but extremely curious.
    Ahh, ok. It's interesting how that works, how your mom made a point to do it because of her parents' struggle with doing it. That seems to be a common thing in parenting, where they try to do the things that their parent didn't do.

Also, I understand the discomfort, haha. I wonder if it's just a teen thing in general to find it awkward discussing that kind of thing with a parent. Or maybe you were a little uncomfortable because she had some residual discomfort about it lurking around. I remember vaguely from the human sexuality course I took in college, something about it being the kind of subject where it's extremely easy for a kid to internalize it as something shameful, long before the talk and without words, especially if you're carrying baggage about it yourself, as a parent.

I had a sexuality course in high school... it was horrible... let's just say I could never look at a banana the same way ever again lol
    Lol. :smile:

Nothing he says pushes the T rating, not even the developers are pushing the T rating. I mean @luthienrising posted a tweet from one of the gurus saying that they were kinda pushing it with vampires, but I don't see how, actually @luthienrising do you know how? Was it cause of how they look? Or how they behave?

Q = Queer

And no, I don't know how. I know they use "plasma" not "blood" to keep it under the rating, and I suspect that being able to push toward an emotional extreme that then results in death is just skirting the line too. I'm sure @SimGuruNinja would love to go into detail but might not be able to because of exactly the can't-discuss-the-non-T-thing rule. Or he's just totally exhausted from the pack launch frenzy.

So why there isn't suicide in this game? I mean, the extremely emotional death of Sad could have been "Depressed", but even this was removed before the official release. (Anyone remember the words of Lyndsay Pearson in that first look video?)

That is one thing I'm glad is not in the game. It's just too real and depression is too much of a defenseless condition... meaning, other situations where some group might be offended or some such. They usually have a lot of energy to fight back, or voice their displeasure. A bunch of depressed people having problems with that being in a game? They're mostly just going to become more depressed, in silence.

This is not me saying depression shouldn't be in any game or medium. But along with the whimsy of the other emotional deaths, the tone of it? No way. It would just make a mockery of people who are too drained and listless to fight back.

Maybe for some it would help, I can't say for sure. But speaking for myself, I've been depressed (and I don't just mean "sad") and I'm pretty sure all it would do is dredge up dark places I don't want to go.

No. It was a wasted opportunity for a possible psychologist career in GTW. Also, it isn't strange that the current doctors are pretty basic? I mean, wouldn't be good to see surgeons in a Trauma Center-style game?

• lulubadwolflulubadwolf Posts: 630 Member
    About the sad emotion death, i don't know, i would like it if they add it, but i don't care at all if they never ad it, i have other way to do that for my story.

No. It was a wasted opportunity for a possible psychologist career in GTW. Also, it isn't strange that the current doctors are pretty basic? I mean, wouldn't be good to see surgeons in a Trauma Center-style game?

please see my above post..about depression symptoms
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Yoko2112 wrote: »
    You're comparing stuff like crime and hard violence to themes like love between two people ? And since you described the Sims series as a nice and happy place here, I'm asking you : what's not nice about love ?

I have no issues with love. I have issues with agendas being pushed on impressionable children. People have their own opinions on this sort of stuff and do not need to be forced to accept things they don't agree with.
  • Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    What is it with this society and darkness?
    Why is it so en vougue in pop culture?

Star Wars needs to be Darker
    The Sims need to be Darker
    Trolls voting for mean obmoxious people to win Big Brother.
    Game of Thrones burning children alive at the stake...

Why is it at least some entertainment can't be sunshine and rainbows and still be good fun and entertaining?
    Why would anyone want to take that away from the Sims?

I've read it, but you don't change my mind. This game need more deepness.

• pri4321pri4321 Posts: 225 Member
    edited February 2017

I've read it, but you don't change my mind. This game need more deepness.
    The reason depression (with strong symptoms) probably won't be in The Sims because there are allot of people who suffer from it so they would probably be offended if put in a game because depression is a serious topic to be discussed.
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    tasmabel wrote: »
    EDIT: Not that I have anything against Tetris. Or will ever confess just how much sleep I lost to it once upon a time.

Also, sort of related but not really... I wanted to expand on a thought in that post. Maybe it's just one of those "I want to give my hypothetical kids what I never had" things, but in my teen years, I really had no clue when it came to taboo subjects and I didn't really have anyone I felt I could talk to about it. I explored it anyway, of course, but it was that much harder to come to terms with. And the reason is because my parents were raised in an environment where their parents weren't comfortable discussing it and so they passed that down.

I was (lucky for my parents) one of those goody-two-shoes, straight-edge types in pretty much every way, so I didn't go and do crazy things. But there are so many kids who are not.

As it is, those taboo subjects are still difficult for me to talk about casually, to this day, and I'm in my twenties.

So just a sort of general note about what repression and lack of communication can do. (Not directed at anyone. I just felt like sharing it.)

You are right. My mom has been pretty liberal with me and thanks to that I've hardly had any real surprises in life and I'm ready for many things and I've avoided a lot of things cause I already know how many things work. You have no idea how many classmates I've got that have extremely conservative parents and they end up having a lot of problems cause they don't have the tools to protect themselves. That's why it's so important to face "the talk" that by the way even sims had in TS3 and prepare your kids, especially when they are teenagers. I'm also in my twenties :)
    Glad to hear it. :smile: It doesn't surprise me there are so many; it seems to be a pretty common theme, at least in my part of the world (the US - I don't know what country you live in). Hopefully the generation that came after us is having a better time with it, on average. I know classes on human sexuality have become more of a thing.

And yeah, that talk... funny thing is, my dad did try, bless his heart. He did try to give a talk. Unfortunately, he sounded more nervous and out of his element than I was listening, and I didn't learn much of anything from it, due to it being extremely vague. The poor guy lol.

I'm Latin American :) but my mom lived in the US and she had to learn many things the hard way there cause her mom never prepared her for anything, and her father would get nervous like yours lol especially when it comes to talking to a daughter.

My mom was the exception and learnt from her mom's mistake and had "the talk" with me. I was more uncomfortable than her, but extremely curious.
    Ahh, ok. It's interesting how that works, how your mom made a point to do it because of her parents' struggle with doing it. That seems to be a common thing in parenting, where they try to do the things that their parent didn't do.

Also, I understand the discomfort, haha. I wonder if it's just a teen thing in general to find it awkward discussing that kind of thing with a parent. Or maybe you were a little uncomfortable because she had some residual discomfort about it lurking around. I remember vaguely from the human sexuality course I took in college, something about it being the kind of subject where it's extremely easy for a kid to internalize it as something shameful, long before the talk and without words, especially if you're carrying baggage about it yourself, as a parent.

I had a sexuality course in high school... it was horrible... let's just say I could never look at a banana the same way ever again lol

Q = Queer

That is one thing I'm glad is not in the game. It's just too real and depression is too much of a defenseless condition... meaning, other situations where some group might be offended or some such. They usually have a lot of energy to fight back, or voice their displeasure. A bunch of depressed people having problems with that being in a game? They're mostly just going to become more depressed, in silence.

This is not me saying depression shouldn't be in any game or medium. But along with the whimsy of the other emotional deaths, the tone of it? No way. It would just make a mockery of people who are too drained and listless to fight back.

Maybe for some it would help, I can't say for sure. But speaking for myself, I've been depressed (and I don't just mean "sad") and I'm pretty sure all it would do is dredge up dark places I don't want to go.

Lol yeah I don't think I'd enjoy having sims commit suicide. I've been there far too many times myself to find it humorous no matter how it's painted. But anyway the sims has never had any direct kill options and I don't mind.
    Yeah, that's the thing. The emotional deaths that we do have are largely silly, but to me, they get away with being silly because of the fact that they're so over-the-top kind of deaths. The cardiac explosion from Anger is probably the closest to being at all real, but how often have you heard of someone having a heart attack from Anger? I know people can get ulcers and such, but I don't think it's exactly top of the list in deaths, particularly in young people. Then we get really whimsical with death from embarrassment, which is like a teenager's "I'm literally dying from embarrassment right now" statement come to life in actual, literal silliness. And dying from laughter, though theoretically possible, is so out of scope of being normal as to be absurd as well.

Dying from sadness just doesn't fit the others. It's far too real and because of how real it is, I don't think it works well as whimsical material.
    They do have a sadness hotline though, as someone pointed out (which I have no problems with). And they could have a kind of depression and a therapist career and I don't think I'd have any problems with it. It's just having suicide is not something I'm in favor of, at least not in a game that is so into whimsy and light-heartedness.

As for doctors, it's a touchy idea and I'm not entirely sure how I feel about it. I think the doctor level of the career itself was about right, just a little too rushed in its gameplay style (time limits, flooded with too many patients). Being able to go around and make house calls and take your time with it might have been a better way to do it.

Surgeons, I dunno. I don't have strong feelings about it, but it does get more into that territory of potentially too real. As it is, the game has virtual nothing in terms of injury (I think the closest is pulling a muscle by working out too much at once). So adding in something like that, they'd need to have ways to get injured. Perhaps they could go for a whimsical route with it and have sims come in on the verge of an emotional death and you have to do surgery to remove the emotional overload. That might be just whimsical enough to fit with the rest of the game.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    about depression:

I really don't like have to go into talking about symptoms of depression but just an FYI (I believe I have a minor form of it): Not interested in anything that used to be interested in, sometimes they don't even eat, skip school a lot, and even if they do go-it's basically they're not there mentally, and in a VERY, VERY bad case-the person can even SELL or get RID of items..that once meant something to them (and I'm not talking about breaking up). In a video that's a Mental Health First Aid role-play scenario-the depressed person had been a great hockey play but then quit hockey, didn't go to school (college or high school in the videos case) and the friends were worried about him and he came in and I think mentioned he got rid of his hockey equipment.

Q = Queer

Because it's too close to home for a lot of people? Just the other week @Loanet I believe? had a thread about how he didn't like something about the insane trait's moodlets about "hearing voices" is making fun of mental illness and such a thing as hearining voices makes light of stuff. I believe the thread's delete now..

But I can't really talk since I write a T rated story..which shows PSTD and it's implied at one point there's depression but I do have some Mrated stuff also included.

"Hearing voices" is more associated with sensory persons, instead of the insane ones :confused: ...no?

Actually no it isn't . just associated with sensory person .it's actually a common symptom (basically the MAIN one) of Schizophrenia which is a mental illness. I go to a day-program which has a lot of people with mental illness who had mental illness in the past (well they still do, but they'e able to go better with it).

Why are we getting so detailed with depression. No one is asking for this to be explicit. Anyway we have an insane trait and in TS2 we had that crazy doctor that would appear when sims would hit rock button. It was just a cartoony way to reperesent overwhealmed sims, it happens with cartoons all the time.
    21mbz47.jpg
    Yoko2112 wrote: »
    You're comparing stuff like crime and hard violence to themes like love between two people ? And since you described the Sims series as a nice and happy place here, I'm asking you : what's not nice about love ?

I have no issues with love. I have issues with agendas being pushed on impressionable children. People have their own opinions on this sort of stuff and do not need to be forced to accept things they don't agree with.

No, but it's not a game for kids, so deal with it. It's up to parents to decide if their kids can handle a game like the sims or not, but it's meant for teens and no thirteen year olds are not children.
    21mbz47.jpg
    Uzone27 wrote: »
    What is it with this society and darkness?
    Why is it so en vougue in pop culture?

Star Wars needs to be Darker
    The Sims need to be Darker
    Trolls voting for mean obmoxious people to win Big Brother.
    Game of Thrones burning children alive at the stake...

Why is it at least some entertainment can't be sunshine and rainbows and still be good fun and entertaining?
    Why would anyone want to take that away from the Sims?

Star Wars, the sims and game of thrones are extremely successful things. People need drama... everything needs drama there is not one thing that is just comedy there has to be some conflict or there is no climax in a story. It's boring.
    21mbz47.jpg
    about depression:

Why are we getting so detailed with depression. No one is asking for this to be explicit. Anyway we have an insane trait and in TS2 we had that crazy doctor that would appear when sims would hit rock button. It was just a cartoony way to reperesent overwhealmed sims, it happens with cartoons all the time.

I'm just pointing out how bad it can be..but mind you a lot of other mental health illnesses can border on depression line.
    6adMCGP.gif
    edited February 2017

Q = Queer

Lol yeah I don't think I'd enjoy having sims commit suicide. I've been there far too many times myself to find it humorous no matter how it's painted. But anyway the sims has never had any direct kill options and I don't mind.
    Yeah, that's the thing. The emotional deaths that we do have are largely silly, but to me, they get away with being silly because of the fact that they're so over-the-top kind of deaths. The cardiac explosion from Anger is probably the closest to being at all real, but how often have you heard of someone having a heart attack from Anger? I know people can get ulcers and such, but I don't think it's exactly top of the list in deaths, particularly in young people. Then we get really whimsical with death from embarrassment, which is like a teenager's "I'm literally dying from embarrassment right now" statement come to life in actual, literal silliness. And dying from laughter, though theoretically possible, is so out of scope of being normal as to be absurd as well.

Dying from sadness just doesn't fit the others. It's far too real and because of how real it is, I don't think it works well as whimsical material.
    They do have a sadness hotline though, as someone pointed out (which I have no problems with). And they could have a kind of depression and a therapist career and I don't think I'd have any problems with it. It's just having suicide is not something I'm in favor of, at least not in a game that is so into whimsy and light-heartedness.

As for doctors, it's a touchy idea and I'm not entirely sure how I feel about it. I think the doctor level of the career itself was about right, just a little too rushed in its gameplay style (time limits, flooded with too many patients). Being able to go around and make house calls and take your time with it might have been a better way to do it.

Surgeons, I dunno. I don't have strong feelings about it, but it does get more into that territory of potentially too real. As it is, the game has virtual nothing in terms of injury (I think the closest is pulling a muscle by working out too much at once). So adding in something like that, they'd need to have ways to get injured. Perhaps they could go for a whimsical route with it and have sims come in on the verge of an emotional death and you have to do surgery to remove the emotional overload. That might be just whimsical enough to fit with the rest of the game.

And how about wellchairs? Aids (for hearing/sight loss)? If this game is really tollerant with people who playing it, why not add those things? With the gender patch they made a great work, but please this game really need a balance.

Q = Queer

And how about wellchairs? Aids (for hearing/sight loss)? If this game is really tollerant with people who playing it, why not adding those things? With the gender patch they made a great work, but please this game really need a balance.

Because those things aren't fun.
    For anyone.
    Period.
  • pri4321pri4321 Posts: 225 Member

Q = Queer

And how about wellchairs? Aids (for hearing/sight loss)? If this game is really tollerant with people who playing it, why not add those things? With the gender patch they made a great work, but please this game really need a balance.

Wheelchairs would be hard to incorporate to the game because they would have to re-do each animation that sims have which is also why there aren't different heights for sims
    edited February 2017

Q = Queer

And how about wellchairs? Aids (for hearing/sight loss)? If this game is really tollerant with people who playing it, why not adding those things? With the gender patch they made a great work, but please this game really need a balance.

For anyone.
    Period.

Even being bite from a vampire on the nek isn't fun. Come on, are you serious? I'm talking about realism/details. Things that this game seems to forget.

Q = Queer

For anyone.
    Period.

it depends on whom you're talking too if it's not fun for some disabled people-why are there at least two (maybe 3) people on my bowling league who are completely deaf? And we have about someone who has some kind of disability which I don't know of, another who disability I don't know, and then there's me.. If disability wasn't fun how come there's a wheelchair basketball sport? or Sledge hockey? Or blind martial arts? The late Jim Flattery and his wife, Christine Elliot-funded a centre which was designed SPECIFICALLY for disabled people. (Of course at the moment there's the issue of able-bodied people being in there a Canadian Basketball League and a High School double-credit program again, basketball)
    6adMCGP.gif
    edited February 2017
    pri4321 wrote: »

Q = Queer

Wheelchairs would be hard to incorporate to the game because they would have to re-do each animation that sims have which is also why there aren't different heights for sims

And with that excuse they will go on and on forever. Look at what they did with elevators in City Living... :frowning:
  • staravia81staravia81 Posts: 369 Member
    Yoko2112 wrote: »

Agendas? All of those things are a part of life. If you don't expose them to real life, someone else will.

The rating system is a guideline, but ultimately you have to pay attention to what your kids are playing and decide what they will and won't play based on your values. You can't expect corporations to do your parenting for you. And you can impart your values on your kids, but not every parent sees things the way you do.
    My builds!
    EA ID: staravia81

Q = Queer

For anyone.
    Period.

Even being bite from a vampire on the nek isn't fun. Come on, are you serious? I'm talking about realism/details. Things that this game seems to forget.

I'm being deadly serious.
    Vampires aren't real.

The things you mentioned are very serious and very real and not one of them is fun.
    This is a game. Games are meant to be fun
    If you find those things fun, you should probably have that looked into.
  • lulubadwolflulubadwolf Posts: 630 Member
    pri4321 wrote: »

Q = Queer

And with that excuse they wil go on and on forever. Look at what they did with elevators in City Living... :frowning:

And to be able to create our own apartment :cry:
  • UnrealRootUnrealRoot Posts: 307 Member
    edited February 2017
    I don't think that The Sims is crossing the teen line, honestly I was surprised to see that they did not put blood in for vampires but plasma, mostly because you see children who pretend to be a vampire on Halloween and know that vampires drink blood and get excited about it. As someone who was fascinated by vampires since I was a kid I knew that vampires drank blood, I never felt that it was disturbing.

The vampires in The Sims are also made out to be funny and they don't kill a single soul, they don't harm anyone and everyone they drink from is all well and good after (unless you have the get to work expansion pack and right as your vampire sim drinks plasma from another sim they get ill by some miraculous luck lol xd).

However I can see why the game is rated T and not E, I do think that it's rating right now is correct and I personally am not standing up against it. I however believe that The Sims is not going overboard and they are staying well within teen, they aren't going into the mature rating.

The thing is, the games rated mature are things like Battlefield 1, The Sims are so so far away from being anything like those games.

I think Maxis tries really hard to be able to distribute the game to all ages from kids to teens to then adults and up. I think that The Sims grown a bit with its fan base, The Sims does not want to lose it's original fan base therefore they make the game a bit more mature each time. I think it also heavily depends on the culture, I myself felt that one of the sleeping clothing for women was not for children but there will be people in different countries and different families that will sit down and say ''that is okay for kids''.

I will give a game to compare. Root Letter has been rated mature for America while it was rated PEGI for Europe. This is mostly because of the different cultures after studies were conducted showing the way people respond to certain types of things in the media.

PAL version of Root Letter: http://www.pegi.info/en/index/global_id/505/?searchString=root+letter&agecategories=&genre=&organisations=&platforms=&countries=&submit=Search#searchresults

America - http://esrb.org/ratings/Synopsis.aspx?Certificate=34656&amp;Title=Root Letter
    The one for the American version says why it was rated the way it was, while in Europe it was considered a 12. The same exact game.
    If you look at the European rating you will see the description for the game shows that in Europe the game is considered okay for younger audience than in the USA, which I personally agree with. "Mild bad language - Pictures or sounds likely to be scary to young children", in other words they did not consider it as bad as the rating board in America did. Which I just believe is due to the way people react to different things in different countries.

So in this conclusion I believe The Sims 4 has the T on mostly due to the cultures xd The thing is the ratings are also different UK has 12 then 16 while America has E, T and then Mature. So Maxis has to tone things down since if America decides that the game is too harsh for children (and if you look at the root letter ratings you can see it is possible due to the huge difference in the European and American board) it will be shifted to mature which is a huge leap.

I think Maxis is just doing everything they can to provide content for older and younger players without being pushed into the mature rating and I don't blame them for anything.

I am also not blaming the American board for the ratings they give, I am sure that there are strong reasons that the ratings are the way they are. I am not American, I never lived in America and I have no idea about the views on things like this there.. so I know ESRB knows how to rate things better than me haha. I think they are just doing what they have to. I mean it must be a lot of pressure to rate media.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    I find it weird that they think the sims is pushing the Teen rating when parents let their kids play like Halo and GTA and don't have problems letting their kids be exposed to those things and then complain about the sims. I mean please they are letting their kids play far worse games then the sims.

Well, i've started playing GTA at the age of 14 i think, my mother agreed (funny thing, she tried TH4 and say it was good, but to childish for her, even for teen in her opinion)
    That is acceptable age but when you are 8 I don't think its acceptable to play mature games like that
    I find it weird that they think the sims is pushing the Teen rating when parents let their kids play like Halo and GTA and don't have problems letting their kids be exposed to those things and then complain about the sims. I mean please they are letting their kids play far worse games then the sims.

Why would you assume a parent who is fine with GTA would object to the Sims?
    That doesn't make sense to me.
    I never said they were going to object but they are likely to pass on the sims if they are playing more mature games.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top