Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sadness Alleviation Lotion from OR relieves vampire's Eternal Sadness

Just that. And it's an easy herbal remedy to make. Requires level 1 skill, 2 Elderberry and 1 Firefly.

Comments

• calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Where exactly in OR is the firefly?
  • elumaeelumae Posts: 171 Member
    Thank you for the tip! :)
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    Where exactly in OR is the firefly?
    I think you can find them at night in Granite Falls, IIRC. When you locate them, you'll want to click on them and there'll be some kind of collect option, same as for other bugs in Granite Falls.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    There are is also spawners that someone unlocked so you can place them anywhere you want, including your sim's yard.
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=580697
  • TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    @dizzydee_k That's brilliant. Thank you so much for that!
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • dizzydee_kdizzydee_k Posts: 475 Member
    Fireflies are everywhere in GF. They're easy to spot because they're bright little lights. And easy to catch. Elderberries are also easy to find and among the first wild plants you can identify.
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    ...i might have to start having more vampires learn herbalism. only been letting the 'witchy' sorts do that (also, those spawners are awesome. i use them as 'decor' in gardens and parks all the time)

on a side, and vaguely related, note, the 'guilty drinker' weakness is basically a freebie if you buy the 'never tense' ambition trait that i forget the official name of... i sort of cheat all the time and make that the first ambition point purchase and first weakness of nearly all my vampires, unless they're rp-specific roles
  • DKguruArtistDKguruArtist Posts: 298 Member
    Just on a curious note how often does eternal sadness trigger and how badly, is it like the clown costume or less?
    i haven't played the household with the vampire with that weakness in a while, but from what i remember, it's like +5 sad for 4 or 6 hours. and i've only had it trigger once every few days. doesn't seem too terrible overall, but can be irksome if it hits in the middle of you wanting them to do things that sadness will cancel out
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Oh hey! That some nice play between add-ons! I should really figure out herbalism some decade. I always mean to, then there's another shiny new thing.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    dizzydee_k wrote: »
    Just that. And it's an easy herbal remedy to make. Requires level 1 skill, 2 Elderberry and 1 Firefly.

Great tip! I'd have never thought to try it! I love it when packs work together.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • kati77kati77 Posts: 3,146 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »
    i haven't played the household with the vampire with that weakness in a while, but from what i remember, it's like +5 sad for 4 or 6 hours. and i've only had it trigger once every few days. doesn't seem too terrible overall, but can be irksome if it hits in the middle of you wanting them to do things that sadness will cancel out

My vampire just became a grand master and I gave her that weakness. The first time it hit was only a few simdays after, and even then my vampire was so happy about so many other things that the sad moodlet couldn't have an effect on her.

But what I find strange is that after I gave her the weakness, I occasionally see this animation, where she seems to be crying about something, and I've always checked for the sad moodlet when it's happened, but it's never been there.
    01-06-18_5-09-41%C2%A0PM_2.png

yeah, i've noticed that too. the sad animations, crying with head in hands and sometimes even just wailing while looking up at the sky, but no sad buff. in a way it's a little annoying, but in a way i kinda like it. and it's better than when she goes into her uncontrollable hissing fits...
  • kati77kati77 Posts: 3,146 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »
    yeah, i've noticed that too. the sad animations, crying with head in hands and sometimes even just wailing while looking up at the sky, but no sad buff. in a way it's a little annoying, but in a way i kinda like it. and it's better than when she goes into her uncontrollable hissing fits...

Yes, I suppose it's better than hissing (a weakness I would never give a vampire I like). But I still don't really like it.
    01-06-18_5-09-41%C2%A0PM_2.png

• SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Yay! Synergy between packs is a wonderful thing <3 it makes you take up old skills and things and look at them again.
  • AyradyssAyradyss Posts: 910 Member
    If you have a hot tub from the Perfect Patio Stuff pack, a dip with some aromatherapy will generally make pretty short work of the Sadness moodlet too. (I think it's Jasmine Oil for sadness.)
    Pay for product -- not potential!
  • WyrrenWyrren Posts: 724 Member
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=585136
    No more ingredients needed for herbalism. This is a must for my 'witch' sims. To hard having to go to GF to collect insects all the time.
    Origin ID: Wyrren
  • AndygalAndygal Posts: 1,280 Member
    there's also a mod that lets you add the insect spawners to the regular worlds, it's also on MTS somewhere.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited February 2017
    If I decide to get back into retail again, I'll have one of my teen Sims study herbalism then have him/her open up their shop in Forgotten Hollow when they become an adult -- maybe I'll have them learn vampire lore and make plasma packs as well. B)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    If I decide to get back into retail again, I'll have one of my teen Sims study herbalism then have him/her open up their shop in Forgotten Hollow when they become an adult -- maybe I'll have them learn vampire lore and make plasma packs as well. B)

I am toying with the idea as well. Haven't tried herbalism yet, this could be a fun way to start it.