Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Toddler seating issue

Hi @SimGuruModSquad, several creators and players have asked us to batch-fix CC furniture items that cause toddlers to float above the surface when sitting on them. When we looked into the issue, we discovered that this behavior is standard for all sofas and loveseats, even base game items. I removed all the CC from my game and had my toddler sit first on a base game loveseat and then a pack sofa. As you can see, the toddler floats well above the surface of the loveseat. On the sofa, while her rear end is embedded in the surface, her legs still float stiffly above it. The floating affects all animations involving getting on and off the furniture also:

D8UHQ0v.png

Basically, the reason toddlers have this odd behavior on CC furniture is that it was cloned from game furniture. We can batch-fix this, but it seems like a patch-fix might be a better way to address it. We don't want to put out a batch-fix until we know if EA is planning on fixing the problem with game items. While we still may have to batch-fix CC if you fix this on your end, we'd rather only do it once. Is this something that will be fixed in a patch? Also, toddlers don't blink in CAS. As all other Sims do, I thought I'd mention that while I'm at it.

Comments