Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 - Memory tab!

Would really love the memory tab to make a come back! The same style as TS2, with memory icons showing significate events in your sims lives. I didn't like TS3 version, nor do I like TS4 version that much. The memory tab gave more depth to the characters and gave me a sense of progression and achievment, which I feel The Sims 4 still lacks :)

wQFVh6X.jpg

I liked being able to just open up the memory tab and look at their achievments/mile stones etc!

Any one else?

(Image from google)
The Bristol Simmer||Find my builds and legacy updates on the gallery! Have a happy day!

68OUgVc.jpg

Comments

• NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    I liked to remember what happened in their life with the memory tab, though some of the memories were a bit spammy (family reunion for example).

I would like some new system with memories, milestones and how does your Sims grow up into, this sort of things. I think there's not enough long-term gameplay like that at the moment.
  • the_greenplumbobthe_greenplumbob Posts: 6,105 Member
    If this were a petition, I'd sign it 10 times! NO! 20...

I really want memories to come back, they were always fun to go over whilst my sim's were sleeping, just so I could reminisce about events that happened in their life time. I really want this back in the Sims 4 - along with other Sims 2 aspects like the influence bar, reputation meter etc.
  • TheBristolSimmerTheBristolSimmer Posts: 705 Member
    dansneller wrote: »
    If this were a petition, I'd sign it 10 times! NO! 20...

I really want memories to come back, they were always fun to go over whilst my sim's were sleeping, just so I could reminisce about events that happened in their life time. I really want this back in the Sims 4 - along with other Sims 2 aspects like the influence bar, reputation meter etc.

How do I make it a petition!? :smiley:
    The Bristol Simmer||Find my builds and legacy updates on the gallery! Have a happy day!

68OUgVc.jpg
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I would love a memory System, If I can Manage memories effectively, and the UI for the memory panel looks good.

I would like it to look like a Journal/Diary/Scrapbook
    and Create a Full Detailed Report, that I can edit.

But I think in order for this to work, Sims need more personality and things to do... because If I'm honest... they're nothing really worth remembering.

By this I mean, I'm not talking just events

Sims Can:
    "Ask About Careers" - to find out where they work
    "Get to Know" to find about their traits.
    "Ask if Single" - to learn if they're married, in a relationship(s) or single
    "Ask About other Sims" - to learn about other sims.
    "Talk up/down other sims" - to boost/ruin reputation

They Should add:
    "Ask about family" - Do you have kids, what about your parents, brothers or sisters.
    "Ask about Friends" - Who is your Best Friend(s)

But When You Discuss Interests, Favorite Drink, Favorite TV Show, Meal, Toy. Sims don't have any thing to remember.

Which Is why I really want them to Create and develop Favorites in order to make sims more fun and unique, and they'll respond differently for different things.

and when my Sim brings his best Friend a 6 pack of his Favorite Root Beer. He'll not only be happy because it's his favorite, but the taste of the beer would be even better because it was brought out of love. compared to if the beer was just given to him from a random admirer at a bar, he would just be happy, but depending on the mixology skill, the beer might be flat... making My sim sad or angry.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • AndygalAndygal Posts: 1,280 Member
    I agree. I miss this feature from Sims 2 so much, I loved going through my Sims' memories and seeing all the stuff they'd done, and I loved how they would talk about them and gossip about the silly things that happened to other Sims. And it would be nice if Sims could recall sad or happy memories like the deaths of family members or their wedding even after the original moodlet went away and get a little moodlet based on what they remember. It might throw a wrench into players' plans if they got into an emotional state that wasn't ideal for what you wanted them to do, but it would make them feel so much more alive. If some people really hated it maybe they could add a toggle to stop Sims from getting moodlets from memories.
  • v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member
    I would like that to return as well, and like skills and such to carry over from gallery. Not the g*rbage we got with Thesims3 sytem, i don't want to be a small limit of memories or an annoying picture pop up every time they do something meaningfull, abeit i would like to be able to share screenshots on a mypage.
    jr73Y.gif

• OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Count me in on wanting this back! Sims2 style, of course.