Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which supernatural do you want to see next?

Comments

• Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    I want fairies, but for once I don't want that much freedom in CAS. I want matching outfits to go with their wings.

I also want witches and they are probably more likely to appear before fairies, because they are pretty popular and they can have a whole GP with no problems. Alchemy skill, flying brooms, spell books, the element thing @blugar44 said is actually a great idea.

And since I'm extremely girly I also want mermaids back, but I think we will have to wait a while cause of all the water limitations and I don't even know if they can solve that.

I'm also wondering why do people like pant sims so much?

Well, all they'd need is make a world where you can swim in the water from the get go. The main limitation is that they're most likely not going to change the water areas in the existing worlds (because that would be too difficult). But nothing prevents them from creating a world with a beach area, and there'd be no problem for mermaids (or any other sims) swimming in the water (which is probably what they would've done for mermaids anyway, as I guess they'd most likely be included in a tropical pack of sorts .. but we'll see about that xD)

I would be very happy with something like island paradise. But how would mermaid sims work? Would they be attached to one world only?

Honestly I never played with mermaids so I'm the wrong person to ask :D Idk, I was assuming they have a human form & can live pretty much anywhere, but that the only real beach to swim in would be in isla paradiso two lol. Although, they could perhaps give us the tools to make really natural-looking huge water areas but #whoamIkidding ;) But yeah, probably didn't think the mermaid thing through as they're really not my thing, but I did want to point out that water / oceans in new worlds could definitely be swimmable :) Me wantz witchez.

Honestly... me neither. Never played with them lol . Mostly because I usually give up the sims when I know the new sims is coming , and I think they announced the sims 4 not long after that. I did think they were very beautiful haha that's why I want them back.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • drjmoowdrjmoow Posts: 52 Member
    I think faries would be a nice addition to the game.
  • ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    edited February 2017
    In order of personal importance to me:

-Witches. In their own pack. Hopefully with Magic Town brought back!
    -Werewolves. Could come with Pets but I'd be cool with them having their own GP too.
    -Fairies. Could come with Seasons, don't really think they need their own pack.
    -Plumbots, because my main vampire really misses his bot from Sims 3.

Would be cool but I can also live without:
    -Genies
    -Mermaids
    -Unicorns

Things I kinda hope they won't bother with this time:
    -Imaginary Friend
    -Mummies
    -Plantsims

New Supernatural types that could be cool:
    -Harpies or some other type of winged Sim (not Angels)
    -Werecats
    -Telekenetics
    -Sims that control elements like in Avatar the Last Airbender (could work with Seasons, too)
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
    In order of personal importance to me:

-Witches. In their own pack. Hopefully with Magic Town brought back!
    -Werewolves. Could come with Pets but I'd be cool with them having their own GP too.
    -Fairies. Could come with Seasons, don't really think they need their own pack.
    -Plumbots, because my main vampire really misses his bot from Sims 3.

Would be cool but I can also live without:
    -Genies
    -Mermaids
    -Unicorns

Things I kinda hope they won't bother with this time:
    -Imaginary Friend
    -Mummies
    -Plantsims

New Supernatural types that could be cool:
    -Harpies or some other type of winged Sim (not Angels)
    -Werecats
    -Telekenetics
    -Sims that control elements like in Avatar the Last Airbender (could work with Seasons, too)

I agree with witches, I'm not sure if werewolves need a whole pack, but maybe they have some great ideas.

I miss genies!!! I miss them from TS cause I never bought the weird Katy perry EP, but I almost did, and just because of the genie.

Imaginary friend were always so creepy! I much rather get the social bunny back
    21mbz47.jpg
  • JestinaJestina Posts: 1,609 Member
    Faeries.

I don't agree with witches being a supernatural. Witchcraft and Wicca is something any normal sim should be able to practice. Not like magic Harry Potter garbage...but real witchcraft.
    edited February 2017
    Jestina wrote: »
    Faeries.

I don't agree with witches being a supernatural. Witchcraft and Wicca is something any normal sim should be able to practice. Not like magic Harry Potter garbage...but real witchcraft.

Wooooooah... Harry Potter is a master piece! But now that I think about it Wicca is a cool concept to incorporate. I read this book called Salem Falls and it was about this brats who started playing around with witchcraft, they weren't really witches but everything they did made them look like actual witches, so maybe you could actually have any sim become a witch through some sort of ritual, but idk if that could affect the T rating. It would also be cool to have ouija boards for witches since we already have ghosts anyway, but for some reason I think all of these goes against the T rating, but those would be some pretty cool witches.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Faeries.

I dont know though, Wicca practices magik and we're talking about magic.

Sure anyone can follow the faith, but not anyomr can freeze time or change their hair color etc.

e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • AndygalAndygal Posts: 1,280 Member
    edited February 2017
    Faeries.

I prefer religion being left up to the player's imagination, it's kind of a hot button issue and would cause a lot of drama if it was included because some people would be mad that their religion wasn't included or because they didn't like some other religion being included or because they didn't like how their religion was portrayed. I'm sure you can find pentacle custom content and stuff if you want to imagine your Sims are practicing wiccans.
    edited February 2017
    Andygal wrote: »
    Faeries.

I prefer religion being left up to the player's imagination, it's kind of a hot button issue and would cause a lot of drama if it was included because some people would be mad that their religion wasn't included or because they didn't like some other religion being included or because they didn't like how their religion was portrayed. I'm sure you can find pentacle custom content and stuff if you want to imagine your Sims are practicing wiccans.

I really don't know why people think this is some religious thing... but yeah I agree with you. I can already see the fights over Wicca being in the game. It's like a way of living like gypsies and hippies... which actually sound like a pretty good idea right now.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • JestinaJestina Posts: 1,609 Member
    I'm just tired of seeing all the witch tropes in books and movies. I don't know any real witch's that fly around on brooms and wear pointed hats. I wouldn't really classify historical/traditional witchcraft(not Wicca) as a religion since there are various ways that it is practiced.
  • ModerockerModerocker Posts: 159 Member
    It might be far fetched, but it would be cool if they maybe added supernaturals that matched the different seasons.

6unzx1t.gif
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Faeries.

I'm just tired of seeing all the witch tropes in books and movies. I don't know any real witch's that fly around on brooms and wear pointed hats. I wouldn't really classify historical/traditional witchcraft(not Wicca) as a religion since there are various ways that it is practiced.

I agree, to me Harry Potter is garbage. but I do believe Sorcery and magic is a power not every human should have access to, or possess.

The Arcane Ability should be a (Life State) Trait, that manifests itself within a sim. Something one is Born with and is Hereditary, could potentially be dormant unless awoken.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
    edited February 2017
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    Faeries.

I agree, to me Harry Potter is garbage. but I do believe Sorcery and magic is a power not every human should have access to, or possess.

The Arcane Ability should be a (Life State) Trait, that manifests itself within a sim. Something one is Born with and is Hereditary, could potentially be dormant unless awoken.

People trashing Harry Potter lol , this is painful to read as a Harry Potter lover! I just wanna say that in Harry Potter there are a normal human being and they can become witches and wizards, like hermione!

I actually think they could get some cool ideas for wizards and witches from Harry Potter. Owls, special wands, witches and wizards that can become animals and stuff like that.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    One thing I hope they keep from witches in sims 3 is the ability to cast spells with their hands, I love that so much more than a wand.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    Werewolves and / or witches.. But fleshed out, like the vamps
  • pchyskye2000pchyskye2000 Posts: 64 Member
    edited February 2017
    I was never a big fan of the supernatural in the sims but I was interested in fairies in the sims 3. I seriously hated zombies.
    edited February 2017
    Faeries.

People trashing Harry Potter lol , this is painful to read as a Harry Potter lover! I just wanna say that in Harry Potter there are a normal human being and they can become witches and wizards, like hermione!

I actually think they could get some cool ideas for wizards and witches from Harry Potter. Owls, special wands, witches and wizards that can become animals and stuff like that.

As Much as I hate to admit, I was a fan, but that was eons ago. After the Chamber of Secrets, the magic simply wore off and I lost interest.

When Once Upon a Time, Merlin, Teen Wolf, came into my life everything changed.

Hermione was a different case tho, She was born with the ability, which is possible... two negatives can make a positive.

But I'm talking about allowing an ordinary Human to possess magic, As if magic was a simple skill like Gardening and cooking. Magic has to be in your nature, manifested within your being.

I'm not against wands, I just want them to be more respected. wands shouldn't be the default way of doing magic.
    Wands are suppose to be tools, to focus magic and help the Sorcerer cast those powerful spells, such as Time Travel, Necromancy, Realm Jumping, commanding the cosmos, and completely changing their environment. These couldn't cast on their own without draining all their Energy.

and Optionally if the Player wants to, use a wand to cast all spells. they can do that... but I believe even that comes with a Price... You'll be weakening yourself in a sense, if you become more accustomed to using a wand, You're magic will be noticeably weaker if you suddenly decide to stop using the wand.

I do want full animal transformations though, Instead of Sims in Frog Costumes, that Toadification Spell was so cheap. How about a real toad, a fish, a Mouse, and if you have Pets you can turn sims into cats and dogs. Glamour Spells, to look like other sims in disguise.

Also Life State transformation spells, I think Making Potions to swap life States is too Easy.

Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

edited February 2017
    Faeries.

As Much as I hate to admit, I was a fan, but that was eons ago. After the Chamber of Secrets, the magic simply wore off and I lost interest.

Hermione was a different case tho, She was born with the ability, which is possible... two negatives can make a positive.

But I'm talking about allowing an ordinary Human to possess magic, As if magic was a simple skill like Gardening and cooking. Magic has to be in your nature, manifested within your being.

I'm not against wands, I just want them to be more respected. wands shouldn't be the default way of doing magic.
    Wands are suppose to be tools, to focus magic and help the Sorcerer cast those powerful spells, such as Time Travel, Necromancy, Realm Jumping, commanding the cosmos, and completely changing their environment. These couldn't cast on their own without draining all their Energy.

and Optionally if the Player wants to, use a wand to cast all spells. they can do that... but I believe even that comes with a Price... You'll be weakening yourself in a sense, if you become more accustomed to using a wand, You're magic will be noticeably weaker if you suddenly decide to stop using the wand.

I do want full animal transformations though, Instead of Sims in Frog Costumes, that Toadification Spell was so cheap. How about a real toad, a fish, a Mouse, and if you have Pets you can turn sims into cats and dogs. Glamour Spells, to look like other sims in disguise.

Also Life State transformation spells, I think Making Potions to swap life States is too Easy.

Mmm well considering the team watched like a thousand vampire movies to come up with vampires I think Harry Potter along with other movies could make witches extremely awesome.

I don't really understand the human possessing magic skills, I mean sims can turn into witches by gaining certain characteristics, I mean we don't need CAS to turn normal humans into vampires. Now if you mean humans that won't count as a traditional witch or fall into the stereotype of a witch could cause the whole problem with the Wicca rituals, I personally would love this, but it's obvious that in this community that would cause issues because people start relating it to religion and bla bla bla

I really loved the spells you came up with, I agree the turning sims into animals in the past has been lame, and I hope that if they get added we won't have ridiculous costumes, like the bear ones when turning sims into something else. Since we already have frogs in the game it would be awesome if witches could turn sims into frogs and add them to their collection, and depending on how advanced their skill is they could start getting rare frogs... I would love turning some townies into frogs lol
    21mbz47.jpg
    edited February 2017
    Faeries.

Mmm well considering the team watched like a thousand vampire movies to come up with vampires I think Harry Potter along with other movies could make witches extremely awesome.

I don't really understand the human possessing magic skills, I mean sims can turn into witches by gaining certain characteristics, I mean we don't need CAS to turn normal humans into vampires. Now if you mean humans that won't count as a traditional witch or fall into the stereotype of a witch could cause the whole problem with the Wicca rituals, I personally would love this, but it's obvious that in this community that would cause issues because people start relating it to religion and bla bla bla

I really loved the spells you came up with, I agree the turning sims into animals in the past has been lame, and I hope that if they get added we won't have ridiculous costumes, like the bear ones when turning sims into something else. Since we already have frogs in the game it would be awesome if witches could turn sims into frogs and add them to their collection, and depending on how advanced their skill is they could start getting rare frogs... I would love turning some townies into frogs lol

Focusing on Humans Possessing Magical abilities...

Like The Vampiric Trait, Alien Trait...

I'm calling it the Arcane Ability trait. Which is the trait allows a Sim to do Magic. Because My Speculation is, Sorcerers will have at least a Strengths System... not so much Weaknesses.

Brief Summary of the Spell Book System~
    This System will take the form of a Spell Book UI within the spell book. Are 10 chapters of all Magic from Arcane (which is the Default Chapter I Introduction, basically Where All Sorcerers Start.) from theres They player can unlock chapters, in a non linear fashion and highlight what spells what they want their sims to take away from the chapter.

Meaning you'll need cheats if you want to turn your existing sim into a Sorcerer.

Alternatively Using gameplay, Like vampires you Study Vampire lore. Sims can gain a knowledge of Magic by studying Arcane. Once your sim learns about Conduits... they can then break into a Sorcerer's Home (with a certain mischief skill level).
    Try to locating the Sorcerer's Conduit. The Conduit is the Magical Item that the Sim uses most, It could be one of the following:

-Spell Book - Could be lying around If it's in a book shelf, or storage Unit, that's not The Sorcerer's Inventory your sim can find it.
    -Cauldron
    -Magic Mirror (Enchanted mirror imbued with wither power. Uses to spy, imprison, and get Free Cable.
    -Wand... if they have one.

your sim can gain access to any of these objects, and learned how to use these conduits, they can absorb (A Copy of) The Sorcerer's Arcane ability. Gaining all the powers and abilities, that the Sorcerer has unlocked.

This is the only complex way I think sims should become Sorcerers other than cheats.

add the Only way to Rid yourself of magic is to destroy your conduit. and if you went through the process of absorbing another Sorcerer's powers, then that means you have to destroy their conduit, thus destroying their power too.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Werewolf or wizard. I'm not into witches but I love Gandalf or Saruman. I liked Harry Potter as a small boy but when he began to age I lost interest in those stories. Hogwarts was great the first time, not afterward as things changed and it lost something for me.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    Faeries.

I'm calling it the Arcane Ability trait. Which is the trait allows a Sim to do Magic. Because My Speculation is, Sorcerers will have at least a Strengths System... not so much Weaknesses.

This System will take the form of a Spell Book UI within the spell book. Are 10 chapters of all Magic from Arcane (which is the Default Chapter I Introduction, basically Where All Sorcerers Start.) from theres They player can unlock chapters, in a non linear fashion and highlight what spells what they want their sims to take away from the chapter.

Meaning you'll need cheats if you want to turn your existing sim into a Sorcerer.

Alternatively Using gameplay, Like vampires you Study Vampire lore. Sims can gain a knowledge of Magic by studying Arcane. Once your sim learns about Conduits... they can then break into a Sorcerer's Home (with a certain mischief skill level).
    Try to locating the Sorcerer's Conduit. The Conduit is the Magical Item that the Sim uses most, It could be one of the following:

-Spell Book - Could be lying around If it's in a book shelf, or storage Unit, that's not The Sorcerer's Inventory your sim can find it.
    -Cauldron
    -Magic Mirror (Enchanted mirror imbued with wither power. Uses to spy, imprison, and get Free Cable.

your sim can gain access to any of these objects, and learned how to use these conduits, they can absorb (A Copy of) The Sorcerer's Arcane ability. Gaining all the powers and abilities, that the Sorcerer has unlocked.

This is the only complex way I think sims should become Sorcerers other than cheats.

add the Only way to Rid yourself of magic is to destroy your conduit. and if you went through the process of absorbing another Sorcerer's powers, then that means you have to destroy their conduit, thus destroying their power too.

I love all of this, but I'm not sure if it might be too complex.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • alexanderabdomenalexanderabdomen Posts: 21 Member
    I want witches. It'd be so amazing, and I wouldn't need any mods! I don't really like downloading mods :P
    Faeries.

-Cauldron

Well the idea came from the concept of the Book of Life, and I was hoping If a Sim were to Lose their magic ability by some other means, (Vampire bit them and sapped them of their powers) The Conduit could restore it. the Conduits are just saving and updating your Sorcerer Sim's powers as they use them.
    Adding to it, if the conduits are destroyed, So is the sim's Arcane ability. and any sim can use them and gain the Sorcerer's power.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

• LiseyLisey Posts: 195 Member
    Fairies, in their own gamepack! I loved customizing the wings in Sims 3. :)
    Faeries.

-Cauldron

Well the idea came from the concept of the Book of Life, and I was hoping If a Sim were to Lose their magic ability by some other means, (Vampire bit them and sapped them of their powers) The Conduit could restore it. the Conduits are just saving and updating your Sorcerer Sim's powers as they use them.
    Adding to it, if the conduits are destroyed, So is the sim's Arcane ability. and any sim can use them and gain the Sorcerer's power.

They would have to add a lot more than just wizards and witches for that. It sounds really cool though. I definitely see witches as a potential GP so maybe they could add some of those features specially the arcane abilities.
    Lisey wrote: »
    Fairies, in their own gamepack! I loved customizing the wings in Sims 3. :)

I really want to see fairies soon as well, but idk if in a GP just because I think they can't have a GP for each occult and witches have way more content than fairies. Some amazing CAS could be added with a supernatural EP, cause I don't think they are enough for a GP but they also require more work than just being an addition of some random EP like aliens , so they can be done properly. I think in TS3 fairies were pretty cool, i don't know if I would change much, just better CAS, but TS4 already has great CAS so I'm already counting on it.
    21mbz47.jpg