Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need Help With MC Command Center? Ask *HERE*! **INACTIVE THREAD**

Comments

• CyclelegsCyclelegs Posts: 375 Member
    I don't have any babies in this game to check a bassinet, though. But they showed up on my sim (shift click on self) and on the chess table (shift click there) she's standing next to.
    Thought I would do a check because I have never 'Shift + Clicked' on a bassinet. I have the missing text as well. At least I know what it does but I would probably (I hope) have recognised the 'Object' Testing Cheat Menu. I am off out for a bit but I will do some testing later.
  • egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    Cyclelegs wrote: »
    I don't have any babies in this game to check a bassinet, though. But they showed up on my sim (shift click on self) and on the chess table (shift click there) she's standing next to.
    Thought I would do a check because I have never 'Shift + Clicked' on a bassinet. I have the missing text as well. At least I know what it does but I would probably (I hope) have recognised the 'Object' Testing Cheat Menu. I am off out for a bit but I will do some testing later.

That's 3.2.0 though, right? I *don't* have it in 3.1.1, but I also don't have an occupied bassinet handy.

Someone else reported that being a 3.2.0 issue, at Patreon. But AFAIK @CrazyboutTheSims is using 3.1.1.

Still wondering if "vampire vs 3.1.1" might have anything to do with it. But it *could* be something starting in 3.1.1 if it's still there in 3.2.0. I dunno. Little bit over my head, here, but still not giving up.

Work prep time has just landed. Back in the AM!
  • CrazyboutTheSimsCrazyboutTheSims Posts: 2,739 Member
    @CrazyboutTheSims what happens if you try shift-clicking on a PERSON?

I just loaded my game to check, all the debug stuff is showing up fine here. On people and objects both.

You keep talking about mods, but you haven't said much about your cc. Did you do it the way I suggested, vanilla to see if it works, and then with just MC to see if it works like that? I mean, Resource.cfg file and /MC in /Mods. Nothing else.

The more you post, the surer I am you have either old mods or (more likely IMO) old cc that is causing trouble now.

Can you get me a screenshot (or list) of everything you're trying to add to the game (like an "expanded" /Mods folder picture)? If I don't see whatever-it-is that's blown up now, maybe @rosemow will. I know there's a thread here for patch-broken files, but I don't have that link handy.

You don't NEED to keep the Troubleshooter PDF in /MC... but I wrote that up for people with install issues, game and mc both. Worth hanging onto for post-patch silliness (like this...), if nothing else. But somewhere other than in /MC is fine.

And if you delete it, there's a link to it in my sig here. ;) (Including a DOC link for people needing to translate it from English.)
    yes it would have been helpful knowing what the blank button was for or I would still have my baby.. and the debug command must be a part of mccc because it wasn't enabled in the vanilla game..

without mccc
    Untitled9_zpsbflosulg.jpg

I shift clicked with both pics.. with and with out the mod installed.. I didn't think it was mccc but how do you explain it? I'm only getting the blank button with mccc installed

yes I guess you missed my post where I said I tried a vanilla game and then only added mccc..
    Must say I'm shocked at the result of only adding mc command center.. here are the pics with and without mc command center mod.

without
    without%20mc%20command_zps1xasiicj.jpg

with
    with%20mc%20command_zpsetllmhjq.jpg

I don't know what is causing the problem but its definitely something in my mods folder..
    here are list of everything in my mods folder

Untitled236_zpsobr68hbm.jpg

Untitled237_zpsxhbfpfjl.jpg

Untitled238_zpsqxcygel8.jpg

Untitled235_zpsdbvfcstl.jpg

grr not letting me post
    I have a lot more but it won't let me post them.. it says body is 5 characters too short...
    I did everything that you and rosemow suggested.. Its something in my mods folder.. I'm going to separate the mods from cc and test it with just the cc
    OK, I ran this on my No Mods game with all my mods and CC removed. Enabling 'testingcheats true' in the cheats command line and then using shift+click on the bassinet gives me a pie menu and the button with the missing text. If I disable testing cheats ('testingcheats off') then I get the standard pie menu.

@CrazyboutTheSims I don't think this is linked to Mods or CC per se. If you have a Mod, such as MCCC, that will enable 'Testing Cheats' then you will get the 'Shift+Click' pie menu. The missing text appears to be game generated because it will still happen without any CC or Mods loaded as long as you have 'Testing Cheats' enabled.
    Cyclelegs wrote: »
    OK, I ran this on my No Mods game with all my mods and CC removed. Enabling 'testingcheats true' in the cheats command line and then using shift+click on the bassinet gives me a pie menu and the button with the missing text. If I disable testing cheats ('testingcheats off') then I get the standard pie menu.

@CrazyboutTheSims I don't think this is linked to Mods or CC per se. If you have a Mod, such as MCCC, that will enable 'Testing Cheats' then you will get the 'Shift+Click' pie menu. The missing text appears to be game generated because it will still happen without any CC or Mods loaded as long as you have 'Testing Cheats' enabled.

that's interesting never thought it might be testingcheats.. as I always play with that on.. thanks so much for testing. I will test it in my game also.. I did test it on other objects and the only object I see a blank button is on the baby crib..
    that's interesting never thought it might be testingcheats.. as I always play with that on.. thanks so much for testing. I will test it in my game also.. I did test it on other objects and the only object I see a blank button is on the baby crib..

Me too. Just the bassinet. All the other objects and people have all the text correctly in the 'shift+click' pie menu.

CQZaYZp.jpg No mods no CC, just testingcheats true.
    that's strange what made you think to check that? I just checked it in my game and disabled it in mccc and also in the command box and when I shift clicked on the bassinet the menu was normal.. I'm so happy you found the answer.. thank you so much. :):)<3
  • MysticFaeMysticFae Posts: 82 Member
    I noticed that you have the mod UI Cheats Extension 1.7. It has been updated to 1.8 now. That could be causing the problem. It's worth checking out.
    My Rebuild Willow Creek Updates:
    mysticfae24.tumblr.com/

Orgin Id: Mystic_Fae
  • WarMinisterAkhnaWarMinisterAkhna Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi, I'm brand new to this and I have a question about the pregnancy module. I don't want Sims to get pregnant (or married) autonomously. If I'm understanding it correctly, it seems the purpose of the mod is to allow autonomous pregnancy to happen so should I just delete the script file for it? Thanks :)
    Hi, I'm brand new to this and I have a question about the pregnancy module. I don't want Sims to get pregnant (or married) autonomously. If I'm understanding it correctly, it seems the purpose of the mod is to allow autonomous pregnancy to happen so should I just delete the script file for it? Thanks :)

Nah, that isn't necessary. If you don't want any pregnancies or marriages to happen, there are 2 settings you can fix for that.

"Marriage_PercentAdjustment":

Computer > MCCC > MC Pregnancy > Marriage Sim Selection > Marriage Percent Adjustment

and

"Pregnancy_PercentAdjustment":

Computer > MCCC > MC Pregnancy > Pregnant Sim Selection > Pregnancy Percent Adjustment

Range on both of those is -100 to 100, 0 default. If you set them to -100, no marriages or babies will come from MC's midnight alarms.
    MysticFae wrote: »
    I noticed that you have the mod UI Cheats Extension 1.7. It has been updated to 1.8 now. That could be causing the problem. It's worth checking out.

thank you for the information, I will update it.. but with turning off the testingcheats did the trick..
  • WarMinisterAkhnaWarMinisterAkhna Posts: 2 New Member
    egwarhammer, thanks so much, that's exactly what I needed. :)
  • DenimjoDenimjo Posts: 213 Member
    Is there a setting in MCCC to adjust the base ratings of multiple births? I saw a mod on MTS that had the odds I wanted but it hasn't been updated since June of last year and is obsolete.
    Zl8Iuk9.jpg
    Denimjo wrote: »
    Is there a setting in MCCC to adjust the base ratings of multiple births? I saw a mod on MTS that had the odds I wanted but it hasn't been updated since June of last year and is obsolete.

"Pregnancy_MaxHouseholdChildren": Computer > MCCC > MC Pregnancy > Offspring > Maximum Household Children

This one ^^ goes up to 50, it's about how many children a sim can have in their lifetime.

"Pregnancy_MaxOffspring": Computer > MCCC > MC Pregnancy > Offspring > Maximum Offspring

This one ^^ goes from 1-6, which will give you more babies per birth (depending on RNG). I leave mine on 2, I personally don't NEED triplets or more born to a family at once. Twins=plenty at a time, IMO. (YMMV thing, of course.)

The higher you set it, the more likely you are to see multiple births. (You could set it to 6 and delete the "extra" kids in MH you don't want, if the game happens to be feeling overly generous when babies are born... just a thought.) Getting rid of extra babies in MH... transfer them into a different household, and then delete it. Drastic, maybe, but definitely doable.

What are you trying to do, exactly? The Sim Pregnancy submenu gives you a lot of options for "birth result manipulation"... we can probably get to what you want, I just need more details... and maybe a little more wake up time. Just crawled out of bed again a few minutes ago. Little fuzzy still. ;)
    Guess what? We've had the "incoming" message I always look for... 3.2.0 is getting CLOSER! :smiley:
    Just as an update, I am taking some days off towards the end of this week so my plan is to try to get 3.2.0 out this weekend. I know I've had several people asking, so that's my goal currently. Thanks!

http://modthesims.info/download.php?p=5163119#post5163119

Days off for DP=win. We'll be seeing 3.2.0 SOON, now. I'll keep an eye on it. ;)

He posted that about 5 minutes before I woke up. That's timing! :) And you know I had to rib him a little... "of COURSE it isn't coming till almost time for me to go back to work"... SOP there. (That's *also* some of his usual timing, just, IMO not as nifty as what happened tonight. :wink: ) Hahaha! (not a direct quote, what I said, but, it's close.)

Almost time to remove "patient" from in front of "anticipation" re 3.2.0. Hang out, we're on the way to it for real, now! :)
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Guess what? We've had the "incoming" message I always look for... 3.2.0 is getting CLOSER! :smiley:
    Just as an update, I am taking some days off towards the end of this week so my plan is to try to get 3.2.0 out this weekend. I know I've had several people asking, so that's my goal currently. Thanks!

Days off for DP=win. We'll be seeing 3.2.0 SOON, now. I'll keep an eye on it. ;)

He posted that about 5 minutes before I woke up. That's timing! :) And you know I had to rib him a little... "of COURSE it isn't coming till almost time for me to go back to work"... SOP there. (That's *also* some of his usual timing, just, IMO not as nifty as what happened tonight. :wink: ) Hahaha! (not a direct quote, what I said, but, it's close.)

Almost time to remove "patient" from in front of "anticipation" re 3.2.0. Hang out, we're on the way to it for real, now! :)

i think i read somewhere your off this week but i could be wrong.
    edited February 2017
    By the way, I've looked at the 3.2.0 changes, and it's a pretty safe bet some of what's coming is going to wash out chunks of those MC Paths I just posted. Meh. Copy/Paste and I go way back.

Updating that will probably go on my list right after getting out extra links, once everything is available. ;) I knew it'd be an ongoing project.

(Edit, if there are changes to the extra part, I'll try to fix those paths first, so I can add that to the PM, too. Just thought of it. But I don't really expect a lot of new-menu action, there. Moreso in some of the main parts.) /edit

BTW... @Bonxie can I share that spreadsheet you made, here? Or, would you? It's your thing, IMO YOU should be the one to turn it loose... but it's awesome enough that unless you say NO, if you don't post it, I will. ;) I almost just did, but, decided to ask, first. <3

(I'm just that way, neat stuff is to be shared... you should know that about me, by now. Haha!)
    Post edited by egwarhammer on

*I* am off All This Week (next work, next Monday night, unless called in, I'm scheduled off for my usual 2nd-shift Sunday... yay!).

Deaderpool is taking some days off later this week, that's what I quoted. He said that, not me. ;) (I can see why that could be confusing, though.)

• friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

*I* am off All This Week (next work, next Monday night, unless called in, I'm scheduled off for my usual 2nd-shift Sunday... yay!).

Deaderpool is taking some days off later this week, that's what I quoted. He said that, not me. ;) (I can see why that could be confusing, though.)

no i read a update you made on your page that said you were off but i wasn't sure if it was new or old then i did read that deadpool also had days off coming. so not confused.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top