Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why Doesn't My Sim Run?

What's wrong with him? Everyone else ( if they have a long distance to go such as in WB) runs, he never runs. Ever! not one time. He just walks all the way. No matter if I tell him to go collect something or if I tell him to 'go here'. He is the only one in my played households who won't. What's wrong with him? He doesn't have any traits that might cause this that I know of. He is a klepto. A bookworm. He also is the only one who never analyzes books (which I'm glad about that it can get annoying) but reads them. And I can't remember his other trait but has an extra one for observant. It takes him a very long time to get anywhere.
"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

Comments

• ActuallySammyActuallySammy Posts: 299 Member
    nothing wrong with him some sims just dont run.
    Origin id: ActuallySammy
    If you want to respond to me please make sure to @ me.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,560 Member
    Maybe, he has bad feet? Bad feet can keep one from running. At any rate, I would just click on the three >>> to make him get to his destination a bit faster.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • FigwitFigwit Posts: 1,072 Member
    Is he lazy? Sims with the lazy trait tend to walk, not run.
  • ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    edited February 2017
    I have a Sim that doesn't like to run, too. He's smug as heck so I figure he does it just to annoy me. His traits are insane, music lover and romantic, so nothing that should make him opposed to running. At least he's a vampire now so he just teleports everywhere and saves me the frustration, lol. When he was human, though, he would never run.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,596 Member
    Get him to level 10 of the fitness/body skill and then you can tell him to jog here. :tongue:
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited February 2017
    To answer above questions. No, he isn't lazy. I would rather not build up his body skills because he is supposed to be an overweight guy. And was wondering why 'running' isn't universal. Since there are times I also wish they wouldn't when it's just a short distant on the other hand and they ruin a screen shot. Seems it doesn't make sense.

ETA: I'm beginning to think when we choose a Sim in CAS to use as a base to start building a Sim they come with left over traits from somewhere though CAS Sims shouldn't have any traits.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    phantom traits are real #YouRule

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA

Thank you. Could you post the exact link because the link takes me to many different subjects and not this particular one (about phantom traits)?
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    To answer above questions. No, he isn't lazy. I would rather not build up his body skills because he is supposed to be an overweight guy. And was wondering why 'running' isn't universal. Since there are times I also wish they wouldn't when it's just a short distant on the other hand and they ruin a screen shot. Seems it doesn't make sense.

ETA: I'm beginning to think when we choose a Sim in CAS to use as a base to start building a Sim they come with left over traits from somewhere though CAS Sims shouldn't have any traits.
    I think if said Sim has ever been in-game, then saved to CAS, and that is your reference point, then changing traits can end up with phantom ones. I believe there's a way to reset them, though I'm not sure what it is.

Pinging @luthienrising she might know.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
    Triplis wrote: »

I think if said Sim has ever been in-game, then saved to CAS, and that is your reference point, then changing traits can end up with phantom ones. I believe there's a way to reset them, though I'm not sure what it is.

Pinging @luthienrising she might know.

No, that's not what I said. I said when you go into CAS to build a Sim to play I think those Sims have hidden traits or phantom traits and nothing to do with editing traits. Because out of all the hundreds of Sims I have he is the only one who never runs that I have ever noticed.
    No, that's not what I said. I said when you go into CAS to build a Sim to play I think those Sims have hidden traits or phantom traits and nothing to do with editing traits. Because out of all the hundreds of Sims I have he is the only one who never runs that I have ever noticed.
    In that case, I don't know. I've never heard of a sim that is created fresh having hidden traits. If it is the case, it's not something I know anything about.

Are all of your sims the same weight? Was the one who walked more tired than the others?
    edited February 2017
    In that case, I don't know. I've never heard of a sim that is created fresh having hidden traits. If it is the case, it's not something I know anything about.

Are all of your sims the same weight? Was the one who walked more tired than the others?

No, he lives alone in a cabin in WB. He never runs anywhere. But I have eight other households on that island and in that world, and they all run if they have to go some distance. No, he seems pretty normal other than that and his klepto trait autonomous actions. I find it particularly interesting, too, all my other bookworms examine books he never has..lol. Maybe that's a good thing on that trait.

ETA: Maybe klepto keeps this Sim from running? It's about the only thing that would make sense if they need to keep him at a normal speed (walking) instead of running? so he can autonomously steal sometimes.

No, he lives alone in a cabin in WB. He never runs anywhere. But I have eight other households on that island and in that world, and they all run if they have to go some distance. No, he seems pretty normal other than that and his klepto trait autonomous actions. I find it particularly interesting, too, all my other bookworms examine books he never has..lol. Maybe that's a good thing on that trait.

ETA: Maybe klepto keeps this Sim from running? It's about the only thing that would make sense if they need to keep him at a normal speed (walking) instead of running? so he can autonomously steal sometimes.
    Odd. Not sure. All I can think is fitness skill level and weight as a possible factor? changing how likely the sim is to run.

If there is some hidden thing about it that is just a default "don't run" for no apparent reason, that would be weird.
    edited February 2017

Odd. Not sure. All I can think is fitness skill level and weight as a possible factor? changing how likely the sim is to run.

If there is some hidden thing about it that is just a default "don't run" for no apparent reason, that would be weird.

I agree. I don't think he has any fitness skill that I can remember. I will check. But yes, he is weird since he will walk that path all the way from the top of the hill in WB (island) to the beach...or vice versa etc. And seeing him just mosey along in other places in game like walking to the invisible portals to go home etc. when most Sims will run toward those markers etc. Or going to a community lot where the game portal may be a distance from the lot's entrance point. Most Sims will run to that point until they enter a lot, he doesn't, he just walks.

• Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    edited February 2017
    @Cinebar

Thank you. Could you post the exact link because the link takes me to many different subjects and not this particular one (about phantom traits)?

officially there are no phantom traits
    maybe the devs don't know it or they don't want to know it or they don't talk about it
    there are no threads specifically about phantom traits
    & since nearly nobody cared ever about that, so there is no info or help or whatever
    you're on your own on that probably, sorry

edit
    one thread about that from years ago
    Okay, I can't explain this... <<<

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    I've had a few Sims that I could swear had phantom traits as well, and not from changing traits in CAS after they had been placed in the world. I don't mind it really because it adds more dimension to their personality.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Mine use to always run everywhere too. Except of course the lazy ones.. but now I have some without lazy traits that walk and it can drive me crazy. I started noticing it on vacation because I have them run around gathering plants and insects whenever they aren't taking care of needs. I can't seem to find a reason for it but I'm thinking how tired they are might affect some of them and also mood. I am branching out and giving more traits. No kleptos though ;)...
    egTcBMc.png
  • sleekoduck87sleekoduck87 Posts: 255 Member
    Most of my Sims don't run. The runners in my game are in the minority.
    I'm working on adding my mods to Curseforge. In the mean time, check out my YouTube channel & WordPress blog for more. I go by Sleekoduck. I'm also the one who figured out how to play The Sims 2 in Windows 8 and the original fix is on Facebook & LiveJournal. Thanks for the 100 Awesomes everyone!6a00e54ee3905b883301bb07e55862970.jpg
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    Is he a fat/overweight sim?

They tend not to run. If not, then I don't know.

--T