Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help with sidewalks...

...and how to make them invisible? I know it has something to do with the opacity, I've done it once before, but I can't remember for the life of me how? I like how my paths look and would like to keep them looking like that and would appreciate some advice, thank you!

Comments

• Options
    OilbasedoleanderOilbasedoleander Posts: 2,967 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Hi :)

Yes, use an Invisible opaque texture for the sidewalk opacity slot (it would be black, iirc).

Ah thank you for answering. Is this a texture i can make or is there one I can download?
  • Options
    OilbasedoleanderOilbasedoleander Posts: 2,967 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    You can make it or download it... Let me see what I can find.

Okay- I just used a 256x256 black .png (I made) in both the Opacity Map sections of the sidewalks and it worked fine.
    It won't be hidden from a distance- whatever sidewalk tile you pic will show then so try and find something which will blend. But for close up, it works fine.

I also have used Water_Cat1s - WC1 streetTile_nothing.dds for both roads and sidewalks for years.

It's on the first page of the FAQ CAW page under all the terrain textures- linked before instructions but after all the pretty pictures in that one post.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/3734964/#Comment_3734964

Water_Cat1s French Road Texture
    and it's in the Misc folder.

If you want to download it. :)

Perfeeecccctttt thank you so much I'll try to make my own then. :) Much appreciated!
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Cool. Let us know how it works out. :)