Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ghost Need Changing

2...Next

Comments

• DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member

Also, I don't fully agree with your OP. The ideas are really nice and all, but they only seem to fit this "haunting, not human anymore, scary" ghost type. There are other (nicer, more civilised/human, benevolent) ghosts too though, and I think those should be part of this too. Putting all ghosts into one stereotypical pot would be a step back from what they are now: Ghosts that are very different depending on their death type.
    Some are mischievous and annoying and like to scare people, yes, but hunger ghosts for example just want to satisfy their extreme hunger, and overexhaustion ghosts are actually rather calm and peaceful.

Better yet - it should depend on their traits. Good ghost shouldn't scare them, while Mean one's are the one's that often do it. Evil ghost should enjoying of scaring ghosts. I think regardless on what their traits, sims should still have some kind of moodlet or emotion of fright (nothing magor) when witnessing one in their presence.

NNpYlHF.jpg
  • PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member

Also, I don't fully agree with your OP. The ideas are really nice and all, but they only seem to fit this "haunting, not human anymore, scary" ghost type. There are other (nicer, more civilised/human, benevolent) ghosts too though, and I think those should be part of this too. Putting all ghosts into one stereotypical pot would be a step back from what they are now: Ghosts that are very different depending on their death type.
    Some are mischievous and annoying and like to scare people, yes, but hunger ghosts for example just want to satisfy their extreme hunger, and overexhaustion ghosts are actually rather calm and peaceful.

Better yet - it should depend on their traits. Good ghost shouldn't scare them, while Mean one's are the one's that often do it. Evil ghost should enjoying of scaring ghosts. I think regardless on what their traits, sims should still have some kind of moodlet or emotion of fright (nothing magor) when witnessing one in their presence.
    For that highlighted part, maybe the normal Sims should be able to get used to a ghost, losing their fright of that particular ghost. Should be easier for former family members, harder for total strangers that they never knew.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Agree/disagree on needs.

Ghosts should only have Fun, Energy, and Social, I agree they're just a mere projection of the form they use to take. they don't have a bladder, they don't hunger to satisfy, or a body to wash.

I agree with possessing Living entities.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
    If energy fulfilnment is somehow different exclusive (it would just be weird if goes had to sleep in beds rather in their tombstones)
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    I totally agree!
    Ghosts should NOT have needs! It's absurd they do.
    I know EA rushed to put ghosts back into The Sims, but hopefully someone notices how badly they are programmed and creates a fix/patch. While I love the idea of ghost sims, they are so poorly done I almost never bother incorporating any into my stories.
    The new Vampire GP (which I LOVE!) gives me hope that more *Super Naturals* will be added and the ghost life state will be worked on.
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    I agree. The problem with ghosts is that they're not even lifestates, they're just transparent sims who cannot have children. Oh yeah, they possess stuff. I guess that's cool... EA/Maxis just needs to make ghosts actual, fleshed out lifestates. Something a mere patch can fix.
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
    edited February 2017

For that highlighted part, maybe the normal Sims should be able to get used to a ghost, losing their fright of that particular ghost. Should be easier for former family members, harder for total strangers that they never knew.

I like this. That would go well with my "an old households moves out (for other reasons; their got used to the haunting household), while the new family moves him and start shaking cand peeing around the places when frighten by the poltergeist" storyline, If I ever think of doing such one.

It's really an interest concept, and I think it is an accurate representation irl too (or fictional culture - if you don't believe them).

ETA: speaking of a storyline, thinking about it: Oliver Specter would fit in well and would make sense for her not to poop pants everytime she encounters her homicide victims :D
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    Ghost's will have the following needs: social, fun, and hunger.

Ghosts don't need to eat. They should be like Grim Reaper.
    Ghost's will have the following needs: social, fun, and hunger.

Ghosts don't need to eat. They should be like Grim Reaper.

It is an conceptual thing. Someone suggested that they feed themselves of the fears from others.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    No hunger, bladder, or sleep please.
  • PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    No hunger, bladder, or sleep please.

And no hygiene. How do you manage to make "nothing" dirty, so that "nothing" begins to smell?
  • AndygalAndygal Posts: 1,280 Member
    I just want ghost babies back because they were cool.
    Andygal wrote: »

That wouldn't sense, considering that's condradicting the idea of death and giving life, but I'm gonna add to the list anyway.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • kinot9229kinot9229 Posts: 528 Member
    I don't think that ghosts should have hunger need.
    But the other ideas are awesome. I really like them.
    Keeping my fingers crossed that ghosts would get an overhaul in the future.
  • AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member

That wouldn't sense, considering that's condradicting the idea of death and giving life, but I'm gonna add to the list anyway.

The idea of ghost babies is kinda morbid though.

The idea of ghost babies is kinda morbid though.

Still, I think it would be nice If they were in a hidden code or something, that could only be unlocked through mods or whatever, While babies don't die and I don't think they will ever stop being immune, I think it would be still nice to add them for the... *what's the term of describing players who like dark stuff?* who like to make a storyline of babies/toddlers who "died" in the game.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • TJKazuha09TJKazuha09 Posts: 74 Member
    I kinda want a deadly ghost that could kill sims with curse or fear, just like every ghost in the movies. They are too friendly for my taste right now. Not that I'm against friendly ghost though, i find friendly ghost interesting too.

They need to implement fear soon or maybe they can patch in witches with these ghost changes.
  • NymphieaNymphiea Posts: 254 Member
    I love this to bits and pieces!
    Gen1.png
    Come check out my Sims 4 legacy story! We're on generation one currently.
    It's Just Another Story
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    These are awesome ideas!
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • geoffreypageoffreypa Posts: 355 Member
    In the sims 3 we were able to have Ghost babies. All people are asking is to have them back I loved my ghost babies, oh and defiantly like the ideas coming in this thread.
  • Simmer_chiyenSimmer_chiyen Posts: 362 Member
    This please! Halloween is right around the corner, patch team should read this asap!
  • jomilejjomilej Posts: 190 Member
    I would love seeing ghosts being improved; It would be cool for exemple to possess another sim, that way we can "indirectly" control the possessed sim during a certain time! Also with the death by flower scent, EA assured that Sims can kill other sims, my sim accidently killed an elder because I didn't know that death flower scent would age him up so kill him! That's why ghosts should be able to scare other sims to death, or at least elders. And the hunger need doesn't make sense at all, neither the hygiene need. Maybe energy, fun and social but the rest is weird for ghosts.