Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So NO rabbit CAS in pets?

I mean WHY would there be horses CAS as an uncommon kind of pet but not a common pet rabbit CAS, when you cannot use horses as traveling tool running around open world? :'( There are variable breeds of rabbits with different fur types, ear types, colors and sizes. They are definitely more popular and relatable than horses.

You may see the breeds here:
http://www.rabbitbreeds.org/all-rabbit-breeds.php

They have different personalities too. Some of them are more afraid of noises and some of them like causing troubles. Some of them are clingy and some of them are energetic and like jumping around the house. :p

Rabbits can be living in the house like cats and dogs in real life. That's what my little bunny does. I don't want rabbits in sims to be interactive objects inside a cage.

If someone in the development team sees this, please take this as a consideration. Thanks a lot! :)

Comments

• Options
    DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited February 2017
    I mean WHY would there be horses CAS as an uncommon kind of pet but not a common pet rabbit CAS, when you cannot use horses as traveling tool running around open world?

1.Rabbits aren't that kind of interest.
    2. If you think horses are only traveling tool running purpose-only, than I can argue that rabbits aren't usually the free-roaming animal, therefor they should stay as an objects.

Nevertheless, I do agree on the whole idea. The Sims 4 is really lacking of anything NEW in the game. We need playable and cas rabbits.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    simgamesimgame Posts: 538 Member
    'Whe horses and no rabbits' Well I'm sorry but the most simmers care more about horses than rabbits, to me it seems kinda random to include rabbits in cas. It's fine for you to have your own opinion tho :smile:
  • Options
    AndygalAndygal Posts: 1,280 Member
    Most people aren't that interested in rabbits, a lot of people are interested in horses.
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    Rabbits are so cute ! I would love rabbits too :)
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Rabbits could be added. They've added smaller animals in previous EP's - birds, guinea pigs, squirrels, lizards, etc. Now they probably won't have very many specific animations, because the packs general focus will be on the larger animals: dogs, cats, and potentially horses.

• Options
    BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    Are there any new news about pets or why does @chingyu1023 know that there will be no rabbits?
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Options
    ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    Just because you probably won't be able to create rabbits in CAS doesn't mean they won't be included as a minor pets like birds and lizards were in the past. Maybe there will be a rabbit cage object with several types of rabbits to choose from, like the bird cage usually has several types of birds to pick from.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • Options
    CharKittyBooCharKittyBoo Posts: 569 Member
    I lot of people are bashing rabbits here :D poor fluffy little guys! I'd love rabbits in TS4. I'd expect if they were added they'd be restricted to a caged or fenced in area, but if they were fenced in outside you could still send your sims out to play with them! I'm not in any way a horse-lover, so I'd use rabbits way more than horses, but breeding with either would be fun!
    I'm not expecting horses to be all that great, I expect many will take the addition of horses as a reminder that TS4 doesn't have an open world and in that sense in much more restrictive than previous games (kinda like the uproar with not being able to build your own apartment complex but not as extreme). I'm hoping for a variety of rodents (rabbits included) cause kids still really need more gameplay. I don't expect cas for them, but that just means I'll be doing even more breeding and I'm not complaining about that (HURRAY FOR ALL THE TINY ANIMALS!) Maybe they'll add in a pet shop and we can all experiment with breeding there and then have sims buy the one we think suits them. I can dream.
    Family player we got toddlers...my life is complete 1/12/17 best. day. ever.
    7ZDKKOkt.png
    My Plum Family Tree
  • Options
    FrejaFreja Posts: 159 Member
    horse lovers everywhere :joy:<3 but I would love to see wabbits in cas and not in cages. they are such sweet and social animals. my sim children would be crying all over their freezer bunny paintings if they won't be able to befriend them :worried:
  • Options
    ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    edited February 2017
    I lot of people are bashing rabbits here :D poor fluffy little guys! I'd love rabbits in TS4. I'd expect if they were added they'd be restricted to a caged or fenced in area, but if they were fenced in outside you could still send your sims out to play with them! I'm not in any way a horse-lover, so I'd use rabbits way more than horses, but breeding with either would be fun!
    I'm not expecting horses to be all that great, I expect many will take the addition of horses as a reminder that TS4 doesn't have an open world and in that sense in much more restrictive than previous games (kinda like the uproar with not being able to build your own apartment complex but not as extreme). I'm hoping for a variety of rodents (rabbits included) cause kids still really need more gameplay. I don't expect cas for them, but that just means I'll be doing even more breeding and I'm not complaining about that (HURRAY FOR ALL THE TINY ANIMALS!) Maybe they'll add in a pet shop and we can all experiment with breeding there and then have sims buy the one we think suits them. I can dream.

I do agree with you, I don't really care for horses and I rarely used them in TS3, they need too much space and most Sims 4 lots are so small I don't see how they're going to be very playable. I'd rather have rabbits, too, but I'm hoping that even if they aren't CAS-able that they'll be added as a minor pet at least. I'd rather have exotic pets like foxes or owls over horses, too. I know it's not cool to have stuff like that as pets in real life but this is a fantasy game so I'd like to indulge my wish to have a fox for a pet in a digital manner, lol.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    If rabbits are included, I would consider them as an option for a pet for my sims. Like many other animals, I know they can make great pets. I don't think this needs to be about rabbits vs. horses. It will feel like a step backwards if horses don't get included in 4 at all. After the toddler update, I look forward to seeing what they will do with pets this time.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    just because we haven't seen them in cas does not mean they wont be
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    budewarminbudewarmin Posts: 371 Member
    I never played with horses in sims 3, went as far as to remove them entirely from my game. I would prefer rabbits ways more, horses just take too mush space and sims 4 does not have that much of it to begin with.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I'd love to see bunnies as a housepet option! I lived with a rabbit for a year or so. They've got personality and are such troublemakers (well, that rabbit was) that it could be fun. But I've seen more requests for guinea pigs or hamsters as housepets than rabbits.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    TJKazuha09TJKazuha09 Posts: 74 Member
    You know what? You probably want to have CAS for every single minor pets instead. I can ask for the same thing for butterflies with your argument.

Plus, I think Horses are a lot more interesting than rabbits.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I'd love to see bunnies as a housepet option! I lived with a rabbit for a year or so. They've got personality and are such troublemakers (well, that rabbit was) that it could be fun. But I've seen more requests for guinea pigs or hamsters as housepets than rabbits.
    Yay, guinea pigs ftw :p
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    Some of the replies in this thread are really off. I think putting horses into a closed world is an absolutely ridiculous idea, no matter how many people are assumed to like them more. There aren't even any cars, so where would sims ride a horse? Around a 2x2 lot? That doesn't sound very exciting.

I agree with you OP, rabbits would seen to suit TS4 more than a useless horse.

Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    Agree with Pary, I really loooooove horses (in real life) but I absolutely can't imagine horses in the sims 4 where there is no space and no open world.
    But let's see...
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Options
    HeidrHeidr Posts: 148 Member
    By the time they add Horse/Cars, they probably have implemented a new concept that makes it possible for dynamic gameplay in your home lot. But then, you have to remember that we used to own car in a 10x10 lot (Sims2) and it's even animated beautifully unlike the teleporting car in sims 3. Also, don't forget about the future. Maybe they'll be making a car that a sim can keep in their pocket or a magical horse that can be summoned like a familiar.

But btw, I like almost all animals, but I find it unfair and unnecessary if a minor pet like rabbit can be edited in CAS. The most possible customization implementation is to make them able to be styled like objects. I wouldn't want to wait for many months for that though, unless they are going to add dragons or other mythical creatures as minor pets.

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Pary wrote: »
    Some of the replies in this thread are really off. I think putting horses into a closed world is an absolutely ridiculous idea, no matter how many people are assumed to like them more. There aren't even any cars, so where would sims ride a horse? Around a 2x2 lot? That doesn't sound very exciting.

I guess it's a good thing that we don't have any 2x2 lots, then, isn't it! We do, however, have large lots and some very large neighbourhoods, which can be pathed for Sims (and presumably horses) without needing roads wide enough for cars, and there's no reason to think that horses couldn't be ridden right through that whole neighbourhood, or even be programmed to head out and use a whole mostly-pasture neighbourhood surrounding a lot. Yes, there will always be people who prefer an entire open world, but it's simply not true that we're limited to tiny lots in our activity in this game.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Pary wrote: »

1) "There aren't even any cars" --Present simple tense! Are doesn't mean there won't be + The Sims 2 was closed world and had cars.

2. 2x2 is a problem? Then why not introduced a new world with bigger lots, or better yet: an in-game world edittor.

NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    TJKazuha09 wrote: »
    You know what? You probably want to have CAS for every single minor pets instead. I can ask for the same thing for butterflies with your argument.

Butterflies aren't actually house pets and comparing them to rabbits blutterflies don't "do much". Like, I don't think they could do enough interactions to stand out as something playable, and there aren't much animations that would make them an outstanding creatures. It would just be absurb to make them playable, while rabbits aren't much that "minor" as you think they would.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    budewarminbudewarmin Posts: 371 Member
    I feel this community is too much about this vs that actually. I wish there would not be a need for people to fight over bunnies or horses, because lets face it saying that horses are more important will do nothing to convince bunny lovers that their beloved pets are not important and the same goes for horse lovers. It would be better to have both possibilities, since sims is known as a game with tons of possibility it actually seems odd that fans fight over which fans deserve their game style and which dont. Having the choice of both in CAS would be most optimal solution I think.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    TJKazuha09 wrote: »

If you had a CASt then a CAS for butterflies would be awesome :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    budewarmin wrote: »
    I feel this community is too much about this vs that actually. I wish there would not be a need for people to fight over bunnies or horses, because lets face it saying that horses are more important will do nothing to convince bunny lovers that their beloved pets are not important and the same goes for horse lovers. It would be better to have both possibilities, since sims is known as a game with tons of possibility it actually seems odd that fans fight over which fans deserve their game style and which dont. Having the choice of both in CAS would be most optimal solution I think.

And butterflies.... (jk)
    NNpYlHF.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top