Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

will ea enable breastfeeding for the toddlers??

Comments

• Options
    tasmabeltasmabel Posts: 207 Member
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    Movotti wrote: »
    edit: got the stats for that statement? Also before you answer... have in mind that the recommended age to stop feeding your child is between 6 months and a year... however it's up to the mother to decide that... but the recommended time is that :)
    Where's your misinformation coming from?

I have never heard of anyone recomending that women stop bf between 6 and 12 months. I have only ever heard of women being encouraged to breastfeed for as long as they can, past 6 months is a good start, past 12 months is better.

In cultures where there is no pressure to wean, children tend to breastfeed for at least 2 years. The World Health Organization and UNICEF strongly encourage breastfeeding through toddlerhood: ‘Breastmilk is an important source of energy and protein, and helps to protect against disease during the child's second year of life.’ Our biology seems geared to a weaning age of between 2 and a half and 7 years.
    - Australian Breastfeeding Association

Most of the world, as in a lot of Europe, Australia, Africa, South America, seem to be ok with the breastfeeding of toddlers.

No actually, and like I said the final decision is taken by the mother. I like that you had to really look for an answer to get the answer you wanted, that's not even a good site. Most sites suggest moms decide but 6 months to a year it's fine for a baby to stop. I've lived in Asia and South America, women don't breastfeed till babies are that old. Especially cause most people are lactose intolerant. Also even though it's up to the mother, once babies START eating solid food they no longer NEED being breastfed, mothers can still do it, but health wise it won't make a difference. These toddlers in the game have been eating solid for quite a while, it's not even baby food what they eat, they eat food that even adults can eat.

The idea of feeding a human till they are 7 it's just insane lol that's a first-second grader. That's just a full grown child.

Just wanted to let you know that you are wrong about no longer needing breastmilk once solids are introduced. Babies require either or breastmilk or formula for the entire first year as their main source of nutrition. Require. You cannot feed them only solids before a year old. You cannot even give them a lot of water as it has the potential to kill them. It does make a huge difference if you stopped giving a baby formula or breastmilk once you introduced solids. Are you even serious? The WHO and the AAP are pretty explicit on this. Breast milk is no longer nutritionally required after a year (nor formula), but breastmilk can help tremendously with a child's immune system, hydration, sleep cycles, etc beyond a year. The main issue with relying on breastmilk for nutrition past the year mark is that the child is outgrowing the required nutrients that breastmilk alone can give as well as the importance of how language develops (as eating food helps develop the ability to speak). I don't care if mothers breastfeed or not. At least don't spout complete nonsense, though.
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Also you said support healthy babies if you haven't payed attention I will tell you right now that the game does have the feature of breastfeeding a baby .
    Most mothers call their toddlers, their baby. So to support healthy babies, toddlers are auto included. :)
    Like I said, if the game isn't realistic enough for you go mod hunting. Also this game is not a reflection of "real life" yes it's a life simulator, but it's a game that adds unrealistic and fictional features. Or are aliens and vampires part of real life? Nope
    Tell that to those who whine about preteens and preschoolers.
    Also there are many things that happen in real life that won't happen in this game cause it can be offensive or too violent for its users. This game avoids or sugarcoats many things that happen in real life. It's what happens with a T rated game.
    It allowes for LGBT, vampires and aliens. I'm pretty sure there are more people who find those things offensive, than there are who are offended by brastfeeding a 2 year old. Also, what is violent about breastfeeding a toddler??

tasmabel wrote: »
    I notice that mostly people who are not mothers have strong opposition to this lol.
    I'm not a parent, but I'm all for breastfeeding!
    The WHO and the AAP are pretty explicit on this. Breast milk is no longer nutritionally required after a year (nor formula), but breastmilk can help tremendously with a child's immune system, hydration, sleep cycles, etc beyond a year.
    And breastmilk is a lot safer to drink than water in many places. So it's better for a toddler to be breastfed than not.

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edit: got the stats for that statement? Also before you answer... have in mind that the recommended age to stop feeding your child is between 6 months and a year... however it's up to the mother to decide that... but the recommended time is that :)

I have never heard of anyone recomending that women stop bf between 6 and 12 months. I have only ever heard of women being encouraged to breastfeed for as long as they can, past 6 months is a good start, past 12 months is better.

In cultures where there is no pressure to wean, children tend to breastfeed for at least 2 years. The World Health Organization and UNICEF strongly encourage breastfeeding through toddlerhood: ‘Breastmilk is an important source of energy and protein, and helps to protect against disease during the child's second year of life.’ Our biology seems geared to a weaning age of between 2 and a half and 7 years.

Most of the world, as in a lot of Europe, Australia, Africa, South America, seem to be ok with the breastfeeding of toddlers.

No actually, and like I said the final decision is taken by the mother. I like that you had to really look for an answer to get the answer you wanted, that's not even a good site. Most sites suggest moms decide but 6 months to a year it's fine for a baby to stop. I've lived in Asia and South America, women don't breastfeed till babies are that old. Especially cause most people are lactose intolerant. Also even though it's up to the mother, once babies START eating solid food they no longer NEED being breastfed, mothers can still do it, but health wise it won't make a difference. These toddlers in the game have been eating solid for quite a while, it's not even baby food what they eat, they eat food that even adults can eat.

The idea of feeding a human till they are 7 it's just insane lol that's a first-second grader. That's just a full grown child.

Just wanted to let you know that you are wrong about no longer needing breastmilk once solids are introduced. Babies require either or breastmilk or formula for the entire first year as their main source of nutrition. Require. You cannot feed them only solids before a year old. You cannot even give them a lot of water as it has the potential to kill them. It does make a huge difference if you stopped giving a baby formula or breastmilk once you introduced solids. Are you even serious? The WHO and the AAP are pretty explicit on this. Breast milk is no longer nutritionally required after a year (nor formula), but breastmilk can help tremendously with a child's immune system, hydration, sleep cycles, etc beyond a year. The main issue with relying on breastmilk for nutrition past the year mark is that the child is outgrowing the required nutrients that breastmilk alone can give as well as the importance of how language develops (as eating food helps develop the ability to speak). I don't care if mothers breastfeed or not. At least don't spout complete nonsense, though.

Yes, this. If you do the research @Orchid13 you'll find that although it isn't required after a year, it's definitely still beneficial. Although I can understand both sides: those who continue & those who don't. It's always the woman's decision in the end, but that there's zero benefit past a year simply isn't true. The question for each mother to ask herself is how big that benefit is, whether she can continue to afford doing it (with regards to works & time), and if she wants to. There's other perfectly safe ways to care for your babies of course, and no one's a horrible mother for not doing it anymore than someone is for doing it. If the game included it, I wouldn't care. I don't think they will, but hey: always go for more options instead of less :) What I hope they'll fix first though is: toddlers appearing WITH their parents at public venues ^^
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I really don't see what this discussion has to do with the game.

It also irritates me that this discussion is allowed to go on while my discussion about mental illness in Sims 4 was locked even though it did stay on topic and remained civil.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    edited February 2017

Not talking about babies :) so you have reading issues. I consider babies are babies till the age of one, therefor what I said still applies. So now you can do some research about what's the difference between a baby and a toddler :)

Also just so this is a bit on topic, if you want to breastfeed your kid till they are grown children go ahead and get a mod.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    Loanet wrote: »

It also irritates me that this discussion is allowed to go on while my discussion about mental illness in Sims 4 was locked even though it did stay on topic and remained civil.

Really don't know. They have asked several times to lock this thread so I really don't understand why yours got closed and this one hasn't.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member

Really don't know. They have asked several times to lock this thread so I really don't understand why yours got closed and this one hasn't.

And yet, you're still here dutifully bumping the thread, making sure it stays at the top of the page.
  • Options

Not talking about babies :) so you have reading issues. I consider babies are babies till the age of one, therefor what I said still applies. So now you can do some research about what's the difference between a baby and a toddler :)

Also just so this is a bit on topic, if you want to breastfeed your kid till they are grown children go ahead and get a mod.

Nah, you said once solid food is introduced there is no need for breastmilk. So you were wrong.

Are you a parent? Because you'll have to excuse me if I ignore your opinion when you have no real life experience lol.
  • Options

You're not the OP, you can't ask for a thread to be closed if you don't like it.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    OEII1001 wrote: »

And yet, you're still here dutifully bumping the thread, making sure it stays at the top of the page.

I no longer care if this stays up or not. I said that several posts ago. If they close it they close it if not then this will probably stay up for a while. I just think it's unfair for a thread that has been asked to be closed multiple times to stay open and for a tread that was staying on topic to get closed.
    Post edited by Orchid13 on
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2017

Nah, you said once solid food is introduced there is no need for breastmilk. So you were wrong.

Are you a parent? Because you'll have to excuse me if I ignore your opinion when you have no real life experience lol.

There is no need to breastfeed a toddler who eats solid foods and the game agrees :) it's not in the game get over it. If you want to breastfeed an old kid then that's your choice.

And I don't need to be a mother to know this, I'm in my early 20s I'm still young. I know many mothers that don't know what they are doing :) so exuse me if I ignore your opinion if you have no real qualifications :) you can't even tell a baby and a toddler apart lol

Ooooh and to stay on topic :) get a mod for it cause this won't be in the game
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    @SimGuruDrake @SimStaffBethelle @SOMEBODY, PLEASE, delete this thread already. You've been tagged enough times - DO SOMETHING. Are you ignoring the thread on purpose? It's breaking every rule there is, please, for the love of sims; get rid of it.

Jeez

--T
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    To7m wrote: »
    @SimGuruDrake @SimStaffBethelle @SOMEBODY, PLEASE, delete this thread already. You've been tagged enough times - DO SOMETHING. Are you ignoring the thread on purpose? It's breaking every rule there is, please, for the love of sims; get rid of it.

Jeez

--T

The irony lol
    @Orchid13, you're not helping the matter. Why are you replying to comments?

--T

I'm pointing out the stuff I didn't know was ok now. I mean this has gone on for days and no one does anything about it.

It's not our job to worry about it, and would it not be more wise to let the thread die? If nobody comments - it goes.

--T

ETA: Typo

Which I was doing till today. Also I could say the same to you. You have asked @SimGuruDrake to close it more than once and you keep reviving it as well.

Exactly, more than once. And nothing's happened. Not much else I can do other than not comment. Like I said, not our job to worry about it now. Which I would be doing if I wasn't currently speaking to you. And I'm not the one going *back* through the thread picking out comments. Just drop it now and leave the thread alone. If Drake wants to delete it, she will. She's been asked, like you said, many times already.

--T

Never tell me what to do again if you can't even follow your own advice.

Oh and before you tell me I'm still participating on this thread, i said several posts ago that I no longer care if this stays up. If they don't wanna remove it they don't wanna remove it and period.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2017

You're not the OP, you can't ask for a thread to be closed if you don't like it.

I didn't ask for it to be closed when I replied to that. I simply made an observation. This thread has been asked to be closed for more than 1 person, non of them was the OP. And for your information you can always tag one of the moderators if you think a thread is innapropiate, I've done it before and it worked.

For example @To7m has asked for this to be closed several times
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    It's breaking every rule there is, please, for the love of sims; get rid of it.
    I haven't seen any rules getting broken here... other than those dragging it off topic to whine about it not being closed.
    And for your information you can always tag one of the moderators if you think a thread is innapropiate, I've done it before and it worked.
    I know, but there's nothing inappropriate here.

Nothing inappropriate about the idea of adding breastfeeding for toddlers.
    Nothing inappropriate about discussing why it's not inappropriate for it to be added.
    Not expecting it to be added, but it's still a good idea.

The only ones seeing something inappropriate are the ones who think breastfeeding toddlers is icky.

• Options
    Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    edited February 2017
    Every time I see this thread back at the top I think to myself...
    What on earth could they possibly be talking about in there?
    lol...carry on ladies....just passing through. B)
  • Options

There is no need to breastfeed a toddler who eats solid foods and the game agrees :) it's not in the game get over it. If you want to breastfeed an old kid then that's your choice.

And I don't need to be a mother to know this, I'm in my early 20s I'm still young. I know many mothers that don't know what they are doing :) so exuse me if I ignore your opinion if you have no real qualifications :) you can't even tell a baby and a toddler apart lol

Ooooh and to stay on topic :) get a mod for it cause this won't be in the game

Good lord you are nasty. I know the medical definition for a toddler. My daughter is still a baby to me, but I'm aware she is not an infant. Those words have slightly different connotations. I listen to her pediatricians and I read up on the latest medical journals and medical opinions so that I can be the best mother possible. How dare you imply I'm anything less because you have some childish squick about breastfeeding. The point of this thread is that it would be a neat addition to the game. Nobody would or has intentions to force you or anyone else to use it. I don't mind that it's not in the game, but I do mind the lack of education that everyone has about breastfeeding.

No, toddlers do not need breastmilk. I already agreed to that. But you claimed that once babies start solids they no longer need breastmilk, so I'm sorry. You are wrong.

You don't need to be nasty to others because they are correcting you on something you obviously don't know enough about. This thread is only as inappropriate as your horrible attitude and the way you talk to others.
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    @Orchid13

Please check the last time I commented on here other than my last one, YOU are the one here every 2 minutes, YOU are the one in here telling people their opinions are worth nothing without qualifications. Not me.

I'm getting sick of the notifications taking up my feed when there are more relevant topics to be discussing. You're all talking a load of rubbish and just going on and on and on about the same thing.

Give it up already.

--T

• Options
    MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef beef!
  • Options
    LaraNocturnalLaraNocturnal Posts: 74 Member
    Wow here I thought there was going to be actual discussion on the game, instead we are suddenly on Babycenter?
  • Options
    KajkaElinaKajkaElina Posts: 201 Member
    Breastfeeding should be removed altogether. It isn't appropriate for a game rated T for Teen.

-_-
    Let me guess, you weren't breastfed.
    🐸🐸🐸🐸 dude
    CATS ARE THE BEST!

My Origin ID is catKajka.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    KajkaElina wrote: »
    Breastfeeding should be removed altogether. It isn't appropriate for a game rated T for Teen.

-_-
    plum dude

for your info i was not breastfed as well but i do not mind that feature ingame for newborn sims but for toddler i do not went that feature when toddlers can drink from sippy cups and eat real food
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    MMXMMX Posts: 4,428 Member

If the ESRB doesn't object to breastfeeding, why should you? You don't make their guidelines.
  • Options
    KajkaElina wrote: »

-_-
    plum dude

for your info i was not breastfed as well but i do not mind that feature ingame for newborn sims but for toddler i do not went that feature when toddlers can drink from sippy cups and eat real food

Using that logic, why are you ok with babies being breastfed, since they can be fed by bottle?
    Sure irl, some toddlers use sippy cups, but there are plenty of others fed directly from their mothers breast, so why not the same for sims?

Wow here I thought there was going to be actual discussion on the game, instead we are suddenly on Babycenter?
    It's a bit of both, to explain why it's relevent to be added to the game
  • Options
    HannahcleolaHannahcleola Posts: 252 Member
    @Orchid13

Wow troll much!
    I breastfeed my toddler son in real life isn't sims supposed to be like real life. Support healthy babys and add this to the game!

Not because you do it, it's a common practice. Many people just breastfeed babies and not toddlers, that's why they feature isn't in the game. In fact many people don't even like the idea of breastfeeding as much as you hate the idea of not breastfeeding them. Also you said support healthy babies if you haven't payed attention I will tell you right now that the game does have the feature of breastfeeding a baby . If you are suggesting toddlers who are not breastfed are unhealthy start doing some research, it's only the first year that is actually extremely important to breastfeed your baby, once they reach a toddler age they don't need to be breastfed to be healthy they will do just fine wether you do it or not.

Like I said, if the game isn't realistic enough for you go mod hunting. Also this game is not a reflection of "real life" yes it's a life simulator, but it's a game that adds unrealistic and fictional features. Or are aliens and vampires part of real life? Nope

Also there are many things that happen in real life that won't happen in this game cause it can be offensive or too violent for its users. This game avoids or sugarcoats many things that happen in real life. It's what happens with a T rated game.

@Orchid13 Wow that rant was a bit uncalled for, troll much!! :/