Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Suicidal vampires

2...Next

Comments

• DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    Fiever7 wrote: »
    I made a good vampire for the sole purpose of overthrowing vlad.... I hope my family stays safe. Tempted to have her move in with my vampire family to prevent plum deaths.

Already had one die from coming home from work....

Apartment vamps are safer vamps

I created a new Sim today named "Crocodile Powdersnake" who moved into an apartment and that made me realised how much safer it is for vampires cause you load back onto the lot indoors and you leave to go to work indoors as well so I highly agree!
  • Fiever7Fiever7 Posts: 884 Member
    Fiever7 wrote: »
    I made a good vampire for the sole purpose of overthrowing vlad.... I hope my family stays safe. Tempted to have her move in with my vampire family to prevent plum deaths.

Already had one die from coming home from work....

Apartment vamps are safer vamps

I created a new Sim today named "Crocodile Powdersnake" who moved into an apartment and that made me realised how much safer it is for vampires cause you load back onto the lot indoors and you leave to go to work indoors as well so I highly agree!

Just bought the 3 room apartment. Tons of space. The kids share the same room and still have a ton of space left over
    IRJsECv.png
  • KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    Kartai wrote: »
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=589559
    Mod?

But yes vampires walking in the sun is not fun to see.
    Does that mod work? I downloaded the one that prevents fake vampires not sure if it's working thought. :/

I'm using this and mc command center and well so far none of the vampires I have died yet.
    But I also have the Sun Resistance on my vampires :|

if you're worried more about this why not ask http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=589559&c=1&goto=newpost?
    (Sorry for not being more helpful)

I did noticed win using mc command center my town vampires did stay out of the sun that was before I used this DayWalker Vampires mod.
    :| ..er...so it must be mc command center doing that.

People who don't use mod I say making you're vampire hibernate until night.

• KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    edited February 2017
    **double post
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    If Vlad or the Vatores are a problem sneaking into your sims house to feed (which was one of the biggest asks), them play those vampires and make that reconfiguration drink and take away their immunity to garlic and place a lot of garlic on your sims lot. That should fix it.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

Some sims just have really bad luck.

I have a grand master vampire and her second in command who I lvl:d in a separate save and then brought over to my big rotational save. Now they are turning a few select sims who have a long story in my game and I have plans for them.

02-04-17_10-46-03nbspPM_zpsbwwaekou.png
    Here is one of the poor recently bitten and turned sims. The sims I was controlling went to the romance festival and my noob-vamp here was chosen as one of the people who spawn there with the festival clothes. He landed in the sun and turned instantly.

02-04-17_10-49-21nbspPM_zpsggjk9qki.png
    And here he started to burn slightly. Poor guy, I left his household in Forgotten Hollow and here he is just teleported straight into the sun.

I ended up leaving the festival because I did not want to lose this vampire, he has a long backstory and I got plans for him. I won't coddle my vampires, if they get too angry or happy or something else they will die. However, playing a rotational save with fledgling vamps in several households is taking a risk. Some of them will become festival-people or stand in a foodcart and then they are toast.

I ended up downloading the mod that was mentioned earlier

DayWalker Vampires

As soon as my main vampires have obtained sun resistance then I will remove this mod. It is either that or constantly play the same vamp-household until you have unlocked it. I don't want to be locked into a specific household on my rotational save. When I played a vampire household only during the lvl:ing of my grand master is was fun to work towards unlocking it. In my rotational save unlocking the sun resistance takes too much time, I want to move around more freely between the households and have several vampires turn in different households. That means crispy-vamps so it is modding for me.

Thank the lama for mods!!
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member

I have a grand master vampire and her second in command who I lvl:d in a separate save and then brought over to my big rotational save. Now they are turning a few select sims who have a long story in my game and I have plans for them.

Here is one of the poor recently bitten and turned sims. The sims I was controlling went to the romance festival and my noob-vamp here was chosen as one of the people who spawn there with the festival clothes. He landed in the sun and turned instantly.

And here he started to burn slightly. Poor guy, I left his household in Forgotten Hollow and here he is just teleported straight into the sun.

I ended up leaving the festival because I did not want to lose this vampire, he has a long backstory and I got plans for him. I won't coddle my vampires, if they get too angry or happy or something else they will die. However, playing a rotational save with fledgling vamps in several households is taking a risk. Some of them will become festival-people or stand in a foodcart and then they are toast.

DayWalker Vampires

As soon as my main vampires have obtained sun resistance then I will remove this mod. It is either that or constantly play the same vamp-household until you have unlocked it. I don't want to be locked into a specific household on my rotational save. When I played a vampire household only during the lvl:ing of my grand master is was fun to work towards unlocking it. In my rotational save unlocking the sun resistance takes too much time, I want to move around more freely between the households and have several vampires turn in different households. That means crispy-vamps so it is modding for me.

This is my my primary complaint.

We have vampires. Yay!!!

But in order to play them every single one has to be a day walker because we can't actually have a day night cycle in the game- basic stuff, just basic.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

DayWalker Vampires

This is my my primary complaint.

We have vampires. Yay!!!

But in order to play them every single one has to be a day walker because we can't actually have a day night cycle in the game- basic stuff, just basic.

Yes.

I would like to be able to have several low-lvl vampires in different households to rotate between but I don't want all of them go up in flames. These vampires are awesome as main household but less practical in rotational saves.
  • tommynocker001tommynocker001 Posts: 187 Member
    No vampire hierarchy here... antediluvian for everybody! :)
  • TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    Vampire Cassandra Goth was walking by my Sims house. He ran out, introduced himself, and they went back in to hang out. She got on the computer, and, at about noon, left. Only to burn up on their front porch.
    I hate when that happens.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • RudiaroseRudiarose Posts: 891 Member
    Download this it makes it Twilight in all worlds so Vamps do not fry themselfs.

modthesims.info/download.php?t=589767
  • DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    Vampire Cassandra Goth was walking by my Sims house. He ran out, introduced himself, and they went back in to hang out. She got on the computer, and, at about noon, left. Only to burn up on their front porch.
    I hate when that happens.

Oh Simmer! You should look on the bright side of this. At least she won't be doing it again!
  • TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    And I got a nifty new urn to display at their house!
    And a new ghost to hang out with!
    "Always look on the briiiight side of life..."
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • barraakenobarraakeno Posts: 489 Member
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    Before release, they said vampires would only come out at night.

Makes me think this is a bug (happens to me too), or at least an oversight in the role/walkby tuning that's probably easy to fix.

yeah, that's my guess too.
    Brazilian guy here, so my English is not that good.

fB7mWIn.gif
    Spinning toilets confurm3d!!!!11!!1!1!!!!11!
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    So, has there been any update on this? It seems to still be a problem.

It's especially bad in combination with Get Together if you have any vampires in clubs. I play rotationally (I know, i know, I'm crazy, but I like playing the different branches of my family, okay? I always start with one household, but after a few generations, it inevitably gets spread out. Sigh.) and a couple households have vampires in them. I have one who was in a club that meets at a lounge, so she could hang out there, socialize and feed. But when I was playing another house and went to the club during the day, she showed up and died. Like, she could've gone inside, but naw, she just decided to stay by the bar that was OUTSIDE (there's one inside too) and burn to a crisp. And I think Vlad has died in 4 or 5 saves of mine,just cause he can't figure out he needs to get out of the sun. Like, he's the master vampire! He should know better!

I don't mind some drama in my game, but this just seems to...dumb, lol. I don't really want to make them all daywalkers, cause I like the risk factor, I just wish it was handled better! Like, is there some way to program it so they autonomously stay inside during the day? Or exclude vampires from showing up places, including club meetings, during the day? Or I dunno, just something to make them ave some kind of self preservation. Right now it's down right depressing how dumb they are, lol.