Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone starting to get bored of vampires?

124...Next

Comments

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited January 2017
    OP, are you the type of Simmer who just maxed out the vampire skills then bored? Grinding? That would get pretty boring if you're a what some call a completest. Hurry, level up and move on to the next list. That's not fun at all. :o
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    I've never extensively played Supernaturals but I tried them out and I was impressed. It's nice to know the option is there for when I want to play them. I'm not sure how you could get bored of them so quickly.
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    I am in the process of changing All My Vampire Characters I made before Vampires even got in the picture from day 1, plus the Vamps I made from the pack, so I do not have time to get bored, :)
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I'll never get bored of killing sims with strong emotion influence!

I had Vlad visit Patchy's Bar the other night and he hit a burst of anger on two male sims. They immediately began fighting! Hilarious!
  • nastyjmannastyjman Posts: 1,218 Member
    Still having an evil time with this game pack.

From the last time I posted here, I changed the rules of a challenge I've been cooking up. Anyone who wants an evil time with their vampire should check this out: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/910680/beta-updated-1-30-17-vampire-mansion-challenge-and-story/p1

>:)

Here are my slaves with my kween giving them an inspiration burst

CsgVrxE.jpg
    TLC_banner_2021_downscale.png
  • MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    edited January 2017
    I'm not bored with vampires yet. I'm still trying to figure out what makes them tick. The powers and weaknesses have been interesting. I'm still looking at whether or not they compliment each other and if so how, and what ramifications will the vampire face as the result of my choices.

I'm playing a fairly new vampire that's going to have to select another weakness pretty soon. It looks to me like he will either have to sleep in a coffin or not eat human food. I'm leaning toward the coffin because I want him to complete the Grilled Cheese aspiration. But then I start wondering - what good will it do if my vampire can conjure a Grilled Cheese sandwich but can't eat it? I'm still puzzling through that choice.

And then there are those three pre-made vampires that came with the pack. They are an interesting trio. Some odd choices were made for them.

I know some players who like the romance and legacy aspects of the game so they're busy exploring those options with vampires. It just depends on how someone plays and how fast a player goes through new content. Same as any game.

Blood and gore can be found in other games. I don't need that stuff in The Sims.

BTW - The option to take an herbal bath or mud bath can be done to generate a moodlet that lasts 8 hours and will usually override any negative mood. The same with the yoga mat. I have a Sim do one or the other, depending on what they can afford, to get focused, energetic, or inspired before leaving for work. Or you could have a Sim use that little cube that they can carry in their inventory to get focused or inspired. And, of course, there's that little ball of clay that will keep them inspired practically forever.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited January 2017
    I don't get how you could already be bored with them so fast lol. I played them first when they came out and didn't know what to start with, so I just did what most people do: have one of my sims turned and check out the powers, etc. I then couldn't play for a few days and got back into it on the weekend and I'm still discovering so many little things. Idk, my witches in TS3 don't do anything super special either, they just learn to make potions, skill up in magic, and .. idk have babies and stuff. Kinda like most of my other sim families, but with powers. I also don't remember sims reacting in fear and anguish when meeting vamps or witches in 3? Maybe I missed it, but it seems normal to them too. Idk, I think the vamps are really well done and a lot of fun. And they kinda distracted me from the toddlers for a bit, so now I've got both them & the rest of the toddler possibilities to discover, so I never run out of stuff to do ^^ Like @Cinebar said, it's more fun to take your time with new packs. Sure, becoming a grand master isn't enormously difficult (but this is still the sims, not some RPG), but it's not the only thing there is to do in the pack. And even if it was: through combining powers differently, there's so many ways to become a grand master. I feel like trying out all the different power combinations alone would take me quite a bit of time. But maybe I'm just slow or didn't have enough time to play :smile:
  • plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    edited January 2017
    Well, I have spent the past 3 days playing Skyrim again.

I am awaiting the TS4 Pets patch to drag me back.

Pets will save the day - hopefully they react to vampires - ie hiss/growl at them - anything.
  • Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    Due to a lot of work at home, my husbands return and my creation of vampire mods, I really had no time to really play the vampires yet in a way that is really meaningful... So far I keep starting new sims, play a little while and then create another sim... LOL I am waiting for some time where I can actually play without having to worry that I may get nothing done at home. Probably February when he needs to leave for China I will some time again, so nope I am definitely not bored with them. In fact I did not even get ONE sim up the vampire lore skill or to Grand Master... So still a LOT to discover with this pack!
  • midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    I haven't played them yet because of my toddlers. I love my toddlers and family play and I like the new gothic bed and all the creepy things that it came with the Vampire GP but i haven't really gone into depth with vampires as yet!
  • ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    edited February 2017
    I haven't played them yet because of my toddlers. I love my toddlers and family play and I like the new gothic bed and all the creepy things that it came with the Vampire GP but i haven't really gone into depth with vampires as yet!

The solution to your problem is, of course, to play a vampire family with vampire toddlers! Then you can enjoy both at once. Lol, that's what I'm doing, since I actually didn't patch my game at all until I got the vampire pack (was playing Sims 3 again for a bit) and so I hadn't played with the toddlers at all until my vampire couple had twins.

In answer to the OP, no I am not bored with the vampire pack at all. I've been waiting for them since the start and they're so much better than the vamps from TS2 and 3. Vampires are pretty integral to most of my storylines and I have characters from as far back as Sims 1 that I always recreate in every Sims game, many of them are supposed to be vampires. Some of them I've had in my game awhile already just waiting for the vampires to finally make an appearance.

To me it's about so much more than just leveling skills and grinding to the top. That's boring. I love the storytelling possibilities and the different gameplay that the vampires add. I won't be getting bored with this pack until I'm just bored with the game in general.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • hafizchanhafizchan Posts: 232 Member
    Felicity wrote: »
    I actually did not have an easy time leveling my vampires up until I realized that the "detect personality" was basically a grind spell. However, I don't find dealing with their thirst too much of a problem. I keep a club of non-vampires named "Snacks" and if there are no humans wandering the streets, I call a quick meeting and have them feed there. But I also really don't have a problem with keeping them topped off with plasma packs and fruit.

As an aside, there doesn't seem to be any difference between a normal quality and a pristine quality plasma fruit (I don't have a perfect tree yet). To get more plasma fruit, though, you can use the grafting ability on a tomato plant. That generally will get you five plasma fruit a day from one plant.

SNACKS!!!! PURE GENIUS!!!!! AAHAHAHHAAHHA
    Happiness!
    j9pm6g.gif
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    Not anywhere near bored with it. Indeed, I would go as far to say, the human sims are boring in comparison now.

I think this pack is just what the game needed. Finally, a bit of conflict and some darkness to boot.

I have a coven(?) of vampires lead by a neat/hot-headed/insane Sim. She has also got the bonus alluring trait from the serial romantic aspiration. She has all the thirst weaknesses, so she needs to drink - a lot. She is also eternally sad.

She is lethal and very scary. If I was a sim, I certainly wouldn't want to meet her.

Currently she is keeping a group of humans that have fully maxxed red/pink bars - shudder.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
    hafizchan wrote: »
    Felicity wrote: »
    I actually did not have an easy time leveling my vampires up until I realized that the "detect personality" was basically a grind spell. However, I don't find dealing with their thirst too much of a problem. I keep a club of non-vampires named "Snacks" and if there are no humans wandering the streets, I call a quick meeting and have them feed there. But I also really don't have a problem with keeping them topped off with plasma packs and fruit.

As an aside, there doesn't seem to be any difference between a normal quality and a pristine quality plasma fruit (I don't have a perfect tree yet). To get more plasma fruit, though, you can use the grafting ability on a tomato plant. That generally will get you five plasma fruit a day from one plant.

SNACKS!!!! PURE GENIUS!!!!! AAHAHAHHAAHHA

My boyfriend had pretty much the same idea, lol...except his all humans club is called "The Herd", but they serve the same function, which is to get called in when the all vampires club is gathering and be the snacks for the evening. One thing I love about the vampires GP is the synergy it has with some of the other packs, especially Get Together.

I hope they continue with this trend they've started with the toddlers and vampires and add more packs that have gameplay that can stretch through all other aspects of the game, which is to say DEEP gameplay, rather than gimmicky stuff.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

The solution to your problem is, of course, to play a vampire family with vampire toddlers! Then you can enjoy both at once. Lol, that's what I'm doing, since I actually didn't patch my game at all until I got the vampire pack (was playing Sims 3 again for a bit) and so I hadn't played with the toddlers at all until my vampire couple had twins.

In answer to the OP, no I am not bored with the vampire pack at all. I've been waiting for them since the start and they're so much better than the vamps from TS2 and 3. Vampires are pretty integral to most of my storylines and I have characters from as far back as Sims 1 that I always recreate in every Sims game, many of them are supposed to be vampires. Some of them I've had in my game awhile already just waiting for the vampires to finally make an appearance.

To me it's about so much more than just leveling skills and grinding to the top. That's boring. I love the storytelling possibilities and the different gameplay that the vampires add. I won't be getting bored with this pack until I'm just bored with the game in general.

I'm with you, it's about what happened along the way for me. The other day one of my Sims (who is involved with my Dracula who hasn't been seen out anywhere since the last time I played him) went to a romance festival with Nickolas Blair (a warlock in Dark Shadows) she is a romance Sim so she decided daytime..need romance...go with Nickolas.. besides they are enemies in the old soap but he controls her, too, so it seemed logical..haha. While she was there (and night fell) she started getting busy with Nickolas. Out of the blue Dracula calls to take her somewhere else just about the time she and Nickolas was going to get into more meaningful flirting. It was like 'how did he know?' lol Of course she dumped Nickolas and left to meet Dracula who she adores and he adores her. She is the only one who knows his secret.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    edited February 2017
    One thing I love about the vampires GP is the synergy it has with some of the other packs, especially Get Together.

I hope they continue with this trend they've started with the toddlers and vampires and add more packs that have gameplay that can stretch through all other aspects of the game, which is to say DEEP gameplay, rather than gimmicky stuff.
    Exactly. Get Together, with its clubs full of prey, and City Living, with the walking smorgasbord that is San Myshuno. Vampires & Toddlers tie the whole Sims 4 experience together nicely.

7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    I'm not bored with them at all. I'm very happy to have them in my game.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • DKguruArtistDKguruArtist Posts: 292 Member
    Not bored at all i am having a laugh playing with mind control powers are hillarious ways to prank everyone :)
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Not at all - they are delightful.
    So are the toddlers.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

One thing I love about the vampires GP is the synergy it has with some of the other packs, especially Get Together.

Exactly. Get Together, with its clubs full of prey, and City Living, with the walking smorgasbord that is San Myshuno. Vampires & Toddlers tie the whole Sims 4 experience together nicely.

Yep. And seeing as I can basically play this game (and Sims games in general) as a vampire simulator anyway and be perfectly content, I don't see myself getting bored with the vampires ever. Any other content we get from this point is just a bonus for me, though I especially would like pets, witches and werewolves back. And the toddlers are lovely not only for my vampire families but also for those times I feel like playing human families. The game feels like it has more depth now.
    Cinebar wrote: »

I'm with you, it's about what happened along the way for me. The other day one of my Sims (who is involved with my Dracula who hasn't been seen out anywhere since the last time I played him) went to a romance festival with Nickolas Blair (a warlock in Dark Shadows) she is a romance Sim so she decided daytime..need romance...go with Nickolas.. besides they are enemies in the old soap but he controls her, too, so it seemed logical..haha. While she was there (and night fell) she started getting busy with Nickolas. Out of the blue Dracula calls to take her somewhere else just about the time she and Nickolas was going to get into more meaningful flirting. It was like 'how did he know?' lol Of course she dumped Nickolas and left to meet Dracula who she adores and he adores her. She is the only one who knows his secret.

Cool storylines and situations like that are what Sims 4 was really missing in my opinion. The vampire pack opened up so many more possibilities, especially for those of us who like playing weird, supernatural stories. The pack (and some of the recent patches too, I believe) adds more darkness and conflict to the game as well which is something else the game really needed. My world is at least 50% less utopia now... I've been experiencing more random deaths in my game, more fighting, and more jealousy. I love it!

....still think we need a Fear emotion, though.