Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need Help With MC Command Center? Ask *HERE*! **INACTIVE THREAD**

Comments

• egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    MistyLake wrote: »
    Hi. Just to let you guys know: My relationship decay thingy isn't working. I do not know why this is happening because I have the latest MCCC and I have done everything possible to the game so it runs smoothly but I still notice my sims can't stay angry to one another! °sigh° :(

Who's involved? Anybody a vampire?

Vamps are slipping through cracks till we get the public version of 3.2.0. I had a vampire be abducted and come home pregnant, even though housemate Athena was also already pregnant. That's a no-no when MC is driving, but, 3.1.1 isn't looking at vampires yet, much. Megan fell right into the AP's clutches. :smiley:

What are your relationship decay settings on?

You can actually fix that manually with MC's Sim > Relationships menu options. There are options for Friendly and Romantic levels that go all the way from Despised (or whatever's below that, if anything) up to True Love. (Names may not be right, I'm not looking at my game.) But it's pretty easy to do.

Tip, type this in the cheat bar, for easier entry to the actual fixing part:

rel_set John Smith Jane Doe

That bypasses the choosing Primary and Secondary Sims part of the menu, which can be a little confusing. That command will put you directly on the page where you decide how you want to fix things. :)

What ELSE do you have in /Mods? Any other mods? Any cc?

Have you noticed any errors in your MC log, or any LastExceptions in /Sims4?
  • SimNajaSimNaja Posts: 429 Member
    edited February 2017
    It just worked fine for me here. My MC version is all 3.1.1. ts4scripts all dated January 25. (Screenshot here.) Game version 1.27.80.1020.

If all that's good, see if you have any errors in your MC log, or any LastException.txt files in /Sims4. If they have numbers, they're old. I'm only interested in the LAST one, whether it has a number or not.

If nothing here has done you any good so far, I'm afraid it may be time to pull out your mods and cc, and check it all to be sure it didn't break recently. Apartments, Toddlers, Vampires... lots of potential avenues for all kinds of breakage, to any EXTRA files added to the game.

Here I'm using MC 3.1.1, Show Sim Info 2.6.0, UI Cheats 1.8 (post patch updated version), and a few I can't mention for this place's teen rating. And switching my toddler ages around, on long lifespan, worked fine. Default button worked, changing the number in the box worked. I didn't get dumped out of MC at all.

Let me know what you come up with. :)

Edit: Sometimes TinyPic is a brat. If you can't see the picture in the above link (I can't see it right now), there's also a copy posted at MC comments, here:

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?p=5151644#post5151644
    [/quote]

My game version is 1.27.80.1020 and mccc version is 3.0.4A

I looked after the LastException.txt in the folder. I have 5 (this is one of them) LastException_63622187121 and one lastUIException_63604030683.

How do i check for errors in my MC log?
    I only play with the mccc and longer parties and more guest. I dont have any CC or other mods.

SimNaja wrote: »
    It just worked fine for me here. My MC version is all 3.1.1. ts4scripts all dated January 25. (Screenshot here.) Game version 1.27.80.1020.

If all that's good, see if you have any errors in your MC log, or any LastException.txt files in /Sims4. If they have numbers, they're old. I'm only interested in the LAST one, whether it has a number or not.

If nothing here has done you any good so far, I'm afraid it may be time to pull out your mods and cc, and check it all to be sure it didn't break recently. Apartments, Toddlers, Vampires... lots of potential avenues for all kinds of breakage, to any EXTRA files added to the game.

Here I'm using MC 3.1.1, Show Sim Info 2.6.0, UI Cheats 1.8 (post patch updated version), and a few I can't mention for this place's teen rating. And switching my toddler ages around, on long lifespan, worked fine. Default button worked, changing the number in the box worked. I didn't get dumped out of MC at all.

Let me know what you come up with. :)

Edit: Sometimes TinyPic is a brat. If you can't see the picture in the above link (I can't see it right now), there's also a copy posted at MC comments, here:

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?p=5151644#post5151644

My game version is 1.27.80.1020 and mccc version is 3.0.4A

I looked after the LastException.txt in the folder. I have 5 (this is one of them) LastException_63622187121 and one lastUIException_63604030683.

How do i check for errors in my MC log?
    I only play with the mccc and longer parties and more guest. I dont have any CC or other mods.

[/quote]

You have the wrong version of MC installed. 3.0.4a was one of the "in-between" versions while Deaderpool was in hotfix mode right after the patch.

What he has available now is 3.0.3 for people WITHOUT toddlers, and also, what you need to download and install, 3.1.1 for people who have run the toddler patch.

Try that. I bet it'll clear things right up for you. :) (Remember to go to the other site too, if you use the extra part.)
    @SimNaja

Don't enable the new Custom Occult Pregnancy setting. It's not working right in 3.1.1 but it'll be fixed in 3.2.0.

Just wanted to head that off at the pass, it causes all sorts of odd things. Missing babies at birth, and so on. Best avoided. ;)
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    3.2 what? just got here.

We were talking about the incoming next MC version. 3.2.0.x is available as a pre-release version for subscribers to Deaderpool's Patreon page (linked in my sig).

The MTS version is still 3.1.1 (and that's what I have installed, here). While he's working on the next one, he's adding an extra digit on those releases, so now those with access are able to check out 3.2.0.4.

If you're interested enough to scroll back, there are a couple of messages between me and @Cyclelegs about it. Might be a couple of others, too.

Sorry about the confusion. It's just something new DP's recently started doing.

it ok. i live in the land of confusion. lol but at the same time i hate being confused. i got here late yesterday becaus i slept in.
  • realtalkworldrealtalkworld Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey everyone, idk if anyone will see this but... i cant get the MC to work... i downloaded the file, (mac user) , unziped it, copied the script files into an "MC folder" in my mods folder. But when i open the game, and the mod window pops up, i see all my CC but down where there should be the script mods, i see none. I tried to install the sims 4 tray importer to remove bad CC from the game but it didnt work because my MAC couldn't open it.. i am really frustrated.. please help anyone.
    Hey everyone, idk if anyone will see this but... i cant get the MC to work... i downloaded the file, (mac user) , unziped it, copied the script files into an "MC folder" in my mods folder. But when i open the game, and the mod window pops up, i see all my CC but down where there should be the script mods, i see none. I tried to install the sims 4 tray importer to remove bad CC from the game but it didnt work because my MAC couldn't open it.. i am really frustrated.. please help anyone.

did you enable mods?
  • AshkevronAshkevron Posts: 579 Member
    Another quick question. Does MC have a function somewhere to assign sexuality to sims? I have a mod that is separate that allows that but thought I would get rid of it. I went and checked through the MC stuff and didn't see that function anywhere, did I just miss it or is it not in there?

You have the wrong version of MC installed. 3.0.4a was one of the "in-between" versions while Deaderpool was in hotfix mode right after the patch.

What he has available now is 3.0.3 for people WITHOUT toddlers, and also, what you need to download and install, 3.1.1 for people who have run the toddler patch.

Try that. I bet it'll clear things right up for you. :) (Remember to go to the other site too, if you use the extra part.)
    [/quote]

Do you have i link to the right version i need? I can only find my current version :(
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    edited February 2017

Do you have i link to the right version i need? I can only find my current version :(
    [/quote]

Here you go:

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=551680

Look in the "Files" tab for the download.
  • Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    Ashkevron wrote: »
    Another quick question. Does MC have a function somewhere to assign sexuality to sims? I have a mod that is separate that allows that but thought I would get rid of it. I went and checked through the MC stuff and didn't see that function anywhere, did I just miss it or is it not in there?
    No, assigning sexuality to sims isn't a part of the mod.
    edited February 2017

Here you go:

Look in the "Files" tab for the download.[/quote]

Hmm, thats was what downloaded the last time :neutral:
    Something must have gone wrong, i will try again..

Something happened and it WORKS :) THANKS!! :wink:

Here you go:

Look in the "Files" tab for the download.

Hmm, thats was what downloaded the last time :neutral:
    Something must have gone wrong, i will try again..

No 3.0.4 versions are still available for public download. This is one mod you'll have to stay on top of, after patches, to keep it working. You can always check MC comments, we're generally pretty vocal there about what we're using and if anything is broken. ;)

Deaderpool stays on top of things. Updates come pretty soon after patches, and after the last round, we went through 4 "interim" versions of MC before he released now-current 3.1.1. It's on us to make sure our version matches his latest offering. :)

(Don't be a stranger around here. We'll keep you in the loop.)
    i must be getting used to mods. i got the ui extender a few days ago. i was afraid it wouldn't work with mc but so far no issues.

@gusti @Bonxie (?)

I'm not Mac literate at all, sorry. But I can give you this advice, try putting a copy of your save game on your Desktop (so the cc stays where it belongs, you can put THIS file back in, later...), and then take the rest of your mods and cc out of /Mods.

Leave in your Resource.cfg file, and your MC files. If you have them subfoldered (/Mods/MC) try it that way. If it doesn't work, put them directly in /Mods and try again. Sometimes that works for people.

If it works, you probably just have some other mods or cc that need to be updated. Time to go through your stuff, I think.

Good luck! :) Let us know what happens.
    i must be getting used to mods. i got the ui extender a few days ago. i was afraid it wouldn't work with mc but so far no issues.

Cool! That's one you DO have to keep up with, it tends to break with patches. (Just a reminder) :)

Neia said it's because UI mods are screen-dependent, any change by EA to any screen means a mod redo is needed. (nerd stuff) :smiley:

I don't think they "update" them so much as do them over from scratch. I could be wrong, but I think I've seen weerbesu say that.

I'm using it... don't worry, if it needs an update, you'll be able to tell by game weirdness after a patch. And he gets to it pretty quick, usually. (Don't be a stranger. ;) )

Cool! That's one you DO have to keep up with, it tends to break with patches. (Just a reminder) :)

Neia said it's because UI mods are screen-dependent, any change by EA to any screen means a mod redo is needed. (nerd stuff) :smiley:

I don't think they "update" them so much as do them over from scratch. I could be wrong, but I think I've seen weerbesu say that.

I'm using it... don't worry, if it needs an update, you'll be able to tell by game weirdness after a patch. And he gets to it pretty quick, usually. (Don't be a stranger. ;) )

i got luck. since its my first install and was just updated i'm good for now. unlike mc where i had to update the next day my first time. but with your patinent i got that to work eventually.
    Ashkevron wrote: »

What the mod has for preferences is mainly just the same/opposite sex flags used during marriage and pregnancy alarms. Right NOW, you can only set those on Unplayed sims, but that's changing in 3.2.0 to include all Inactive sims. (My idea, I'm *thrilled* he went for it.)

However, during the marriage alarms, Deaderpool recently added gender-pref changes THERE, so that couples married by MC now will show their spouse's gender as their preference. It's only on new marriages, though, it doesn't change the ones already made. Maybe he'll do more, there, but I'm not sure if that's on the list.
  • CrazyboutTheSimsCrazyboutTheSims Posts: 2,739 Member
    edited February 2017
    I accidentally deleted the baby my sim just had is there any way to get it back? there was a blank spot and I clicked it to see what it was for.. :'( why can't I set the toddler's father as his father?
    Post edited by CrazyboutTheSims on
    I accidentally deleted the baby my sim just had is there any way to get it back? there was a blank spot and I clicked it to see what it was for.. :'( why can't I set the toddler's father as his father?

Do you have CAS.fulledit enabled in MC?

Are you trying to do it in CAS, or from MC's "relationships" menu?

Try this command, it's an easy way into the menu where those choices come up:

rel_set John Doe Jimmy Doe

It should let you choose which to make father/son/husband/brother etc.

I'm concerned about that blank menu spot. What's your game version, and your MC version? (Hoping for game 1.27.80 and MC 3.1.1, here.)

Are all of your MC ts4scripts dated January 25?

What are the package file dates?

Have you checked your MC log for any errors? Or /Sims4 for any LastException files?

Obviously, I want more details. ;)

Here's a tip, if you have the new Occult setting for Use Custom Pregnancy enabled, Turn That OFF. NOBODY should have that enabled in 3.1.1. DP had just put it in for aliens, when vampires showed up and wrecked it again. Fix incoming next version. It causes baby issues for sure, and with that missing button, I wondered. You know?

About the missing baby, easiest way to get him back would be to roll back your save. Or, using MC (or good old fashioned ways...), you could initiate a new pregnancy, set offspring to what you want, trigger labor. Pretty much back where you'd like to be, without the (minor, but clearly there) headache of backing up.

Let me know if anything here helps.
    I have spent this morning working on a Project. ;)

I don't have time to finish even the first run-through before I need to go to bed, though. It's taking longer than I thought it would. I've been fooling with it for over 2 hours, now.

I'm digging up the UI pathways that go with the settings in the config file.

The first edition will be fairly rough, but when I get it done, I'm going to toss it out there anyway. Then, I'll probably pretty it up, sort it differently, etc etc. First, function over form, though.

Here's the idea...

"Age_Span_Adult": 18, Computer > MCCC > MCCC Settings > Set Age Span Duration > Adult

"Appearance_AgeupChangeWalkstyle": false, Computer > MCCC > MC CAS > Change Walkstyles on Age Up

The config entry, my setting, and the UI path you'd follow to find it in the game. ALSO, the Proper Name for the button, sometimes they don't mirror the config line *exactly*. There've been a couple of "wait, what?" moments for me over that, this morning. :D

This will NOT include the Templates from MC CAS. Just SETTINGS (I left the "appearance/CAS" settings in when I cut out those Template sections). Over 200 lines, and I think, including the extra piece, I have about 40 to go, still.

If I don't get it done tonight, I'll finish it in the morning for sure. It's coming together nicely, so far.

Even if I leave off the extra part settings (which I'll PM to anybody who asks for them, once they're done), it's still going to be a long output. Should I copy it into a post, or, should I just upload it as a file instead? (Probably to both Mediafire and Dropbox.)

Would it translate well, do you think?

Off to bed, I really just am tired of all the crickets I hear in this forum :p , so I thought I'd drop by and let you know what I've been doing this morning. Have a great weekend! :)
  • CrazyboutTheSimsCrazyboutTheSims Posts: 2,739 Member
    this is how I deleted my baby..

Untitled_zpsuescsnps.jpg

I finally got the relationships straighted out except for this she isn't married to his father they are lovers and neighbors

Untitled22_zps41huakk9.jpg
    this is how I deleted my baby..

Untitled_zpsuescsnps.jpg

I finally got the relationships straighted out except for this she isn't married to his father they are lovers and neighbors

Untitled22_zps41huakk9.jpg

@rosemow what can she do to fix that button?
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top