Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MCB Build Showcase - 3 new builds on pg. 7

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,521 Member
    The exterior design and layout of Northwest Harbour is very nice! :) It looks very great how the brown wall structures have been used in the build! The large glass windows look so very nice in the home, creating a nice light filed home where sims can enjoy looking out through the windows at the outdoors views whilst indoors. Very nice ground floor pool and outdoors dining patio! Sims will enjoy swimming in the pool, or enjoy eating meals at the dining table ih the outdoors air. The white colour of the seating gives a nice look to the build, and the red colour of the candles on the table complements with the white. The candles look pretty too. Very nice hot tub alcove. The indoors dining room is very nice! Sims will enjoy eating their meals there with sunshine coming in to the room and enjoy looking out through the windows whilst dining. The twisted sculpture is a nice touch in the room. The barstool , sink and stove counter in the kitchen is great! It is a nice place for sims to sit on the stools and chat whilst the meals are cooking. The fruit bowl is a nice touch on the counter. The open plan layout of the kitchen, dining and living room areas looks nice. The pictures are nice touches on the living room and kitchen walls. Very nice sitting area in the living room for sims to enjoy resting there on the seats watching tv. The flowers on the table are nice for sims to see when sitting there. Very nice windows bath tub nook in the bathroom! Sims will enjoy the sunlight coming in whilst bathing. The bathroom wall texture look calming. Very nice study and library room. Sims will enjoy resting in the massage chair reading a book from the bookcase or enjoy using the computer at the study desk table. The pictures are a nice tough on the study desk table wall. Very nice outdoors living rooftop patio! The armchairs and sofas look very nice how they are placed there! Sims will enjoy sitting resting there in the sunshine , having a chat under the shade of the umbrellas. The two separated tables and red candles on top of them gives a great look to the area. Sims will enjoy gardening in the gardening boxes on the patio.
    The home is very nice! :)
  • yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    Beautiful modern design! Great job! :)
  • misscbongmisscbong Posts: 736 Member
    edited March 2016
    Classic Luxury Bathroom:

I don't generally do a lot of Rooms, but it's something I have been trying to play around with more lately. I find I can build my usual houses, but by the time it comes around to doing the interior, I've lost interest.

So, I chose to participate in the QC room challenge #QCRooms25 and try my hand at building a bathroom. My favourite items in the game are often the bathtubs (my real life one is WAY too small and shallow) so I created a room to showcase the bathroom.

Gallery Link

****Must have Move Objects On before placing

#MCB

Bathtub with a gorgeous fire place behind it:
    03-08-16_10-53-27nbspAM.png

Private shower room:
    03-08-16_10-56-01nbspAM.png

Private toilet area with TWO toilets:
    03-08-16_10-55-17nbspAM.png

"His" sink area:
    03-08-16_10-54-44nbspAM.png

"Her" sink area:
    03-08-16_11-22-07nbspAM.png

Dressing area with clothing and shoe closets:
    03-08-16_11-12-51nbspAM.png

03-08-16_11-13-11nbspAM.png

03-08-16_10-56-28nbspAM.png
    Classic Luxury Bathroom is a very elegantly nice bathroom! :) It looks very nice how the room is based around the perfect tub. The colour scheme of the room is very calming. The middle section of the room looks so very nice! It looks nice how the fireplace is beside the tub, and will keep the room warm. The bonsai plants look nice placed either ends of the tub. The flooring patterning gives a great look to the area! The white hanging lights look pretty. It looks very nice how the stools are placed around the edges of the middle section of the room. The curtained shoes racks closet alcoves look so very great! The shoes look very nice how they are placed there! The blossoms look pretty between the shoes closets. It is great that there are GT closets in the room. It looks very nice how there are both his and her sink/counter sections in the room! Very nice vanity table and sink counter area for the woman ! Sims will like sitting on the chair, looking at the mirror and doing their makeup. It looks great how the columns have been placed either sides of the sink to create the nook. The type of windows placed there looks nice. The beauty /toiletries products are nice touches on the counters. The hanging robes are a nice home touch on the side wall. The showers and the toilet nooks are great! It looks great how you have placed the columns there at the entrance to the nooks,
    It is a very nice luxury bathroom! :)
    WOW! I want that bathroom in real life! :D Looks deliciously luxurious! That fireplace and the sitting area looks marvellous! Great job! <3
    Thanks so much @rosemow and @yanti68 You're both so kind to stop by and leave a comment

It's been hard to focus on finishing up some of my builds lately, I keep finishing the shell and exterior and then burn out by the time I get to the inside!
    edited March 2016
    Bristle Cove Cottage:

Well, this build was done as a dream home for me :) I found such a fantastic cottage floor plan, and I knew I just HAD to make it in game! I decorated it as closely to how I would want my own dream home to be (within the limits of the Sims)

It has a separate master suite "house" attached through a walkway, a gorgeous conservatory with plants and comfy wicker furniture. The second floor has two good sized kids rooms and a large bathroom.

Enjoy!

Gallery Link

#MCB

03-14-16_8-01-33nbspPM.png

03-14-16_8-02-11nbspPM.png

03-14-16_8-02-47nbspPM.png

03-14-16_8-02-58nbspPM.png

03-14-16_8-03-29nbspPM.png

03-14-16_8-03-20nbspPM.png

03-14-16_8-03-46nbspPM.png

Master Bedroom:
    03-14-16_8-04-10nbspPM.png

Master Bathroom:
    03-14-16_8-05-17nbspPM.png

Upstairs bedroom:
    03-14-16_8-04-28nbspPM.png

Upstairs bedroom #2:
    03-14-16_8-04-38nbspPM.png

Upstairs bathroom:
    03-14-16_8-04-47nbspPM.png

03-14-16_8-05-52nbspPM.png

edited March 2016
    Bristle Cove Cottage is such a very nice and pretty home ! :) Very nice exterior design of the home and layout of the build! The roofing and windowed dormers are very nice! It looks very nice how the master suite is designed in the layout of the build. Very nice glass windowed and glass roofing conservatory! Sims will enjoy sitting on the sofas there with sunshine coming in through the windows. The flower carts, flowers and plants look very nice in the room. Very nice front porches! Nice sitting areas on the porch in the main area of the home as well as the Master suite porch, for sims to enjoy resting in the outdoors air. The flowers lining the edges of the porches and in the front garden nook look so very pretty! Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The clothes shelf and shoes rack look homely beside the front door and the plants either side of the door are nice for Sims to see when entering the home. The type of dining chairs used look nice and suit the cottage type home. Very nice fireplace siting area in the living room! It looks great how the seating is placed there. Sims will enjoy sitting resting in front of the fire watching tv and reading a book. The plants and flowers on the fireplace ledge, coffee table and seat behind the sofa and the candles on the coffee table are nice touches there. The corner nook with the plant and teapot wall cabinets looks very great! Very nice design of the kitchen! The cabinets look very nice how they are placed around the windows and the crockery display shelves cabinet. The island bar stools counter is great! The fruit bowl and cake display item are great kitchen touches there. Very nice sink and dishwasher nook! The plants look nice on the wall shelves there. Very nice furnishing of the bedrooms! The green, blue and pink colour schemes of the rooms look very nice. Nice study desk nooks in the kids rooms for them to sit at the tables and do homework. The wall decor add very nice looks to the bedrooms. The bath tub nook on the master bedroom looks great! The hanging robes are a nice touch on the walls either sides on the nook in the bathroom. Very nice outdoors dining area! Sims will enjoy cooking meals on the grill and eating the food at the umbrella covered table in the outdoors air. The yellow flower box windows look sunny.
    The home is very nice! :)
    What an adorable cottage! I love the patio and garden area. The interiors are so cosy and beautifully decorated. I especially like the sunroom. Good job! <3
  • MorriSanMorriSan Posts: 412 Member
    Your builds look very realistic, that's something I'm struggling with and your starters are simply marvelous. But what really impressed my, like, jaw meets floor impressed, was that creative shoe cupboard. This is what a luxurious wardrobe should look like! I'm going to borrow that idea for my next modern build if I'm allowed. I never thought about raising those shoeracks above each other.
    @MorriSan - of course you can borrow it! Thanks so much for commenting!

It's honestly been ages since I have played Sims, and even longer since I have been able to focus enough on finishing a house. I'm starting up again, though, and figure I'll start small and some more starter homes, but also more "luxurious" small homes.

I mean, I can't be the only Simmer who prefers smaller houses to HUGE expansive ones....right?
  • MorriSanMorriSan Posts: 412 Member
    edited January 2017
    I like the challenge of bigger lots but for a home that I actually play I prefer smaller houses. Not that small though^^ I'm a packrat and I want to display my fav collections....and the plants, oh the plants... Yeah, but that's one reason why I admire builders who can make small and beautiful homes - because I suck at it^^ I've been playing since sims1 and a long, long time ago (bha, I'm old) all of the furniture took up so much space- I've been f.ex. conditioned to make double space stairs so my sims don't get stuck if two wawnt to use them at the same time. I needed months do break that habit.
    Palm Desert Modern

This 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom home was built for the BnS #62 Challenge.

It comes in at under $20,000 with the lot. Fully furnished and decorated, inside and out.

I LOVE making starter homes. It's always a fun challenge, and I think people really want/need them.

TUxrQis.png

KmLfc2L.png

IanjDCg.png

5LRWEwo.png

XHnaZZb.png

uw0001i.png

22xFGTE.png
    Palm Desert Modern is a very nice starter! :) The layout of the build looks very nice! It looks great how you have placed the front windows. The rock and yellow flowers in the front area of the build is a nice touch. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home. The kitchen themed items look great on the stove wall. The open plan layout of the kitchen, living and dining area looks great. The purple colour of the stools and the yellow colour of the living room chairs are very nice touches of colour. Nice sitting area for sims to enjoy resting there watching tv. The patterned floor rug adds a nice look to the room, and the wall painting is colourfully nice! Very nice study room nook! Sims will enjoy sitting at the desk table using the computer or reading a book. The files look great on the table. The planter boxes are a nice touch on the master bedroom wall. Very nice backyard outdoors living area! It looks great how the rocks and plants have been placed there, and create a nice nook for sims to enjoy sitting on the seating in the sunshine. The courtyard area looks great! Sims will enjoy painting on the easel there in the outdoors air or sit chatting on the armchairs together.
    It is a very nice home :)
    Thank you so much @rosemow for commenting!
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,903 Member
    Sweetie Thank you visiting my thread and living such a beautiful comment. I really love your creations. Beautiful layout and design, the detail is epic. <3
  • RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    Palm Desert Modern is a beautiful modern starter! :smiley:
    I like your architecture, very stylish! Love the dark tones and great angles! Wonderful roofing work too! Your landscaping is so pretty! Beautiful gardens! I also adore the backyard and lovely outdoor patio too! And your interior, so amazing! Love the bright and soft color scheme. Love how you added a flowerbed in a bedroom and very creative kitchen area too!
    I love it! I'm adding this to my faves! :smiley:
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    Palm Desert Modern is a fantastic starter home! :smiley: You did a lot on a tight budget. :o Good luck in the challenge!
    @BreeMiles - you're too kind! Thanks for coming over to leave a comment

@RyeCris16 - Thanks so much! It's been ages since I've completed a build, so the BnS challenge was the perfect opportunity to make something small enough that I would be able to get it completed.

@StSciurus - It was such a fun challenge! I really loved your build, as well.
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    Palm Desert Modern is a fantastic starter, love the design and size of the place, looks really roomy and spacious. Best of luck in the challenge :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    Beautiful modern build! Love the chic decor! <3
  • CorwimCorwim Posts: 3,218 Member
    Palm Desert Modern is a beautiful modern starter house! I love the inner courtyard and the interiors look cool and inviting, perfect for a house in the warm desert of Oasis Landing. Wonderful job!
    edited February 2017
    Seabrook Haven

This is a build that will be going into my Beach/Coastal neighbourhood. It is brimming with beach decor, coastal charm, and soft tones throughout.

Gallery Link

It has three bedrooms, three full bathrooms, and upstairs open office area, THREE "screened" in porches, a swimming pool and lots of outdoor space.

6mqiR6O.png

A56YXpm.png

3ukVlLj.png

1Evx8Dd.png

mWHs095.png

4WH0GfJ.png

ZEogwZs.png

@masajo - Thanks so much!

@yanti68 - Thanks! I always love trying a modern architecture style, but somehow it doesn't always translate.

@Corwim - I appreciate you commenting! I was definitely trying to match the feel of Oasis Springs, so I'm happy you like it!
    Seabrook Haven is very nice! :) Very nice design of the home , and the roofing looks great! The white picket fencing looks very nice. Very nice trellis covered front patio! Sims will enjoy resting on the seating in the sunshine there. The flowers and flower cart look very pretty on the edges of the patio! Nice gardening nook for sims to enjoy growing plants in the gardening boxes. The outdoors dining and pool area looks great! Sims will enjoy cooking on the BBQ and dining at the picnic table in the outdoors air or have fun swimming in the pool. Very nice open plan layout of the interior of the home. The fireplace armchairs and sofa living room area looks nice and restful . Sims will enjoy sitting, chatting and reading books there. The bookcase looks nice angled into the corner nook and the flowers wall pictures on the fireplace wall adds a very nice look to the area. The candles are pretty on the coffee table. Very nice kitchen and dining area! The white colour of the kitchen walls and furnishings looks calming and restful. The colour scheme of all the home creates a relaxed feel. Sims will enjoy dining at the table with sunlight coming in through the dining room windows. The flowers are a pretty touch on the table. The upper level sitting, reading and computer study desk area looks very nice! The type of seating used looks nice.
    It is a very nice beach/coastal home :)