Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Making sims without a ton of CC.

Comments

• LivvieLoveLivvieLove Posts: 49 Member
    AMAZING!!
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    See... all ya'lls amazing sims is just converting me more and more to the dark side. Use to, the "pudding" face sims didn't really bother me. I was more Meh, they're a fact of sim life...

And all ya'll have such beautiful sims I can't un-see the gorgeousness and now I am disliking pudding faces more and more in my game.

Beautiful sims! <3
    p8L4V6v.png
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    Thanks @all who liked my sim :)

@HappySimmer3 I don't have problems with sims getting clothes for the wrong gender. Ugly outfits I get tons of, but always for the right gender ;) I do have a plague of sims aging up in the pigtails with the red ribbons but of both genders. I am useless at females and have terrible trouble reverse making sims from the female so only do my tweaking when they are males. Even on the odd occasion where I have had to make a female, I make a male I like and then see if he makes a nice female LOL
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    @Mikezumi Awesome eyes!!
    5JZ57S6.png
  • jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    Gorgeous sims, @GaiaHypothesis ! <3 You're right that it's not always enough to "slap on a ton of cc" to make a sim look good (as @aricarai said: my perfect isn't your perfefct! :) ) In my eyes a sim needs more than "beautiful" to catch my eye, and often playing the sim, creating a background story and character, add to me getting "hooked" (that's why I love Juan Darer and Lucky Perkins in my game!)

So just to say: what has bruised, battered up and terribly awsome Bruce been up to lately - is he definitively 'retired'? ;)
    NymlADp.jpg
    @Mikezumi I use the same default eyes, it took me a while using contacts before settling on "oh my Tiffany"! Your sims are usually awazing, but that Asian looking guy "pops" as you say! :)

@Odonata68 You always seem to find something new out in TS3! :o I use MC for lots of stuff - I can truly say it's "THE" mod I can't live without!- but I don't usually switch hair! Your fairy sim is gorgeous with that hair! Just add the right amount of ruffled fragility to the pixie look! :)

@cwaddell Great job with the robber! :) I usually don't bother with random NPC's, but sometinmes just a quick overhaul of the sliders is enough to give the face character! I'm and admirer of your female sims - I think you always give them such pretty mouths!

@Deshong04 Good examples of what I mean with character sims! So well made they look real! :)

@JoAnne65 and @Deshong04 Kurasoberina is just right for Asian looking sims! :)

@06Bon06 Handsome sims! I even like the vampire! :)
    NymlADp.jpg
    I have one default skin, as I'm too lazy to make over all the inhabitants in my towns, and it varies, depending on where I'm going (China, Africa, Europe can't -in my opinion- have the same defaults!
    Then I have loads of non-default skins! My favoriite is Navetsea's hairy4, as I just love the way faces look with that skin. The only B-moll is the backs, so I avoid taking nekkid pictures from behind, without changing first...

Here's my overhaul of WA Sun Young Kim (Kurasoberina)
    Sun%20Young%20Kim%2002_zpsd1ujerie.jpg

NymlADp.jpg
    @jillbg I am lazy and have been using those eyes since I started using CC way back when LOL I do like trying skins but have relatively few compared to some of my simmer friends as I am also lazy about changing skins. Thank you :D
    I love your makeover of Sun Young Kim! I have seen her in several simmers' games and she is always pretty :)
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    jillbg wrote: »
    @Mikezumi I use the same default eyes, it took me a while using contacts before settling on "oh my Tiffany"! Your sims are usually awazing, but that Asian looking guy "pops" as you say! :)

@Odonata68 You always seem to find something new out in TS3! :o I use MC for lots of stuff - I can truly say it's "THE" mod I can't live without!- but I don't usually switch hair! Your fairy sim is gorgeous with that hair! Just add the right amount of ruffled fragility to the pixie look! :)

@cwaddell Great job with the robber! :) I usually don't bother with random NPC's, but sometinmes just a quick overhaul of the sliders is enough to give the face character! I'm and admirer of your female sims - I think you always give them such pretty mouths!

@Deshong04 Good examples of what I mean with character sims! So well made they look real! :)

@JoAnne65 and @Deshong04 Kurasoberina is just right for Asian looking sims! :)

@06Bon06 Handsome sims! I even like the vampire! :)

Aww thanks. I've been enjoying him in my game.

And your sims are all beautiful and unique ^^
    Thanks, @06Bon06 ! :)
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Nice topic. Personally, I do not like to create my sims using a ton of CC, they just make me feel like I am going to loose them for some reason if I do that due to the fact that after some updates they are not compatible anymore.
    IfvKgi.jpg[/URL]
  • HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    Since they don't update TS3 any more @BuildingStructures there is little danger of that now. In fact I've had a great time the past year and a half trying out different kinds of CC and it's a really great feeling to not have to worry about that.

TS4 is of course a different story, and one of the reasons I don't play it much is because I can't play it without mods and CC, but they patch too often and break too much stuff to make that worthwhile, IMO.
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    I had another go at sim-making today. I have to admit to having little patience to spend a whole heap of time on them. But I did use real faces to copy, even for the guy this time. What do you think? Any better lol?
    Dad.
    Walter.jpg?dl=0
    Mum.
    Skyler.jpg?dl=0
    Teen daughter.
    Holly.jpg?dl=0

Since I haven't gotten around to downloading more cc yet, the only cc they have is the Mango smoothie skin. I'm not even gonna mention who I based their faces on, as they look absolutely nothing like them ha ha. But I am happy enough with them to play, they are the family I am going to use in AP and the daughter will be my main concentration. She's going to grow up to be a country and western star.
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    @elanorbreton I think your Sims look very realistic! I especially like your red-headed girl. :heart:
  • Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    @jillbg thank you! :) I think I read about making the different gendered hairs available to the opposite gender, using MC, here somewhere on the forums. I don't remember the "path" to to adjust it, though. Your Sun Young Kim is gorgeous by the way. <3

@elanorbreton I think your family looks great! The daughter even has that "sullen teen" look. B)
  • Since they don't update TS3 any more @BuildingStructures there is little danger of that now. In fact I've had a great time the past year and a half trying out different kinds of CC and it's a really great feeling to not have to worry about that.

TS4 is of course a different story, and one of the reasons I don't play it much is because I can't play it without mods and CC, but they patch too often and break too much stuff to make that worthwhile, IMO.

One of the other reasons why I can not like TS4 even though I force myself is the same for me too. I do not want to play the sims game while I am not having mods and CCs. I agree, because for ts4, there are not tons of hairstyles; plus, they do not look realistic as they do in ts3, I personally think so.

IfvKgi.jpg[/URL]
  • ElliePlaysGamesElliePlaysGames Posts: 3 New Member

I've been trying to make my sim self and a sim self of my friend for a while now but it doesn't look anything like me or him :( anyone have any tips and tricks or anything they can to to help?? thanks in advance
    @Odonata68 Thanks! :) Making hair available for all genders is easy, just open MC-settings-CAS and it's somewhere in there. :)
    NymlADp.jpg
    Teen daughter.
    Holly.jpg?dl=0
    @elanorbreton I especially like the daughter, she looks real! :) A little like Betty in Riverdale:

Lili_Reinhart_Betty_Riverdale-1014x570.jpg
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Animal70Animal70 Posts: 45 Member
    @Mikezumi Your Sim creations impress the daylights out of me.
    @Animal70 Thank you :) I am sure my sims would not look so good without their CC but I am terribly fond of them anyway :D
  • SunnyyesjamsSunnyyesjams Posts: 541 Member
    @GaiaHypothesis What the heck! :open_mouth: I never thought I'd say this but Santa Claus is sexy!
    kwdT9wX.gif
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    @jillbg oh wow, I've never had a sim look like a real person before (even if it's accidental lol)! Thank you <3