Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CC not working since current update

Hello, I've been downloading CC for quite a while now and rarely have problems, however since the new update (non-binary genders/lighting), the game won't seem to let me add any NEW cc by saying the cc is 'corrupted', when 90% of the time I know it isn't. I've used Sims 4 studio to update for the new Genders. However I saw something that said 'Please make sure to update tools to specify version 2.1 for all
package files'. I have no idea how to do this or what 'tools' I need. Is there anyway to fix this issue?

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Hello
    Another simmer who had been having many issues after the patch, installed the Sims 4 Mod Manager and that resolved their issues. Try doing that and see if that may help your issues also.
    http://modthesims.info/d/534991
  • Options
    kaw2006kaw2006 Posts: 72 New Member
    I have a similar issue, except neither my CC or my mods work so the Mod Manager won't be much help. As soon as I discovered CC, I downloaded a bunch, but to my great disappointment they didn't show up in-game. I have a few sub-folders in the Mods section, should I get rid of them?
    PLEASE HELP!
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    kaw2006 wrote: »
    I have a similar issue, except neither my CC or my mods work so the Mod Manager won't be much help. As soon as I discovered CC, I downloaded a bunch, but to my great disappointment they didn't show up in-game. I have a few sub-folders in the Mods section, should I get rid of them?
    PLEASE HELP!

Have you enabled CC in Game Options?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options

Yes, and I have checked a thousand times to see if it is checked.
    And I have done "View Custom Content" and it was blank.
    :cry: I have really good custom content but I can't even use it!

• Options

First, did you restart the game after ticking that? Are you certain it's Sims 4 not Sims 3 CC?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options

First, did you restart the game after ticking that? Are you certain it's Sims 4 not Sims 3 CC?
    Yes I went to ModTheSims website and checked to see its the Sims 4 CC. Thumbnails were Sims 4 too. Also I restarted the game a LOT. And got lots of patches. But it still doesn't work.

• Options
    Ok. A next thing to try is a fresh folder. Drag the Mods folder to the desktop, restart the game, exit, it only the cc files in the new folder, not the old resource.cfg.
  • Options
    Ok. A next thing to try is a fresh folder. Drag the Mods folder to the desktop, restart the game, exit, it only the cc files in the new folder, not the old resource.cfg.

Which Mods folder? My subfolder or the game folder?
  • Options

Hello
    Move your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new mods folder will be generated in the sims 4 folder. Exit the game. Place your mods/cc from the old mods folder into the new mods folder. Make sure that there is only one resource.cfg file in the new mods folder.
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello
    Move your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new mods folder will be generated in the sims 4 folder. Exit the game. Place your mods/cc from the old mods folder into the new mods folder. Make sure that there is only one resource.cfg file in the new mods folder.

Will try! Thanks...
  • Options
    Didn't work. A new folder wasn't generated so I moved the old one back, there was an extra resource.cfg file I got rid of, still didn't work

• Options
    Didn't work. A new folder wasn't generated so I moved the old one back, there was an extra resource.cfg file I got rid of, still didn't work

You restarted the game and didn't get a new folder? It sounds like you're putting your CC where the game can't see it. Do a search for the Mods folder in your system and then open where it is. On a PC, it should be in Users > [your user] > Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4.
  • Options

Hello
    I am just checking that if they are cc like clothing or furnishings, that you have taken the cc package files out of any zipped folder that they came in and placed the package files in the mods folder? If they came in rar form, you need to extract the package files out also.
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello
    I am just checking that if they are cc like clothing or furnishings, that you have taken the cc package files out of any zipped folder that they came in and placed the package files in the mods folder? If they came in rar form, you need to extract the package files out also.

I did.

You restarted the game and didn't get a new folder? It sounds like you're putting your CC where the game can't see it. Do a search for the Mods folder in your system and then open where it is. On a PC, it should be in Users > [your user] > Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4.

And it is.
  • Options
    LivvieLoveLivvieLove Posts: 49 Member
    Did you make sure your cc/mods are turned on?
  • Options
    LivvieLove wrote: »
    Did you make sure your cc/mods are turned on?

Yes I have.
  • Options
    So you did find the Mods folder then, where it belongs, which means the game created it. Have you synced that folder to an online service like Dropbox etc? If so, unsync it. The game doesn't play nice with syncing. And have you tried a single piece of CC at a time?

• Options
    So you did find the Mods folder then, where it belongs, which means the game created it. Have you synced that folder to an online service like Dropbox etc? If so, unsync it. The game doesn't play nice with syncing. And have you tried a single piece of CC at a time?

I don't have Dropbox.
    And I haven't tried one CC at a time, but before I do, it might be time-consuming... How will it help?
  • Options
    edited February 2017

I don't have Dropbox.
    And I haven't tried one CC at a time, but before I do, it might be time-consuming... How will it help?

It will help you figure out which CC is causing the problem, if that's what's happening. You might have Sims 3 package files mixed in there, or CC that's no longer game compatible.

Also it's not only Dropbox that can cause issues if it's set to sync game files. Any similar program can - the Google one, the Microsoft one, etc. etc.
  • Options

I don't have Dropbox.

It will help you figure out which CC is causing the problem, if that's what's happening. You might have Sims 3 package files mixed in there, or CC that's no longer game compatible.

Also it's not only Dropbox that can cause issues if it's set to sync game files. Any similar program can - the Google one, the Microsoft one, etc. etc.

I don't sync my folders.
    Also, how will one CC at a time help? Will a possibly broken CC ruin all my CC and make none of them work?
  • Options

I don't have Dropbox.

I don't sync my folders.
    Also, how will one CC at a time help? Will a possibly broken CC ruin all my CC and make none of them work?

Yes, that's possible. It could be that you have two items conflicting with each other, or one (or more) that's badly breaking the game's functioning. Unfortunately, the only way to find out is to add it back in in smaller batches.
  • Options
    xlauraplayssimsxlauraplayssims Posts: 4 New Member
    Hello, I have a problem and I really hope someone can give me answers.
    So recently, I got The Sims 4. I really wanted to download Custom Content to my game, and I downloaded a dress from TheSimsRecources. Before I did that I looked up tutorials on how to put your CC into the game. So I put my dress in the Mods folder (the dress was .package) and went in my game. The download showed up on 'Non-Script Mods', but not in the game. I've turned on the Allow Mods in my settings, I tried restarting the game, looking for people with the same problem, but nothing worked and looks like there aren't people with the same problem as me. Can someone please help?

• Options
    Hello, I have a problem and I really hope someone can give me answers.
    So recently, I got The Sims 4. I really wanted to download Custom Content to my game, and I downloaded a dress from TheSimsRecources. Before I did that I looked up tutorials on how to put your CC into the game. So I put my dress in the Mods folder (the dress was .package) and went in my game. The download showed up on 'Non-Script Mods', but not in the game. I've turned on the Allow Mods in my settings, I tried restarting the game, looking for people with the same problem, but nothing worked and looks like there aren't people with the same problem as me. Can someone please help?

Hello @xlauraplayssims
    I am sorry that you are having this issue. It would be good to post the name of the dress here and simmers may be able to tell you if they are also having issues with the dress or test for you
  • Options
    tink43tink43 Posts: 11 New Member
    kaw2006 im having the same problem did you ever get it fixed
  • Options
    tink43tink43 Posts: 11 New Member

I don't have Dropbox.

im having the same problem did u ever get it fixed?