Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Yard Sales

2...Next

Comments

• Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    So I lucked into some high dollar frogs. They are worth 120. So I keep a breeding pair for each Sim. Breed them and the new ones I put on the table. At 300% I get 360 per frog. I think four fit on the table. You can make some decent money that way and it doesn't take as long as the retail store. I think the markup on the retail store is maxed at 100%.

I'm gonna see if it will let me do baked goods or drinks. Lemonade stand, anyone?
  • artistjuartistju Posts: 174 Member
    I guess you can buy art but I would like everything you can buy for furnishings at the flea market
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    Put the table and the art board on your property, click and choose put in inventory. go to where you want to sell your stuff. open inventory and choose, place in world. once placed click on it and choose stock from inventory, like the fridge another pop up screen appears. drag what you want to sell to the pop up. then click table and select stock, tend table, start street sale and mark up prices in that order.
    be careful though because sometimes another sim will come along and take over your table or art stand. but you should still get the money. and remember to put your stuff back in your inventory before the flea market finishes.
  • TheBristolSimmerTheBristolSimmer Posts: 705 Member
    I played around with the yard sale stuff not long ago to. So much easier than having your own retail shop. In fact I don't see much point in the retail shops, as it doesn't come up as your job as a retail owner, no aspiration for it either. Not so well thought out feature. But anyway back to the yard sale - I to was under the impression that the tarp would be useable for us to have yard sales to sell chairs, sofas etc etc. Would actually been a great story telling feature. Your sims earning enough money to sell their old and buy new. Shame about the tarps. :)
    The Bristol Simmer||Find my builds and legacy updates on the gallery! Have a happy day!

68OUgVc.jpg
    The problem with the retail lots is it just takes all Sim day to sell anything. $3000 painting or $25 lamp. You had to harangue your customers all day long. My self employed Sims made less on retail lots. I do still like them and use them, but they are just second homes for my Sims. I seldom use them for selling anything.
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    The problem with the retail lots is it just takes all Sim day to sell anything. $3000 painting or $25 lamp. You had to harangue your customers all day long. My self employed Sims made less on retail lots. I do still like them and use them, but they are just second homes for my Sims. I seldom use them for selling anything.

Another thing they (retail lots) are good for is keeping a pot of money for when you move sims out
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison

Another thing they (retail lots) are good for is keeping a pot of money for when you move sims out

It's a great savings account :)
    The Bristol Simmer||Find my builds and legacy updates on the gallery! Have a happy day!

68OUgVc.jpg
    Back when one of my Sims needed to do mischevious interactions for his job, I used the retail lot to bring in loads of Sims for him to prank.
  • notetoself00xnotetoself00x Posts: 499 Member
    I got my sim's gourmet cooking skill up to 10 and I make Baked Alaska (serving of 8) for $100 and sell at a 50% markup and they sell for $1,053 each. I didnt even try it at a higher markup! But selling food can be extremely profitable especially with the "homey" and "chef's kitchen" lot traits.
    Now that's a great idea.

68OUgVc.jpg

Is it really, though? Furniture and appliances go down in value. Back before they "fixed" the produce, I would store harvests in the chest and ise that to gift my kids when they moved out. When they "fixed" them so they wouldn't continue to increase in value while being stored, it broke harvstables so they have no value when transferred between lots. And the great level plants you find at the festivals are only normal when you sell them or plant them. If you can plant them at all.

Is it really, though? Furniture and appliances go down in value. Back before they "fixed" the produce, I would store harvests in the chest and ise that to gift my kids when they moved out. When they "fixed" them so they wouldn't continue to increase in value while being stored, it broke harvstables so they have no value when transferred between lots. And the great level plants you find at the festivals are only normal when you sell them or plant them. If you can plant them at all.

I meant just having a retail lot with nothing on it and name it "Savings account" and put money in it... :)

68OUgVc.jpg
    Oh. Yes, I do that too. I forgot about that.
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    I got my sim's gourmet cooking skill up to 10 and I make Baked Alaska (serving of 8) for $100 and sell at a 50% markup and they sell for $1,053 each. I didnt even try it at a higher markup! But selling food can be extremely profitable especially with the "homey" and "chef's kitchen" lot traits.

I am so going to do this
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member

Oh, my gosh. I didn't even know we had Baked Alaska! :blush:
    My sim needed quick cash - The yard sale feature is brilliant!!

bwY9xrr.jpg

68OUgVc.jpg
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I had no idea we could do any of this. *mind blown, as much as someone as sleepy as myself can get anyway*
    Gallery ID: babysquare
    Guess who I saw having a yard sale at the Flea Market?

ix6o3b.png
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,403 Member
    I saw Grim once too! He was selling his old toys :D
  • KookicrazyKookicrazy Posts: 1 New Member
    I've had several yard sales, and sold at the flea market but I haven't made any money off of it. I've tried selling paintings, collected items, and various things, but still no luck.
  • EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    Closing Necro'd thread. Please keep in mind the forum rules and be mindful not to
    Necropost. Reviving, updating or bumping old, outdated and irrelevant threads is not helpful for our community. It's best to check when the thread was created before you hit post, just to make sure it's not 2 years old.
    • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top