Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need Help With MC Command Center? Ask *HERE*! **INACTIVE THREAD**

Comments

• lejoninnalejoninna Posts: 4,287 Member
    can someone help? I don't get ittttt

I'm trying to stop the game from generating random townies, and I go on the population mod, but i dont get it. the max homeless menu says mimimun -1, maximum 100, default -1. i'm guessing it's that thing you alter. but I don¨'t wanna increase it. idkkkk. pls help
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    lejoninna wrote: »

I'm trying to stop the game from generating random townies, and I go on the population mod, but i dont get it. the max homeless menu says mimimun -1, maximum 100, default -1. i'm guessing it's that thing you alter. but I don¨'t wanna increase it. idkkkk. pls help

try setting the homeless population to 0.
  • egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member

You can't STOP the game from creating townies. Never going to happen. But, Deaderpool answered a similar question at MC a few days ago, in Post 19054

Link is just for reference. It's a little long, but I'm going to paste it here, anyway.
    I've actually been talking about this quite a bit...here and in my change logs. For example, if you look at the changelog from the 3.1.1 update:

Ok, so this homeless thing. It's really out of control. You know it, I know it. Some of these are to make-up for the fact that EA doesn't have story progression with families. Rather than just letting the world populate itself, Sim Filters generate child households for City Living and even old-world neighborhoods for school communiting and such. Once a Sim ages up to Teen from childhood, the game creates another family for the same thing. Do we really need another family generated if we have our own children coming-into the world through pregnancy, I don't think so. So I've been doing some analysis of ways to reduce this overload. This is just the first step in what I hope to be eventually a much smaller number of generated Sims.

I modified a few filters the game uses for Sim generation so they don't generate new households if the "world population limit" is met. This is basically the "Maximum Homeless Sims" setting. So if that's set to 5 (EA Default) and there are at least 5 homeless families, it should not generate a homeless family for this filter.

BUT, like I said in the previous post, there is NO WAY to do it as things are now. The game is ONLY generating homeless for roles. There isn't a way to prevent it from generating Sims for roles. It never generates a homeless for just no reason. They are all for a specific reason. If you look in the log file with logging enabled, anytime a homeless is generated, it shows the filter that it was generated for. They are always for something and the game always tries to use existing Sims before it creates another so if it creates one, it is because there are no other Sims that fit the role needed.

The core game is not made to "re-use" Sims that already exist when filling a role. That's one of the primary reasons for all of the homeless. EA will have to change that functionality. I can't. I'm just trying to make things better with the tweaks that I can add, like the one I quoted above that was part of the 3.1.1 patch.

Does this help any?
    Ashkevron wrote: »
    I am starting with a clean install, no cc or mods yet. So I will do exactly as you suggest and see what that tells me and work from there. If I install MC first and then put in other mods one by one, will I know right away if a mod conflicts? Say I installed a culling mod, how soon after starting up the game would I know it?

So will spend the rest of the night doing what you suggested and see where that takes me an if I have any questions after that I will come back here for direction. Thanks for the amazingly quick response.

That was really lucky timing. :) I work nights, just happened to see your post pop up when I was about to sit down and load my pockets (change, ID, etc etc) for work. I had a few minutes to spare...

I couldn't resist the chance to turn you on to all the cool work Deaderpool has put into the mod's description page. I think it's pretty epic.

If you add a mod that conflicts with MC, you'll see error messages in your MC log (mc_cmd_center.log). Even if you don't have it enabled (why NOT?? :D IMO everybody should turn logging on Right Now ;) ), if things foul up, you will still see error messages in it. Window out and open it with the game running, you'll see what I mean.

Also, check in /Sims4 for LastException files. They're pretty helpful sometimes for narrowing down problems. OTOH, sometimes they *don't* tell you anything useful, and will take a page to do it. It isn't an exact science, error-catching, I guess. LOL!

Worse cases, MC won't initialize, or your game won't even load, just spins at the loading screen. That's a SURE bet something's not agreeing somewhere in /Mods. (Could easily also include cc, especially after game-changing patches).

One tip, right now in MC there are a couple of broken things, fixes coming in 3.2.0. One is pretty minor, the "h" (hidden) switch for get_pop printouts. The other switches all work fine.

The other one is a crusher, the new Custom Occult Pregnancy setting. It needs to be off for 3.1.1, vampires hosed what he'd already placed for aliens, and it's causing babies to poof away at birth. And other stuff.

If you want to know where 3.1.1 info starts at MC, that's with the Change Log post, 18665.

Last post right now there is 19443. We are a prolific bunch, over yonder!

Requoting this, because I found a little more, info on how the Maximum Homeless setting works now. (It's different from how it used to be, and I get confused. But what follows is from Deaderpool in Post 18774.)
    If you look at the setting description on the main description page in the MC Population setting, it says:
    Only generate homeless households up to this number. After that, don't generate anymore until the number drops below it. There will NEVER be zero homeless created. This number limits the homeless FAMILIES generated, not the homeless single-Sim households that are used by the core game for NPC careers and roles. Those are not touched by my code to ensure that the game doesn't break. If the number of homeless in the world (not including retirement homes) is less-than-or-equal-to this setting, then the homeless will not move into a house.

If you delete the Sims created for filters and roles needed by the game, it will just recreate them. That's how it works.
    edited February 2017
    double post. forum SAID "try again"... :p

Maybe I'll put something useful here, later. We'll see.
  • AshkevronAshkevron Posts: 579 Member
    Okay so opening up all the things that the mod does I was able to eliminate like a dozen other mods that are covered by MC.

I do have one question. The No Fat/No Muscle by Scripthoge is not updated for latest patch. However I noticed that in MC there is an option called Appearance_MonitorPhysique that sounds like it might do the same thing. Will this keep my sim looking the same regardless of exercise or how much he eats? I think that turning this on will allow my sim to stay looking the same as he does now but I also see above that the Appearance_MaleFitLimits and Appearance_MaleLeanLimits...and wonder if I have to also adjust these or do I nearly need to turn on the monitor.

If someone could confirm this will keep my sim from changing and explaining exactly what I need to do to make sure he doesn't change that would be tremendously helpful?
    Okay so opening up all the things that the mod does I was able to eliminate like a dozen other mods that are covered by MC.

I do have one question. The No Fat/No Muscle by Scripthoge is not updated for latest patch. However I noticed that in MC there is an option called Appearance_MonitorPhysique that sounds like it might do the same thing. Will this keep my sim looking the same regardless of exercise or how much he eats? I think that turning this on will allow my sim to stay looking the same as he does now but I also see above that the Appearance_MaleFitLimits and Appearance_MaleLeanLimits...and wonder if I have to also adjust these or do I nearly need to turn on the monitor.

If someone could confirm this will keep my sim from changing and explaining exactly what I need to do to make sure he doesn't change that would be tremendously helpful?

We're getting more options in CAS in MC 3.2.0. Including the "Freeze Physique" flag, IIRC. May not be its proper name, but yeah, we're getting ways to keep sims at whatever fitness level/shape they have currently. Soon.

I am NOT an expert with MC CAS, but I can tell you a few things.

I have Monitor Physique enabled, but I don't have anything non-default in the 4 Fit/Fat settings. Those work off the sliders in CAS... say your gym trainer has fitness of 99%, and he's too blocky-looking... you can set the max there to 95, and he'll "soften up" a little. I think of it as rubber bands around the ends of each slider.

The various "appearance" (MC CAS) settings are fun to play with on sims, in live mode. I DO have MC generating random bodies on incoming sims, and some of them are ... um... not too well-put-together. The Sim > MC CAS settings make it easy to tweak stomachs and butts down, hips to "match" waists and legs better, bigger/smaller busts (who goes smaller? haha!), etc etc.

Of course the TEMPLATES could be used to regulate things for all of a particular age/gender combination.

Some of my males have TINY feet. Those settings all range from -100 to 100 and 0 is the default. So if you get someone with feet so small they look like they're going to tip over, it's probably a -75 or something. Try 0, you'll see a BIG difference. ;) Then try 100 for a laugh. ;)

Hopefully, somebody who has done more with CAS will chime in. I'd like to know how other players are using it, too. I'm not taking advantage of its full potential, myself.
    You have the monitor enabled but haven't changed the other two settings I mentioned...does you Sim maintain their look or will they change or have you noticed?
    You have the monitor enabled but haven't changed the other two settings I mentioned...does you Sim maintain their look or will they change or have you noticed?

I really haven't noticed. The only time I've every REALLY noticed my sims changing was back in the early days, I saved a few copies (as time went by) of the same sisters (YA) to my library, and the newer ones were decidedly, progressively "rounder" than the initial girls were. LOL!!

You may see them change some. There are recipes and potions and various other ways in the game to go insta-fat or insta-lean. (I know, that isn't what you asked.) My best advice would be don't stress over it Too Much while we have 3.1.1. When 3.2.0 is released, what you're asking for will be part of it.

If you don't want to wait, Deaderpool is releasing early versions of 3.2.0.x (4 now) on his Patreon site (link in my sig, below). If it's worth tossing a few bucks his way, you can play with it now. NOT a requirement, just an option, since I know you're interested in what he's adding next. $3 and $9 options. I went for $9 and COULD play with the new goodies, I just think I'm better off sticking with the version I'm trying to help people get going with. You know? :) I'll get my shot at 3.2.0 soon enough. Maybe a week or so. (Educated wild stab.) We'll see.

I absolutely despise autocorrect. Just had to throw that out there. :p

There ARE people here already playing with 3.2.0, so if you go that route, *I* may not be much "hands on" help, but someone here will probably be able to give you a hand, if things come up. I am keeping up with the change logs, so I know pretty much what's coming, at least. I had said it'd be best to go to his Patreon site for help with those versions, but that isn't a "rule" or anything.

Ask. Maybe we'll all learn something new. :)

• Ulfric_GrimbrandUlfric_Grimbrand Posts: 681 Member
    @Ashkevron
    I still use the No Fatness / No Fitness mods, because currently, MC Command Center does not do the same thing with the monitor physique option. But it does sound like that is about to change :)
    @Ashkevron
    I still use the No Fatness / No Fitness mods, because currently, MC Command Center does not do the same thing with the monitor physique option. But it does sound like that is about to change :)

I hope DP doesn't shoot me for this, but I just went and grabbed what he says about fat/fit incoming options...
    Added "Set Fit" and "Set Fat" options in MC CAS on Sims to allow setting the fitness and fatness of Sims without having to go into CAS to edit them.
    Added a flag for "Freeze Physique". When it is set on a Sim, the muscle/fat values will never change for them either by MCCC or through game interactions.

Is that kinda what you guys are looking for?
    edited February 2017
    Story time, in a way. Remember I mentioned Silvia, my ex-Alien Pollinator?

As time went on, after I initially added her to the household, I noticed she wasn't exactly working right. There but not there, for some things. She knew her son, Brandon, but he had no idea who she was. Uneven relationships like that don't happen in THIS sims game, so I started digging.

In a save I ended up not keeping, I took all six to the romance festival, which did NOT load properly, I guess because it started at 5, and my scientist was at work till 7. (Saturday, she didn't work. SOMETHING was going on that made me not go early, though... hmm.) So, problems there, too. Food stands on top of each other, etc. In the house, Silvia had options to interact with Brandon, but he still wasn't "knowing" her.

One cute note, toddlers on community lots are given a "Go To Daycare" button instead of a "Go Home" house icon like the rest get. At the festival, she couldn't interact with Brandon at all, and all he could do was "show toy" to her. His mother. Athena, OTOH, could pick him right up. At that point, I ditched the save, went back to 4pm, and blew off going to the festival. Round two went much better.

MC helped me fix Silvia's problems. Turns out the Alien Pollinator trait was borking things, "hiding" her when she shouldn't be. Once she got a "go home" icon while sitting in her living room. I ended up using MC to Humanize her, because I couldn't get the trait-removing cheat to work. And then I used it to Alienize her again. So she's back to a full blooded alien, just not an AP now.

I also decided to use MC's Relationships tweaks to put them both at 50, once Silvia was more "normal." Friends, but with room for more hanging out.

Once I figured out what I needed to do, I was impressed by how ridiculously easy Silvia was to fix. MC is the bomb!

Running toddlers are hilarious. I probably will keep Silvia and Brandon around my house a while longer.

However, the NEXT thing I should do is a quick rotate blitz. I have a few other toddlers I'd like to see skill up. Sunday's a good day to turn loose of my main house for a little while, nobody has to be anywhere. I also have a couple of pregnancies about to go into labor, waiting for those notes to pop up, too. It'll be a mover and shaker day, once I get to play it. But, work week. So it may not be a "soon" followup post. Today's evidently a net catch up day. ;)

Any other "MC Saved the Day" stories out there? SHARE!! :smiley:

@Ashkevron

I hope DP doesn't shoot me for this, but I just went and grabbed what he says about fat/fit incoming options...
    Added "Set Fit" and "Set Fat" options in MC CAS on Sims to allow setting the fitness and fatness of Sims without having to go into CAS to edit them.
    Added a flag for "Freeze Physique". When it is set on a Sim, the muscle/fat values will never change for them either by MCCC or through game interactions.

Exactly what I am looking for!! Thanks for the info. I actually have all the mods I think I want, gonna test the game a bit to see if everything is working then am gonna go on my CC hunt. That could take a week alone...gotta get clothes, shoes, hair, furniture....then gonna go looking for lots. So it will likely be a week or longer before I actually start a game that I will play..
    @Ashkevron

Exactly what I am looking for!! Thanks for the info. I actually have all the mods I think I want, gonna test the game a bit to see if everything is working then am gonna go on my CC hunt. That could take a week alone...gotta get clothes, shoes, hair, furniture....then gonna go looking for lots. So it will likely be a week or longer before I actually start a game that I will play..

I realize "new to MC" doesn't mean "new to mods/cc"... but, Captain Obvious and I wanted to remind you to be cautious with adding new stuff, stick with a couple/few new items at a time, and TEST OFTEN. MC logs, LastExceptions, purple polkadots... y'know? Anything weird can happen in this game. We've seen it. Haha!

What older files toddlers didn't hose, vampires probably did, you know? Anything not at least a 2017 file, I'd be pretty suspicious of it working right, now. Read comments where you download from. That's usually a pretty good indicator of how busted something is after a patch.

Having said that, here's a great local thread all about finding cc... you'll love it!

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/861742/anyone-have-any-wcif-requests#latest

• ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    @Ashkevron

If you are going to get into CC, I strongly recommend you get hold of Sims Studio 4. Even tho' this is for creating mods, it has an excellent CC management tool and has a nice list of cheats that run a range of fixes from stopping clothes in the shower to NPC sims wearing CC.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
    @Ashkevron

If you are going to get into CC, I strongly recommend you get hold of Sims Studio 4. Even tho' this is for creating mods, it has an excellent CC management tool and has a nice list of cheats that run a range of fixes from stopping clothes in the shower to NPC sims wearing CC.

thanks, I will definitely look into that
  • CyclelegsCyclelegs Posts: 375 Member

I use V3.2 and I hate massive, bulky sims, especially teens. I use -90:+65% on my fit limits. I monitor with "Zone In" checking. It slows venue loading a touch but not by much as I only use EA defaults for the max number of sims at the Venue (20). The alternative to Zone In checking is to do it manually whenever you see a sim that has got out of hand; I sometimes switch back to this now that the ability to change fat/fit has been added to the 'On Sim' MC menu. Changing fat/fit has never been so easy. I do like my sims to change body mass a bit so I have not used the new 'no change' flag to stop that.

I was stupid when I went for CC. I thought this is brilliant and I stuffed my game with tones of stuff. I have been trying to ditch most of it ever since. It breaks the game in all sorts of ways. I now have a rule. I don't add CC unless I have run it through S4 Studio and corrected all the Colours, settings and swatches. And, I try not to use it if there is anything remotely similar by EA.

After the toddler patch I spent 2 days finding a Decorative Toothbrush piece of CC that was causing my game to crash.

Good Hunting
    Cyclelegs wrote: »

I use V3.2 and I hate massive, bulky sims, especially teens. I use -90:+65% on my fit limits. I monitor with "Zone In" checking. It slows venue loading a touch but not by much as I only use EA defaults for the max number of sims at the Venue (20). The alternative to Zone In checking is to do it manually whenever you see a sim that has got out of hand; I sometimes switch back to this now that the ability to change fat/fit has been added to the 'On Sim' MC menu. Changing fat/fit has never been so easy. I do like my sims to change body mass a bit so I have not used the new 'no change' flag to stop that.

I was plum when I went for CC. I thought this is brilliant and I stuffed my game with tones of stuff. I have been trying to ditch most of it ever since. It breaks the game in all sorts of ways. I now have a rule. I don't add CC unless I have run it through S4 Studio and corrected all the Colours, settings and swatches. And, I try not to use it if there is anything remotely similar by EA.

After the toddler patch I spent 2 days finding a Decorative Toothbrush piece of CC that was causing my game to crash.

Good Hunting

Cool, thanks for speaking up. I knew you had 3.2, and you're a helper-type. I was hoping you'd drop in. :)

Who else is running 3.2? Let's get an "in the know" group going, because like I said, I'm not currently up on the new version. Keeping up with the change logs he's posting isn't the same as a live test shakedown. So, if you'd want to share anything about 3.2, it'd be nice to know what's coming when the rest of us get our hands on it. ;)

No cc here except a handful of skin files. Meh. I've gone both ways, had a bunch, had none. None is easier to mess with post-patch. So that's where I've been pretty much since CL came out. They have clothes and hair and stuff to do, all EA content. I can live with that.
  • EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    I was planning to go grab 3.2 myself sometime tonight. I just hadn't moseyed over and done it yet.
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
  • SimNajaSimNaja Posts: 429 Member
    I am playing with the long lifespan. Then I customizethe age with mc command center. I have som trouble adjust the age for the toddlers. I cant enter the menu where i can type the number of days in the toodler life span.
    When I press the "toddler" icon jumps just completely out of the MC command center.

Can anyone help? :)
    3.2 what? just got here.

We were talking about the incoming next MC version. 3.2.0.x is available as a pre-release version for subscribers to Deaderpool's Patreon page (linked in my sig).

The MTS version is still 3.1.1 (and that's what I have installed, here). While he's working on the next one, he's adding an extra digit on those releases, so now those with access are able to check out 3.2.0.4.

If you're interested enough to scroll back, there are a couple of messages between me and @Cyclelegs about it. Might be a couple of others, too.

Sorry about the confusion. It's just something new DP's recently started doing.
    edited February 2017
    SimNaja wrote: »
    I am playing with the long lifespan. Then I customizethe age with mc command center. I have som trouble adjust the age for the toddlers. I cant enter the menu where i can type the number of days in the toodler life span.
    When I press the "toddler" icon jumps just completely out of the MC command center.

Can anyone help? :)

It just worked fine for me here. My MC version is all 3.1.1. ts4scripts all dated January 25. (Screenshot here.) Game version 1.27.80.1020.

If all that's good, see if you have any errors in your MC log, or any LastException.txt files in /Sims4. If they have numbers, they're old. I'm only interested in the LAST one, whether it has a number or not.

If nothing here has done you any good so far, I'm afraid it may be time to pull out your mods and cc, and check it all to be sure it didn't break recently. Apartments, Toddlers, Vampires... lots of potential avenues for all kinds of breakage, to any EXTRA files added to the game.

Here I'm using MC 3.1.1, Show Sim Info 2.6.0, UI Cheats 1.8 (post patch updated version), and a few I can't mention for this place's teen rating. And switching my toddler ages around, on long lifespan, worked fine. Default button worked, changing the number in the box worked. I didn't get dumped out of MC at all.

Let me know what you come up with. :)

Edit: Sometimes TinyPic is a brat. If you can't see the picture in the above link (I can't see it right now), there's also a copy posted at MC comments, here:

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?p=5151644#post5151644
  • MistyLakeMistyLake Posts: 1,700 Member
    Hi. Just to let you guys know: My relationship decay thingy isn't working. I do not know why this is happening because I have the latest MCCC and I have done everything possible to the game so it runs smoothly but I still notice my sims can't stay angry to one another! °sigh° :(
    "By Grabthar's Hammer! Let There Be Sims!"
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top