Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Butler is Killing Himself

My poor chap is stuck reading the "How to Serve and Not be Served" butler guide to butlering. His lips are quivering, he's exhausted, starving, and needs a shower but he WON'T stop reading. While I admire his dedication to his craft, how do I make him stop?? I've tried talking to him, praising him, etc. Nothing is working lol

32602780182_2d33f2f13e_h.jpg

42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

Comments

• Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    Leave the lot.
  • SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member
    Wow the poor sap!
    He is one nice looking butler. Shame if he dies.
    If you haven't already fixed it. Try just pushing the M key on your keyboard. When it loads cancel and go back to the lot. That fixes slot of "stuck" problems sometimed
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    Thanks, I finally got him to stop by asking him to water the plants. I hated making him work MORE, but at least he put the book down lol. I'll have to remember to leave the lot if it happens again. I didn't think of that.

• Samsonguy9000Samsonguy9000 Posts: 755 Member
    As horrifying as it sounds, you may do your butler a service by burning that book. And him with it.

...what?
  • simplyzoesimplyzoe Posts: 428 Member
    oh my goodness he looks like "Albert" in the new series "Victoria" on PBS!!!!
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    simplyzoe wrote: »

LOL! I had to google that to see what you meant. There is a striking resemblance there. I should bring him into CAS and change his name :D

• MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,749 Member
    simplyzoe wrote: »

LOL! I had to google that to see what you meant. There is a striking resemblance there. I should bring him into CAS and change his name :D

He does-but Albert (ie Prince Albert) was Queen Victoria's consort, much like Prince Phillip is for Victoria's and Albert's great-great-granddaughter Queen Elizabeth II

220px-Prince_Albert_-_Franz_Xaver_Winterhalter_1842.jpg

1840-Victoria-Albert-wedding-3376811.jpg
    6adMCGP.gif
  • taffy550taffy550 Posts: 666 Member
    Poor guy. I just use my butler and nanny for vampire food. It doesn't seem to bother them that long.
  • UnrealRootUnrealRoot Posts: 307 Member
    "How to Serve and Not be Served" The fact he has been reading this book wow, he is dedicated so much.
    How do you get butlers in the game? I am not actually sure.
  • Skcaga6Skcaga6 Posts: 3,399 Member
    UnrealRoot wrote: »
    "How to Serve and Not be Served" The fact he has been reading this book wow, he is dedicated so much.

Then come in the Vintage pack.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • m11kjm11kj Posts: 410 Member
    ..Next time, "testingcheats true", shift click "reset sim".

W79XhDj.png
  • IceDrizzle27IceDrizzle27 Posts: 648 Member
    Where did he get that book from? I've never seen my butler with that book
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,565 Member
    Am I bad for laughing at the title? XD The answer is yes.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • IceDrizzle27IceDrizzle27 Posts: 648 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    Am I bad for laughing at the title? XD The answer is yes.

You're not wrong at all...I had the worst thoughts before reading the post. When I saw the title I thought the OP meant by cleaning to death or preparing and eating poor pufferfish

My Sim became best friends with his butler. He was getting up there in age, so My Sim asked him to move in.

He has 625 copies of this book in his personal inventory.
  • BridgetKVBridgetKV Posts: 200 Member

My Sim became best friends with his butler. He was getting up there in age, so My Sim asked him to move in.

He has 625 copies of this book in his personal inventory.

I'm sorry, what?! :D
    I know, right? The problem is, my Sim is a rags to riches. If I cash them out, I'm going to have to cheat the money away. And they are worth something like 12K.