Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will sims ever use couches again?

Comments

• Options
    DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    edited February 2017
    My sims never seem to sit on the couch when they are playing video games or watching tv. Is this a bug or something?

You can still click on the couch and they will do so...
    Post edited by DegrassiGen on
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    My sims never seem to sit on the couch when they are playing video games or watching tv. Is this a bug or something?

Do you have a coffee table in front of couch? How big is the TV? They stand if it's small (even before this bug) and how close is the TV to the couch? I think there are a lot of problems with the game console I've been reading, I haven't tested it. I notice they have changed recently and act more like TS2 Sims than the TS4 Sims when it comes to routing and sitting. Maybe they adjusted the multitasking and moving from chair to chair, again.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    Couches are sooo last year

:lol:
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    well I've got loads of seats for my Sims to sit but they always choose to sit either on the toilet or on the bed whilst another is sleeping, then when 1 Sim does that then the other Sims in the household follows and most end up collaborating in the bedroom or bathroom together, sometimes annoying, other times quite funny!
  • Options
    chrstal27chrstal27 Posts: 75 Member
    I have been having this problem too. It is so irritating and the patch did nothing to fix it. Last night I directed my cute little alien toddler to watch tv and the toddler got on the couch to sit watch and her father who was standing in front of the wall mounted tv eating, sat down to chat with her and watch tv at the same time. First time I've seen a sim sit to watch tv since toddlers arrived.
  • Options
    megiaremegiare Posts: 421 Member
    And let's not forget how once upon a time Sims actually sat for weddings.

Wait, is that broken again? I haven't had a wedding since the patch that fixed it, or so I thought.
    aD9wyNW.jpg
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    edited February 2017
    megiare wrote: »
    And let's not forget how once upon a time Sims actually sat for weddings.

Wait, is that broken again? I haven't had a wedding since the patch that fixed it, or so I thought.
    It was sort of fixed, there were more sims sitting down than before, but not everyone always sat down. In a wedding I had in San Myshuno Park it was about 50/50. I don't know how how it is now with the couches issue.
  • Options
    ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    My Sims only sit to watch tv or play a game like 25% of the time. Fortunately I don't seem to have an issue with them standing in front of the fridge to eat, but my Sims often stand in front of the coffee maker while drinking coffee, and they've been doing that since way before the toddler patch. Another annoying, possibly related, problem: Sims really don't want to stay sitting at restaurants lately. They've always been a little silly with that in my game but now it's way worse. My Sims will sit down and eat once their food comes but while they're waiting for they constantly want to get up and do other things. Other Sims in the restaurant are worse, they just stand around in large groups talking and rarely take a seat. Super obnoxious.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • Options
    catalina_45catalina_45 Posts: 359 Member
    Tried moving the couche to far or closer to the TV. If the couche is placed at a distance greater than 3 tiles from TV. the sims doesn"t seat on couche when they watch TV or play game.
    In my game, all is about distance of couches from TV.
    Words are soul's image
  • Options
    ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    Tried moving the couche to far or closer to the TV. If the couche is placed at a distance greater than 3 tiles from TV. the sims doesn"t seat on couche when they watch TV or play game.
    In my game, all is about distance of couches from TV.

I'm not convinced that is really the problem since my Sims will actually stand behind the couch sometimes when watching tv, so I don't think it's about the couch being too far away. I've tried moving it forward and back some with no change.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    Mine sit some and not others, I just direct them to sit though and they will.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Mine sit again to eat but still don't when watching tv or playing a video game
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    edited February 2017
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    What if you order them to sit? That might work
    @Orchid13 order them to sit you are talking about sims with no brains. :joy:

Ok but it's better than having them stand up. If it's not working then work with what you have, at least till they fix it. I mean this bug compared to others is nothing
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options

Ok but it's better than having them stand up. If it's not working then work with what you have, at least till they fix it. I mean this bug compared to others is nothing

True. The only problem though is that you can't make sims you don't control sit down as well most of the time, but I agree there are worse bugs :)
  • Options
    SimTrippy wrote: »

True. The only problem though is that you can't make sims you don't control sit down as well most of the time, but I agree there are worse bugs :)

Oooh good point... the irony is that toddlers do sit down on couches more often than adults... I mean I did notice this issue but I was even more angry when I went into my sims friends panel and I had experienced culling yet once again :/
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    lmkiturelmkiture Posts: 1,206 Member
    Wyrren wrote: »
    Mine are standing to watch tv and eating right in front of the fridge. When they do that no one else can get food unless I tell them to move! :/

The fridge thing is so annoying!!!
  • Options
    Fiever7Fiever7 Posts: 884 Member
    I'm also having this problem. It's very annoying and seems like it started with the toddlers patch and vampires. Also the npc's aren't doing their jobs as good as before either.

Had a nanny that sat on her plum all day and didn't take care of my child no one else sat though.
    She must have farted badly on the couch
    IRJsECv.png
  • Options
    ScarletPipperScarletPipper Posts: 546 Member
    I've had this issue too and it kinda gets annoying. Similarly I also noticed that my sims rarely use the dining table and they mostly just stand in front of the fridge :# . The only time I see them use it is when kids are doing homework.
    Sims 4 player and builder!
    37245817526_0930d9f6c5_b.jpg
    Request from me or one of my great teammates!
    Gallery | Showcase
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member

Oooh good point... the irony is that toddlers do sit down on couches more often than adults... I mean I did notice this issue but I was even more angry when I went into my sims friends panel and I had experienced culling yet once again :/
    Aww not good and I was being funny about forcing them to sit.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    Lindz2006Lindz2006 Posts: 86 Member
    Same here :neutral:
    Wyrren wrote: »
    Mine are standing to watch tv and eating right in front of the fridge. When they do that no one else can get food unless I tell them to move! :/

• Options

Yeah culling is awful. I also think that they should just know their family members lol I find it so odd sims have to literally introduce themselves to their kid's kids if they ever want to be able to invite them to a family gathering ... which is also related to culling because I don't like it when they sort of forget about their relatives because they talked to too many random people in the city
  • Options

They still should patch this tiny bugs right away... I kinda lost hope for culling

Yeah culling is awful. I also think that they should just know their family members lol I find it so odd sims have to literally introduce themselves to their kid's kids if they ever want to be able to invite them to a family gathering ... which is also related to culling because I don't like it when they sort of forget about their relatives because they talked to too many random people in the city

Yeah!!! Culling is getting ridiculous. I have a mod for it ... but with all the patches it just breaks
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    IceDrizzle27IceDrizzle27 Posts: 648 Member
    ladybreid wrote: »
    Couches are sooo last year

:lol:

That's how I feel my Sims are thinking. The toddler patch was great, but the bugs that are currently in my game are ridiculous.
  • Options
    KimmmyGibbblerKimmmyGibbbler Posts: 120 Member
    Sometimes they sit... Sometimes they stand... The couch is always in the same spot so I don't think it's routing. Clicked me too... obviously.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member

They still should patch this tiny bugs right away... I kinda lost hope for culling

Yeah!!! Culling is getting ridiculous. I have a mod for it ... but with all the patches it just breaks
    Yes but how many bugs have they fixed and that patch breaks them again though lol

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641