Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

FEW SUGGESTIONS:

What i would like to see in future TS3 expansion packs:
(don't take me TOO serious with this, i know 90% of these are stupid LOL)

A circus (both a career and a place to go to have fun..not sure why tho HAHA!)

Wild animals around the outskirts of the neighborhood (owls, bats, wolves, bears etc ..and then if you get bitten by a bat you'd change into a vampire etc)

The ability to have a farm (you could buy a cow --> you'll get milk ... you could have chickens and get eggs that you could use in cooking etc) and to have a horse and to use that instead of your bike! HAHA! That would be awesome.

The Sims 1 style of Magic Expansion Pack..it was so cool. And since i am a pagan and a witch myself it would be so nice to be able to do those things as you could in TS1.

Oh! And "magical" careers too!

Then about cooking and baking..some say it takes way too long for a Sim to cook/bake ..but i would like to have more options. And more details in them.

The newspaper is totally useless. I use my PC all the time and throw the newspaper to trashcan immediately. It would be great if there was an option "cancel the newspaper" in the cellphone.

Windows that can be opened (just to get fresh air..or for burglars :o)

And altho there's plenty of curtains..there's no tableclothes! I want those!

I'd love to have pumpkins that i could grow..and then carve to celebrate Samhain. (Halloween to you)

One other thing that is still missing from Sims household is washing machine. I'd love to see Sims clothes get dirty and then put them in washing machine and after that take them outside to dry.

Linens that you could change while playing.

Oh yes, why can't Sims use window sills? It would be pretty to see a candle on someone's window sill...

Pets.

Seasons.

Changing weather.

The last thing (haha): Time. Why can't Sims have real calendars? It would be so nice to have a calendar where you could check when is xmas, easter or whatever. And you could set whatever date/year you want when you first start the game.

Ok, i guess that was all. :D

~Misty~

"By Grabthar's Hammer! Let There Be Sims!"

Comments

• OrchidMistOrchidMist Posts: 51
    edited November 2009
    I totally agree with pets and Sims 1 style magic. I miss a lot of things from the Sims 1, they made TS2 and TS3 too detailed to include all our old favorites :(

One other expansion pack I'd like to see is one that allows you to make total freaks as sims... Such as super high and low slider options, which could also include mythical creature features :wink: Haha creature features
  • MistyLakeMistyLake Posts: 1,700 Member
    edited November 2009
    Hah, yea why not. :D
    I've always wondered why the sims are all the same height? Men are usually taller than women (in real world) ..why not in Sim World? :?:
  • JestinaJestina Posts: 1,609 Member
    edited November 2009
    I don't even have curtains...all that stuff does is raise your bills. :lol:
  • CJaneFly764CJaneFly764 Posts: 16 New Member
    edited November 2009
    I love all of these suggestions MisytLake. I hope they're listening. I've started a little hobby farm in real life and it's great. We're raising chickens ducks geese guinea fowl and shetland sheep with one gorgeous arabian mare. I want a jersey cow and a few goats and turkeys later. It's so much fun watching them and taking care of them. I never knew how silky chicken feathers are or how relaxing it is to catch one and hold it close(after calming it down). The farm idea is so popular among us wishing fans, I think EA should just go ahead and do it. Maybe make a deal with JohnDeere the way they did with Ford.

and we need a piano!
  • Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    edited November 2009
    im so with you on the cooking/Baking thing . baking should be a completely different skill in my opinon as the methods are completely different .
    edited November 2009
    Oh yes! A piano! I totally forgot about that. :)

And i agree with you about the animals..it can be very therapeutic to own/take care of a pet.

And that different cooking/baking skills idea was great. :-)

I do hope all the "right" people in EA sees this thread and will add some of the ideas we've talked about here into the future expansion packs.
  • BigHazelEyesBigHazelEyes Posts: 5
    edited November 2009
    MistyLake wrote:
    I've always wondered why the sims are all the same height? Men are usually taller than women (in real world) ..why not in Sim World? :?:

I agree. To me it looks like the girls are taller than the guys and it bugs me. I also like to make myself on the sims, but I'm super short so the sim me never actually looks like me. I do understand that it would be hard for EA to do this.
  • palesunflowerpalesunflower Posts: 169 New Member
    edited November 2009
    MistyLake wrote:

I agree. To me it looks like the girls are taller than the guys and it bugs me. I also like to make myself on the sims, but I'm super short so the sim me never actually looks like me. I do understand that it would be hard for EA to do this.

I'd rather see a heigh slider, so you can make custom heights for male and female Sims, rather than just making men Sims taller than women Sims. Not all women are short (and not all men are tall).

I wondered about that in TS2 - they had such a focus on genetics, it always amazed me that height was never considered.
  • firestar77_2firestar77_2 Posts: 10,144 New Member
    edited November 2009
    I love the ideas!
    edited November 2009
    Firestar: i'm glad you liked my ideas. :)

And about the height; yea, a slider would be a great feature. It would be more realistic i think.

I was wondering last night..what if the creators of The Sims would actually add ALL the ideas we've given them here in this forum into the next The Sims? Like The Sims 4..the game would be HUGE and i doubt anyone would have that kind of a computer that would actually run smoothly with the game! :mrgreen:
  • zoethaazoethaa Posts: 1 New Member
    edited November 2009
    PETS!!! i dont have a dog in real life so i loved pretending on the sims 2! :-)
    and more of a choice like rabbits/horses..or i loved the farm idea!!

what about...
    nursery for toddlers?
    retirement homes for oldies?
    learning to drive for Teens?

p.s i agree with having the ability to cancel the newspaper
    edited November 2009
    Those are all good ideas. RETIREMENT HOME: A bit like in the Simpsons where the grandpa always brings so much fun into the episodes where he's in. :D

One other thing that came to mind is the fact that altho there are many things you can do (the work related "jobs" where you get money etc) ..and you have occasionally options where you choose from doing it or not (stealing money from the funds or whatever) ..there is no "how did it go" like in Sims2.

I always had some much fun with those in Sims2; like in vacation when your sim went for a hike and a bear came along and you had to choose what to do..and then you waited the result... :D That was so fun.
  • MrDaxMrDax Posts: 6 New Member
    edited October 2012
    Not sure how active this post is, but here are few suggestions I'd like to see in Sims 3.

From Sims 2:

Seasons and weather:
    - I love those thunderstorms and rainy days :)
    - Season planner for Winter, Spring, Summer, Autumn. Change the climate to suit your preferences. This may prove to be graphically demanding to the system, so I suggest that leaf piles and snow piles gathers only on your lot and only when you are present there (can be turned off). Of course other seasonal changes affect the whole map (snow on the ground and trees, leaves falling etc.)

Businesses:
    - Run the business all by yourself or hire employees to help or even do all the work for you. You can hire people as trainees or full-time employees. Trainees are cheaper than full-time employees, however trainees cannot reach their full potential if not promoted to full-employee status. You can hire individual trainees for a certain time (2 - 3 weeks, for example). After this time, the trainee should be promoted. Failure to do so will drop the mood of the trainee AND other trainees. You will also have difficulty hiring new trainees if you get a reputation for merely exploiting trainees. The trainee might also quit and other trainees might also quit as a protest.
    - Retail: You can sell items found in the Buy menu + normal quality groceries
    - Local food: Sell produce from your garden and fish you catch (prices reflect the quality of the item)
    - X store: Sell items you find or make: Gems, metals, potions, inventions etc.
    - Salon / Tattoo parlor: Great for stylists, who want to start their own business.
    - Restaurants/diners/cafes/bakeries/bars:
    You or a staff member makes food and drinks. However, unlike in Sims 2: Open for Business, you don't have to hire a host and a waiter. You can either sell pre-made food or have the cook prepare meals individually to customers (like a small diner). Hiring staff allows you to add cooks, hosts and waiters to better suit and improve your culinary business.

You can stock your business with produce from your garden or even nectar that you have in your inventory. Produce go to fridges and nectar goes to nectar racks.

Customizable menus. Customers may buy food and drinks in servings, for example, a customer may buy eggs benedict with juice / coffee, if you have a coffee maker in your diner or coffee/juice on the menu.

Something new:

- Bed improvement: You buy a mattress that determines the energy and comfort values. Buy the frame you want without having to sacrifice your comfort.

- In-game calendar where you can upcoming events and you get reminders of these events.

- Composting for gardeners
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited October 2012
    How old is this thread!? You're not suppost to bump dead threads, MrDax, you should really check the date before posting.

At least this proves the point that EA do read the forums, and we DO get some of the things we ask for. :lol:
  • MrDaxMrDax Posts: 6 New Member
    edited October 2012
    How old is this thread!? You're not suppost to bump dead threads, MrDax, you should really check the date before posting.

At least this proves the point that EA do read the forums, and we DO get some of the things we ask for. :lol:

Sorry, didn't notice :(