Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stopping Vlad Attacks

If Vlad or the Vatores are breaking into your house, play them, make the reconfiguration drink and take away their immunity to garlic. Then hang a lot of garlic on your lot. That should stop them from breaking into your house. Worth a shot.

Comments

• gamingstylistgamingstylist Posts: 115 Member
    Hmm I've never had them break in do they attack your sims or do they just freeload?
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I don't really fancy Vlad stopping but for a midnight snack. The Vatores however can visit any time they like.

Just imagine a TV special: "Caught on camera: when Vlad attacks" :D
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Hmm I've never had them break in do they attack your sims or do they just freeload?

Once I've seen the Vatore sister in one of the homes I played, but she was hanging out. The second time about 5 am she came to another house I played for a drink from Yuki! Then left.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Saunta2Saunta2 Posts: 870 Member
    How do vampires break in? And can my vampire break in a house?
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I've had no break-ins and have had the Vampires pack since day 1. In fact, unless I play in FH, I would never believe I have vampires in my game.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I have several different saves, two of which are my Normal save and my Supernatural save. In my Normal save, I try to keep the occults to a minimum but they are still there.

In my normal save, I was playing a gay couple with a toddler. One night Vlad walked down the street and stopped at my sims house (there is no garlic) but walked on by. The next night, he returned, but this time, he crept in and went to my sims bedside and cast a spell on one of them. Then, Vlad walked outside (the house is really small) and my sim followed walking as if in a trance. Outside, Vlad bit and drank from my sim leaving him slumped over on the ground. A message about Vlad enjoying my sims blood and that he would be back popped up. I haven't played that household again, so I don't yet know if he will return. I don't want a lot of occult activity in this save, but it wasn't all that bad of a thing to happen. It didn't really change anything and I have my sim think it was all a nightmare anyway.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I have several different saves, two of which are my Normal save and my Supernatural save. In my Normal save, I try to keep the occults to a minimum but they are still there.

In my normal save, I was playing a gay couple with a toddler. One night Vlad walked down the street and stopped at my sims house (there is no garlic) but walked on by. The next night, he returned, but this time, he crept in and went to my sims bedside and cast a spell on one of them. Then, Vlad walked outside (the house is really small) and my sim followed walking as if in a trance. Outside, Vlad bit and drank from my sim leaving him slumped over on the ground. A message about Vlad enjoying my sims blood and that he would be back popped up. I haven't played that household again, so I don't yet know if he will return. I don't want a lot of occult activity in this save, but it wasn't all that bad of a thing to happen. It didn't really change anything and I have my sim think it was all a nightmare anyway.

He won't return after that one time. I have tested this out in quite a few new game saves, and each time he only came the one time, where he drank from my sim while they were sleeping.
  • Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    This is a scripted vampire tutorial event, which triggers as soon as you play a household that was not introduced to vampires yet! He will come usually around day 3 with a welcome message beforehand! after that I never saw him again. However I also never saw any other vampire break in since then, so apparently it's like with Aliens. A few chosen people get to see this scenario often, and then there are those, such as myself, who only see it once and need to create a new sim to see it again LOL
  • Samsonguy9000Samsonguy9000 Posts: 755 Member
    I was kinda peeved when he just walked right in. But then he did the thing vampires do and was rather transfixed. It is a bit...intense, to put it lightly.

I'm on the fence on whether to hang garlic up.
  • hafizchanhafizchan Posts: 232 Member
    after vlad came..... every few days I've been havin some random vampire and come in and feed off my human sims!
    Happiness!
    j9pm6g.gif
  • WyrrenWyrren Posts: 724 Member
    This is where mods come in handy.

Neighborhood protection - basically keeps vampires in FH
    No Vampire Tutorial - No home invasion, among other stuff.

My normal games are without vampires, and my vampire games are full of vampires. I like it.
    Origin ID: Wyrren
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

He won't return after that one time. I have tested this out in quite a few new game saves, and each time he only came the one time, where he drank from my sim while they were sleeping.

Reminds me of a poem by Roger McGough:

'I never kill
    and am careful to cause no pain
    to those who sleeping nourish me
    and calling once I never call again
    '

He must have met Vlad. :D
  • fadingaudiofadingaudio Posts: 933 Member
    If you delete vlad you won't have anymore break ins. The break ins are part of some form of story progression. Just delete the original vampires in a save. You can place them back with the library. They are attached to the sims only on fresh saves.
    If you delete vlad you won't have anymore break ins. The break ins are part of some form of story progression. Just delete the original vampires in a save. You can place them back with the library. They are attached to the sims only on fresh saves.

Could you provide more detail please? I'm really interested but I'm also a bit plum and I don't understand.
  • fadingaudiofadingaudio Posts: 933 Member
    BabySquare wrote: »

Could you provide more detail please? I'm really interested but I'm also a bit plum and I don't understand.

Sure I got the details from http://simlishanddreams.tumblr.com/post/156369009767/controlling-the-vampire-invasion If you delete vlad it should stop any story progression from happening in regards to vampires. I found this out by accident actually my vlad died and all the story progression stopped even after I resurrected him.
    BabySquare wrote: »

Sure I got the details from http://simlishanddreams.tumblr.com/post/156369009767/controlling-the-vampire-invasion If you delete vlad it should stop any story progression from happening in regards to vampires. I found this out by accident actually my vlad died and all the story progression stopped even after I resurrected him.

Thanks. I'll give it a read. :)
  • Dault3883Dault3883 Posts: 9 New Member
    i currently have vlad locked in a jail in my second level basement LOL and have had him there for two game days tried putting a dance floor over the roof (since the jail is two stories tall due to the bars being that high) hoping he would die from the sunlight but he didnt next step i think will be to make a jail out side to lure him into then replace the door with another jail cell wall
  • chicvibechicvibe Posts: 61 Member
    okay. @fadingaudio. thank you! I wondered about that, but never enough to google it. I have Vampires in my game, but they skeeve me out when they would come to visit. I am playing a custom world without Vlad and, that explains everything.

I did see (waiting patient) Caleb Vatore at my hospital (my sim is a doc) and he took a swig out of another patient waiting to be admitted. I am too squeamish to play the vampires. I like them when they play nice.
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    chicvibe wrote: »
    okay. @fadingaudio. thank you! I wondered about that, but never enough to google it. I have Vampires in my game, but they skeeve me out when they would come to visit. I am playing a custom world without Vlad and, that explains everything.

I did see (waiting patient) Caleb Vatore at my hospital (my sim is a doc) and he took a swig out of another patient waiting to be admitted. I am too squeamish to play the vampires. I like them when they play nice.

Odd that Caleb took a drink from a sim, since his lifetime aspiration is the Good Vampire, meaning that he'll only drink with permission (I can't recall exactly what the requirements are) so he must have been very thirsty to just attack like that,
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • ActuallySammyActuallySammy Posts: 299 Member
    I accidently killed Vlad in my game with the sunlight. Lol oops
    Origin id: ActuallySammy
    If you want to respond to me please make sure to @ me.
  • SiMsStoriesSiMsStories Posts: 219 Member
    chicvibe wrote: »

Odd that Caleb took a drink from a sim, since his lifetime aspiration is the Good Vampire, meaning that he'll only drink with permission (I can't recall exactly what the requirements are) so he must have been very thirsty to just attack like that,

Caleb should also have the tame thirst trait. The only time where he or any other "good" vampire will attack a sim is when they are very angry. I think angry moodlet can also trigger then to do uncontrollable thirst.
    BHv51HO.gif
    Alive - Episode 2: Friends |watch it on| Youtube | Forum | Twitter