Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you edit your children in CAS?

Comments

• Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    So far I haven't edited any children. All of them are au naturale.
    I will try and match a teen's hairstyle to the one they had as a child, and occasionally change their eyebrows and ridiculous outfits
    Also there is a bug where male teens voices are all femminine, so I change that as well...

That's about the extent of my CAS editing for born in game Sims though.
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    You guys must be lucky to get good-looking kids lol.
  • Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    Simanite wrote: »
    You guys must be lucky to get good-looking kids lol.

For me it's not a matter of how they look, I don't really care.
    I like to see how the genetics engine works, and also I find it makes it easier to pick a favorite son or daughter I might like to continue a legacy with. I'll do what I can to help them out if their looks are "unfortunate" but I won't use push pull on them ever.
  • SoapSudsSoapSuds Posts: 1,359 Member
    Always, but it's usually just hair and clothing. Sometimes I do a little more than that, but rarely.
  • ActuallySammyActuallySammy Posts: 299 Member
    I never do.I love to see how they turn out.
    Origin id: ActuallySammy
    If you want to respond to me please make sure to @ me.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited January 2017
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    @JoAnne65 Yep. You can do testingcheats on - CAS.fulleditmode and delete the ugly kid and add in the one I'd made in CAS and change the family relationships. :)
    Great, that's what I'm going to do then! Because genetics really weren't fair on my sim's daughter :D How do I change family relationships?

When you edit in CAS with the cheat it comes up just like regular CAS so you can edit relationships like you do at first when you're creating Sims, with that little button. :)
    Thanks, awesome! Gonna give that girl a better look then ^.^ (which answers you OP question by the way, though I will use the parent's genetics).

Have fun, it's a life saver for me. :wink:
    I just did what you said and it worked, here she is!

Ivy_zpsfclhsdlc.png

Ain't she cute? Thank you again :smiley:

edit: haha, only now I see you changed your signature :D

(edit: she's 100% a genetic product of her parents; just not the one the game came up with originally)
    Post edited by JoAnne65 on
    5JZ57S6.png
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    @JoAnne65 Very cute! :blush:
  • LiesSimLiesSim Posts: 358 Member
    I always take a sneak peek (by cheating) to have a look at how they will be as young adults. I only make changes if I have a big issue with the way they look, which doesn't happen often.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    some times things go wrong with

eyebrows

eyes

nose

I regret I have had to but normally I don't need to change anything.

some times there's a glitch with skin tones.

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    edited January 2017
    I don't usually edit my born in game sims. I like to see who's genetics pass on. I have been known to sometimes change hair color/eye color if they get some random one. I have also changed weight before and sometimes add freckles. I also sometimes have some very strange looking kids, but I've been fairly lucky that most of my sims have been fairly decent looking. Maybe not always beautiful but not deformed either.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • Artemis_DreamerArtemis_Dreamer Posts: 200 Member
    I usually do some editing to the facial features - I don't know why, but the kids always end up with a mix of their parents' least attractive features.

Don't get me started on the amount of editing needed for clothing and hair! XD
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    I pre-select my sim children.
    It's a long and tedious process but I play in aging off so I don't have that many born in game kids, around 10 with the oldest currently being a child. I've not done it for most of them, only for couples with features that are not positioned the same (the culprit behind chinless offspring for many premade couples. NPCs on the other hand are generated with fairly similarly placed features).

A couple like ... the Pancakes is basically playing roulette. What I do is I save during the pregnancy, use the mccc so the baby gets born right away, age them up, check them up as teen, quit to menu. If I don't find them interesting enough I regenerate the babies (still with mccc), re-saves, check again. It's the more difficult version of pressing the pacifier in CAS.
    Since pregnancies in my game last ages, and babies stay babies for even longer, it's easier than waiting for them to grow up. And it means no CAS editing later.

I'm never looking for pretty or perfect baby, I just want sims that actually look like sims with reasonably placed features, and are an interesting blend of their parents (no point in playing clones). I'm satisfied on the second or third roll usually.

If the babies are multiple, I just don't bother and accept my fate.
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    Oh, I never do anything BUT make kids in CAS.

I have some aliens in my Sim's family tree, so even 2 generations later, my kids all end up with this real Children Of The Corn look to them. I've got no choice but to make kids in CAS to avoid that.
    wJbomAo.png
  • LivvieLoveLivvieLove Posts: 49 Member
    Nope! I love em' the way they are! <3
  • KimmmyGibbblerKimmmyGibbbler Posts: 120 Member
    Let's just say that no one in any legacy house of mine is going to walk around looking like a vanilla pudding baked potato. :wink:
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    Depends on how badly they've been slapped by the ugly stick. The genetics in 4 seem to give a huge range. I end up with children with odd face configurations or with very Asian facial features from non-Asian parents. I like my kids to have their own look and personality but I'll shave down a crooked nose or square up a boy's jawline if he took too much after the mother.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    BlueR0se wrote: »
    Jprp83 wrote: »
    While I like that not all sims look drop dead gorgeous, and I agree that part of the fun is to see how the kids turn out, sometimes the genetics create some... abnormalities lol So I often tweak them a little a bit just to make them look more human. I don't know but my game seems to create a lot of chinless sims.

Mine do too?? And it's weird cause obv the chinless-ness is not..genetic or intentionally genetic. @_@

...and the chinless problem. This happens to me so often. If they're born with no chins, I give them one.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• staravia81staravia81 Posts: 369 Member
    I don't mess with offspring faces, hair color or eye color. I generally don't change bodies either, except maybe one or twice (the townie "pregnant" stomach). But for the most part, I like seeing how the genetics play out. I like playing mostly realistically and IRL "pretty" people don't always have "pretty" kids, and the reverse is true too. Generally I just roll with it.
    My builds!
    EA ID: staravia81
  • MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    edited February 2017
    I only use CAS fulleditmode for thin and odd shaped eyebrows and thin lips. That's all I ever really change, even when I'm modifying townies. Then in normal CAS I do hair makeup, all that jazz. The same rules apply for townies. I don't really care about the children to be honest, I just give them styled looks and edit them slightly.
    Post edited by MrMonty96 on
  • BabiskoBabisko Posts: 1,290 Member
    I mostly edit due to weird features. I like vastly different facial structures when it comes to males and females, and occasionally I'll end up with a male with very little jaw and a pointed chin and I just can't do it.
    We are now the knights who say Ekke Ekke Ekke Ekke Ptangya Zoooooooom Boing Ni!
  • SophieSims92SophieSims92 Posts: 93 Member
    I do it sometimes to just make them all happy. Because its hard with you have multiple children plus the parents. I wouldn't do well in the real world in that case XD
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited February 2017
    kokoro80 wrote: »
    I change their hairstyle, clothing and makeup only. Seeing how the genetics turn out is one of my favorite things about legacy play.

I love that my sims look different but you can see some similarity in features being passed on. Here is my generation 2 heiress, her husband and their 4 kids, the last two girls are twins.
    69zh9PA.png

Yeah agreed. I never really change anything except for hair & clothes. The sims from my legacy family definitely have an unmistakable similarity to them (even a few generations down). It's funny cause I feel like every now and then one of the kids will even resemble the founder a lot from a few gens up :)

Her I didn't edit at all for example, and I think she's adorable (she's also an adorable kid now)
    TODDLERS%203_zpsqwwbg6db.png

Same with these twins here:
    09-23-16_12-38-16nbspAM_zpsptef6f0a.png
    10-02-16_9-17-29nbspPM_zpsgpwikife.png

And she looks so much like her mom
    11-13-16_7-11-42PM_zpsu0epide9.png
    12-23-16_3-56-31PM_zpskrcepawb.png

(Actually, these sims are all from the same family, and you can sort of see it because the entire family has adorable similar-looking cheeks, just like their mom :))
  • kemiszkemisz Posts: 602 Member
    I only edit for hair style, make up and maybe eyebrows if I think the ones they have need to be changed.
    My EA ID is TranquilloSims - where I upload starter homes, family homes and some more ambitious creations.

• BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Looking at the title I wondered what would happen if you asked this on a parenting forum. :D
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    I will happily alter townies, but altering kids born through any of my played sims are strictly offlimits beyond the things anyone can do everyday - hairstyle, clothes etc.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison