Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Questions regarding one's simself

Comments

• MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    I'm too scared to create my simself. :D
    I feel like I'm not that great at CAS and if I made my simself I would probably botch it up and end up having nightmares about me looking like that. :D
  • SimsweetieSimsweetie Posts: 562 Member
    I have two versions of my simself. The first is named Simsweetie Simself and is available on the gallery. She's very similar to me but younger (I'm past the young adult stage sadly) and better looking. She's the idealized version of me with the full sleeve tats I wish I could get, the waistline that's forever out of my reach and the ability to always be wearing perfect make up, but I mean, I did try to make her pretty close as far as general appearance and personality.

My second simself is not uploaded to the gallery and she's me down to being too lazy to wear much make up and has the same shoes with pretty much every outfit. She has my name and my very boring job and has never seen the light of day, I just created her to see if I could.
  • smoothyrus129smoothyrus129 Posts: 1,440 Member
    I made my simself back in the CAS demo, and I tried to make her fairly close to me, but still a little idealized. I gave her my first name, but randomized the last name. At some point, especially now that we have toddlers, I may go back and make my whole family as sims, in which case everyone will have their proper first names, and a randomized last name, and I'll probably again try to make everyone fairly close to how they really are, but still a little idealized.
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Simsweetie wrote: »
    I have two versions of my simself. The first is named Simsweetie Simself and is available on the gallery. She's very similar to me but younger (I'm past the young adult stage sadly) and better looking. She's the idealized version of me with the full sleeve tats I wish I could get, the waistline that's forever out of my reach and the ability to always be wearing perfect make up, but I mean, I did try to make her pretty close as far as general appearance and personality.

My second simself is not uploaded to the gallery and she's me down to being too lazy to wear much make up and has the same shoes with pretty much every outfit. She has my name and my very boring job and has never seen the light of day, I just created her to see if I could.

As someone who completely fails at doing her own makeup that's the thing I noticed more than anything - my sim's makeup is flawless, mine tries to escape my face at the first opportunity. :D
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • SimsweetieSimsweetie Posts: 562 Member
    I'll tell you what's the most accurate about my simself, her clothes! I was able to find a pretty close approximation for almost every category. Although I don't accessorize as much as she does, or own that many shoes.
  • LivvieLoveLivvieLove Posts: 49 Member
    My simself was actually how most of my sims look which came to a surprise to me, so Ive been trying to mix up what my sims look like since!
  • Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    edited February 2017
    BabySquare wrote: »
    I have a couple of questions for those of us who've made sims of ourselves.

Firstly, when you made your simself, did you make them as an accurate representation of you, or did you make them to be an idealized version of you?
    (I've just made my simself and she's mostly accuate though she turned out prettier than me.)

Secondly, if you name your simself with your name, have you let it be known what that sim's name is?

I find the concept of a simself strange and interesting and I'm curious to see other people's takes on it.

It's something I've been doing for as long as I've been a simmer :dizzy:.

1. Yup I do. In earlier iterations (like 1 for example) it was pretty impossible xD). S2 though, I remember being around 10 putting a mirror up to my face while making child sim like me :lol: . S3 I got a lot better with age and I did pretty well imo <3. S4 I got it just right :D and even my husband agrees that I nailed it (usually he's blunt honest about everything so, best critic to please :lol). However though recently I had to update my simself. Due to my pregnancy with my daughter, my body had went through some major changes (mostly in the upper area) :lol .

2. Yes I do <3. Cause..who else can be me? :lol:

Edit: Unfortunate the one thing I'm unable to be accurate with is my height. But owell :lol:
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I've never made my simself. I've made sims with my name and pretended I was them, but never actually spent the time to make "me" in the game.

I guess I figure I've lived my life. No way can the sims game emulate it. lol.
  • QuaayQuaay Posts: 556 Member
    I have my Simself, husband, and kids in one save and we all have our real names but I don't upload those for public use. She is as accurate as I could get but I did give myself purple eyes because I prefer that over boring brown. I also feed her too much mac and cheese and have to slim her down a little bit every so often. It was kinda cool how our kids actually looked and acted like themselves in my game without much interference on my part. I also have an idealized Simself that I gave my online name, Quaay and made a detective after GTW came out but I haven't played her in a long time.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    My Simself is very accurate of me but to note as of writing this he's not my avatar. :p
  • racheljohnstonracheljohnston Posts: 1 New Member
    I made my simself (a somewhat idealized version) as well as my family. I used them to test custom content. One day, my four year old saw herself and now my kids request I play the little people for them. They think it's hilarious to see what their simselves do.
  • KimmmyGibbblerKimmmyGibbbler Posts: 120 Member
    I played a 100 baby challenge with my simself... don't do that, it's weird. <3
  • alifesizeddollalifesizeddoll Posts: 55 Member
    The very first thing I've always done with each game is to make a selfsim.

Usually I also do my s.o and maybe my sim loving cousin who plays with me. I try to get them as accurate as possible, both in personality and appearance. (If there are multiple personality traits that apply, my cousin and I go by the rule of thumb to always add 1 negative, 1 to compliment our goals, and then 1 from a category we haven't done yet)

I never finish playing through though. It's just too odd. (Especially now that I have an infant daughter, then in game she aged up. It freaked me out!)

I usually do this as a way to learn the game, and test out features. I also make versions of the homes I'm living in for the same purpose. But rarely go past play testing them.
    like vines we intertwined carelessly growing up and growing old; life was on our tongue

Gallery: alifesizeddoll
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    I've been working on my simself on and off for what feels like ages. I can never quite get the eyes right, no matter what I do and it bugs the heck out of me. I've noticed in trying to do likeness with a number of different people that some faces are just harder to pull off in CAS (if not impossible) without CC and even with CC, not necessarily going to look right. And then there are those faces where I'm hardly trying to do likeness and I just stumble into it.

Anyway, point is... I want it to be accurate, but I can't get it to be accurate enough, so it just feels weird playing it and I don't really do it much. My simself is a little idealized in terms of weight, but not by much. And I can't bring myself to type in my real name in full, even though I don't intend to share my simself with anyone.

Funny thing is, at one point, I was like... the more accurate my simself got, the more I was like... shoot man, I look better than this funky looking cartoon LOL. It doesn't help that any time my simself makes a cartoony expression, it extends the features in a way that looks nothing like how mine extend.

So to summarize, I just can't get it to a place that satisfies me, it seems. At least, not with this character creation.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • ToblieToblie Posts: 3,099 Member
    I have 2 versions, the accurate, dang girl that's what life threw at you and the What if this was lifted and that tucked version.
    I do choose the accurate one more though and as for name, nope I juts name it sim self, even in game haha
  • iriefthiiriefthi Posts: 1,073 Member
    edited February 2017
    Well for me it is like a tradition in sims games to create and play my simself! I also create some other real life people and play a certain story...
    My simself is my avatar, she is prettier that i am! I am not that good to accomplice making my exact copy i guess!
    And yes i give her my name and if i upload myself to the gallery i give her another name!
  • Meegie1977Meegie1977 Posts: 224 Member
    I made my simself and my family, husband, parents, siblings etc and stuck then in a house unplayed but then I'd be playing another household and see my Dad out at a restaurant with another woman or my brother flirting my with husband and it was all too weird so deleted the lot of them! Lol!
  • NiniNini Posts: 309 Member
    I made myself accurately (my avatar is my simself) but I add myself to the world and let MC Command center deal with the rest lol
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    In all the versions of the Sims, I have never made me until a few months ago. My simself looks so much better than me despite how hard I tried to make it look like me. I look like the south end of a northbound mule.
  • shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    My sim self, which is my avatar, I tried to make an accurate representation of myself..and then I had her slave on the treadmill for several sim days in a row.

I have a hard time playing her. Her name is a play on my real name but it is not exact. I had her in my most recent save as a vampire but started to feel really weird about it so I removed her.
  • Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    My Sim Self is my avatar. I think it's fairly accurate. My hair is a bit shorter since my last haircut. Actually, it's about like one of the hairs in the Bowling Pack, the short wavy bob, so I guess I'll be wearing that hair when it comes, lol. I have a bit more grey, but not enough to go totally. I'm just for my own use, heehee. I have me in one Save, with the rest of my family, and play that Save from time to time. It's semi realistic, but with much nicer houses. :p It's a great Save to just pop into when I want a quick play without much of a plan. Although we do own an art gallery with a bakery now, so there's enough going on. No calamities have ever befallen us, but if they did, I'd probably Exit Without Saving. In The Sims 3, my son was jogging on the treadmill, and must have gotten overheated, because his butt literally had flames coming out. I got outa that one fast. :o
  • Lazarus_B4RLazarus_B4R Posts: 1,827 Member

With the art style that TS4 has I think of my Simself as more of a "Caricature" rather than an accurate representation.
    All the basic shapes & features are there but my Simself still isn't anywhere close to being a portrait. :p
  • Keks_MilchKeks_Milch Posts: 513 Member
    It feels too weird for me to make a simself. I tried but I just cant do it.
  • SimmzSimmz Posts: 72 Member
    The only major difference between my simself and my real self is she has an easier to pronounce last name and doesn't have an extra 9lbs of chub she's trying to get rid of.
  • AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    Created my simself and my daughter when the CAS demo came out - tried to be as accurate as possible but not the best SIM maker. Hardest part is picking traits - so limited! Did not upload to the gallery but then I don't think I ever have uploaded any SIM to the gallery. I also named my simself as someone else here said - first name + first letter of last name! Never played me and my daughter SIMS until just awhile ago - it was a bit odd!