Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sim needs to gain weight fast

So I'm not sure what happened, but when my child Sim aged up into a teenager, he ended up becoming thin. Like he looks emaciated and would be admitted to a hospital if he were a real person thin.

His older half-brother is Hugo Villareal and I got Hugo to lose weight and gain muscle, so he looks great now. This inspired me to try and help my Sim get healthy by gaining weight and muscle. With Hugo, the results became apparent pretty quickly, not so with this other Sim. I've been having him use the weight machine and eat junky food, but there hasn't been much change. Should I have him gain weight before working on gaining muscle? Which foods will help him gain weight the fastest?

For those of you just skimming this, I know I can change his weight with full edit mode; I am electing not to.
🌻I'm not a cat.🌻

Comments

• Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    I believe the ice cream machine's option "Weight of the World" flavor fattens them up.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    I want to know that to because I have a sim that looks under fed to I see his rib bones more then him LOL
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    Thermidor lobster is full of calories.
  • Options
    Candyd wrote: »
    Thermidor lobster is full of calories.
    Ok but doesn't your sim have to be on level 10 to cook it?

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
  • Options
    mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    I'm having the same issue @pepperjax1230, the highest cooking level in the house is his mother and I made her into a rich lazy housewife who only has a cooking skill of 4 I think. I found an outdated list of calories in Sims food, but besides cake, the highest calorie stuff is also higher cooking skill. Does anyone know the calories for the delivery pizza?

And I don't have the Cool Kitchen pack
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    Candyd wrote: »
    Yes, gourmet cooking.
    But my sims don't have their cooking level that high I think the mom in this family is the only one that can cook that high and the sim is her grandson so I doubt I can get her to make that while he is over to fatten him up.

I'm having the same issue @pepperjax1230, the highest cooking level in the house is his mother and I made her into a rich lazy housewife who only has a cooking skill of 4 I think. I found an outdated list of calories in Sims food, but besides cake, the highest calorie stuff is also higher cooking skill. Does anyone know the calories for the delivery pizza?

And I don't have the Cool Kitchen pack
    Did you get the digital deluxe edition of the game because I think taco casserole has a lot of calories.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    Did you get the digital deluxe edition of the game because I think taco casserole has a lot of calories.
    Yes, I do have that. I will try that out.

You might try playing as the grandma's household, cooking, inviting the grandson over, and then "call everyone to meal". Alternatively, if you have room, you could temporarily add her to the household.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Double post.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Yes, I do have that. I will try that out.

You might try playing as the grandma's household, cooking, inviting the grandson over, and then "call everyone to meal". Alternatively, if you have room, you could temporarily add her to the household.
    I will try that to. Or I could just have cookies,brownies and whatever is in baking part of the skill laying around for him to eat. :joy:

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    List of junk foods :
    Fruitcake 500
    Microwave premade 500
    Pizza 500
    Lobster Thermidor 800
    Canadian bacon pizza 500
    Hamburger cake 500
    Pepperoni pizza 500
    Back and white cake 500
    White cake 500
    Signature cake 500
    Baked Alaska 500
    Bananas foster 600
    Monte Christo sandwich 600
    Braised short ribs 500
    Food bowl 500
    Apple pie 450
    Microwave dinner 500
    Wedding cake 500
    Chocolate ganache truffles 400
  • Options
    DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    I believe the ice cream machine's option "Weight of the World" flavor fattens them up.

It does. I laughed me Hee-Haw off when I used it for a husband to get revenge on his wife by fatting her up and she not knowing what type of ice cream she was eating. She got so fat!
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    So if you make a sim eat an entire cake to themselves, will they immediately gain weight? Or does it take some hours/days before you see a difference?
  • Options
    They gain weight as soon as they've finished eating (and washed dishes if they did it autonomously).
  • Options
    LivvieLoveLivvieLove Posts: 49 Member
    you see I would just fix it in cheats, like testingcheats on then enter cas.fulleditmode then shift click and modify in cas! Goodluck! <3
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I think French toast makes them put on weight. and those little cakes from the stalls from City Living.
  • Options
    SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member
    There is also the weight gain potion you can buy in the rewards store with your aspiration points. There's one to loose weight too. I have never used them myself. Can't remember the exact names.
  • Options
    @feetinstockings Cupcakes have 300 calories each. But French toast, only 200.
  • Options
    SimsweetieSimsweetie Posts: 562 Member
    You need to have him eat even when he's full. Start with some grilled cheese and then have him top it off with a cake slice and some ice cream, do that every meal for a bit and he'll fatten right up. The trick is, you have to feed him even when his hunger bar is full.
  • Options
    camille mcalooncamille mcaloon Posts: 58 Member
    In sims 3 if they ate too much they would puke.lol I love doing this.
  • Options
    aujinehaujineh Posts: 454 Member
    There is also the weight gain potion you can buy in the rewards store with your aspiration points. There's one to loose weight too. I have never used them myself. Can't remember the exact names.

I was going to suggest the potion too, it's called insta large and the other one is insta lean. I used insta lean once on a sim who was gaining weight as she grew older and she did not have time to work out.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    I'm afraid I'd take the easier route and haul the Sim in question into cas.fulleditmode and 'fix' the problem.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    edited October 2017
    VcBkxGz.png
    Let me introduce you to Anna Belle
    eg09fO0.png
    This is how she NORMALLY looks

Well, then she (like ALL of the other Sims in my game) started excessive drinking...

8JsaWQp.png
    Now she's fatter more cuddly. You can try letting your Sim hit the bar... excessively.

EDIT: I see - it's the TEEN you're talking about, not the older brother. I doubt the drinking trick would work on a teen. EA kinda "frowns" upon things like that. Dunno then, sorry. :/
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Make him eat a whole cake by himself every day on top of his normal meals. I guarantee he'll gain weight in a timely manner, trust me. I used that technique to get a sim to max fatness in one save for the achievement, and it was easy as pie...Mmmm, piiiie...*Insert Homer Simpson Gargle-moan-drool here*
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    Not sure why someone dragged this thread up, but this Sim is long dead.

Thanks to the people to answered my question.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻