Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Secret Circus Event in City Living??!

13...Next

Comments

• QueenStuffsQueenStuffs Posts: 41 Member
    I have the same problem! My sims will get a call saying something like "want to go to an opera at 8pm" or "Want to go out to the city later".
    Ill click Okay, but no one shows up, and I get no phone call later in the day? I really dont know why this isn't working but I hope there is a way to sort it out as this feature seems really interesting!
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,571 Member
    I have the same problem! My sims will get a call saying something like "want to go to an opera at 8pm" or "Want to go out to the city later".
    Ill click Okay, but no one shows up, and I get no phone call later in the day? I really dont know why this isn't working but I hope there is a way to sort it out as this feature seems really interesting!

Hello @QueenStuffs
    It would be good to press " me too " on this thread on the AHQ EA site that refers to the issue.
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-CL-Phone-events-Opera-Circus-Concert-etc-not-working/td-p/5668681
  • Madison1733Madison1733 Posts: 51 New Member
    I haven't bought the EP yet, but I like this idea! Operas, ballet, theatre, classical music concerts are some of the reasons I go to cities these days in RL, so I like the idea of my simmies (especially ones that still live in WIndenburg, Willow Creek etc) going off to see the opera too. It's another way to define their personality too. I'll say 'yes' for my simmies who love art, music or are snobs, but no for some of my other simmies who would hate that kind of thing.
    Your sim will then walk down the street or to the elevator, and disappear for an hour or so during the event.
    @Crissc7562 Did you notice if their needs changed at all during the event, and what moodlets did they come back with? And when they return, do they return to the same place they disappeared to? And did they get changed into their formal clothing? I like the idea of knowing the TIME of the event, because it'll give me the chance to change my sims into their FORMAL gear, to go the opera. :)

Please keep posting about this as you come across it.

One of my sims went to it in the spice market, and when they left, they were in a car on the side of the road. When they came back, they had no extra moodlets, and their outfit didn't change, but I got a notification of her reaction to the circus. I use testingcheats to keep their needs up so I can actually do what I want, so I have no clue if the needs deplete.
  • herdarkpassengerherdarkpassenger Posts: 105 Member
    This finally started working for me! I love the little blurb or moodlet they come back with. :) I wonder when it was fixed.
  • Angel9Lives82Angel9Lives82 Posts: 16 Member
    still not working for me :( I already did the "me too" thing on the other site, too.
  • ExxCeeExxCee Posts: 353 Member
    Do these events actually happen then? Because I always click yes and I've never actually been to one... what's supposed to happen?
    Origin ID: ExxCee
  • ExxCeeExxCee Posts: 353 Member
    Do these events actually happen then? Because I always click yes and I've never actually been to one... what's supposed to happen?
    Origin ID: ExxCee
  • justdancerebeccajustdancerebecca Posts: 1,334 Member
    Crissc7562 wrote: »
    It is a "rabbit hole" type event. My sim has been invited to 2 of them. The first one was an Opera at 8pm, and then another day I got the Circus invite. The inviting sim will call earlier in the day for the initial invite, and then they will call back in the evening to ask if you are ready to go. Your sim will then walk down the street or to the elevator, and disappear for an hour or so during the event.

I never received a second call. Seems like the person inviting me was trying to ditch me last minute. I think it had something to do with my sim giving birth in a few hours though. Can't blame them. lol
    wr7jm5.png&quot

• melaku1973melaku1973 Posts: 12 New Member
    Mine does nothing, i get the call in the am and no love in the pm. I pressed me too in the other thread so hopefully it'll get fixed for everyone soon.
  • kati77kati77 Posts: 3,146 Member
    I sometimes have that problem. I've had these invites to circus and all that, that have never happened, even though I said yes. But once Vlad invited my vampire to see an opera, and they actually went. I don't remember if I've gotten any invites after that, so I don't know if the bug got fixed in my game, or if it was just a coincidence that it worked once.
    01-06-18_5-09-41%C2%A0PM_2.png

kati77 wrote: »
    I sometimes have that problem. I've had these invites to circus and all that, that have never happened, even though I said yes. But once Vlad invited my vampire to see an opera, and they actually went. I don't remember if I've gotten any invites after that, so I don't know if the bug got fixed in my game, or if it was just a coincidence that it worked once.

Hello
    Some simmers have posted that it has sometimes worked in their games, then it hasn't worked at another time. I hope that it will work the next time that your sims receive an invite.
  • evri5553evri5553 Posts: 9 New Member
    Hi evryone!! I've had those appear acouple of times, the opera ,the circus and the secret concert. The sim that invites me in the morning never calls back though.... Has this happened to anyone else???
    evri5553 wrote: »
    Hi evryone!! I've had those appear acouple of times, the opera ,the circus and the secret concert. The sim that invites me in the morning never calls back though.... Has this happened to anyone else???

Hello
    Other simmers have been having this issue.
    You may like to press " me too " on this thread on the AHQ EA site that refers to the issue.
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-CL-Phone-events-Opera-Circus-Concert-etc-not-working/td-p/5668681
  • simstr0ngsimstr0ng Posts: 679 Member
    @MinecraftdSimmer thanks for asking this question. I got the circus and opera calls also but was too busy to respond - I was wondering what this was all about.
  • JayGloverJayGlover Posts: 60 Member
    Ooooo interesting!