Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

omg finally a real working crib for toddlers

carlymichellecarlymichelle Posts: 3,402 Member
edited February 2017 in Build/Buy Custom Content
Animal Crib for Toddlers
Posted by Enure at 12:05 AM

http://enuresims.blogspot.com.au/search/label/conversions

im about to recolour it

http://simfileshare.net/download/176768/

Download Crib

Comments

• debykaydebykay Posts: 124 Member
    Thank you.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    That first link caused my browser to be hijacked. I had to ctrl-alt-delete to get out of it.
  • carlymichellecarlymichelle Posts: 3,402 Member
    That first link caused my browser to be hijacked. I had to ctrl-alt-delete to get out of it.

weird it didnt for me? i havea ad blocker though
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Aw that was my favourite one in TS3! :heart:
  • megiaremegiare Posts: 421 Member
    Simanite wrote: »
    Aw that was my favourite one in TS3! :heart:

Agreed!
    aD9wyNW.jpg
  • CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    edited February 2017
    It seems awesome, if only the creator didn't forbid people with ad blockers from visiting the first link...
    To the creator, don't force people to view ads and potentially catch viruses, forcing people is rude and makes you lose plenty of followers.
  • ZafireriaZafireria Posts: 3,640 Member
    Candyd wrote: »
    It seems awesome, if only the creator didn't forbid people with ad blockers from visiting the first link...
    To the creator, don't force people to view ads and potentially catch viruses, forcing people is rude and makes you lose plenty of followers.
    @Candyd I can get to link just fine?
  • CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    The link told me that I have an ad blocker and need to disable it first to access the page.
    edited February 2017
    The link told me that I have an ad blocker and need to disable it first to access the page.
    @Candyd Clicking "yes I understand" doesn't take you to the page?
  • bythedreadwolfbythedreadwolf Posts: 832 Member

That is honestly getting so annoying with CC creators these days. I already use a chrome extension to skip over adfly since it's the most obnoxious thing in the world and now they are making their websites full of ads everywhere and force people to disable adblock if they want to even simply view it! I would be ok if the ads weren't intrusive but most of the times wherever you click, there's always 10 ads popping up. I get it that people waste a lot of time making these things for the community but making CC should be a hobby, not a job.

Sorry, rant over... The crib does look like a nice idea to be able to have younger toddlers at first and then move them to a toddler bed.
    edited February 2017

That is honestly getting so annoying with CC creators these days. I already use a chrome extension to skip over adfly since it's the most obnoxious thing in the world and now they are making their websites full of ads everywhere and force people to disable adblock if they want to even simply view it! I would be ok if the ads weren't intrusive but most of the times wherever you click, there's always 10 ads popping up. I get it that people waste a lot of time making these things for the community but making CC should be a hobby, not a job.

Sorry, rant over... The crib does look like a nice idea to be able to have younger toddlers at first and then move them to a toddler bed.
    @bythedreadwolf Pretty sure you may not earn a profit on EA's intellectual property. But in this case the advertisement are on the site and not on the actual property of EA so yeah. Not sure tho and I doubt EA will clarify it. However, the cribs do look very cute, hopefully someone will pick up the height mod and modify it for toddlers as well :smile: Then you'll be able to have *smaller* toddlers.
    edited February 2017
    Zafireria wrote: »

@bythedreadwolf Pretty sure you may not earn a profit on EA's intellectual property. But in this case the advertisement are on the site and not on the actual property of EA so yeah. Not sure tho and I doubt EA will clarify it. However, the cribs do look very cute, hopefully someone will pick up the height mod and modify it for toddlers as well :smile: Then you'll be able to have *smaller* toddlers.

CC creators put up ads on their blogs and put the links to the downloads on sites such as adfly simply to make money from it. Every time an ad pops up because you misclicked (sometimes you don't even misclick, ads pop up anyway) or every time you click on a link that goes through adfly, they gain money. I don't know if that's something they are allowed to do or not, but this has been happening since I can remember. With TS3 there were even sites where you had to PAY to download CC. I think that's just wrong.

CC creators put up ads on their blogs and put the links to the downloads on sites such as adfly simply to make money from it. Every time an ad pops up because you misclicked (sometimes you don't even misclick, ads pop up anyway) or every time you click on a link that goes through adfly, they gain money. I don't know if that's something they are allowed to do or not, but this has been happening since I can remember. With TS3 there were even sites where you had to PAY to download CC. I think that's just wrong.
    @bythedreadwolf You can PM a mod and ask.

@bythedreadwolf You can PM a mod and ask.

Ask for what? CC creators can do what they please. I don't really care if they make money out of their creations, illegal or not. I just find it annoying when the ads are super intrusive. What I do is simply not download or support that creator. But I'm noticing this is happening more and more and I wonder if it will come to a point where there will be no CC left that isn't behind crazy amounts of ads.
    @bythedreadwolf I meant ask the mods on this site if you are allowed to do it xD Sorry should have been more clear.
    Lets hope there'll still be some nice modder who won't hide behind advertisements ^^
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I actually prefer the toddler bed -- I hated it when Sims 3 toddlers would wake up before the rest of the family and be screaming in their crib to be let out. Sims 4 toddlers are a bit easier to take care of, though you still have to feed them and take them to the potty (at least early in potty skill).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member

I generally use my other browser, over disabling my Ad blockers. While I commend the creator for the work, I'm quite content with the toddler bed. Eventually all toddlers must leave the crib behind. Just sayin'.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member
    I actually prefer the toddler bed -- I hated it when Sims 3 toddlers would wake up before the rest of the family and be screaming in their crib to be let out. Sims 4 toddlers are a bit easier to take care of, though you still have to feed them and take them to the potty (at least early in potty skill).

Me as well. I don't really think they are much easier but I did hate that screaming at times. LOL My son took his first steps before a year and once he could pull himself up in crib he was finding a way out of it. Much nicer to put him in a smaller cot and safer as well being close to the ground.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    I have that problem and then it takes me to another site I never asked to go to. So yes it's annoying that they can't at least have you keep your ad blocker on. Like TSR that site is so full of ads it's impossible to not have a ad blocker to make it run faster.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member

I am very wary now of trying to download ts4 cc, as I have been hijacked so many times. I've now got the adfly blocker (thank heavens) but there are plenty of other things that get in your face or try to tell you that you have been infected and must 'click here' to get your pc fixed. No download is worth going through that.

I never had that with ts2 or 3, but that is probably because there was plenty of content available back then on reputable sites such as mts, and plenty of wonderful creators who shared their stuff without requiring any form of payment.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member

I am very wary now of trying to download ts4 cc, as I have been hijacked so many times. I've now got the adfly blocker (thank heavens) but there are plenty of other things that get in your face or try to tell you that you have been infected and must 'click here' to get your pc fixed. No download is worth going through that.

I never had that with ts2 or 3, but that is probably because there was plenty of content available back then on reputable sites such as mts, and plenty of wonderful creators who shared their stuff without requiring any form of payment.
    Exactly it's like they are creating the stuff and then we risk our computers to download it. I don't think it's worth getting viruses over.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,414 Member

I agree. I'm also a big fan of montessori style parenting in real life, so for me it makes more sense to have the toddler bed they can get in and out of whenever they please.
  • alexanderabdomenalexanderabdomen Posts: 21 Member
    I think cribs are cute for babies, but toddlers might be going a little far as having their own bed seems to be the best option in this case..
  • MarleyTheWizardMarleyTheWizard Posts: 962 Member
    I would use a crib for the first "half" of the toddlers life and then a regular bed.
    how you dress them change how mature they look
    I Sometimes Tweet About The Sims 4
    Gallery ID: MarleyTheWizard
  • gracieg323gracieg323 Posts: 1 New Member
    I know that it is potentially virus ridden, but if you get the the link through Pinterest, it will have an add pop up, but on the bottom there is a small place to navigate to the download link!