Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sleep and plasma

Bronwin2Bronwin2 Posts: 2,010 Member
I have noticed two things:

1. Plasma packs don't provide much plasma. I think they fill the thirst bar up about 1/8th to 1/4 of the way. I don't think the plasma fruit is much better. So snacking on Sims seems to be the better option. I am sure this is by design, but I do think that the pack and fruit levels are set too low. I would prefer something like 1/3 to 1/2.

2. There seems to be a hidden sleep need that is independent of the power bar. My vampires are getting exhausted and need sleep even though the power bar is full. Now this is ok, but if this is in fact the case I would like my sleep bar back.
Post edited by Bronwin2 on

Comments

• plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    With point 1 - I think a few people have spotted that and are hiring butlers so that they can feed on the butler.
  • Bronwin2Bronwin2 Posts: 2,010 Member
    That's a good idea. Actually drawing on some of the Underworld lore, except for feeding, the original function of the Lycans was to protect the vampires while they slept. It's probably a good idea to keep a human around the house.
  • plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    I think a butler suits vampires - it seems a match to me.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I have not seen the need to sleep in my game. I'm not sure it's not a bug for you. I really did play a vampire for a Sim week and I never saw this. I finally got him to prime vampire before I went over to my other households to incorporate them into his story. He hibernates sometimes (per my command) but he is not sleepy. Is any other vampires putting spells on your vampire? One did in MyShuno on my Sim when he tried to mind control it must have back fired and he was the one who had to remain in the middle of the street under a curse/spell and couldn't move for a very long time. But I figure the other vampire put it back on him. lol
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • AyradyssAyradyss Posts: 910 Member
    I definitely agree that the plasma packs and fruit are too weak as-is. I understand that they probably want feeding from a live Sim to be the 'best' way of doing it, but right now, it's just a bit crazy, IMO, how many packs/fruits it takes to make a meal.

I've never seen any indication of a sleep requirement outside of depleted Vampiric Energy though. Thinking you may have some kind of weird glitch there.
    Pay for product -- not potential!
  • CairieeCairiee Posts: 19 Member
    my vampire sims are also getting tired without any warning, just suddenly the tired debuff and if Im not watching them, exhaustion. sleeping works to replenish vampire energy, but if that bar is full, or nearly full then they dont sleep long enough to replenish the hidden need. Ive spent aspiration points on emergency sleep replacement potions more than once. If the never weary reward wasn't nerfed I would get it for all my vampire sims
  • AndygalAndygal Posts: 1,280 Member
    There's apparently a bug with vampires sometimes having human needs and somebody made a mod to fix it

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=589619
  • kati77kati77 Posts: 3,146 Member
    I've never had either of my vampires have any human needs. They don't necessarily need to sleep, but I do let them hibernate occasionally (but they might easily go more than 24 hours without any sleep). I remember also reading that someone here had a vampire who needed to use the bathroom.

I was just wondering if this bug has something to do with those vampires having been turned from humans? Because I made both of my vampires in CAS as vampires.
    01-06-18_5-09-41%C2%A0PM_2.png

• Selena_SouleSelena_Soule Posts: 438 Member
    kati77 wrote: »
    I've never had either of my vampires have any human needs. They don't necessarily need to sleep, but I do let them hibernate occasionally (but they might easily go more than 24 hours without any sleep). I remember also reading that someone here had a vampire who needed to use the bathroom.

I was just wondering if this bug has something to do with those vampires having been turned from humans? Because I made both of my vampires in CAS as vampires.

as far as i am aware that is indeed the case... it seems to be a problem with transitioning to a vampire from a human but vampires made in CAS dont have the issue.
  • JRBearJRBear Posts: 190 Member
    Mine were made in CAS, and they have this issue. :(

Also, my vampire just almost died from the sun while /at/ work... she got to work no problem, then apparently almost fried while there? I thought vampires should be fine while at work as long as they cross the yard OK?
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    edited February 2017
    I think it would be too easy, if the plasma packs filled up the thirst bar more than the currently do. My vampires just always have at least two frogs in their inventory and breed them frequently. That way they can always make plasma packs on the go.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I think the plasma packs and fruit are a quick fix. I think they intended it to be harder for a "vegetarian" vampire to survive without feeding on sims. That's more unnatural than feeding of prey. Maybe, when we get Pets, they'll let vampires feed on big rats.
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I think the plasma packs and fruit are a quick fix. I think they intended it to be harder for a "vegetarian" vampire to survive without feeding on sims. That's more unnatural than feeding of prey. Maybe, when we get Pets, they'll let vampires feed on big rats.

Feeding on rats would be pretty cool :)

• MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    With Plasma packs, I think that's the point, they're not suppose to refill the thirst bar significantly and it's kind of realistic, a Plasma Pack is like a capri-sun pouch a sample, of human blood that's not really going to do much.

The Human body contains about a gallon and a half of plasma, which a vampire could easily drain out of a Human, and fill their thirst bar to the max

perhaps they should have made more variations like a quart of plasma, half gallon.

Case 2, is odd... Vampire power... any powers really, magic too, takes energy, which should be recovered be resting/consuming.

Bottom line, If that energy bar is full Sims shouldn't be tired. All that should happen is whenever sims use their powers it should cost them their energy, thus making them tired.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Sorry to necro this thread, But I've noticed that my vampire sims don't like to sleep in their coffins for very long, they'll stay in there for maybe half a sim hour before waking back up before heading off to do something else. Even if I send them to their coffins with nearly depleted energy bar's they'll only sleep long enough for it to become half full before waking up again. Yet they sleep in a normal bed just fine, which is ok, unless a vampire sim has the restless sleeper weakness, then it's just annoying... :-/
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
    Sorry to necro this thread, But I've noticed that my vampire sims don't like to sleep in their coffins for very long, they'll stay in there for maybe half a sim hour before waking back up before heading off to do something else. Even if I send them to their coffins with nearly depleted energy bar's they'll only sleep long enough for it to become half full before waking up again. Yet they sleep in a normal bed just fine, which is ok, unless a vampire sim has the restless sleeper weakness, then it's just annoying... :-/

So, you use the "sleep" action? With coffins you can also use "hibernate", and then the vampires only come out of them when you wake them up (which means, you have to remember to do that). Also, I don't think the restless sleep works with hibernate, because I'm pretty sure one of my vampires has that weakness and she hibernates in her coffin just fine.