Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Sims and Friends: Share Your Stories!!

Comments

• IvoryButterflyIvoryButterfly Posts: 1,199 Member
    My goodness, I just managed to finish the first draft of my next chapter this evening... upon finally finishing culling the pictures I didn't want for my blog... 206... 206 pics I threw out!

I'm not fussy... NOOOO...
    mbytI0Z.png
    The Universe & I have agreed to disagree with each other!
  • SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    My goodness, I just managed to finish the first draft of my next chapter this evening... upon finally finishing culling the pictures I didn't want for my blog... 206... 206 pics I threw out!

I'm not fussy... NOOOO...

Sometimes we have to be fussy in order to make everything look just right. :)
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
  • mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    Happy Caturday!

cat_ban_l.jpg

Shadow instructs on the right and wrong ways to bathe a cat.
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges
  • IvoryButterflyIvoryButterfly Posts: 1,199 Member
    edited January 2017
    Sometimes we have to be fussy in order to make everything look just right. :)
    Well, I'm hoping it's payed off, my latest chapter is up now, I think I did a good job, but that's me :P

Kelly goes out on her apology dinner with Reese, Kurtis seems to have a very big issue with Kelly having anything to do with Reese. Kurtis decides to take a dangerous step to ruin Reese's already tense reputation with Eliza...

16487c62-35b3-42a5-a7f9-85963cfce363_zpsjkresrtq.png
    mbytI0Z.png
    The Universe & I have agreed to disagree with each other!
  • lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    FINALLY a story update done! Meet @Marialein 's David (Suitor #2 in Rose White's Search for a King) a wistful musician with a quietly romantic side .. enjoy!

01-20-17_2-36-44nbspAM_zps0lqkpkqm.jpg

https://lisabeesims.wordpress.com/2017/01/23/rose-white-search-for-a-king-a-bachelorette-challenge-4-meet-david/
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • xMike_BxxMike_Bx Posts: 222 Member
    Episode 6 of season 3 of MURDER VALLEY is UP!!

Go comment/feedback/like!

https://murdervalleysims.wordpress.com
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    Surprise! It feels nice to be back.

DQMuhWh.png

“So...I’m getting the biggest slice.”
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • kittycatcalikittycatcali Posts: 449 Member
    Hello, how's everyone been. I finally got around to updating my legacy which shouldn't be too hard because I finished writing the generation.. :)
    Chapter%208_zpsi6c3tyi9.jpg
    Chapter%209_zpsxuatydbv.jpg
    2m44pk0.jpg
    Lost Legacy / Prompted

"When it comes to the torment and the people who inflicted it, we've all got an elephant's memory."
  • SilentWolf101SilentWolf101 Posts: 3,898 Member
    edited January 2017
    Finally, FINALLY posted the next chapter of my story. :) It's been so long, and I hope you didn't forget about them! I've got some big plans for generation two, and am extremely excited to start the next generation (even though generation 1 has only just begun). XD
    1.01: Mistakes
    I didn't even stand a chance.

Anyways, how is everybody doing today?
    ~Open your mind before your mouth~
    Yes, I'm still working on my stories. But I am restarting them (again). Links will come when they're up. :)
    Come Join The Mafia! | Monthly Simlit Story Challenges
  • RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited January 2017
    Hey guys! I've finally managed to do my final edits to this: the next chapter to Forget-Me-Not! Just a note, though, that I don't have access to TS4 when I'm in my university town, where I'm spending quite a lot of time now, so updates might slow down again pretty soon. I do have an buffer of about four chapters, or at least material for them, so I'll try to get the updates out in reasonable pace. Also I'll be focusing on my TS3-stories again. Well, I have actually been working on both of them already, so I'll try to get new chapters out soon.
    Anyway, here we go:

Chapter 1: Waking Up
    x7MeRf8.jpg

He woke up in an unfamiliar place.

I hope you enjoy and have a lovely day/night/whatever time it is there.
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
    Here is my short story for the Monthly Simlits Short Story Challenges thread! It is a side story to my series The Cat Chronicles, but it is not necessary to be familiar with that series to read the short story. Likewise, readers of The Cat Chronicles can skip over the short story if they wish.

Senna's Story - Senna from The Cat Chronicles starts over after the death of her father with the adoption of a very unique-looking kitten. Written for the January 2017 Monthly Simlits Short Story Challenges theme "Anew."
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    When people ask for more dog:

xIkhBFq.jpg

Sagebear could at least lead him to a better place.

@mastressalita: You delivered with the cats again! :D
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
    @InfraGreen : I've been trying to get Cat Chronicles back on a schedule after pretty much torturing my readers and giving them hardly any updates for a long time... pretty much the entirity of last year I was only able to get one update a month out on my site, and that one update was always the short story for SSC, so Cat Chronicles hardly ever got updated. This is sort of my way of trying to make up for that. ^_~ At least if the theme fits an idea I have for it. Once the schedule gets worked out (and it is getting better) then there will probably start being non-Cat Chronicles short stories again.
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    Just posted all of the Chapters in my Sam Beckett (Quantum Leap) Sims 3 Story HERE :)

Do any of you happen to remember that TV show? :blush: Yeah, I'm a huge fan of it! ;)

I'd love to have you go check it out. :) Thanks. <3
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • kittycatcalikittycatcali Posts: 449 Member
    Heyo! I just posted four more chapters of gen 7. Honestly can't wait to get to generation 8 all the kids look so cute! But that's a give seeing as Callum was also adorable. :D
    Chapter%2012_zpsgamip5fm.jpg
    Chapter%2013_zpsshss7xwv.jpg
    Chapter%2014_zpswuvnapk8.jpg
    Chapter%2015_zpstiwpbpow.jpg
    2m44pk0.jpg
    Lost Legacy / Prompted

"When it comes to the torment and the people who inflicted it, we've all got an elephant's memory."
  • lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    Newest short story :) not my usual fluffy fare BUT it is SHORT LOL
    https://lisabeesims.wordpress.com/2017/01/30/invisible/

[img][/img]01-29-17_2-06-37nbspAM_zpsoffbhu1j.jpg
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
    Hi guys! Here's the next chapter to Forget-Me-Not:

Chapter 2: The Empty House
    ck7lz5l.jpg

He tried to face the facts. And then more facts turned up.

I hope you enjoy and have a lovely time in general!
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    Hi, everyone! I know I've been MIA here, but there hasn't been much to share. lol

I do have a quick question. In my Ramsey story, I may eventually need a wall or two of servers (the heart of a computer network, if you're not sure). They look like the below in RL.

09-14redridgeservers-lg-computer-servers.jpg

Rack001.jpg

If you know of any places that have this CC, could you please let me know? Just @lovesstorms.

OR

Something similar to a control center or operations would work, too. The below is kind of a silly cartoon thing, but I want to show something fairly large.

c398181a84ebb1f60c6bca5a0e065be2.jpg

Or something similar to Apollo 13 the movie's operation center...

Mission_Operations_Control_Room_during_Apollo_13.jpg

I have looked, but so far I've only found servers for S2 and S4. I could just use a bunch of computers, but they usually have monitors attached. I did find a stand-alone computer (no monitor) from Around the Sims. If I have to use a few of those, I can. However, I'd rather just have several walls of servers to portray a large computer operation.

I could build my own operation center, but if someone knows of one already, I'd rather go that route.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! <3
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
    @lovesstorms :

Well, the best I could find for a TS3 server rack is this:

sims3updates_obj_2630_1_M.jpg

It was stuck on a Russian forum but I do have the item now, I can reupload it to my own server for you if you want it so you don't have to go to the hassle of signing up.

Maybe some of the big switchboards from the Recording Studio from ATS could work for a control station as well?
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Repost from the Writer's Lounge, just in case some don't go there.

For those who use Mods in S4:

I use MC Command Center AND IU Cheats Extension. I use them together always and have never had any problems. I know you can cheat with MC Command Center, but I enjoy being able to easily click on the needs, money, etc.

IU Cheats Extension's creator made an update. Now you can easily click and change the skills AND (my favorite) TIME. Yes, I just tested it. I can change time FORWARD only, but it worked. For those of us that do screenshots, we NO long have to wait for hours until the sun comes up again (or darkness to happen). Woot!
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
    @lovesstorms :

Well, the best I could find for a TS3 server rack is this:

sims3updates_obj_2630_1_M.jpg

It was stuck on a Russian forum but I do have the item now, I can reupload it to my own server for you if you want it so you don't have to go to the hassle of signing up.

Maybe some of the big switchboards from the Recording Studio from ATS could work for a control station as well?

Ooh! I like it a lot! I think that might work! Woot! Thank you so much! I might just use this and go in for a close-up shot. Or get some items from the Recording Studio. I did notice that. Heck, I might even get that computer tower only and stick a bunch of those on a metal-looking table.

I went ahead and registered because I might look around to see what else they have. Me and my obsession with CC. lol

Thanks for all of your help! :smiley:
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
    Hi you guys! Since I don't have much to do except wait for my train to leave at the moment, I figured I'd post this now: the next chapter to Forget-Me-Not!

Chapter 3: Afterlife 101
    pcKYytd.jpg

It's time for some answers, but the answers aren't nearly enough...

I hope you guys have a lovely day!
    My Sims stories:
  • RosemaryMarieeRosemaryMariee Posts: 223 Member
    Hi, everyone! I haven't been on the forums for a little while. I was just feeling kind of overwhelmed with a lot of things in r/l, I guess. But it's good to be here again. I've really enjoyed reading the posts and seeing all of the great pics you guys have. Your stories and blogs are all very amazing. :)

In the time I was gone, I wrapped up Generation 2 of my story and am slated to begin Generation 3 on Feb. 11.

This morning I published a sneak peek for Generation 3! I hope you enjoy it :)

Generation 3 Sneak Peak!

It's going to be really exciting! I hope to see you there. :)

gen8-banner-landscape.png

Join the heirs as they tell their stories through diary entries in Noble Doubt!
    TS3/TS4/Origin ID: RosemaryMarie

• emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    Hi, everyone! I haven't been on the forums for a little while. I was just feeling kind of overwhelmed with a lot of things in r/l, I guess. But it's good to be here again.

@RosemaryMariee It's ok...we all totally understand and have been there. <3

Writer's block can be a real pain in the bum as well! :confounded:

I just posted an EPIC update in my Sam Beckett story. (Bumping it to page 2 finally! The first page was taking forever to load with all the pictures! :lol: )
    Click here

If any of you know of a fellow simmer (or your friends and family) who are a Quantum Leap fan, send them on over to my story thread. :) I'm sure they would enjoy it.
    It's an older TV series (ran from 1989-1994) so I'm not expecting there's many of you that know about/remember it, but I hope you will go check out my story anyway and see what you think. :)

Happy Simming and Storytelling! :mrgreen:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
    @emorrill : That's the era when I was growing up, but I never did manage to catch it. I grew up on a lot of 80s/90s TV though. You are certainly welcome to come add all your stories to my story library thread, The Stories and Legacies Index, any and all Sim stories are welcome!

Also... Happy Caturday!

cat_ban_l.jpg

Shadow finally manages to achieve one of his greatest goals.
    sali_adbanner3.jpg