Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

making money as a vampire?

2...Next

Comments

• IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited January 2017
    I read somewhere that a simmer uses their vampire to seduce unsuspecting prey, moves them in and then kills them. Rinse and repeat.
    Post edited by IceyJ on
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    If you get the top tier powers that negate Social, Fun, and Hygiene, you could pretty much paint nonstop, with occasional breaks to feed your thirst.

Oh and if you get the full sunlight resistance, you could do any career without concern for accidentally going out and burning up in the sun.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
    hmae123 wrote: »
    Mine paints and also has a woodworking bench in the attic with her mortals. She sells whatever they make. They are very attracted to the bench so without any prompting they'll keep crafting stuff. I don't like to play her plasma prisoners so this works well.

The only drawback is she is also very attracted to the work bench and she keeps flying up there as a bat to make stuff.
    I think there's a known issue with the workbench right now, where it attracts sims to it way more than it's supposed to. Hopefully we'll see a fix in the next bug patch.
  • hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    edited January 2017
    Triplis wrote: »
    Mine paints and also has a woodworking bench in the attic with her mortals. She sells whatever they make. They are very attracted to the bench so without any prompting they'll keep crafting stuff. I don't like to play her plasma prisoners so this works well.

The only drawback is she is also very attracted to the work bench and she keeps flying up there as a bat to make stuff.
    I think there's a known issue with the workbench right now, where it attracts sims to it way more than it's supposed to. Hopefully we'll see a fix in the next bug patch.

Oh good. I ended up getting rid of it. It was just too attractive and they kept making the same thing anyhow. I put an easel up there though so my vamp can make some money from her humans.

Side note: the card table still has zero attraction for sims. Sort of a bummer. I was hoping her humans would pass the time playing cards to keep fun up.
    Oh good. I ended up getting rid of it. It was just too attractive and they kept making the same thing anyhow. I put an easel up there though so my vamp can make some money from her humans.

Side note: the card table still has zero attraction for sims. Sort of a bummer. I was hoping her humans would pass the time playing cards to keep fun up.
    "From her humans"? :lol:

That part cracked me up.

I didn't realize that the card table has zero attraction, but it makes sense now I think about it. I had it in one of my homes and they never touched it, ever. I never stopped and thought about it.

Maybe you could give her humans a gaming console or TV. Or music player of some kind.
  • SimsweetieSimsweetie Posts: 562 Member
    I'm currently 'not cheating' so my vampiress has maxed her violin, piano and painting skills and has 60k in the bank selling painting, licensing songs and writing the odd book as well. In addition I have her employed as an arts critic but that's temporary, as soon as she has the 'earn 200k' goal satisfied for her aspiration I'm letting her quit to live off the money and her hobbies when needed.
  • hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member

That part cracked me up.

I didn't realize that the card table has zero attraction, but it makes sense now I think about it. I had it in one of my homes and they never touched it, ever. I never stopped and thought about it.

Maybe you could give her humans a gaming console or TV. Or music player of some kind.

Lol they're sort of like her pets in a way. Except she usually leaves them alone until she wants to to feed. :smile:

I might add a radio. She purposely has no TV or computer, but she does have a stereo in her party room.

That part cracked me up.

Lol they're sort of like her pets in a way. Except she usually leaves them alone until she wants to to feed. :smile:

I might add a radio. She purposely has no TV or computer, but she does have a stereo in her party room.
    Haha, I can't say I've never done that.
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,170 Member
    graventhe wrote: »
    As a vampire what is the best way to earn money? criminal job don't have days off and they work til mid night which is not very great, wish this pack came with a jobs that suits vampires :/
    anyone else thinks that?

Honestly any careers can work , because mot of them are off lot . Just give them a sun resistant , and send them to wok after they drnk it .
  • Branthor4000Branthor4000 Posts: 140 Member
    I make a lot of simoleons by maxing out the painting skill for my sims. As far as the woodworking bench, money can be made there also, but my problem with the woodworking bench is it is the first thing the sims run to if you do not keep them busy. I always know where to find them. Just do not understand what the attraction is to them to run to the bench.
  • DKguruArtistDKguruArtist Posts: 292 Member
    To be honest i rarely work much less i really care to which usually mostly only extend to self employed jobs or the active get to work onces. Otherwise i feel it's bit pointless as it's only downtime otherwise you don't really get any form of gaming experience out of. You can do this both by using cheats to speed things up or doing it manually which take while longer but might give extra game time opposed to cheat route. But basically you earn enough money to live off the interest you get, using Aspiration Fabulously Wealthy Final Milestone reward.