Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you allow your sims to have Unnatural hair/eye/skin colors?

Im getting tired of looking at boring vanilla sims, with no unique features but due to my conservative nature, I have never really been adventurous with my sims and in real life there arent any orange or purple skin people. or people with naturally green hair. So i feel silly for wanting green or candy apple red hair on a child or toddler sim. Of course adults can dye their hair, but most people dont dye their kids/babies hair wacky colors.so it would be strange right?

However, I have to remind myself that sims have a world of their own and maybe in their world,"people" do have wacky color hair and skin. Do you experiment? or are you vanilla? I have also never been the type you want to play with unrealistic type sims like vampires or other supernaturals.

Comments

• Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    I'm more vanilla than most. My sims all have natural colored hair. Except my townies. They steal all my CC and use the wildest colors they can find, usually paired with green eyebrows.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    TDU90TDU90 Posts: 1,822 Member
    I'm more vanilla than most. My sims all have natural colored hair. Except my townies. They steal all my CC and use the wildest colors they can find, usually paired with green eyebrows.

Im vanilla too, but I wanna break out of it lol
    My own personal hindrances wont let me.
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    The only sims I've had more wild are usually my artsy creative sims. Their clothes, home decor, and hair might be more avant garde because it suits them.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    The only sims I've had more wild are usually my artsy creative sims. Their clothes, home decor, and hair might be more avant garde because it suits them.

agree. i usually prefer to match their personal style to everything around them.
  • Options
    LiquidsatinLiquidsatin Posts: 54 Member
    I go with funky colored skin, eyes , and hair when I am doing legacies usually have to pass those specific traits down however with toddlers coming out haven't found a way to give them custom hair :( with genetics so now just use eye color.
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    I generally have pink hair myself so I do let my sims have funky colored hair if it fits their personality.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    I kind of do and don't..I have a couple of Disney sims (I'm going to have them re-populate gain-after the toddler patch in a brand new save-and I really need to make sure I keep an eye on HOW I'm saving so I don't screw up again..my Swanson Save).
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    I have a family from Midnight Hollow I recreated in my game the mom has purple hair.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    Kay8OrangeKay8Orange Posts: 291 Member
    Sims 4 doesn't have that many color options like Sims 3 did, and the children don't inherit the unnatural hair colors unless they're teens made in CAS. Because they don't inherit them I glue to natural colors (excluding aliens and hybrids) but who knows, they're making more colors so I might get more creative. Currently I have only two sims (again, excluding aliens) that have unnatural hair colors--white and hot pink. They're based off Rose Wilson from DC Comics and my friend's OC.

But in Sims 3 I'm all for weird colors, like a completely purple sim lol. Or maybe a green or orange werewolf... hmm.
  • Options
    Kay8OrangeKay8Orange Posts: 291 Member
    Sims 4 doesn't have that many color options like Sims 3 did, and the children don't inherit the unnatural hair colors unless they're teens made in CAS. Because they don't inherit them I glue to natural colors (excluding aliens and hybrids) but who knows, they're making more colors so I might get more creative. Currently I have only two sims (again, excluding aliens) that have unnatural hair colors--white and hot pink. They're based off Rose Wilson from DC Comics and my friend's OC.

But in Sims 3 I'm all for weird colors, like a completely purple sim lol. Or maybe a green or orange werewolf... hmm.
  • Options
    Ok so Im totally not vanilla anymore. My sweet husband just bought the Vampire expansion for me , because I thought what the heck the vampires look so cool and could add adventure and wonder to my game. Just finished my first vampire sim, now Im feeling good.
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    TDU90 wrote: »
    Ok so Im totally not vanilla anymore. My sweet husband just bought the Vampire expansion for me , because I thought what the heck the vampires look so cool and could add adventure and wonder to my game. Just finished my first vampire sim, now Im feeling good.

Awesome :) it can be fun. Most of my sims have normal hair except the young adults that can't stop parting and a sim who is a punk haha

I started using wacky colors when I would do color legacies haha like red generation, blue genaration and so on :)

I hope you enjoy the vampire pack! It's a great way to begin with different sims
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I want to do highlights, but...
    I never thought the pink... well there's only one sim whose been able to pull off the pink hair, and another sim to pull off iridescent but the other hair colors, no.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    It depends on my story.

In my story I have a creature that's body is made up of pure nature energy and she can change her form over time, yet she always keeps her purple eyes.

Completely depends on the sim.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    RoboSpongieRoboSpongie Posts: 1,042 Member
    I always had sims with wacky EA haircolors I always imagine them being born with pink or blue hair haha
    = Sims Player for 17+ Years =
    tumblr_inline_nsj7xjgkAi1rrkf1x_500.gif
  • Options
    HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    I generally use natural hair colours, except with a couple of my sims who are modelled after video games characters that have blue, green or pink hair.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Options
    FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    Now that I think about it, I only really use wacky eyecolors on my occult sims. I also never really use the unnatural hair colors, but that's more because I'm not a big fan of some of them, but maybe I should give it a try :lol:
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • Options
    MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    ladybreid wrote: »
    I generally have pink hair myself so I do let my sims have funky colored hair if it fits their personality.

Same.
  • Options
    okesterokester Posts: 4,136 Member
    I usually only make Sims with unnatural genetics if A) the Sims I'm making are characters from tv shows or something that have unusual coloring or B) If I'm making a supernatural Sims (red eyes for vampires, green skin for fairies, ect.)
    Origin ID: Okest3r_13 Check out my Sims 4 creations!
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member

If you install Sims Studio 4 and run one cheat code, it will run through all your CC and sets it to disallow townies from using CC, so you can keep your played Sims unique.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    No, I only play realistically. Hair colours can be unnatural in real life (like blue or pink) so I'd let my Sim have a unique hair colour if it matched their personality.
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    Not really, but I am trying to come out of my comfort zone and i'm trying to make more unique sims. So bigger ears, different shaped noses and larger mouths and sometimes hairstyles I normally wouldn't go for. It's something to get used to but baby steps! :blush:
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    Overall, my sims are pretty average looking. My original intention has been to save the unnatural skin and hair colors for a legacy that I'm trying to add aliens to... however, I've yet to be able to get any of the male sims abducted. I'm going to add the satellite dish the lot and hope for the best! LOL :D
  • Options
    CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    Majority of my sims tend to have natural colored hair, but if they get an unnatural color for any reason, I just keep it. Since I have a lot of adult to child hair conversions, if I have a sim with an unnatural hair color, I might get a kid with the same color. One of my favorites is this girl named June Weeks who got her "mother's teal hair" which I assumed was dyed when I first found her around town. Her mom had teal colored hair and brown eyebrows, so I kinda assumed her "natural" hair color was brown. Instead, just like her mom, she retained brown eyebrows, but her hair ended up being teal. This was before the toddler patch, so when she popped out of the bassinet like that I accepted it lmao
    0ccaa850f6884bf63721d47af06c00cf.png
    She's a teenager now, and I still kept her hair the same color. :)
    1a48d4c9b77ca6b14a90712f2602d93b.png
    There's another girl around named Violet who coincidentally has the light purple shade colored hair, too.

As for eye colors, the only ones I have with unnatural eye colors are those who are part alien or have alien ancestry, or from one of my families that had one kid with red eyes that popped up during their 3rd-4th generation. It's kinda nice whenever I see them around 'cause I know where they're from and who they're related to.
  • Options
    KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member

This.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top