Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

There are not enough Build/Buy mode options!

TDU90TDU90 Posts: 1,822 Member
edited February 2017 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
I like building and decorating the most but its frustrating that there is such a lack of options. There's just not enough of anything. The furniture and decor is few and far between in style. One of the things i dislike most of all is the kitchen counters. The ones we have aren't very cute and there arent many choices of style.A color wheel is desperately needed.I cant stand when its time to choose the style of the exterior of the house and I cant recolor anything . It would be nice if they put a bunch of new build/buy mode items in a stuff pack.

I do not like the "Beds" . The bed covers dont come in enough styles/colors. The living room sofas come in mellow, dull colors and the overall decor items need a serious update. Please help us EA! :)
Post edited by TDU90 on

Comments

• aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,089 Member
    TDU90 wrote: »
    I like to build houses but it is really frustrating that there is such a lack of options for wallpaper, furniture and decorations. The kitchen counters aren't that nice and there arent that many of them. Thats why I dont enjoy making a kitchen. My least favorite room. There are also not enough things to dress up the walls. There arent any decorative shelves with pictures,clutter and nick knacks on them. Also, another problem, we need a color wheel or something . I cant stand when its time to choose the style of the exterior of the house and I cant recolor anything . I want an entire build/boy mode stuff pack. It could be called Sims 4 : Dream Home Pack or something because there is just not enough there and know those of us who like to practice building sure could use it.

I will agree about the kitchen counters. Huge lack of them. They need more options.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Throw in terrain editing and a CAW tool as well and you might just be able to spark my interest.

Building has always been a big part of The Sims for many of us and the builders deserve more that they have at the moment
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • TDU90TDU90 Posts: 1,822 Member
    aaronrulz wrote: »
    I like to build houses but it is really frustrating that there is such a lack of options for wallpaper, furniture and decorations. The kitchen counters aren't that nice and there arent that many of them. Thats why I dont enjoy making a kitchen. My least favorite room. There are also not enough things to dress up the walls. There arent any decorative shelves with pictures,clutter and nick knacks on them. Also, another problem, we need a color wheel or something . I cant stand when its time to choose the style of the exterior of the house and I cant recolor anything . I want an entire build/boy mode stuff pack. It could be called Sims 4 : Dream Home Pack or something because there is just not enough there and know those of us who like to practice building sure could use it.

I will agree about the kitchen counters. Huge lack of them. They need more options.

Thanks. Of the kitchen counter choices that we do have a couple of them look awful . Its really hard to design/decorate to your liking.
    I also do not like to use CC in my builds, too much hunting for stuff and its too much hassle. I prefer the stuff that comes with the games.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    I agree. We need more kitchen counters!!! >.<
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Throw in terrain editing and a CAW tool as well and you might just be able to spark my interest.

Building has always been a big part of The Sims for many of us and the builders deserve more that they have at the moment

Never gonna happen. It's been confirmed multiple times so perhaps your interest will never be sparked. And I'm not even sure how this relates to this thread.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    edited February 2017
    Simanite wrote: »

Never gonna happen. It's been confirmed multiple times so perhaps your interest will never be sparked. And I'm not even sure how this relates to this thread.

Terrain tools come under build/ buy
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    We dont have enough fridges either. I dont like the choices.
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    edited February 2017
    We're 3 Expansion Packs in.

I'm sure once The Sims 4 is up to Expansion Pack 10, there'll be 100 Stuff Packs and maybe 20 Game Packs full of content.

---

Honestly though, you can download CC. It's what I did in The Sims 2.
    I hated Create-A-Style because of how laggy it made the game. Even on console too and that wasn't Open World.

CC at least means you can download thousands of textures, and not see your game slow down.
    Plus, you're not stuck with EA's textures and you can choose beyond the games artsyle.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Kitchens are sorely lacking in content right now. Some of those counters I can't imagine anybody wanting to use them ever. Fridge and cooker designs are hideously limited, as are our grilling options. Sinks are basically all the same. And why must we only have one dishwasher option?

The Vampire pack gave us a great new counter/cabinet combo. We could use more ideas like that. All my kitchens end up looking the same.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
    Loanet wrote: »
    Kitchens are sorely lacking in content right now. Some of those counters I can't imagine anybody wanting to use them ever. Fridge and cooker designs are hideously limited, as are our grilling options. Sinks are basically all the same. And why must we only have one dishwasher option?

The Vampire pack gave us a great new counter/cabinet combo. We could use more ideas like that. All my kitchens end up looking the same.

The sinks need an overhall. Uglyyyy!
  • DecafHighDecafHigh Posts: 669 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »

I'm sure once The Sims 4 is up to Expansion Pack 10, there'll be 100 Stuff Packs and maybe 20 Game Packs full of content.

Honestly, if they try to drag this iteration of the game out another 7 years I would be officially done with the series. I'm thinking 2 more EP's max.
  • RoboSpongieRoboSpongie Posts: 1,042 Member
    Kinda wish we had more kitchen stuff and some more different hobby stuff
    = Sims Player for 17+ Years =
    tumblr_inline_nsj7xjgkAi1rrkf1x_500.gif
  • klestrellaklestrella Posts: 440 Member
    It's nice to know others hate the kitchen counter options as much as I do. :lol: Where are the granite and marble counter tops? I can't stand the linoleum/tile tops we have now; they look so bland.
    DecafHigh wrote: »

Honestly, if they try to drag this iteration of the game out another 7 years I would be officially done with the series. I'm thinking 2 more EP's max.

I love the sims 4. I just would like more decor options ! However, I know some people have different feelings :)

---

Honestly though, you can download CC. It's what I did in The Sims 2.
    I hated Create-A-Style because of how laggy it made the game. Even on console too and that wasn't Open World.

CC at least means you can download thousands of textures, and not see your game slow down.
    Plus, you're not stuck with EA's textures and you can choose beyond the games artsyle.

I would love to see sims 4 get a bunch stuff packs, there has been a lot of great content added so far. And as for EPs yes thats going to be a really fun addition when we have university , weather, etc. University is a favorite , for me. I dont like CC though. Just not my thing.

• feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    More colourful items would be great, but not just different colours and styles but different comfort levels.
    cookers, fridges and sinks need to have different levels to. If I buy the expensive fridge and cooker, my sims end up fat because the meals are too good and that leaves the black set, with the wood underneath the cooker, cute it is, but that's the only one, the cookers and fridges below it cook substandard food and the food in the fridge goes off too quickly.
  • SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    I think Cast would fix so many issues we have with the colours lacking. I sometimes want to go classy but I also want to go really cute and vibrant which isn't possible with the current items (kitchen mostly). Even a simple colourwheel would be amazing, no patterns just a colourwheel.
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
    @DecafHigh wrote: »

Why?

EA's tactic so far, is to release a game, give it 4 years of content, and then start reselling it to you again.
    And purposely skips EP's to make you reinvest.

The Sims 2 skipped a proper Supernatural pack, unlike 1 and 3. They also skipped a Celebrity pack (they actually had it originally and decided to keep it for The Sims 3). The Sims 3 skipped a business pack and a proper vacation pack, while teasing them with World Adventures and Island Paradise.

So you'd rather EA make you invest a 5th time, selling you 70% of the full content, which makes you have to buy everything again, or would you rather they try and fit as much as they can in one game. The Sims 4 has been designed to integrate perfectly with new content, so much so, that the base game and the game with all packs run exactly the same.

If they can keep it going for another 7 years, I would be extremely happy, because for once, EA aren't going to stop the game once it starts getting really good, and start all over again.
    @Skobee wrote: »
    I think Cast would fix so many issues we have with the colours lacking. I sometimes want to go classy but I also want to go really cute and vibrant which isn't possible with the current items (kitchen mostly). Even a simple colourwheel would be amazing, no patterns just a colourwheel.

A colour wheel involves the same tech as patterns, so it would be either all or nothing.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    @DecafHigh wrote: »

Why?

EA's tactic so far, is to release a game, give it 4 years of content, and then start reselling it to you again.
    And purposely skips EP's to make you reinvest.

The Sims 2 skipped a proper Supernatural pack, unlike 1 and 3. They also skipped a Celebrity pack (they actually had it originally and decided to keep it for The Sims 3). The Sims 3 skipped a business pack and a proper vacation pack, while teasing them with World Adventures and Island Paradise.

So you'd rather EA make you invest a 5th time, selling you 70% of the full content, which makes you have to buy everything again, or would you rather they try and fit as much as they can in one game. The Sims 4 has been designed to integrate perfectly with new content, so much so, that the base game and the game with all packs run exactly the same.

If they can keep it going for another 7 years, I would be extremely happy, because for once, EA aren't going to stop the game once it starts getting really good, and start all over again.
    You optimist! TS4 is already so buggy and laggy that I can't imagine 7 further EPs. I think we get Pets and Seasons and as GPs Magic and Beach Vacation and that's it. We absolutely need TS5 for a return of open worlds.

• DecafHighDecafHigh Posts: 669 Member
    Why?

Because just more "stuff" won't fix the core problems with the game. What those are has been rehashed to death on this forum the last 2 years so I'll refrain from reciting them all again.
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    What do you mean by "cute" kitchen counters ? I'm personally happy with the kitchen counters we have, but I'm missing cooktop or ovens you can put in counters.

I think we could use a bit more bed covers options too, especially since there are linked to the bed frame, it's always hard to find one I enjoy.

I would like patio doors, and more basic options for windows/doors, like the ones often used in new houses in France :
    95909724_1.jpg

And roof windows too.
  • x_Always_Heart_xx_Always_Heart_x Posts: 567 Member
    A lot of the furniture looks like it's geared toward modern/contemporary. Very little styles to work with so all my rooms end up looking the same.

Still waiting on a sliding glass door too :/
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    I also do not like to use CC in my builds, too much hunting for stuff and its too much hassle. I prefer the stuff that comes with the games.

I like CC in general, but especially where the creator completes window styles that EA should have.
    http://simsationaldesigns.blogspot.com.au/2016/08/gtw-window-addons.html
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds