Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New main menu vs old main menu (photo comparison)

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,581 Member
    Hello
    Thankyou very much for your very,helpful picture ! @smoothyrus129 :) I hope that you don't mind that I may refer to it if other simmers are having issues.
  • smoothyrus129smoothyrus129 Posts: 1,440 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello
    Thankyou very much for your very,helpful picture ! @smoothyrus129 :) I hope that you don't mind that I may refer to it if other simmers are having issues.

I don't mind at all. :) It's why I made the original graphic in the first place, and the new one as well! (And why I put my username on the graphics, because I remember that someone shared my original one but couldn't remember who had made it.)
  • MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    I was about to post the original Sims 4 loading screen but @TheSimer beat me to it. To be honest it was my favourite main menu, fantastically simple with all those funny clips instead of renders.
    BabySquare wrote: »
    TheSimer wrote: »
    We can't forget this version
    menu.jpg

Where's that from?

This is how the menu looked since it's launch in 2014 before it was changed in 2015:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AX78uweGwxc

Hah, I had completely forgotten about that. :smiley:
  • v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member
    edited February 2017
    I wish the loading screen was'nt just so...

white ? It just hurts my eye,

The best loading screen to me was the one in ThesimsMedieval, so pleasing to look at.
    jr73Y.gif

• DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,579 Member
    menu.jpg

Only 90's kids will remember this. :D
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • samham95samham95 Posts: 3 New Member
    My main menu is missing the load and new game buttons
  • samham95samham95 Posts: 3 New Member
    I don't know how to upload the picture of what I have, but I need help fixing it and EA hasn't given me any proper solutions because they suck. I need help.
  • PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    samham95 wrote: »
    I don't know how to upload the picture of what I have, but I need help fixing it and EA hasn't given me any proper solutions because they suck. I need help.
    Do you have any mods? Try removing the mods and see if it helps. If it doesn't help, try repairing your game.
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• mrnhmathmrnhmath Posts: 750 Member
    menu.jpg

Where's that from?

This is how the menu looked since it's launch in 2014 before it was changed in 2015:

Who's in your signature? xD
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,579 Member
    mrnhmath wrote: »
    menu.jpg

Where's that from?

Who's in your signature? xD

It's Britney Spears. XD
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    edited February 2017
    v12creator wrote: »
    I wish the loading screen was'nt just so...

white ? It just hurts my eye,

The best loading screen to me was the one in ThesimsMedieval, so pleasing to look at.
    I agree I hate all the white they go overboard with it same on this forum so much bright white really wish there was a option to change it to black. Really not a fan of them adding your collection I already know what I own its not that important that it needs to be seen on the main menu cant wait till its even more bloated with 16 more packs game packs and expansions.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
    On the other hand, clicking on the dlcs in the collection now shows what objects and clothing that the pack actually features.

I dont think Origin display have that ?
    jr73Y.gif

• 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    edited February 2017
    The old "Other Available Content" in-game feature (the three plumbob one that glowed when there was new content) did show you what content the packs had if you clicked on them and then selected the pack you wanted. Just going into Origin and looking at the pack there does not though.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Callum2000Callum2000 Posts: 802 Member
    menu.jpg

I. Want. This. Back. I didn't like the way the play button and stuff was, but I loved the animations! It looked nice imo :)
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited February 2017
    I like the new menu. I especially like that they moved the create new household button to map view. Makes alot more sense imo. And I kinda like seeing the packs I have. Although I really just want to past the screen as fast as possible. LOL
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
    3KNPen wrote: »
    The old "Other Available Content" in-game feature (the three plumbob one that glowed when there was new content) did show you what content the packs had if you clicked on them and then selected the pack you wanted. Just going into Origin and looking at the pack there does not though.

Was that the one that opened Origin inside your game ?

Because if it is, this one is not only faster but more intuitive, i guess placing these in the main menu is constant reminder of what you do not have and pressure the player into buying them, veery sneaky...
    jr73Y.gif

• GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    I am fine with any one of them but the second one appears to be more cluttered.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
    My main menu is missing the load and new game buttons

As a new member, you can't officially post pictures on a comment, but if you go to a free photo upload site (like tinypic), you should be able to copy and paste the link into a comment, though maybe break the link up a bit (like put a space between "http://&quot; and the rest of the link) and we can copy and paste it into our browser to check it out.

However, in the meantime: (and if you have a mod-free and CC-free game, skip straight to step 2)
    1.) If you have any mods or CC, remove them. This should be your standard operating procedure any time a new patch is released. Remove mods & CC and wait for the devs to update them post-patch.
    2.) Open Origin and right-click on the Sims 4 box art, then choose "Repair Game"
    3.) After the game is done repairing, go into the game and see if your main menu screen has been fixed
    4.) If it's still broken, take a screenshot, upload it to somewhere like tinypic, and share the image link here
  • CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    Speaking of loading screens, I would be so happy if the devs changed our loading screens to this style
    132198-the-sims-the-sims-2-pets-loading-screen.jpg
    (not my pic, just posting for a example)
    giphy_1.gif
  • RadioAChickenRadioAChicken Posts: 163 Member
    It's definitely an improvement. I'm no stranger to the Sims series but I found the old menu very confusing when I first started playing 4 and I wanted a separate save file. I also like that now it displays the price of the packs instead of just hoping that you would add them all blindly and worry about the cost later.
    iscQh5U.png
  • RadioAChickenRadioAChicken Posts: 163 Member
    It's definitely an improvement. I'm no stranger to the Sims series but I found the old menu very confusing when I first started playing 4 and I wanted a separate save file. I also like that now it displays the price of the packs instead of just hoping that you would add them all blindly and worry about the cost later.
    iscQh5U.png
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,500 Member
    Does the CAS button simply allow you to play around in CAS without having to be in any particular game save? This would be useful. Sometimes, I just want to build. Other times, I just want to play around in CAS. And, no, I haven't yet played since the newest patch. Which, is why I have questions. LOL
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    edited February 2017
    The New Save button takes you into CAS and you can play around their to your hearts content, save sims to your library and gallery and exit the game without having to go into the game. The only difference between it and the old CAS-only is that now you have an option to take any created Sim directly into a new game where as before you would have to save them to your library, exit out to the main menu start a new save and load them in from the gallery. If you want to add a Sim to an existing save there's a Add-Family button on the Manage Worlds screen.
    ~ ~ ~
  • TDU90TDU90 Posts: 1,822 Member
    Love the new menu. Looks cute. However. I prefer to build houses rather than to play and it sure would help if they would allow us to manage worlds and build without having to actually create a household. That would be revolutionary.