Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

no mermaids, PLEASE HELP!

is there a island paradise expansion pack that does not include mermaids, or is there something i have to do to get them to come, iv looked everywhere and have not seen one, also in my life time rewards the "permanent mermaid" does not exist and if my sim finds a conch she cant blow on it to signal a mermaid i really wanted mermaids some one please help

Comments

• GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited July 2014
    Hi.

First of all, make sure that you're playing in Isla Paradiso, the new world that came with the IP expansion. It's the only place that I know of that starts off with NPC mermaids.

Secondly, there is a bug which sometimes causes the mermaid townies around Isla Paradiso to have no tails. So, it's possible that you've met a few, but they just didn't have their tails when you saw them. There's a thread on it here and if that is the case, there is a fix you can try yourself here.

And lastly, the life time reward "permanent mermaid" does not exist for normal sims. Your sim has to be a mermaid for that reward to show up. You can, however, buy the "mermadic kelp" LTR to change your normal sim into a mermaid.

Here's a list of all of the mermaid townies in Isla Paradiso. So, check and see if you've met any of these sims, that way you'll know whether or not you have the "no tail" bug:
    Salty Seaworth
    Maya Ocean
    Mia Azul
    Triton King

Oh, and you improve your chances of finding a mermaid if you work on the scuba diving skill and go diving at various spots. Especially Mermaid's Grotto. :wink: Hope this helps.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • lahdeialahdeia Posts: 9 New Member
    My sim fell for Salty. He gives her kelp but it doesn't work. I tried it five times. And I think there is a glitch because there are mermaids with tails in my game and mermaids and merman with no tails. Maybe I will just try a different mermaid.
  • Vr240253Vr240253 Posts: 28 Member
    this could be a bug, once eaten the kelp from mermaid should turn your sim into a mermaid. not just NPC mermaids, there are mermaids in your neighbourhood, look out for their leg colours :)
  • SamRoo0822SamRoo0822 Posts: 2 New Member
    [quote="lahdeia;c-15530829"]My sim fell for Salty. He gives her kelp but it doesn't work. I tried it five times. And I think there is a glitch because there are mermaids with tails in my game and mermaids and merman with no tails. Maybe I will just try a different mermaid. [/quote]

Salty's an evil sim, so he gives fake kelp :(
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Please don't necropost in old threads. I'm going to go ahead and close off this thread now as it has been inactive since 2017, If you have any questions about necroposting you can read this thread here : Necroposting
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top