Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

(Winners Announced) Giveaway!! 17th Anniversary Stuff Pack Giveaway.

Comments

• MiSFiT203MiSFiT203 Posts: 278 Member
    Thanks for this opportunity @simgirl1010

I dont really know what to say, im not the most sociable these days.

i been a simmer since sims 1 day 1. i guess that would have made me about 29 then lol.

i've owned every sims 1 & 2. (twice) i thought i was done with em and sold them to a friend, ended up realizing i wasn't done and bought them again. lol. sims 3 & sims 4. i havent been so lucky due to hard times. sims 3 i have about half the addon's give or take. sim's 4 has been even tougher as i been trying to get disability for the past 3-4 years and keep getting denied, all the while having no income.

On a more positive note, my favorite sim is.... me. looks just like me lol.

umm... ok here is where i intended on posting the gallery link, but it appears there is no web gallery anymore, or at the moment. not sure which but it's not there.

so much for a more positive note. anyways, thanks so much for this opportunity.
  • VikimicikeVikimicike Posts: 65 Member
    edited February 2017
    I brought you some of my favourite moments during my gameplay :) It's not a story, just a few screenshots I took of my happy sims:

Japanese girl who is a serious musician enjoys playing her violin at her room :)

32548605561_eaca6225bf_b.jpg

Homework study circle in San Mishuno :smiley:

32548605701_12f896d09e_b.jpg

Flirty moments in the disco :wink:

32548605781_e0513bb4f4_b.jpg

Wife does yoga, husband is working out, a couple workout day :)

31827943954_7bcdfa71d3_b.jpg

Wedding ceremony of J Huntington the hmm.. I don't remember which generation it is now.. maybe 4th? :dizzy:

32548605931_f3d9ca033f_b.jpg

I want that tattoo on myself too haha :smiley:

31827944074_c671a3832e_b.jpg

And a lot more photos of happy moments I had with my sims, I just didn't want to overwhelm the thread :D so now I stop :D
  • mareeeceeekmareeeceeek Posts: 1 New Member
    I really can't believe it's 17 years since The Sims. You now, I feel really old right now as I am heading to my 20th birthday.

I was about 5 years old when I first play the game at my cousin's house. I was so fascinated and enjoyed every minute of playing the game. I was just killing my Sims all the time, but... I was 5! :D (uhm... and never stopped, I am secret Sim(rial) Killer, but shush.)

But my favorite is still The Sims 2! I still think that is the best game of all Sims, with packs like University, Seasons, Pets - it was just heaven and on my own computer! My favorite family was also in TS2, and it was really just "me"... trying to WooHoo with everyone at Pleasantview. And then I was just randomly killing everyone who moved in. And yes, I am really nice guy in real life. :D

The Sims 3 was great successor, but not quite good as previous one - because game was really laggy on my PC. However I have pretty good fun with open world and new things they added.

And now we are here - The Sims 4. In my eyes second best game from series. I didn't really played it on my computer, until tonight (maybe?) - as I finally bought Base game + City Living on Anniversary Sale! But I saw like every let's play and played on friend's computer! It's really fun and I can't wait when it finally finishes download. And my mum too. :)

So that's it. The Sims was huge part of my childhood... and for some reason, even when I am adult, I love it. :D

And if I had to pick from stuff packs i would say Perfect Patio or Vintage Glamour would be really nice addition for me as I love building houses... :)

And lastly - thanks simgirl1010 - you are really kind person! :)
  • Ala511o2Ala511o2 Posts: 1 New Member
    I have only one additive, and any accessories. I'd like to have.

My favorite sim is created by me "Alexa" <3
    It's the prettiest Simka what I did because I liked it and I played it.

More photos I have another laptop, which I have Sims...it is broken and in the future when it repaired, I'll be able to play.
    I played my sim already a lot of times and had various husbands and children.
    She was also a saleswoman in a shops created by me.

They were her children.

• PaytePayte Posts: 20 Member
    I started a sort of 'Orphanage challenge'. I made this large house and made two adults to watch the children they adopted. I had two favorite kids out of the bunch, as they didn't talk to any of the other kids, just to eachother. I kind of watched them grow up and they got married and right now I'm playing as their grown children! I'm really excited because I normally don't play this far along (I normally get really bored) but I really fell in love with these sims and I'm quite sure I might cry when they die.
    Anyway, that's my sims! :blush: Thanks for hosting this giveaway! I've seen you host giveaways before multiple times, you are a very generous simmer!
  • WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member
    edited February 2017
    Woah, so many entries already :open_mouth:

My favourite pack would be The Sims 2: Open For Buisness. The possibilities are endless with this one :) . Opening barber shops, flower stores, etc... I just adore it.

I would love Backyard Stuff since I love the summer vibe in the pack and the coloful content, and btw thank you for the giveaway regardless if I win or not.

Funny story: I recently also won a giveaway and now I am waiting for some days till I get the pack xD
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
  • LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    this is my favourite family at the moment

01_22_17_9_22_38pm_by_starsharmony-daxg41f.png

01_31_17_9_59_42pm_by_starsharmony-daxg420.png

02_02_17_5_24_40pm_by_starsharmony-daxn650.png

from left to right is the mother Emily Slack, the eldest son Vincent(vinnie) Slack, the father Hakim Al Hibib then my mixed race twins Cassie and Zachery Slack. they're having a family movie night together >w<

my favourite packs would be get to work, movie hang out, city living, backyard, vampires and dineout
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    My favorite expansion is a tie between Sims 3 Into the Future and Sims 3 University Life. It's one of the main reasons I hope University Life comes back to the Sims 4.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• HellewellthHellewellth Posts: 12 New Member
    Vikimicike wrote: »
    I want that tattoo on myself too haha

What is that outfit, where did you get it I did not see that i game.
  • americanamelieamericanamelie Posts: 36 Member
    I was the first of my friends to get the sims games, and I let them each create themselves and their crushes and the kids we hated hehhh. For a while, kids were coming over to my house just to play it!! So my first bf became a sim and I used to tell him about our sims relationship progress and everything they did together, eventually he was like "are you dating me or my sim???" When we broke up I made sure to wither his sim down to zero needs.

I would really like the backyard stuff!
  • JessicaDebanhiJessicaDebanhi Posts: 5 New Member
    So... well I am not going to lie The Sims 4 is the first Sims that I ever play on laptop, I never actually got the possibility to buy a laptop/computer to play any of the sims, I have just played The Sims Freeplay and the sims from the psp and stuff xD, but now that I have worked my bottoms off I can get to play the sims finally, only took me a lot of years of my life lol... well I would love to have the possibility to get either Vintage Glamour or Bowling (I don't have the others but I just feel like Bowling would be so cool :3) because I love Vintag-ish stuff so freakin much, I have wanted it since it came out!

My fav family is probably my family, I just love how I get to do a lot of things just by playing the sims xD

Thanks for this giveaway, regardless I win or not, thanks so much :3
  • alfardialfardi Posts: 116 Member
    edited February 2017
    Hello simgirl1010, thank you very much for this opportunity, you are such a nice person.

Win or not, I want to tell you my simming story, from the very first days hehe.

14 years ago, my dad bought our family a computer, our very first computer. And he also bought me my very first game, The Sims. I was an elementary student at that time so you know how fool and new I am to play The Sims XD

In my first games, I just created a family and play with it... until they all die, of hunger, because the starting money run out. Back then I don't know how to increase the family funds (lol I was a fool elemantary student).

I don't know how to make my sim works, lol. Beside being an elemantary student, English is not my native language so I don't know all the interaction meanings in the game. But hey, the animations showed me. I have to thank The Sims because they teach me basic English verbs like 'sit', 'talk', 'sleep', even 'kiss' lol. Oh I really miss the day I made Mortimer kiss Bella for thousand times. Thank you The Sims :)

Then I learned a lot within years that you can increase your family funds by working (duh), you can marry people and live together, and so on. That was the best time in my life for discovering what is The Sims game about.

Then Sims 2 came out in my local store, imagine my hype for the game. But alas, my computer can't handle that game. Even the only expansion pack of The Sims that I have is only Livin Large.

Back then I don't have internet, so I can't watch others Let's Play, I only can imagine everything from the cover of the game lol. Yeah that means I keep playing The Sims 1 and skip The Sims 2.

Until I turn 13 (Junior high school student), Sims 3 released. But my my, the price is so high. Fortunately, I have a friend that has good laptop and The Sims 3, and he let me play it during recess. Imagine my excitement! Jumping from The Sims 1 to The Sims 3 is A LOT. Open world is my favourite feature, it was a big leap (despite all the bugs it caused too XD ). I really love that game! And back then internet improved in my country so I can finally watch others Let's Play for the expansion packs that my friend doesn't have. I keep doing this until I enter college.

In college, I work my plum off to buy a decent laptop and The Sims 4. At first, I was rather disappointed because all those missing features in the base game. In some time, I quit playing until Toddler arrived. But looking back now, The Sims 4has improved. I hope The Sims 4 can outlast their predecessor, especially in quality :)

For now, I own 2 expansion packs, 3 game packs, and 2 stuff packs. So I am really happy for you giving us this opportunity,

thanks again, @simgirl1010 :D
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    Wow, that is so nice and generous of you! I don't know if I have have pics I can post on here as they aren't on my laptop at the moment; but my favorite sims family is a family based of characters I made, the Bellamy family.

Originally created in Sims 3 and moved on to Sims 4, it started out with my Sim Alexander being single and later married and had a son (the son was always planned though as he was also a character that was created before had and technically so was the wife; but I was doing a challenge at the time so I just had them start out single at first). What wasn't planned from the beginning was the daughter Azure; but I grew to love her some much as she turned out pretty awesome. The Husband had the evil trait and the son was a bit of a trouble maker as well, The wife was ambitious and rich. She came from another town/country and had sort of an elegant look (rich; but her family had cut her off from money). The daughter was good; but weird. She first married one of the warlocks in Sims 3 (one of the twins I think? I forgot his name, it's been so long). She became a journalist as it was part of the generation challenge while her brother went into business; but that was about as far as I got in Sims 3 as my game kept crashing and freezing, etc...right now they are either teens or young adults in Sims 4; I been switching with other families back and forth, so I am not too sure.

My favorite pack? In Sims 3 when I was able to get the game to play, it is sort of a tie between Seasons, Supernatural and Late Night (I think it was called that) as I used all those (worlds, items, etc.....) a lot. I had hopes for Island Paradise; but just kept having trouble getting it to be stable and play it, so I wasn't able to really have my sims live there. I was so disappointed about that as well as I remember being so excited and pre-ordering it (I think there was some special or bonus if it was pre-ordered or if so many people pre-ordered it).

As of right now in Sims 4, I say Get to Work many for the sole fact that I been dreaming for my sims to actually work in the hospital instead of always going to a rabbit hole. City Life is nice too (love the shopping, festivals, karaoke, etc....some of my sims lived in apartments for awhile before needing more room for families and leaving. The fireworks is great! I missed that a lot. Now I wished we had a beach town so I can step up a wedding/chapel on a pier like I did in Sims 3). Seasons pack for Sims 4 would be good as a snowy/winter wedding will also be amazing!

LOL the funniest glitched happened back when I played Sims 3 (Sort was my fault as I was trying to condense some files so I had more space/room on my laptop; but somehow screwed up) where the whole town ended up in polygamous relationships. Some sims were dating or married before going to University to get a degree and broke up with their old partners and got with other sims while in University. When they came back, they were still with their current partners, but the game didn't recognize the break up or divorce of their old partners so they ended being with both at the same time.
  • SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    One of my favorite Sims ever was one I made in Sims 3, based off of one of my favorite Star Trek characters. His name was originally Richard Blackburn, and I put him in the Doctor career. After that, I went around and spent a few minutes looking at the other Sims in town, and when I came back, he'd been instantly promoted several levels. I didn't want to deal with all the catching up at the time, so I just put another copy of him down and renamed it to Gavin Bacon, and also put him in the Doctor career. Gavin and Richard in fact became best friends (possibly though cheats? Idk he was pretty busy so he didn't have much time for actual socializing xD)

picture.php?albumid=4528&pictureid=23409

I moved Gavin into his own house, and things were pretty rocky at the start (so much so that the name of that save is This Unlucky Fellow), everything kept breaking and he came really close to being fired from his job once (I think he was fired, but checking his memories says otherwise lol). Anyway, he was abducted one night and had an alien kid (that I named Vivek), at which point things really started progressing much more smoothly. When Vivek was a toddler, I doted upon him and spent as much time doing toddler skills and everything. When he was a child, I took them to Egypt, and later the future where I got a Plumbot, though the Plumbot has since moved out and is currently living somewhere else in town.

picture.php?albumid=4528&pictureid=23411

When Vivek was a teen, two important things happened. One was that Gavin got abducted again and has another alien kid, named T'Lana. The other is that I had Vivek prank the school twice, and he got caught the second time, and ever since has been permanently afflicted with a sneaking around glitch.

picture.php?albumid=4528&pictureid=26085

Another thing that happened was once when I was playing Medieval, a Sim caught the corner of my eye because he appeared to be sneaking for no reason (not sure if he was just pulling out a chair or what), and when I looked closely, I thought that perhaps he (named Kevan the Villager) and Gavin could be related distantly. I asked a friend who also thought it could be possible, though I've since lost the save with Kevan in it.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Another thing was when I was playing Dr. McCoy from Star Trek. He also lived in a house by himself, and broke the tub one night. I made him fix it a day or so later, and he sobbed about it when he was done. While I was getting my waffles one morning after queuing up several interactions for him to do (the last of which was to make waffles himself), I came back to find the kitchen in flames, and then he broke the kitchen sink. Followed by breaking the bathtub again with more sobbing about having to fix it himself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anyway, good luck everyone!!! :)
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • tommynocker001tommynocker001 Posts: 187 Member
    17 years? Really? It's time the sims got all teeny and started squeezing those spots!
  • SchnoodlezSchnoodlez Posts: 2 New Member
    Hmm, where to start...

I was first introduced to The Sims (1) by my brother when I was 4 years old. I didn't understand what the little blue bars were for when creating a sim, (Neat, Nice, Outgoing, etc) but I went with it. :wink: He showed me how to play and build homes. Mind you, I didn't fully grasp that rooms needed floors and/or walls, so most of the time I placed my furniture on the lawn. But hey, I was 4. My favorite floor was the black and white tile, and my favorite couch was the lime green one that costed way too many simoleons. I loved ordering pizza via wall-phone, and also how no matter who they spoke to on the phone they would always start each conversation with "comun snana" and end it with "sul sul". I didn't know at the time that this game would be become a big part of my life. I played Sims 1 and Sims 1 Deluxe Edition for most of my young childhood, or at least until The Sims Complete Collection was being sold in my small town. My favorite expansions in that game were Makin' Magic and Vacation, mainly for the funky music. :smiley:

When Sims 2 came around I was probably about 8 or 9. This is where I learned what "making-out" was. Unfortunately, that's the only real memory I have of playing Sims 2, lol.

One summer day in 2010 I was bummin' around the house when my father surprised me with The Sims 3! He knew how much I loved this game and so he rebuilt my computer in order for it to run properly, which in itself was exciting! (Fortunately, he fixes computers for a living). I stayed up every single night until 3 or 4 AM that summer playing. I was thoroughly elated and very impressed with how big of an improvement it was compared to Sims 2. I spent so much time exploring all of the different aspects of the game. My favorite thing was creating characters, and I got pretty good. At one point I created my whole family, including my fathers friends. He laughed so hard at how accurate it was, he printed off a picture of all the sims posing together and showed it off to everyone. They laughed for weeks, and I was proud. It really did look like them. Thanks Maxis!
    Every sleepover I had with my friends, we stayed up playing Sims. I had to show everybody how great this game was. If somebody said they didn't understand it or thought it was dumb, I was tempted to show them what they were missing out on. Creating beautiful homes, creating (or recreating) anybody you could imagine appearance-wise and their actual life too! How can that not be fun? Lol.

I suppose to be fair there is a nostalgic side of sims for me, since I was introduced very early on in life. But, nonetheless, still great!

I'm now 19 years old. I haven't ever stopped playing sims completely, and it is 100% without a doubt, my favorite game. It helps bring out my creative side by building my dream homes, or creating different people. I still go back to Sims 1, just for the heck of it, and to reminisce on where The Sims first started. I love all the quirkyness regarding llamas, and how every object in build mode has a funny name. I can only imagine the creators of this game to be really cool people. :smile:

Thanks for reading my story, and thank you @simgirl1010 for the awesome giveaway! Keep on Simming!

- Laura
  • snurflessnurfles Posts: 3,640 Member

I'm really astonished it's been 17 years! I've been playing since the beginning. It's taken me time to warm up to Sims 4 but with vampires and the addition of toddlers, I'm really enjoying it. I have a generational family I've played on and off since Sims 4 came out. The founders are based on my husband and me. One of the daughters from that first generation is my favorite character in the game so far. She's smart, an amazing cook, is great with kids, and gets along with everyone in her family. She's not the first-born but everyone seems to look to her for the major family decisions because she has such a good head on her shoulders. She also happens to be just beautiful.

I used to play "house" when I was a kid - stacking up boxes and blocks and whatever I could find to make a house with and then filling it with different types of dolls and telling endless stories to myself. The Sims franchise has made it possible for me to do that as an adult without feeling too embarrassed. :) And I've met some amazing friends all around the world through this game.

I want to thank the Developers and Gurus and of course Will Wright, for creating this amazing game.

Without further ado, meet Brooklyn Weeble:

06-23-16_8-39-24nbspPM_zpsi654v67t.png
  • Cherrybug90Cherrybug90 Posts: 75 Member
    That's super sweet of you <3

My favorite pack was probably University. I loved sending them off to college, the grades and such. I'd post pictures, but I can't just yet.
  • Cherrybug90Cherrybug90 Posts: 75 Member
    That's super sweet of you <3

My favorite pack was probably University. I loved sending them off to college, the grades and such. I'd post pictures, but I can't just yet.

AND Pets! <3<3
  • Emo-usagi2187Emo-usagi2187 Posts: 600 Member
    Wow, 17 years my first time playing the sims was way back in the sims2 discover on cyber cafe computer.I was getting bored of the internet so looked see what game they had? so i saw the sims2 and trying figure out 🐸🐸🐸🐸 wonder what heck was sims? So it started to load up everything my first town ever played in was strange town. I would use my spending money or go there after school i would go there. Then my parents bought me my first game. Back when Zeller still exist in Canada. so since then I've playing then later in years and finding out the sims3 came out at first didn't worked on my windows exp. I was very sad kid but at lease i was playing sims2 at lease so later on my computer got fixed. or upgrade i thought give my sims 3 pack a try started to load then on till up to now been playing it i tired the sims4 am picky i didn't like felt step back into sims2 But seeing this pack so but am willing give another chance of vampires though. But am very picky person trying something new.
    [img][/img]48163509141_6d283a2fcb.jpg06-30-19_1-14-16 AM by Jeannita Szalai, on Flickr
  • stacylynn79stacylynn79 Posts: 269 Member
    My favorite Sim experience is in The Sims 3, I had my teen sim hit on and try to kiss a potential love interest, and he got rejected. His little brother was standing right next to them and started snickering and laughing at his big bro.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited February 2017
    First off, cool initiative simgirl! As always, thank you for that :) I think this is the first time I'll enter haha.

Anyway so, for me, the best part of the sims, honestly, is that it's more than just a game. It's a community, and I am amazed every day with how insanely creative, inventive, and fun people in it are. I just love coming online each day to look at your creations, ideas, feedback. It's just amazing. Obviously I love playing with my sim families and I could tell huge stories about them that would probably bore most people out of their mind, but I love sharing parts of these stories here and getting inspired by what everyone else comes up with. I think that whenever I run out of ideas on what to do in the game, or whenever I just don't really know what story to play, I go online to look at the challenges, stories, picture threads, etc. and I'm right back into it. So for me this community is what made my experience with the sims at least 10 x more enjoyable, if not more. Sure, we have little arguments and disagreements, and yes, sometimes it gets a little unpleasant, but overall there's so much support and passion for the game here, that it's a joy to come back even on days where I'm not really in the mood to actually play the game. So, I guess, thanks guys for making simming such a cool experience that extends far beyond the game itself :)

ETA: yes, I know all this sounds very cheesy lol but it's true - I've moved to an area where I don't know so many people and they speak a language I understand but am not too used to conversing in for a long time, and the ones I do know don't play the sims, so I really really like having at least some form of community / people I can share my love for this game with :)
    Post edited by SimTrippy on
  • StacyBaby019StacyBaby019 Posts: 381 Member
    This is very generous of you ! Id love to enter. I loved all of the Sims from 1 to 4 and I own everyone of them. My favorite Expansion packs are of course Open for Business TS2 and Island paradise TS3, if there weren't so many routing issues in Island Paradise it would be my top.

4028242048703015s.jpg
  • simgamesimgame Posts: 538 Member
    edited February 2017
    This is my favorite house I ever made, I made it for my current family :blush:

4k6tGuqk.jpg

And this is my current family, who I love btw! :) I started out with Candice Valentina who eventually married J Huntington (she married Diego Lobo first, the daughter is their child) She's an online superstar and he's a famous athlete. They have 2 sons together :smiley: , the oldest son is adopted. The're looking for adopting a toddler from Africa. But having 5 kids is a hard job, so they would like a butler. :smile: I don't have vintage glamour stuff pack cause I can't buy it online so that's why I would love to have it! :smiley:

C3xG5KUWMAENnId.jpg

My favorite sim at this moment is their youngest son August, he's so cute :smiley:

C3xG5KSWAAU-RTq.jpg
    C3xG5KRW8AIqFjX.jpg

My favorite wedding, ofcourse is the one from J Huntington and my sim Candice Valentina :wink:
    C3wwcY8WYAABvrr.jpg

Here is her daughter with Diego Lobo
    C3xG5KaWIAEU03l.jpg

And my favorite expansion pack of all times must be late night, and from ts4 city living. So I guess you can say I like the city life :smiley:

Thanks for doing this, it is really generous! :blush:

You can download everything at my origin simooon2002 -if you want me to link the cc let me know

Btw the hair that my sim wears on her wedding picture is a basegamecompatible mesh edit of the hair
  • CorininiCorinini Posts: 134 Member
    Awesome Celebration!

I first got into the Sims 2, mostly as a builder and would spend hours just designing houses. I really fell in love with the Sims 3 open worlds and CAW, but I also finally started playing with the Sims themselves. I loved creating sims for all my worlds, often playing out their backstories in the game while testing. My favorite Sims were "The Brady Bunch" which consisted of Tom Brady, Gisele Bundchen, and Bridget Moynahan playing out their sordid love triangle in my Boston World - which never quite came to fruition. But I continued putting them in all my future builds because I just loved those sims.

Here's Tom breaking up with a Pregnant Bridget Moynahan
    screenshot_original.jpg

Here's Tom proposing to Gisele (look who's still there)
    screenshot_original.jpg

Their Big Day!
    screenshot_original.jpg

Due to the lack of an open world I haven't gotten into the Sims 4 yet, but with the addition and the anniversary sale I decided to finally give it a shot! I'm really looking forward to trying out all the new content and different packs!