May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gallery spams and rude comments

Hello all!
I was wondering if there is a way to delete from your own uploaded creations rude comments or spams. Either blocking the person or simply deleting them one by one.
Since one of my household was favorited by Maxis, I have had a couple of very rude comments and a specific player pesting the comments' section writing one word messages after another.
Thanks for your help!

And also, please, don't be rude to creators in the gallery, it's really not nice. If you don't like someone's creation, just don't download it. Is as easy as that.
Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
All my creations are CC free.

Comments

• Options
    WyrrenWyrren Posts: 724 Member
    When you hover over the comment, a little arrow appears and says delete or report. I don't think you can block people, unfortunately. If anyone knows how. let me know too!
    Origin ID: Wyrren
  • Options
    Callum2000Callum2000 Posts: 802 Member
    edited February 2017
    Yeah no, you can't block people which is a shame. But like the above comment said, you can do it by the arrow and when you also hover over the comment there's an x button on the top right of it that will delete it :)
    Post edited by Callum2000 on
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    That is like music to my ears!
    Thanks @Wyrren and @Callum2000 :)
    I wish we could block people though...
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member

Have you tried blocking the user in Origin? The Gallery uses Origin privacy settings, so it's worth a try.
  • Options
    EmmaVane wrote: »

Have you tried blocking the user in Origin? The Gallery uses Origin privacy settings, so it's worth a try.

Great tip! I deleted all this person's messages and I don't remember the user name properly. But will definitely try that next time.
  • Options
    TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    Why are people getting salty over Maxis curations? Lol... is this what we're coming down to now?
    // take me back to 2018.
  • Options
    foussifoussi Posts: 642 Member
    edited February 2017
    Trowicia wrote: »
    Why are people getting salty over Maxis curations? Lol... is this what we're coming down to now?

They are jealous because maxis didnt fav them. I mean the people who post the rude comments.
  • Options
    ShampuruShampuru Posts: 90 Member
    foussi wrote: »
    Trowicia wrote: »

They are jealous because maxis didnt fav them. I mean the people who post the rude comments.

That and they just want some attention.
  • Options
    MaryJosMaryJos Posts: 4,935 Member
    Rude people with no lives... Just ignore and laugh at them !
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    I had that happen once with one of my creations. In much the same way you described too, posting one brief comment after another. They got to a total of four before they stopped.

I think it's like a rule of the internet that as exposure goes up, the probability of mean comments goes up exponentially.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    2HubbiesNLove2HubbiesNLove Posts: 658 Member
    I posted a family that Maxis favorited... you may have seen it, "The Creeps". It was before Vampires were released and it's under my Origin username Vampiricdreams31. You just got to overlook the immature rude comments. Most of the time they just make me laugh. They also tend to re-release the very content that made a rude comment on trying to pass it off as their own. I don't delete the comments just for the fact that it gives me motivation to keep creating projects I really enjoy and can relate with, plus if I can't find something to amuse me I hop on once in awhile and read all the bashing my upload received. Oh, and congrats on the upload. Sorry you're dealing with the trolls though.
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Do people who do that sort of thing not realise that by putting such comments there for all to see, with their EA ID right next to it they're saying to the whole gallery "I am a massive plum." ?
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    edited February 2017
    I can't think of anything more boring than looking through the gallery and spam people and their creations.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    DonnaSpartacusDonnaSpartacus Posts: 35 Member
    Congrats on the Maxis Fave and sorry for the hate you're getting =/
    But I've always wondered and it kinda fits in here...:
    How do I recommend something for a Maxis Fave? There are a lot of great gallery entries, that I'd like to.
    I just wish for the perfect Mycroftsim *sigh*
    mycroft_640.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Congrats on the Maxis Fave and sorry for the hate you're getting =/
    But I've always wondered and it kinda fits in here...:
    How do I recommend something for a Maxis Fave? There are a lot of great gallery entries, that I'd like to.

Thanks!
    There is a thread somewhere to recommend other summer's creation (where a very kind player recommended me). I'm trying to find it so I can post the link here.
    Will edit this when found.

Found it! http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/845345/best-households-ever-recommendations-for-maxis-tab/p1
  • Options
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    I can't think of anything more boring than looking through the gallery and spam people and their creations.

I know right?
    - What's your plan for the evening?
    - You know, the usual. Watch some TV, order take away and pest the comment section on every creation Maxis favorited today that I don't agree with.
  • Options
    belpitabelpita Posts: 1,445 Member
    I would definitely report them before deleting. But I see you've already deleted the comments now. If they do return, remember to report them first.
  • Options
    belpita wrote: »
    I would definitely report them before deleting. But I see you've already deleted the comments now. If they do return, remember to report them first.

I reported every comment I deleted.
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    Wow I had no idea there was a problem for creators like this..and slightly off topic would just like to add:

I would like to thank each and every one of you for all your creations over the years which have given me so much pleasure and made my games look unique and wonderful, and continue to do so :)

• Options
    melissa_be588melissa_be588 Posts: 52 Member
    Aww I am sorry to hear that people were so rude on your creation. I don't get that people can't just mind their own business. This game is about encouraging creativity, and obviously people will all have different ideas on what they like and don't like. We're not clones of one another, so we won't all think alike. Anyways, congratulations on having an item favourited by EA, that is an achievement in itself and something to be proud of! So hold your head up high because I am sure there are thousands of people who liked what you did. xx
    Head on over to mellycreatessims.wordpress.com and hit follow for the chance to win BOTH Vintage Glamour & Vampires! Winner will be drawn March 31st.
  • Options
    Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    I would like to thank each and every one of you for all your creations over the years which have given me so much pleasure and made my games look unique and wonderful, and continue to do so :)

Second this. These simmer's creations are exquisite and a joy to add to my game :)

@AlbaWaterhouse congrats on being favorited by Maxis by the way :) Sorry for the negativity you're facing. Haters gonna hate, I guess
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
  • Options
    DanaKScullyFBlDanaKScullyFBl Posts: 355 Member
    Congrats on the Maxis Fav. *hugs* so sorry about the jerks that were rude to you you don't need that and they are not worth your time of day sweetie. The Sims Community is like a big family and yes there are a few "bad seeds" in it but they are not worth the stress. *hugs*
  • Options
    Thanks for all your kind comments! :):):)
  • Options
    BeaEllaBeaElla Posts: 366 Member
    Congrats on the fave! Such a shame that trolls try to ruin the fun for you. I never understood the point of trolling... As far as I know, it only benefits your careers in the sims ;)
    My chaotic simblr
  • Options
    TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    edited March 2018
    99 percent of the comments are so positive and happy when I get a maxis fave.

Most players are thankful for the people who contribute to the gallery. But theres sometimes 1 in the bunch who is a bad apple. Its so silly and immature. I just delete the one bad apples comments. Because it happened once and then my follower defend me, I dont want them feeling the need to do that or stress themselves I just remove that person comment for seeking attention. Thankful for the delete button. No room for negativity.