The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Need Help With MC Command Center? Ask *HERE*! **INACTIVE THREAD**

Comments

• BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,694 Member
    Hi, I posted this over at MTS, but unsure which place will give me the quicker response. I'm still on the fence about purchasing the new GP.

I have a quick question. I just noticed that the version of MC Commander I have installed is 3.0.2, which is what the latest was at the time of the Toddler Patch. I'm seriously considering purchasing the new Vampire GP, and was heartened to see this mod has been updated to accommodate it. Now, do I have to update sequentially, or can I simply update to 3.1.1? Please, and thank you, in advance.

Simply download and install 3.1.1 as usual. Nothing special required.

By the way updating is highly recommended and it doesn't matter at all whether you use the Vampire GP or not. You can already do it now.

If you have any questions, please ask.

☆☆☆ Have Fun! ☆☆☆
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,465 Member
    Bonxie wrote: »
    Hi, I posted this over at MTS, but unsure which place will give me the quicker response. I'm still on the fence about purchasing the new GP.

I have a quick question. I just noticed that the version of MC Commander I have installed is 3.0.2, which is what the latest was at the time of the Toddler Patch. I'm seriously considering purchasing the new Vampire GP, and was heartened to see this mod has been updated to accommodate it. Now, do I have to update sequentially, or can I simply update to 3.1.1? Please, and thank you, in advance.

Simply download and install 3.1.1 as usual. Nothing special required.

By the way updating is highly recommended and it doesn't matter at all whether you use the Vampire GP or not. You can already do it now.

If you have any questions, please ask.

☆☆☆ Have Fun! ☆☆☆

Hey, thanks, and I will. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • BloudwedBloudwed Posts: 463 Member
    @Bloudwed

Wow. I'm glad I'm not there... and all of them should be, too. Just, wow.

Week Off is HERE, folks! I'm around. ;)

Edit to add:

About the Troubleshooter, if they want to translate it into Swedish (or whatever), send them here, to the .doc file.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/wbjy9l7uga64d8t/MCCC_3.0.2_Troubleshooter_doc.zip

Thanks for the zip-doc. I was looking at the pdf-file and thinking "Well I cooooould translate it straight of, but that would mean I needed to get the pictures in there somehow... Trust me to be overly complicated with things that really are easy! :-D Translation coming up when I am bored enough with school and Marx
    AMB.jpg
  • itsugitsug Posts: 1,613 Member
    @Bloudwedd I hope you aint talking about the swedish ts-forums, cause they were dead last time I checked (a few months ago? xD)
    Let me know if you need any help tech wise or even to get somone with mac experience.

Always willing to help. :)
    Admin and on Support team of MC CmD @ Discord - https://discord.gg/Jcc8uRW
    MC CmD is available at https://deaderpool-mccc.com/
    itsug wrote: »
    @Bloudwedd I hope you aint talking about the swedish ts-forums, cause they were dead last time I checked (a few months ago? xD)
    Let me know if you need any help tech wise or even to get somone with mac experience.

Nope, its not. Havent been there in a while truth be told. Too bad it never gained any height those forums. An experienced mac user is always useful no matter language! So thank you.
    AMB.jpg
  • egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    Bloudwed wrote: »
    @Bloudwed

Wow. I'm glad I'm not there... and all of them should be, too. Just, wow.

Week Off is HERE, folks! I'm around. ;)

Edit to add:

About the Troubleshooter, if they want to translate it into Swedish (or whatever), send them here, to the .doc file.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/wbjy9l7uga64d8t/MCCC_3.0.2_Troubleshooter_doc.zip

Thanks for the zip-doc. I was looking at the pdf-file and thinking "Well I cooooould translate it straight of, but that would mean I needed to get the pictures in there somehow... Trust me to be overly complicated with things that really are easy! :-D Translation coming up when I am bored enough with school and Marx

Nice! You may have seen what I said at MTS, it was someone else who tipped me that PDFs aren't easily translatable, and DOC files are. I had no idea. I love to write, but obviously, I'm far from a pro at it.

If people don't mind "function over form" though... I can do this. ;)
  • itsugitsug Posts: 1,613 Member
    Bloudwed wrote: »
    itsug wrote: »

Nope, its not. Havent been there in a while truth be told. Too bad it never gained any height those forums. An experienced mac user is always useful no matter language! So thank you.

Truth be told, the swedish gurus never did anything to keep those forums alive.
    (They havent updated to the forum layout to sync with US forums for an instance and that has been there for ages.)
    Good thing we swedes got the US forums to run to. :)
    Admin and on Support team of MC CmD @ Discord - https://discord.gg/Jcc8uRW
    MC CmD is available at https://deaderpool-mccc.com/
  • FriedCawfeeFriedCawfee Posts: 195 Member
    Can someone explain how the child support works? I have activated it in the mod.
    Playing the Sims since 2001.
    Can someone explain how the child support works? I have activated it in the mod.

Here's what's listed for it in the MCCC settings section of MC's Description Page:

Pay_Child_Support_Type Determines if an additional expense will be added to active Household's weekly bill amount for each child they have that does not live on the active lot with them. This includes Teen or less in age. The amount is based on the value of the lot the Sim lives on, just like regular bills. Also, like regular bills, if your Sim has the Frugal trait, they will get a reduction in their child-support amount owed. Valid values are "A"=All, "M"=Married Only, "U"=Unmarried Only or "N"=None. "Married Only" will only cause child support earnings or payments to happen if the parent Sims of the child are married. "Unmarried Only" will only cause child support earnings or payments to happen if the parent Sims of the child are unmarried. "N"

He's talked about it some in MC Comments. I suggest you go to MC's page and do a Search in Comments for Child Support. Pick replies from Deaderpool out of what it shows you. You'll see more helpful info. I've just been awake too long and am done here, for now. But hopefully this'll get you started. :)

• FriedCawfeeFriedCawfee Posts: 195 Member
    Playing the Sims since 2001.
  • JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    Another question! So I've installed the mod and I'm pretty sure it's working since I've seen notifications about sims moving but I have yet to have any notifications regarding extended family getting married, having kids etc. So I'm just wondering how long that will take to start? Is there a certain type of setting I need for the mod in order to have extended family get jobs and marry and have kids?
  • CyclelegsCyclelegs Posts: 375 Member
    I can't see that it has anything to do with MC but I find it very odd to meet Vampires doing NPC jobs at various community lots outside their world, especially during the day. I run with my game time at 50 rather than the default of 25.

Caleb Vatore YM homed from Game Pack - Stall Vendor (Not happy working the day shift)
    Yamamoto Vamp - homeless NPC spawned - Massage Therapist (seems happy to have the day shift)
    Count Vladislaus - homed big cheese vampire from Game Pack but only a day worker Reflexologist.

I checked Vlad's facebook page for friends (show/search Sim Info Mod). He has met quite a few people and nobody likes him - lol.

Anyway, anybody else finding vampires doing NPC type day jobs round the world?

• ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    edited January 2017
    Cyclelegs wrote: »
    I can't see that it has anything to do with MC but I find it very odd to meet Vampires doing NPC jobs at various community lots outside their world, especially during the day. I run with my game time at 50 rather than the default of 25.

Caleb Vatore YM homed from Game Pack - Stall Vendor (Not happy working the day shift)
    Yamamoto Vamp - homeless NPC spawned - Massage Therapist (seems happy to have the day shift)
    Count Vladislaus - homed big cheese vampire from Game Pack but only a day worker Reflexologist.

I checked Vlad's facebook page for friends (show/search Sim Info Mod). He has met quite a few people and nobody likes him - lol.

Yup, I have had Lillith burn up twice. Once when I travelled to the pub, she was outside about to start her shift. By the time I got there - crispy Lillith.

Reloaded the save and travelled to the gym. Protest going on outside the gym and Lillith was there, placard and all. Yup, you guessed it - crispy Lillith version 2.

Dumb design decision or simply lack of attention to detail.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison

Yup, I have had Lillith burn up twice. Once when I travelled to the pub, she was outside about to start her shift. By the time I got there - crispy Lillith.

Reloaded the save and travelled to the gym. Protest going on outside the gym and Lillith was there, placard and all. Yup, you guessed it - crispy Lillith version 2.

Asked about (read the spoilered quote) & answered by Deaderpool, after a fashion, here, from MTS:

Post 19029

Asked about (read the spoilered quote) & answered by Deaderpool, after a fashion, here, from MTS:

Post 19029

Yeah, seems as if the ball is in EA's court to fix that. Yeah right :unamused: Woooah, you see that? A flock of pigs just flew by.

Awake.
    The day's divinity....
    Deaderpool mentioned it's almost the 2-year anniversary of MC... Here's his post and my response...

Post 19071

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Deaderpool
    Hey, EG! Remember when my mod first came-out and it was all settings and console commands and no UI! Wow, those were the days! Coming-up on two-year anniversary and was just thinking about how far the mod has come! Then all the menus were radial-menus! Click-click-click-click to do anything! I don't miss that, to be honest!

You're not kidding! Just the other day, I told somebody asking about Dresser that MC's UI has really tamed that particular beast.

You, sir, have made this Sims4 experience a GREAT ride!!! Thank you so much for everything you've done for this mod, for the game, and for us devoted fans. I know some of what's in MC has come from player-suggestions you hadn't gotten around to thinking of yet. I've always thought that was pretty cool.

I can't wait to see what else you have up your sleeves.

Blast from the past time, I just went back to page TWO and snagged one of the Very Early cfg files. Thought you newer folks might like to see how MUCH has been added over the past two years. Config file now is almost 700 lines long. What we had at the start will fit below.

{
    "Logging_Enabled": true,
    "Pause_on_Zone": false ,
    "Show_Notifications": false,
    "Dresser_RunOnAgeUp": "",
    "Dresser_RunMakeupCheck": false,
    "Pregnancy_AgeToRun": "YA,A",
    "Pregnancy_AutoMarry": true,
    "Pregnancy_RenameSameGender": false ,
    "Pregnancy_OffspringGender": "M,F",
    "Pregnancy_MaxOffspring": 3,
    "Pregnancy_InsiminateGenders": "M" ,
    "Pregnancy_EnforceFamily": true ,
    "Pregnancy_MoveFamilies": true ,
    "Pregnancy_AllowAffairs": false ,
    "Pregnancy_OnePerHousehold": false,
    "Pregnancy_AvgParentPhysique": true,
    "Cleaner_CleanGhosts": true,
    "Cleaner_RemoveItems": false,
    "Cleaner_RemoveItemsType": "",
    "Cleaner_RemoveItemsGender": "M,F",
    "Cleaner_RemoveItemsAge": "T,YA,A",
    "Cleaner_MonitorPhysique": false,
    "Cleaner_MaleFitLimits": "-100,100",
    "Cleaner_MaleLeanLimits": "-100,100",
    "Cleaner_FemaleFitLimits": "-100,100",
    "Cleaner_FemaleLeanLimits": "-100,100",
    "Cleaner_MatchGlasses": false,
    "Population_UseCustom": true,
    "Population_OpenHouses": 2,
    "Population_MaximumHomeless": -1,
    "Population_RunDresser": false,
    "Population_CleanPhysique": false,
    "Population_PercentMale": 50,
    "Population_PercentElder": 16,
    "Population_PercentAdult": 33,
    "Population_PercentChild": 33,
    "Population_PercentBaby": 33,
    "Population_MoveOutElders": false,
    "Population_CouplePregnancy": false
    }

Regarding the massive spawning of vampires as townies, maybe having vampires in daylight jobs is a new form of visualized sim culling.... :D
    Anyone here using the MC CAS settings for physiology? Why? How? See, I can totally understand the settings that creates rules of inheritence between parent and child come skintone and physique etc. But the rest... ? So enlight me! Show me how its done!!!
    AMB.jpg
    My result, from the "What Kind of Vampire Are You?" quiz: You got: Noble Vampire. You may be accustomed to the finer things in life, but coming from an old-world, you are a bit out of touch with society (with hoarding tendencies). Watching a little modern-day TV might be good for you. :p
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    My result, from the "What Kind of Vampire Are You?" quiz: You got: Noble Vampire. You may be accustomed to the finer things in life, but coming from an old-world, you are a bit out of touch with society (with hoarding tendencies). Watching a little modern-day TV might be good for you. :p

thats what i am too. i wonder how it knew i like watching tv.
    edited February 2017
    KatyJay88 wrote: »
    Another question! So I've installed the mod and I'm pretty sure it's working since I've seen notifications about sims moving but I have yet to have any notifications regarding extended family getting married, having kids etc. So I'm just wondering how long that will take to start? Is there a certain type of setting I need for the mod in order to have extended family get jobs and marry and have kids?

Sorry for the late answer.

Have a look at the section 'Weekly Scheduled Alarms for the different modules' on the MC home page. You can find it on the first page with all the module description, right below the 'Tuner' spoiler button. There are different possible points in time for marriage and pregnancy depending on your settings.

• lejoninnalejoninna Posts: 4,287 Member
    is there a way to stop random townies from spawning with this mod? or atleast influence how random townies can look?
    lejoninna wrote: »
    is there a way to stop random townies from spawning with this mod? or atleast influence how random townies can look?

Yes, both.

The mod will still allow the game to spawn townies if they are required by the game such as prisoners, bar people etc, but you can cap the number of other random townies that are spawned.

The dresser module allows you white list and blacklist articles of clothing. If you want to stop NPC sims from wearing CC items then Sims Studio is what you need. It is just a simple cheat command with that
    Awake.
    The day's divinity....
    So who's patched and tried it with MC 3.1.1? I loaded up my game, no errors, but I haven't DONE anything yet.

Also, if anybody tries it with the Patreon version (3.2.0.x), I'm interested in those results. ;)
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,465 Member
    I patched up to 3.1.1, but I didn't do too much with it, either. I was able to cheat skills for my new Sims families. I don't like creating a family with parents and teens and have none of them have any ability at all. I didn't change anything for the toddler in the family, however.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top