Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So how's everyone liking the Vampires Pack?

12346...Next

Comments

• tommynocker001tommynocker001 Posts: 187 Member
    The big walk-in wardrobe has an 'edit sim' feature...
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @BabySquare

Thanks, he does a bit however I cannot take credit for the little darling I got him from the gallery courtesy of @Dennis16041 so all credit to the creator :)

@SimTrippy

Agree with all your observations I am pleased you are having fun I think most of us are as a lot of fun things have been added to one life state which gives us lots more to play around with and tell our stories :)
    Hello! I haven't bought the game pack yet and I'm wondering how the vampire powers & weaknesses work. Is it possible to get all 25 vampire powers while picking weaknesses that don't conflict with each other?

I am not certain how it works but so far I have chosen as wisely as I can because I am not sure if the powers/weaknesses can be removed once chosen and I am particularly pleased I did not choose the hissing weakness now after reading what @sissybp wrote about it above so hopefully a player with this sort of experience may drop by and enlighten us further lol I do know that when choosing powers a notification does pop up explaining if it conflicts with another power if this helps :)

• MsLaJadeMsLaJade Posts: 4 New Member
    I will admit that when I first heard Vampires were coming to Sims 4, I was #notafan. But after seeing the trailers and livestream, I decided to get the pack and now I am #teamvampires! I am loving this pack with all the expanded gameplay opportunities that was needed and I am having wayyy to much fun playing it. My Vampire Zara is now a prime Vampire and has 3 hot Sims on speed dial: one for breakfast, one for dinner and one for Snack with Benefits. :smiley:

@sissybp - The drink only resets the perks aka powers but does not change the weaknesses. I believe you would have to either use a cheat to reset the weakness or change him to a mortal and back to a Vampire to see if that works. I used a cheat on mine. Also, the best way to change the dark form of your turned Sims is to use the "copy to dark form" feature and edit it that way. Otherwise the original dark form features will remain.
    ChelleB24 wrote: »
    Liking the expansion, but I think I got a weird bug/glitch. I made my vampire from scratch in CAS, but she still has Regular Sim needs (hunger, bladder, etc) when her Needs menu only shows the ones for vampires. so I'm a little lost. Do vampire sims still have the same needs as regular sims and just don't show up in the Needs menu or are they supposed to become inactive?

I just saw a bug that sounds the same or similar as you were describing on the following link, hoping it can be of some help even just for further clarification

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-V-Vampires-still-have-human-needs/m-p/5842823#U5842823
    Hello! I haven't bought the game pack yet and I'm wondering how the vampire powers & weaknesses work. Is it possible to get all 25 vampire powers while picking weaknesses that don't conflict with each other?

I just found the following info and thought you may find it useful as it relates to changing powers and weaknesses

Draught of Reconfiguration

This allows your Vampire to reset all of their powers and keep their points. Good if you want to re-spec your vampire. The Draught of Reconfiguration is very easy to craft, requiring only 2 wolfsbane, 2 garlic, and 2 plasma fruit.

more on the following link

http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/gamepacks/vampires/lore-skill.php
  • ChelleB24ChelleB24 Posts: 99 Member
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    ChelleB24 wrote: »
    Liking the expansion, but I think I got a weird bug/glitch. I made my vampire from scratch in CAS, but she still has Regular Sim needs (hunger, bladder, etc) when her Needs menu only shows the ones for vampires. so I'm a little lost. Do vampire sims still have the same needs as regular sims and just don't show up in the Needs menu or are they supposed to become inactive?

I just saw a bug that sounds the same or similar as you were describing on the following link, hoping it can be of some help even just for further clarification

thanks for the link. Doesn't look like there is a way to solve th bug right now.
  • bishop49erbishop49er Posts: 79 Member
    Vampires is very nice. I love it.
  • TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    edited February 2017
    I am loving the pack. But my game is starting to get glitchy with all kinds of bugs. My vampire Sim has a constant moodlet that he is tired & has low energy even though the energy bar is full. It's making my game harder to play right now, but overall I think it's a great GP

Thank you for that. I thought my Sim was the only one. She's constantly passing out, even when her energy bar is full.
    And every time my vampire feasts on someone, everyone else gets a negative impression. She'll run into people she barely knows and they'll be halfway into the red. They hate her for drinking in public.
    So I just get a group together and have her lure someone away. If you're far enough from other Sims they don't notice.
    Otherwise, I'm absolutely loving this Pack. If City Living turned my Sims game into a sitcom, Vampires has made it a goofy horror sitcom.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    sissybp wrote: »
    Got one of my sims to Grand Master Vampire, gave him the hissing weakness, now when he hisses he gets negative reactions from all of the sims around him. He even gets it with his wife which puts their relationship way down, then I have to build it up again. He learned the recipe for Draught of Reconfiguration, the one that is suppose to let you reset all of their powers. It doesn't work. I even made him drink 2 of them so he could get rid of the Uncontrollable Hissing. Still no luck! Is there some kind of trick to this that I don't know about? I really like this addition to the game, and I get all kinds of bad reactions from sims when he feeds in public. Love the Vampiric Might, Vampiric Fascination, Perfect Sun Resistance, Vampire Creation, Bat Form, and Occult Master. Really don't like the Uncontrollable Hissing weakness, and wish I had never given it to him since the drink they can make to reset their Powers doesn't work. Occult Master is a cool one, they use less Vampire energy. They are awake more so they can build up their other skills, just wish it was like Sims 3 at night they would learn at a much faster rate. One more thing I'm not crazy about is the fact that when a regular Sim changes into a Vampire you have No Way to pick how their facial features are going to look, your stuck with whatever they get in that department.

I had the same problem with drinking the reconfiguration-potion.

Get a new potion and when you are about to chose "drink" that should be up at 12 'clock, see if it is one more slightly lower to the right, at 1'clock. If you take the top-version it won't work but for me chosing the lower option to the right worked.

Good luck!
  • cind3r3llacind3r3lla Posts: 219 Member
    I love the vampire game pack.
    I had my sim to try for baby with Caleb Vatore, she had a human boy. And then I tried again and they got twins, two boys, and one of the twins was a vampire, so I'm happy now. One thing that I'm surprised about, is that she got twins even though no one of them had the fertility trait or the house trait, because it never happens in my game otherwise.
    And now they're married, I'm thinking if I should make her a vampire or Caleb a human.
    HBRh4vc.jpg
  • cind3r3llacind3r3lla Posts: 219 Member
    @sissybp You can change your dark form by clicking on "change sim" on the mirror instead of the "change appearance" :)
    HBRh4vc.jpg
  • AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Am I the only one who doesn't want to kill my vampire? I love her too much!

Nevermind, I killed her. XD
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    LOVE this pack!!!! Excellence all the way!!!!

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »

I just found the following info and thought you may find it useful as it relates to changing powers and weaknesses

Draught of Reconfiguration

This allows your Vampire to reset all of their powers and keep their points. Good if you want to re-spec your vampire. The Draught of Reconfiguration is very easy to craft, requiring only 2 wolfsbane, 2 garlic, and 2 plasma fruit.

more on the following link

http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/gamepacks/vampires/lore-skill.php

Thanks for the tip! Next time I play I might have to try this on Dracula. But for now I liked him the way I built him and which powers he has so far. But I was trying to figure out how do we reset their powers, so big thumbs up for sharing something I didn't know how to do! :)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • SimmeringBreeSimmeringBree Posts: 266 Member
    I just had my first Alien, vampire and Ghost hybrid I feel so proud it wasn't easy.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    Witches were my most favorite in Sims 3, loved all the witchy stuff, potions being my favorite. The vampires were fun but very limited in what they could and could not do. Thankfully they had the plasma fruit and plasma juice to fall back on.

With that being said, when I saw the vampire stalking-type walk when it was first announced about a vamp gp I thought, Oh lord, this is going to be as stupid as the Sims 2 vamps with their cloaks over their faces with that silly walk and was not going to get it...until I saw the trailer. <3 I knew this was going to be good, and it was and is. Most fun I've had with vampire sims. The kudos go to the great Sims team who finally, got to really develop these characters so well. You guys rock! <3
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    My favourite thing is the fact that vampires can enter your sim's home while they're sleeping at night and attack them. But, alas, lots of killjoys, er, I mean simmers, want it banning.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited March 2017
    calaprfy wrote: »
    My favourite thing is the fact that vampires can enter your sim's home while they're sleeping at night and attack them. But, alas, lots of killjoys, er, I mean simmers, want it banning.

Agree. But they triggered it but now complain. They knock first unless you are already dating one, if you let one in first, (it could be one you aren't aware is a vampire) they will come back later. It's going to be a big fight here if they tone this stuff down in any way. I can guarantee that. :p
  • vessmevessme Posts: 492 Member
    I'm very happy with the vampires! I've waited for the vamps to return and now we got em'. It was worth the wait.
    tumblr_nc81zxn8g31qa6q9uo1_500.gif
  • AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    THIS is the thing that FINALLY made me a Sims 4 fan. I still really miss the open world and the color wheel *sob* but now I'll actually play and enjoy the game. These vamps are way better than the TS3 vamps I have to admit.
  • SterkinsenARTSterkinsenART Posts: 124 Member

This is honestly the best, and I mean THE BEST, pack I've ever played in the Sims, maybe a little better than the TS3 version actually!
    I love this so much <3>:)<3>:)<3
    Sims-4-Dragon.jpeg?q=50&fit=crop&w=740&dpr=1.5
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    The vampire soundtrack is perfect! :love:
    Lu4ERme.gif