Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why is my game suddenly messed up?!

Super speed while everyone was asleep messed up. Kid was late for school and the father went off to work without being able to self-care or help with the toddlers.

Now the mother is not doing what I asked and is plum-ing around. Can't seem to get the toddlers cared for. It's 4pm Sim time and she's still in her pyjamas. :|
Hope like hell that if I move out of the busy city this lag improves. I already turned down the graphics settings some.
A bit mad right now.

Comments

• IggIgg Posts: 275 Member
    edited February 2017
    How did super speed mess up? A Sim will stay in bed until it is fully rested. There is nothing in the game that auto-stops super speed so that your sims get up on time.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,590 Member
    edited February 2017
    NRowe wrote: »
    Super speed while everyone was asleep messed up. Kid was late for school and the father went off to work without being able to self-care or help with the toddlers.

Now the mother is not doing what I asked and is plum-ing around. Can't seem to get the toddlers cared for. It's 4pm Sim time and she's still in her pyjamas. :|
    Hope like plum that if I move out of the busy city this lag improves. I already turned down the graphics settings some.
    A bit mad right now.

What is the mother doing exactly? Cancelling the tasks?
    The lag affects some of the apartments. Turning laptop mode on is the only way I figured out to fix the stutters but this is just the game being broken. I've already informed the QA people on here and hopefully they're investigating it.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
    @Igg They were fully rested. Super speed sometimes messes with the time, jumping around. Trust me, if you'd had this you'd know what I meant.

@DeKay. She must have been. Because instead of potty training she'd go to the fridge (she was hungry) and then put the kid back in the high chair! Ugh

And just when I started to get everyone sorted, the neighbour starts making noise and wakes the toddlers up. I'm not usually one for killing off Sims -but just about in the mood to make an exception. >:)
    NRowe wrote: »
    @Igg They were fully rested. Super speed sometimes messes with the time, jumping around. Trust me, if you'd had this you'd know what I meant.

@DeKay. She must have been. Because instead of potty training she'd go to the fridge (she was hungry) and then put the kid back in the high chair! Ugh

And just when I started to get everyone sorted, the neighbour starts making noise and wakes the toddlers up. I'm not usually one for killing off Sims -but just about in the mood to make an exception. >:)

Oh okay. Remove the high chair cuz it's very buggy and distracting to sims. Your toddlers can eat normal (adult) food on the floor or couch. You can maybe put a small living chair near the dining table so the toddler could eat there.
    832XG3D.gif
  • WyrrenWyrren Posts: 724 Member
    edited February 2017
    Super speed has always been a bit off for me, but the recent lag since.. hmm.. toddlers patch? Is killing me. What I really hate is sometimes when I hit pause to take a picture, the sims continue to wherever they were going! Ugh. Ruins perfectly good pictures. -.-
    Origin ID: Wyrren
    Wyrren wrote: »
    Super speed has always been a bit off for me, but the recent lag since.. hmm.. toddlers patch? Is killing me. What I really hate is sometimes when I hit pause to take a picture, the sims continue to wherever they were going! Ugh. Ruins perfectly good pictures. -.-

Yeah, true that.
    832XG3D.gif
  • IggIgg Posts: 275 Member
    edited February 2017
    Comment removed.
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    Super speed has always been messed up for me, for example it will be 12:30 am, then it will go back to 11:45, and then freeze, then when it unfreezes, it will be 6am.I thought it was due to my "sleep all night mod" but I removed it and it still does it.
  • fadingaudiofadingaudio Posts: 933 Member
    Yes it seems sometimes super speed gets stuck and will speed through a ton of time then you are hours behind where you should be. I've been playing vampires mostly so it isn't too bad for me, but it does suck and make using it useless.
  • NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
    I did find super speed improved some when I lowered the graphics settings. I guess a family of five surrounded by a vibrant city is just a little too much to handle. Shame, because I really don't want to lower the settings further. My machine is not that old really.

In good news, all my Sims needs are finally met and I'm back on track. Bad mood resolved for now. May have to move them out to the suburbs sooner than later...
  • Jaline33Jaline33 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Igg wrote: »
    How did super speed mess up? A Sim will stay in bed until it is fully rested. There is nothing in the game that auto-stops super speed so that your sims get up on time.

In my game (mod and cc free), texts and invitations for parties/clubs have increased - and the times when they arrive are all messed up. When the texts pop up during fast-speed sleep, the game slows to normal speed. If I then click high-speed myself it won't stop by itself - I have to stop it manually.
  • Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    One time super speed got stuck when my Sim was at work. Several days went by, and I couldn't do anything, not even go into the Options Menu. Finally, it stopped, and he came home at the regular time, where he promptly got promoted. I had a decision to make, exit without saving to get the days back, or keep the promotion. I kept the promotion since I was playing with Aging off. It was my Bachelor Challenge Save, but the ladies weren't in the household yet. I was just getting him ahead in his Secret Agent Career before starting the challenge. :p
  • oppzorrooppzorro Posts: 341 Member
    Probably Toddlers. They messed up my game too. Just another reason we should never have gotten them
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Moving out of the city might actually help. I've got plenty of bugs when playing inside SM that don't seem to happen to me when playing somewhere else. Like, in FH I never experience super speed bugs.
  • Keks_MilchKeks_Milch Posts: 513 Member

Oh god thats the worst for me. I hate it, when it started to happen I assumed my game broke.
    Really reminded me of TS3 times where I had similar issues.
  • DarkSlayer1331DarkSlayer1331 Posts: 429 Member
    I'm wondering if it's something that just happens in SM like @SimTrippy said. I've been playing just about every day for the past couple weeks, and I haven't had this problem at all. But I've been playing the same game with the same family and they live in Willow Creek.
  • fadingaudiofadingaudio Posts: 933 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Moving out of the city might actually help. I've got plenty of bugs when playing inside SM that don't seem to happen to me when playing somewhere else. Like, in FH I never experience super speed bugs.

I've had this happen even in other worlds. This isn't limited to CL. My computer has literally the second best graphics card on the market and an 8 core cpu. There is no lag for me when playing either. This is just a bug imo. It does seem to have some triggers, but trying to nail them down is something I haven't personally tried to do.
  • ayekantspeylgudayekantspeylgud Posts: 44 Member
    DeKay wrote: »

I had a little lag when I first installed the game (playing from the get-go on laptop mode graphics wise and it seems no matter what graphics settings I use otherwise, laptop mode flattens them to a basic level). I got the toddler's update and now I have to pause the game constantly to let it catch up with itself. Sometimes, as quoted, I pause the game and they go for another full second doing stuff - and THEN they do MORE if I leave it paused for awhile.

I've also experienced glitches in their emotions and their other actions such as having to pee. They will show the bladder bar filling back up well before they get to the toilet. My currently pregnant sim showed the speech bubble like she was about to pee herself but her bladder bar was full and in fact, I think it's glitchy in the sense that this pregnant sim doesn't have to pee and eat nearly as often as my other sim - not to mention that the new baby from my other sim is sad much more often.

I'll be glad when they repatch and fix the lag. I can deal with the occasional glitch but this lag is just awful. It almost tempts me to pull Sims 3 back up. It got worse when I went from a family of 4 to soon-to-be-7 (a new baby, a pregnant sim, and the baby daddy).
  • Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    The stuttering lag has been happening to me for the last two days. Since Jasmine has been in game. The cancelling actions and syanding around has been since the last patch.
  • belpitabelpita Posts: 1,445 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »

I've had this happen even in other worlds. This isn't limited to CL. My computer has literally the second best graphics card on the market and an 8 core cpu. There is no lag for me when playing either. This is just a bug imo. It does seem to have some triggers, but trying to nail them down is something I haven't personally tried to do.

For me it seems to be related to water (pools, fountains) and music animations. Come to think of it the CL toilets and the gamin rig also causes lagging. If I can get the "offending object" behind a wall the game picks up normal speed again.
  • TheBristolSimmerTheBristolSimmer Posts: 705 Member
    I'm afraid moving out of San Myshuno helped with the lag I was getting. My Sims can't live there anymore, not until they fix it hopefully!! :)
    The Bristol Simmer||Find my builds and legacy updates on the gallery! Have a happy day!

68OUgVc.jpg
  • Audio_5urfAudio_5urf Posts: 655 Member
    ah, nothing like breaking the fabric of time..

Super speed has always been an issue.. let it run too long and the time won't match when you hit play.. 9/10 times it rubberbands back like 30-45min..so during sleep and such, i hit play every so often just to keep the time synced..

lately though, a new thing popped up with super speed.. sometimes it will continue to super speed even after pressing pause or play for like 15-30min.. it usually rubberbands back.. but yeah, messing with time in the sims is tricky.
    Lets make The Sims 4 great again!
    -- Origin ID: Audio5urf --
    Feel free to add me, and check out my gallery shenanigans.
  • ZafireriaZafireria Posts: 3,640 Member
    A good thing to do to help reduce issues with the time, when using ultra speed, is to start ultra speed then right away switch back to normal speed then back to ultra speed. Do this 1-2 more times during the night till your sims are awake. It will help the game sync the time back up again. At least it works for me.