Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How they could expand on zombies without drastically changing the whole sim world

We've seen how they've done vampires this round and we've seen how two-dimensional zombies were in the sims 3. Many people want zombies to be something more this round or even to not be included in the game at all. Some even want them to be exactly the same, but with updated graphics. Well, what if they were similar, but different to the vampires we have this round. What I mean is this: vampires drink blood from other sims and also have plasma fruit and such. Well, a similar system could be developed for zombies. Zombies could be able to have a "vegetarian" type of option like the vampires with the plasma fruits and also have a taking their brains/flesh from other sims option. The zombie to sim interaction could have a much darker side than the vampires, though. Such as a 50/50 chance on what happens when they eat a sims brains/flesh. One option is the other sims dies and that's that while the other option is that the disease gets spread to the other sim. For those who don't want to deal with the zombie infection there could be special medicine they can take to keep anything from happening. (Different from current in game medicine) There could be a 24 hour wait period before the death or turning into a zombie occurs so that there is a chance to opt out. Zombies could also have a similar, but different "powers" thing going on with weaknesses and strengths going hand in hand. Say something along the lines of walking slower but having a strong grip and being able to more forcefully bite another sim. (I.E. they don't really have a choice in having a chunk bitten out of them and so it's less of a choice than with the vampires, though, the choice to befriend and offer yourself up as food could be an option) The pack could come with a new neighborhood with destroyed buildings and plenty of items and clothing could be included. Say ripped and bloody clothing for zombies (and sims if they want) and survival type gear like decorative boxes labeled food or even just supplies. I'd love to hear about any ideas anyone else might have on something for zombies that gives them more dimension while not being so trans-formative as to change the whole game and it's play style and more than any other supernatural would.

Comments

• v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member
    Way to fix zombies for me -

Step 1 - Allow then to do normal things
    Step 2 - Make sure they are a permanent Trait-based Occult instead of just a moodlet
    Step 3 - Profit !

The only thing i can think of zombies is to turn others into zombies or minor Scare or conversation options.
    jr73Y.gif

• heatherXkittyheatherXkitty Posts: 307 Member
    edited February 2017
    I didn't really like zombies in TS3 because they were more of an annoyance than anything else and there wasn't anything other than the dlc pea shooter (I think you got it if you preordered supernatural? not sure) to combat them.

If and when they add zombies I hope they are less annoying. Also it would be cool if they added something like the pea shooter to help fight the zombies, but maybe make it so you have to find a seed and grow it rather than just buying it. They should also add other ways to combat the zombies. Other than having your sim run away. In every zombie tv show and movie the characters always had weapons to protect themselves from the zombies and it would be nice if there was more than one way for a sim to be able to protect themselves.

And add an option to disable zombies or lessen the spawn/turn rate of zombies for people who may not want to play with zombies in every game of theirs.
    banner_3.jpg?w=1200
  • AutumnBladenAutumnBladen Posts: 295 Member
    I didn't really like zombies in TS3 because they were more of an annoyance than anything else and there wasn't anything other than the dlc pea shooter (I think you got it if you preordered supernatural? not sure) to combat them.

If and when they add zombies I hope they are less annoying. Also it would be cool if they added something like the pea shooter to help fight the zombies, but maybe make it so you have to find a seed and grow it rather than just buying it. They should also add other ways to combat the zombies. Other than having your sim run away. In every zombie tv show and movie the characters always had weapons to protect themselves from the zombies and it would be nice if there was more than one way for a sim to be able to protect themselves.

And add an option to disable zombies or lessen the spawn/turn rate of zombies for people who may not want to play with zombies in every game of theirs.

Wow, I didn't know there was a pea shooter thing, that's cool! Definitely think the whole spawn rate for supernaturals is a thing people want in general for all the life states, so, I don't think you're alone on that.
  • IggIgg Posts: 275 Member
    They could base the zombies on the Voodoo Zombie instead of the Pop Culture Zombie.
    Igg wrote: »
    They could base the zombies on the Voodoo Zombie instead of the Pop Culture Zombie.

What's the difference between the two? I'll admit I've never heard the term voodoo zombie before. I've heard of the two things separately, of course, just not together as a type of zombie.
  • IggIgg Posts: 275 Member

What's the difference between the two? I'll admit I've never heard the term voodoo zombie before. I've heard of the two things separately, of course, just not together as a type of zombie.

It's been a while since I've read anything on Voodoo Zombies, but from what I remember, The Voodoo Zombie is raised from the dead and is bound to servitude. It's not the mindless always hungry zombie that George Romero created. George Romero never even called his creations zombies.

The only other thing I can remember off hand about the Voodoo Zombie is that if you feed one food with salt in it, the zombie will remember it is dead and return to its grave.
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    edited February 2017
    Here' my biggest wish for zombies: make them optional.

I've often mentioned a time travel EP, with a good future and a bad future. The bad future would have a Mad Max kind of aesthetic, and zombies roaming the streets. Being that this would be "the future", it could even be a post-apocalyptic version of Willow Creek (or at least one section of it), and those zombies would be our usual Sims, pulled from the standard walkby lists.

If our Sim got bit, and travelled back to the past, then sure, the plague should have a chance to spread. But we should have the ability to invent a cure, and then use it either on ourselves or another Sim (thus avoiding zombies in the present, but allowing them to continue in the future), or use it on a "Patient Zero" Sim, who shows up in our neighborhood after we cause the bad future somehow, looking under the weather and acting aggressively towards other Sims. As long as we have the ingredients, we should be able to craft as many of these Zombie Cure Potions as we want.

The best thing about this whole Mad Max, survivalist aesthetic, is that our Sims could get new Woodworking options! We could build anti-zombie barricades, board up our windows and doors, or unlock really ramshackle-looking fences and wallpapers.

Simmers could use the pack without even touching zombies or the sci-fi stuff in the good future, and just have their Sims build their entire house from scratch. Why would a survivalist in the woods have a store-bought fence and nice wallpaper? They wouldn't, they'd make all of that stuff themselves.

You could also use the various Supernaturals to combat zombies, but normal Sims had absolutely nothing.
    wJbomAo.png

It's been a while since I've read anything on Voodoo Zombies, but from what I remember, The Voodoo Zombie is raised from the dead and is bound to servitude. It's not the mindless always hungry zombie that George Romero created. George Romero never even called his creations zombies.

The only other thing I can remember off hand about the Voodoo Zombie is that if you feed one food with salt in it, the zombie will remember it is dead and return to its grave.

There are two types of zombies in modern media :

Fantasy zombies (Thesims2) - Reanimated dead bodies trough the use of dark magic. These zombies are immortal since they are already dead, they can in theory perform things that normal people would be able to do, but with some difficulty, the ones in BlackBeard crew on PoTC series is made of such zombies. They are usually slow but strong at the same time.

Sci-Fi Zombies (Thesims3) - Living humans corrupted by an infectious disease that consumes the host body and turns said host into a mindless cannibal simulacrum, this zombie is just a roaming meatbag with desire to eat human meat and by doing so inffecting further hosts, Zombie apocalypse games tend to use this type of zombie, they can die however, their physical proficience is bigger than Supernatural zombies but they are usually not as smart.
    jr73Y.gif

• MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Originally, I thought It should be a Spell to cast.
    I called it the Rite of Necromancy, an ancient spell for summoning/raising the dead.

as long as the spell was cast and active zombies will appear.

to disable zombies, the caster would need to cast the Spell of Endings. doing so will disable zombies, all zombies.

-Caster had control over zombies

- it should be noted the Spell of Endings will Cull all Zombies, including those who turned into zombies. so fair warning only Cast the spell if you've cured your beloved zombie sim.

in other words I want zombies to be a potential threat. and I want sims to be able to fight them off. Why did zombies go for gardens? why was the only defense, plants that could shoot peas? it was foolish.

Zombies should be able to break into homes and go after sims.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
    edited February 2017
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    in other words I want zombies to be a potential threat. and I want sims to be able to fight them off. Why did zombies go for gardens? why was the only defense, plants that could shoot peas? it was foolish.

Because Plants vs Zombies is also one of EA top-selling products. And because Thesims3 occults, specially the ones in that pack, had some really bad and stupid design most of time.

I personally don't want a zombie apocalypse function in Thesims ever again,too annoying, individual zombies are ok.
    jr73Y.gif

Yeah, I was thinking there should be a less apocolypse more individual way they could integrate zombies in the game where they aren't based on witches/wizards/sorcerers. Also, I know alternate futures have been given as a theory of what could be done with zombies, but I feel like that changes the entire dynamic of the game.

• Joel2810Joel2810 Posts: 989 Member
    I wouldn't mind zombies if they were like the zombies from The Sims 2. In TS2 a zombie only appeared when someone was trying to resurrect a sim using that phone thing and they didn't pay enough money. I liked that. The Sims 3 zombies were annoying and I didn't like them in my realistic games.
  • mierpelsommierpelsom Posts: 415 Member
    I wonder if there couldn't be a kind of cross between TS3 zombies and the mummy from WA. Then there'd be the options of zombification (like the mummy curse), wrestling with them to win (or lose!), maybe even a table where frankenstein type zombies could be made, lol. That's so sci-fi horror but it would be fun.

I do want to see zombies, again. Since the sims isn't an fps or even rpg, really, it would be a stretch to have the hoards of zombies I want to see. But then I definitely have a thing for the undead. Hopefully, zombies will be a little more like the other occult types have been. I.E. playable to some degree but still a little dangerous! =D
    Bringer of joy. Lover of life. Wearer of hats.

Grim Spooky Manor Mansion