Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Where's my butler!!?!

My butler is gone and was replaced with a new one? What could have caused this? That butler was crucial to my story! He was supposed to impregnate my live-in nanny. But now there is a woman butler!

Comments

• I8PIKACHUI8PIKACHU Posts: 572 Member
    Butlers tend to disappear without reason. I had one die on my lot but another disappeared without any reason that I knew. Do not depend on your butlers to stick around.
    soul-glo.gif
    Let your soul shine through.
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    I don't know if its the case in Sims 4 but I know in Sims 3 when you started a 'relationship' with them the game would automatically replace them but leave them in your world for the relationship to continue. Maybe he was replaced because he got too close to the family?
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • I8PIKACHUI8PIKACHU Posts: 572 Member
    ^ That's a small detail that could easily be overlooked but would add a ton of detail to the gameplay if it was also in TS4.
    soul-glo.gif
    Let your soul shine through.
  • JadedJaneJadedJane Posts: 991 Member
    It's really annoying how they keep getting replaced. Especially if you are really trying to keep a story line going. I wish they would fix that. I wanted everyone to be vampires including the butler, but he gets replaced constantly. And I called a maid service and he fired her.
  • ZafireriaZafireria Posts: 3,640 Member
    I think bulters (and other NPCS) gets replaced when they started a relationship with a sim. So far I am aware an NPC cannot have a relationship with a sim, if they do, they won't be an NPC anymore. Something to do with how they are coded.

Don't quote me on that as I am not 100% and I can't find the plum post where its said.
  • aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,096 Member
    Grrrr. I have a love/hate relationship with this game. First time I experienced a missing butler but glad to see it's not just me. How can you not talk to your butler once in awhile? That's rude! haha
  • IggIgg Posts: 275 Member
    When is your butler being replaced? When you save and log out? When you leave the lot and come back? When you are playing another household?

Is your original Butler still in the Household Management Window? If he is, you could try deleting the other butlers, so the butler you want is the only one the game has available to send to you.

I've had the same butler since I hired her. She has been persistent for over a month of game days. I camped out on the empty lot in Forgotten Hallow for days without going home and she was still my butler when I returned home.

I even started a new game, added her to a lot and evicted her, then added my sim to the game and started playing. I hired a butler right away and she was the one that was hired.

I do use the MC Command Center mod with the population controls and only play one household, so that may be why I have been lucky.
  • aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,096 Member
    Igg wrote: »
    When is your butler being replaced? When you save and log out? When you leave the lot and come back? When you are playing another household?

Is your original Butler still in the Household Management Window? If he is, you could try deleting the other butlers, so the butler you want is the only one the game has available to send to you.

I've had the same butler since I hired her. She has been persistent for over a month of game days. I camped out on the empty lot in Forgotten Hallow for days without going home and she was still my butler when I returned home.

I even started a new game, added her to a lot and evicted her, then added my sim to the game and started playing. I hired a butler right away and she was the one that was hired.

I do use the MC Command Center mod with the population controls and only play one household, so that may be why I have been lucky.

Thanks but I'm so over butlers. Not using them anymore. But I appreciate the response!
  • simstr0ngsimstr0ng Posts: 679 Member
    I'm having the same problem with butlers - and many more

my butler is replaced for no reason - this is especially irritating when the household has a relationship with the butler
    butlers show up with the lazy, insane or kleptomaniac trait - why can't we get nice butlers?
    the butler won't take direction to "stop gardening" or "make meal", etc.
    butlers are frequently elderly and seem to have problems - bad back, etc.
    I have tried correcting some of these things in CAS...and then my improved butler is replaced by the game.

I would like to be able to choose a butler like we can choose a caterer so we can know something about them - and they should not be replaced by the game.

I do not have any mods or custom stuff
  • IggIgg Posts: 275 Member
    simstr0ng wrote: »
    I'm having the same problem with butlers - and many more

my butler is replaced for no reason - this is especially irritating when the household has a relationship with the butler
    butlers show up with the lazy, insane or kleptomaniac trait - why can't we get nice butlers?
    the butler won't take direction to "stop gardening" or "make meal", etc.
    butlers are frequently elderly and seem to have problems - bad back, etc.
    I have tried correcting some of these things in CAS...and then my improved butler is replaced by the game.

I would like to be able to choose a butler like we can choose a caterer so we can know something about them - and they should not be replaced by the game.

I do not have any mods or custom stuff

When you change a NPCs traits in CAS, Check the Relationship Panel and see If they have updated. If they haven't, use the "Get to Know" and the Deep Conversation" interactions until the new traits have been revealed. You may have changed a slob to neat, but the game my still be considering it a slob.
  • Skcaga6Skcaga6 Posts: 3,399 Member
    You CAN have a relationship with the butler without it being replaced. My current active Sim is in a romantic relationship with the butler. They are unable to have children together and things like that, but they can have a friendship and romantic relationship.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • simstr0ngsimstr0ng Posts: 679 Member
    New news - my favorite butler came back when I started my game today. She is the one I went to CAS to fix and she has great relations with the family including a romantic. So today the music is off (background build music continues to play) but the butler is back.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,581 Member
    simstr0ng wrote: »
    New news - my favorite butler came back when I started my game today. She is the one I went to CAS to fix and she has great relations with the family including a romantic. So today the music is off (background build music continues to play) but the butler is back.

Hello
    It is great that your favourite butler has returned!
    Coming completely out of the game and reloading again can usually help with the music issue.

This is a thread on the AHQ EA site where simmers can post feedback about butler issues
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/COLLECTION-THREAD-Butler-Issues/td-p/5820066
  • DyrewitchDyrewitch Posts: 465 Member
    I have had my butler dissappear on me and I had to rehire him. When all my sims go out then come home he comes home from where ever it is he was but he's always there when they are now. The are vampires so he doesn't waste time cooking food unless its for his self he actually sleeps when he gets tired ( something my other butlers have not done) I have named him Riff Raff (from Rocky Horror Picture Show, too bad I can't give him a hunch back)
  • GothaurusGothaurus Posts: 2 New Member
    for what little I know, I think if you became in a strong relation ship like boyfriend and girlfriend they will go away, but if you have just a romantic relationship with out upgrading to any status then they will still be around. Also because they are not in the world, sometimes when they move to the world they quit and look for other work or just be workless. what you can do is go to manage worlds and add them your self to a lot, that way they will not quit or if they die then you will know.
  • GothaurusGothaurus Posts: 2 New Member
    also if you move to another household they will move with you too, you don't have to hire another one, if you have a retail store they will go there to, and clean for you, why?, I think it is because your store counts to you as a property, there for it is your house too... I think.
  • JayGsmith08JayGsmith08 Posts: 102 Member
    I just bought the glamor pack a couple of days ago because I bought the bowling pack, I had already heard about all of the bugs but just got it because of the globe but also heard that sims constantly go and drink from it constantly but for $9.99 I guess it will be used. I have a Nanny that the family has fallen in love with and she is neat and lovable but will be retiring soon as in the Grim Reaper will be coming for her and I know they will all be heart broken but I will not hire a Butler